• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

The gatcha in this game can be cruel [although the rates for the current Cloud/Rydia/Kain/Wakka event are the best we've seen so far], but at least the game is still manageable only using in-game/farmable equipment, at least for the current selection of content. Both this, and Treasure Cruise [of which Wazzy mentioned earlier] and very fair in that regard, so even if you don't have the best of luck in pulling great items/units from the gatcha you still don't necessarily feel like progression is an impossibility. More difficult sure, but not undoable.

I'm not going to say that I'll never IAP [if it's something I'm having fun with, I do feel the need to chip in a bit of money to show my support] but it won't be often and it definitely won't be for a specific pull. That's the road to despair right there.

Seems like they improved the pulls on the x11 relic draw. I just did my first pull since they updated it and got nothing less than a 3 star I think. I even got Aeris' guard stick and a couple of 4 star weapons (from FFXII ugh, at least now I can ditch most of my old FFXII gear).

Falk

that puzzling face
How old is this game? While you were sitting around waiting for new content, new players continued to arrive. Some new content was easier and some was harder, I don't get how you can't understand that.

Every good ecosystem always has catch-up methods. There are events later on that outright award summons etc. for a leg-up. While it might not be an instant rubberband to current endgame, 1 stamina then is not equivalent to 1 stamina now.

Heck even farming now vs two weeks ago was different. You'd burn 15+ stamina for a shot at a few Lesser Power Orbs.

Now the Aerith event floods you with them because lol.

Or they go away from a business model that only tries to rely on whales.

In many ways mobile and its early adopter regions migrated/evolved from the online PC-based MMORPGs/MMOgames. I used to work in a publisher for one over a decade ago. I guess I made my peace even then. Bitching about it is like bitching about the 1% in USA. Yeah, it's unfair. No, it's not going to change regardless of how much your personal sense of justice pierces the heavens till you're purple in the face.

Roto13

We have an unconfirmed(?) Spread sheet that says it matters.

I guess I might as well still wait for Terra's weapon to be added to the pool, even if I use my 50 mythril in the four-weapon banner.

Seems like they improved the pulls on the x11 relic draw. I just did my first pull since they updated it and got nothing less than a 3 star I think. I even got Aeris' guard stick and a couple of 4 star weapons (from FFXII ugh, at least now I can ditch most of my old FFXII gear).

You're guaranteed to not get anything less than three stars from the non-free pull anyway.

There are some dungeons that have mastery rewards of higher than 2 star drops. Plus getting them from just accumulating mithril is really easy. And you can combine weapons to increase their star rating, although they aren't as strong as the higher star rating they are still stronger than the original.

I was leveling up Black and White mage today for their record materia, but I think I'll level up Josef instead:

record materia i - sap status, attack +19% and damaged taken -8%
record materia II - normal attack is double attack (2x.65 = 1.3 damage)

Japan didn't have harder stages. The elites bosses HP was doubled for the western version, then they backtracked and lowered them back to the same as the Japanese version (except for Magissa & Forza, possibly a mistake).

It is weird however that new elite dungeons start at a lower level, because the classic ones keeps just progressing from the previous content. It is the same in Japan, though.

Edit: on the bright side, the new content being easy to those who started playing a month ago means we get to rotate between the characters and not waste xp.

Edit2: I fucking hate wyrm.

I think the game rounds up the result of the synergy calculation (e.g. Dagger (IX) result is 73.33 but the game shows 74: http://gamepost.s3-website-ap-north...bb26bc9123aeb11e6b4d7160990beb3ef69cc482778ab)

Thanks for pointing that out. I'll change everything from round() to ceiling() but I wouldn't be surprised if other rounding errors pop up due to the fact that I'm using multiple steps with floating point calculations, and it's not clear if internally they truncate, round, or ceiling at multiple points or just once at the end.

For now I don't think it will affect the results too much, but locally I'll make the change to using CEILING() and update when I do 0.4 or something

My luckiest 10 pull yet, two 5* event items. Was aiming for Terra's corset. I might try another 10 pull before her event is done.

vSOREkf.png

Falk

that puzzling face
That sucks, Square really wants people to spend money.

Mastery rewards do give you a bunch of Soul Break 4*s for the core classes though. That's a very decent 'base power level' that the game clearly does take into account. I'm still using my Light Rod on Rydia.

edit: beaten.

Shahed

My luckiest 10 pull yet, two 5* event items. Was aiming for Terra's corset. I might try another 10 pull before her event is done.

vSOREkf.png
Who's weapon is that? And you get character specific armour as well on top of weapons later? Good to see a 5* Light Armour as well. Could do with one of those...

3.5 hours to recharge at 70 stamina?
What time does the event start?

2:45 minutes left I think. 2AM UK time

It's Edgar's weapon.

I was thinking Khimari, Cid (FFVII) or Freya. Never considered a Spear for Edgar. I always think of crossbows and drills when I think of him lol

Edit: Ahaha I just saw FFVI now when I was thinking Spear characters in general. Messed up there

Roto13

For those with 70 stamina, it is time to stop playing so you have full stamina for Terra.

I'm going to MAster Elite Humbaba right before the event and get enough shards to refill my stamina. His dungeon is only one floor.

I'm a man with a plan.

mstevens

Finally started up FF6 for the first time because of this game. Currently going around in circles on a raft grinding while waiting for the Terra event. Meta.

mstevens

Damn right.

Don't overdo it. Your stats don't increase when you level up until you start equipping Espers. :p

Doh..... I might have overdone it. Should I go back to the previous save and just not level up at all? (edit: my guys are around level 15 now)

edit: Sorry to go off topic there, don't want to derail the thread haha

finished off the last of the elites. Need to redo a couple to get mastery, but I can take those after I've drained the terra event dry. Saved a few mythril for here, hoping my first 5 star weapon is her's.

Whixh ones did you not get Mastery on?
looks like Figaro castle 2 and caves of eblan. I also need to go back and master baron castle. Nothing that should take longer than a day or so.

Eblan was just because I forgot water/ice for rubicante. Figaro because I forgot what tentacle was what.

Shahed

Woot Terra weapon get! I'm so happy and glad I saved my Mythril for this. I don't even remember what everything else I got is

EDIT. I got more FFVI gear which I probably don't and yet more Rods and Staffs as well. Apart from Terra's Weapon, the useful stuff are a 4* Black Robe and a 4* Crystal Shield. I'll take that though!

Shahadan

I don't give a fuck about Terra but these weapons are tempting.

I guess I should have kept some mithrils. Btw, are we sure each banner has a separate pool or not? I keep hearing everything and its opposite ;_;

Road

Cyan trying to rescue Terra by himself, but there's an enemy with stop. It will be slow.

Probability of the new event relic draw

0.001%
Grand Glove (VII)
Lustrous Shield (IV)
Masamune (VII)
Ice Whip (IV)
Official Ball (X)
Dark Sword (IV)
Blood Lance (IV)
Guard Stick (VII)
Buster Sword (VII)
Healing Grimoire

1%
Regal Gown (VI)
Zantetsuken (VI)
Enhancer (VI)

1.398%
Genji Armor (V)
Judgment Staff (V)
Danjuro (XII)
Genji Shield (IV)
Genji Helm (V)

Total for 5* is still 10%.

Why this even is giving me more Power Wrist (VII)? If only it were from a different world. Straight to the garbage bin.

elty

Ok 80 mythril gone, 17 draw total

Haul:
5* Judgement staff
5* dagger
some 4* thorn looking helm
4* bow
4* sword
4* dagger

bunch of useless 3* rod

Never been so pissed for getting 5*.

Shahadan

Man this event is too ez been auto battling and watching my mages one shot

That's the point. These events are made mainly to attract new people interested by a particular character, it should be tuned for new players (and grinding exp for said character and friends from that world).

Not made to be current content or to be done by a lvl 50 party :p

Time to level Cyan and the nameless crap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom