• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gridman

Neo Member
Spent my first 50 mythril for the 11 pull. Didn't really get anything special out of it. A bunch of 3 stars and 4 stars. It isn't anything special but the Black Robe and Crystal Armor I got is better than the equipment I've been running. And I got an Enhancer. Fits nicely in the hands of my Terra. Makes up for missing my chances at the Cecils, Sephiroth, and Tifa because I started the game too late. I probably won't get lucky enough to get a 5 star like that again.

Terra get!

I've done two 10+1 pulls so far. No 5* but a bunch of 4* staffs. Urgh. I want swords! Looking at everyone's 5* makes me jealous!!

Roto13

Terra get!

I've done two 10+1 pulls so far. No 5* but a bunch of 4* staffs. Urgh. I want swords! Looking at everyone's 5* makes me jealous!!

I have so many 3 and 4 and 5 star staves. I wonder if it's like Final Fantasy XII equipment and there's just a disproportionately high number of them in the game.

Cob32

Well, goodbye my 140 mythrils, and welcome 3* shits and some 4* stuff.
Of course my luck is terrible, I knew it.

My first P2W experience with this game and I usually quit those just after it before wasting tons of money :x

I'm going to keep referring to this post every time I'm considering spending real money.

Falk

that puzzling face
I would totally forego a bonus pull (11 instead of 10) for a guaranteed 5* per 10 instead.

DeNA pls

Rca7DYz.jpg

2x dealwithit.jpg

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I got my 4th 5* item, Kain's Blood Lance! It's a shame I ditched him a while back (he's level 23 now) but he's definitely going back in my regular party. I feel like I've been pretty lucky getting 4 x 5* draws just by using the mythril that's been provided.

SunGod

I'm trying to hone a few Double Cuts and have plenty of lesser power orbs, not including today's daily dungeon does anyone have a great spot for farming lesser wind orbs? I've been repeating Solitary Island as all the enemies drop are lesser power and wind orbs...

I'm trying to hone a few Double Cuts and have plenty of lesser power orbs, not including today's daily dungeon does anyone have a great spot for farming lesser wind orbs? I've been repeating Solitary Island as all the enemies drop are lesser power and wind orbs...

A few of the new dungeons that were released last week where I had a nice run of them (sorry can't remember any particularly) and of course the Wednesday daily.

Gonna get as many Magicte from the Aerith event, seeing as it ends in a couple of days. Then back to Elites do to as many as those as I can to raise some more stamina and random orbs that may come.

Not really excited by Terra. I'll level her up just like I've done with everyone else but I can't really see her replacing Aerith/Rydia as of yet. That may change eventually but she's on the back burner for now.

One of the best things about having so much Stamina is work doesn't get in the way of wasted stamina once it's capped out. I can happily get a break, know that it's not full and use it up then repeat again.

Also being able to auto battle through most of it, is very helpful to the above too.

Should I get Cripple, Intimidate or the -aga spells first? I'm starting to have the mats for some high level abilities now.

I got Cripple but TBH I didn't find it that useful. Partly because it only work on select enemies and 25% for most normal enemies you can probably do more with a normal attack depending on requirement/level. So more useful for a boss only perhaps if it even indeed works on them.

Aga spells seems much more useful on the whole.

So Terra to replace Rydia? Seems far fetched. Rydia is pretty strong.
Rydia is limited to 3★ black magic spells. Terra should be more useful in the long run. Now in the beginning it doesn't matter much since most of us are stuck with 2★ and 3★ abilities.

Shahed

Gonna get as many Magicte from the Aerith event, seeing as it ends in a couple of days. Then back to Elites do to as many as those as I can to raise some more stamina and random orbs that may come.

Not really excited by Terra. I'll level her up just like I've done with everyone else but I can't really see her replacing Aerith/Rydia as of yet. That may change eventually but she's on the back burner for now.
For now simce Rydia is nearly 50 she's replaced by Terra. But since Terra can use a sword and havebgood defence, i'm gonna use both. Trash are trash either way but on the bosses Magic is usually more damaging and Terra can cover trash ans bosses pretty well

do character events ever pop back up into the rotation?

I got a 5* weapon

it's a masamune!

I didn't get Sephiroth :(

Cloud is using it and he's a beast but i'd really like the shot at seph again

Also I never got tifa's weapon so her using a 3* dancing dagger is pissing me off but I dunno what to do with her otherwise

Althane

Looks like Terra = more auto-battle oriented Rydia, with the ability to cast more powered magic and get those elemental hits.

I'm getting up there for the 50 Mythril pull. The new content + the Terra event has got me sitting pretty at about 30. I've finally also started focusing on Elite content. I just feel like stam goes away so fast in this game, that progress is really jerky.

lyrick

Also I never got tifa's weapon so her using a 3* dancing dagger is pissing me off but I dunno what to do with her otherwise

For Tifa/Josef you can farm:

2* Mythril Claws [FFVI] from Tunnel Armor (FFVI South Figaro Cave)
1* Leather Gloves [FFVII] drop from mobs in FFV Torna Canal and FFV Wind Shrine
1* Cat Claws [FFIII] drop from mobs earlier in the Terra Event

saher

Banned
I see hp bars on all enemies in the japanese version, is this something we will get soon?

Also the jp version is way smoother and they get Moogle hunt quests with myth rewards and some sort of friend system that let you use a Soul break of high leveled character, i used lightning's SB and the dmg was 9999

so tempted to start playing the jp version seriously

Falk

that puzzling face
Is there any point to keeping all of the extra Power Wrists? Is there some future use for them in the JP version?

Realistically I don't see ever needing more than 3 +STR accessories, and then even considering VII synergy, there's the holy shit +15STR VI one, so I'm selling all but two of them.

If that difference suddenly comes around and bites me in the ass in some future VII event where the extra ~10 STR or so on a 4th physical DPS character means the difference between life and death, savescumming taken into account, I'll probably just seppuku irl.

Shahed

Realistically I don't see ever needing more than 3 +STR accessories, and then even considering VII synergy, there's the holy shit +15STR VI one, so I'm selling all but two of them.

If that difference suddenly comes around and bites me in the ass in some future VII event where the extra ~10 STR or so on a 4th physical DPS character means the difference between life and death, savescumming taken into account, I'll probably just seppuku irl.

Even then the other FFVI ring adds Strength as well. I kept 4 earlier because I do use 4 melee at times, so I'll keep 3 now. I can see myself auto battling with 5 melee using Terra to heal if need be when farming something.

rhino4evr

So terra is basically Rydia but stronger minus summons? May have to make a change out. Would be nice to have a front row black Mage

garath

Terra in. Only used enough growth eggs to get her to level 10. With her synergy and a full suit of synergy weapon/armor, she's hanging in the front line of the event quite nicely at level 10. Gaining 1 level per fight. Works for me.

reKon

Banned
All these posts make me not want to spend my next 50 on a relic draw again. I already did it once and the best thing I got was some Genji armor while the first were a few 4 stars and crap.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
That's all the mythril I can get out of the eventdungeons too. Really disappointing.

I think your life will be better long-term if you accept that if you play the game several hours a day, you will probably outpace their release rate of new content. So the option is either to get more comfortable with having periods where you can't immediately go and binge new content to get Mythril, or play less often to make your way through the content more slowly.

Red Mage

I think your life will be better long-term if you accept that if you play the game several hours a day, you will probably outpace their release rate of new content. So the option is either to get more comfortable with having periods where you can't immediately go and binge new content to get Mythril, or play less often to make your way through the content more slowly.

Well, he did say Event Dungeons. Those haven't had a whole lot of Mythril so far. I've almost got all of the Mythril for the newest Event Dungeon, but I've got plenty of content in the form of Elite Dungeons to play.

Pejo

So how does combining work anyways? I got 2- 4 star hammers that I'd love to combine, but the game just keeps telling me "low lvl" or something to that nature when I go into the menu. Also, what does combining do? Does it "hatch" a new item? or just greatly increase the combined item? It's not really explained very well in-game.

Red Mage

So how does combining work anyways? I got 2- 4 star hammers that I'd love to combine, but the game just keeps telling me "low lvl" or something to that nature when I go into the menu. Also, what does combining do? Does it "hatch" a new item? or just greatly increase the combined item? It's not really explained very well in-game.

You have to max upgrade them both before combining, and it just makes a single, ***** version of the item.

Shahed

If you have 2 or more of the same item, upgrade one of them to max and combine it with the other. No need to upgrade both. Once you have the + version of the item, if you have another piece you can get the + version to max again and then combine once more. Only need to upgrade one of the items.

lyrick

* They have to be the same item, not just same rarity
1- upgrade one of the items to the highest level 15/15 in the case of a 4*
2 - select combine equipment and select your max level item (the 15/15 Hammer)
3 - next select the other (1/15 leveled) clone piece of equipment to be consumed
4 - pay the tens of thousands of Gil and enjoy your new combined 5* Hammer

Pejo

You have to max upgrade them both before combining, and it just makes a single, ***** version of the item.

Ah cheers. I can't imagine 2 characters needing hammers, so I think i'll work towards that goal to make my Pally Cecil a powerhouse. Do the 5 star items always get some sort of bonus (chance to KO on hit, etc)? Or in this case would it just be increased attack since the base items have no bonus?

Noi

I'm fine with the former option, really. Its just expressing dissapointment over having some really ho-hum relic pulls ever since the dungeon update dropped. I was hoping for something better than a dupe from my last pull using the last mythril from both the event and my elites. :/

If I really wanted to drown in relics, I'd still be playing the Japanese version. Now that's a mythril wonderland.

playing this game without sound is a crime.

I've heard the sound of dissapointment enough times already!

All these posts make me not want to spend my next 50 on a relic draw again. I already did it once and the best thing I got was some Genji armor while the first were a few 4 stars and crap.

What else are you going to spend it on? 250 inventory slots? For what?

If you play this game long term you'll get hundreds of free mythril over the course of its life. You might not get any 5*s now, but you definitely won't get any if you don't spend your mythril. It's like saving all your Elixirs because they're so rare you don't want to use it unless you really need it, then you end up beating the game without ever having taken advantage of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom