• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shahed

Yeah I'm running Cyan, Summoner and WHM. For this. If either the two core characters could heal and use BLM, i'd only use one of them

EDIT: I forgot Tyro. Well he and Cyan can run together as long as possible

Kouriozan

Well, goodbye my 140 mythrils, and welcome 3* shits and some 4* stuff.
Of course my luck is terrible, I knew it.

My first P2W experience with this game and I usually quit those just after it before wasting tons of money :x

thedan001

For those going for Terra's sword relic pull, keep in mind that its highly likely that Terra will also be one of the 4 character relic pull bonus later on

Just for those deciding between wakka/kain/rydia/cloud and terra or saving up $$

finally glad we have a 5* black magic user that isnt black mage :D

Rojo

For those going for Terra's sword relic pull, keep in mind that its highly likely that Terra will also be one of the 4 character relic pull bonus later on

Just for those deciding between wakka/kain/rydia/cloud and terra or saving up $$

finally glad we have a 5* black magic user that isnt black mage :D

yup this is my thinking as well gonna save up for those group ones.

elty

yup this is my thinking as well gonna save up for those group ones.

Why would you? The current 4 in 1 pull is 10% chance for 5*, the current Terra event is also 10% chance for 5*. The current event also has a katana which is ok if you don't have the one for Sephiroth.

elty

Yeah I'm running Cyan, Summoner and WHM. For this. If either the two core characters could heal and use BLM, i'd only use one of them

EDIT: I forgot Tyro. Well he and Cyan can run together as long as possible

I am using Cyan + 4 lowest level. Bard is the only one who cannot 1 shot anything.

Why would you? The current 4 in 1 pull is 10% chance for 5*, the current Terra event is also 10% chance for 5*. The current event also has a katana which is ok if you don't have the one for Sephiroth.

The Zantetsuken is a sword, not a katana, and most of the 5*s you can get from Terra's banner suck. The 2 swords are the only good items, and combined chance is only 2%, nd the only other weapon you have a hope of getting is Danjuro.

The 4 in 1 banner seems to be the best bet right now

elty

The Zantetsuken is a sword, not a katana, and most of the 5*s you can get from Terra's banner suck. The 2 swords are the only good items, and combined chance is only 2%, nd the only other weapon you have a hope of getting is Danjuro.

The 4 in 1 banner seems to be the best bet right now

Seriously? Thought it is a katana for some reason, my bad.

thedan001

I consider 5* soul break weapons more valuable over 5* equipment that doesnt (zantet and gown) so I would invest in the 4 character bonus pull since I dont have any of those yet

4 soul break weapons vs terra's and 2 generic 5* for 10% pull chance

edit: terra's relic pull isn't even 10%? well then, easy decision

I consider 5* soul break weapons more valuable over 5* equipment that doesnt (zantet and gown) so I would invest in the 4 character bonus pull since I dont have any of those yet

4 soul break weapons vs terra's and 2 generic 5* for 10% pull chance

edit: terra's relic pull isn't even 10%? well then, easy decision

It is 10% for just getting 5*, but 3.4% for a 5* weapon

Shahed

Midstream Confluence (where you get Terra) also is weak to Fire for Mastery. She can use Shields which will give her better defense tham Rydia (and Tifa!) but not Helms or Full Armour. Light Armour is fine fine.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Is 10% standard for these draws of event weapons?

Edit: I'm reading that wrong, I mean the rates for the Enhancer are standard?

Roto13

I pulled from Terra's spot.. Crystal Sword 4* (VI)! Awesome! I combined it with my other one for a nice 5*.

Certainly better than nothing. I wouldn't say no to another Crystal Sword.

Cyan trying to rescue Terra by himself, but there's an enemy with stop. It will be slow.

Probability of the new event relic draw

0.001%
Grand Glove (VII)
Lustrous Shield (IV)
Masamune (VII)
Ice Whip (IV)
Official Ball (X)
Dark Sword (IV)
Blood Lance (IV)
Guard Stick (VII)
Buster Sword (VII)
Healing Grimoire

1%
Regal Gown (VI)
Zantetsuken (VI)
Enhancer (VI)

1.398%
Genji Armor (V)
Judgment Staff (V)
Danjuro (XII)
Genji Shield (IV)
Genji Helm (V)

Total for 5* is still 10%.

Why this even is giving me more Power Wrist (VII)? If only it were from a different world. Straight to the garbage bin.

Do you have a list like this for the current four-character relic draw?

so it's 10% rate for a 5* then different % pull rate to get an item off a 5* relic pull? did I get this right?

You can think of it like that, or you can think of it like there's a bunch of different 5*s with their own pull rates, and the total adds up to 10%. The actual rates for this event are:

Code:
Danjuro -           1.398%
Genji Armor -       1.398%
Genji Helm -        1.398%
Genji Shield -      1.398%
Judgement Staff -   1.398%
Enhancer -          1%
Regal Gown -        1%
Zantetsuken -       1%
All other 5*s, -    0.1%

elty

Certainly better than nothing. I wouldn't say no to another Crystal Sword.

Do you have a list like this for the current four-character relic draw?

It was on reddit but basically

1%: ball, spear, whip and buster sword
1.198%: Regal gown, gendi shield, armor, judgement staff, danjuro
0.001%: the rest

Ashodin

Gotta say the amount of content flow we're getting is just right. There's a period of intense playing, then a sort of moderate back and forth on what to play, elites, dailies, etc, then a quick lull, then BOOM new content. It's great

NomadX

Neo Member
Must resist urge to spend money ... ugh *remembers crappy 3-star pulls* Phew, close one. Probably gonna try to get remaining mythril from elites and hope for Terra's weapon. I imagine Vargas would be a cake-walk with that Soul Break. Managed to get 3 Soul Break weapons from mythril (Aerith, Cloud, Wakka). Hope the non-spending luck continues.

Roto13

It was on reddit but basically

1%: ball, spear, whip and buster sword
1.198%: Regal gown, gendi shield, armor, judgement staff, danjuro
0.001%: the rest

Thanks.

Man, I kind of want to just spend the rest of my mythril on inventory slots. :p

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Must resist urge to spend money ... ugh *remembers crappy 3-star pulls* Phew, close one. Probably gonna try to get remaining mythril from elites and hope for Terra's weapon. I imagine Vargas would be a cake-walk with that Soul Break. Managed to get 3 Soul Break weapons from mythril (Aerith, Cloud, Wakka). Hope the non-spending luck continues.
Think about it this way; you used all your crappy luck, you're bound to get nice pulls when you buy!

Shahed

I decided to spend 1 Mythril on Stamina so I could get Terra (I was 5 Stamina short) and also put her through the Exp Daily. I ran it as her, Cyan and Tidus and she's up to 25 now. That'll do for the rest of the event. Weapon upgrade materials on Tuesday will help in both levelling her up, upgrading her weapon and for sorting out my inventory since I can combine a few things to save space. Also spent some Mythril to expand to 130 slots

elty

Errr, almost all the 5* is helpful. The Danjuro is probably the best non character weapon. The armor is extremely useful to let your weakling survive the battle - I was essentially using a lv 37 to lead through a bunch of lv20s in the exp hard daily.

Also I have 150 slots and still did over 25 pulls.

Roto13

ibbKui6d0L4HrV.png

y hello thar

NomadX

Neo Member
Think about it this way; you used all your crappy luck, you're bound to get nice pulls when you buy!

Maybe when Red XIII's weapon comes out. Lunatic High looks like a good Soul Break. Though going for a specific character weapon was how I ended up wasting money before.... damn Masamune.

thedan001

Maybe when Red XIII's weapon comes out. Lunatic High looks like a good Soul Break. Though going for a specific character weapon was how I ended up wasting money before.... damn Masamune.

Anyone have any idea when Tyro's shield grimoire and Red XIII's weapon released in JP? Those 2 would probably be only time I'd gem pull for

B.K.

I finally got 50 Mythril. Is it better to do an 11 draw, do it one at a time, or does it matter? Is the drop rate the same if they're all done at once or individually?

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I finally got 50 Mythril. Is it better to do an 11 draw, do it one at a time, or does it matter? Is the drop rate the same if they're all done at once or individually?

Chance wise, I don't think it matters. There was some talk on the subreddit about the menu you use to access the relic pull can effect your chances. But I don't know if it was ever confirmed. They were looking at the API calls.

Vorpal

Almost enough Mythril for a single pull. Knowing my luck, though, there's no chance of me coming away with Terra's weapon. Uugggghhhh. and I bet that superstition about complaining on Gaf won't help either so I won't even try that ughhh

Okay gacha, let's do this

Edit: Well uh okay

vBGEBDAl.jpg

50 pull (krwc): Blood Lance (5*)
1 4*, 9 3*'s

Oh yeah, no dupes, so that's 11 new inventory slots.

I quickly spent my last two mithril on inventory slots

Grit my teeth and did an 11 pull with the last of the mythril I had from all the new story content. Was going to wait till the next 4 person draw, cause that seemed smarter, but my love for FF6 took over.

Got a Judgement Staff and an Enhancer. The wait until the end to see if that last orb is the one you want is brutal. Glad it worked out though.

Suikoguy

Scrap what I said earlier. Terra can use Helms and Armours perfectly fine.

Yes, she can make a decent front line fighter, but you would have to chose between a staff or sword. It's part of the reason her relic weapon is so awesome, it does both.

Jarate

Banned
*stares at his boring new four star FFXII axe*

I'm never getting a five star weapon.

heheh jokes on you ive gotten 2 of them!

I got it with my first relc draw and it carried me through early game, it has been my best weapon since the beggining of the game

Chance wise, I don't think it matters. There was some talk on the subreddit about the menu you use to access the relic pull can effect your chances. But I don't know if it was ever confirmed. They were looking at the API calls.

It matters insofar doing an 11 pull gets you an extra chance for free basically.

Falk

that puzzling face
Cyan trying to rescue Terra by himself, but there's an enemy with stop. It will be slow.

Probability of the new event relic draw

0.001%
Grand Glove (VII)
Lustrous Shield (IV)
Masamune (VII)
Ice Whip (IV)
Official Ball (X)
Dark Sword (IV)
Blood Lance (IV)
Guard Stick (VII)
Buster Sword (VII)
Healing Grimoire

1%
Regal Gown (VI)
Zantetsuken (VI)
Enhancer (VI)

1.398%
Genji Armor (V)
Judgment Staff (V)
Danjuro (XII)
Genji Shield (IV)
Genji Helm (V)

Total for 5* is still 10%.

X2d5jKx.gif

Terra banner and Genjis still have more chance for a pull. Not to mention Danjuros.

edit: blind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom