• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z3M0G

Today shall be a good day. Finally able to upgrade weapons. Still I could do with some more 3* and above.

Same here. With the gold from saturday, i hope to max out all my current gear. Then hopefully be strong enough to take down 5 more elite dungeons for one final rare pull.

Drac

Is adding more inventory slots a good investment with our hard earned mythril ? I'm farming for upgrade mats with today event and I feel like I'll hit the max if I keep doing it (I'm the keep everything sell nothing kind of guy in RPG ^^"). God bless auto fight for doing it at work.

Z3M0G

Would anyone know why suddenly Cloud is doing a blue flash around himself when attacking, and doing massive damage?

I equipped him with a 10/10 3-Star Bastard Sword (VI)... which says nothing special in the description.

Is there a boost game mechanic I don't know about here?

He has the lowest attack of my 3 heavy hitters, yet he's doing 2x-3x the damage that they are...

Edit: VI weapon being used in VI dungeon. BIG bonus!

Would anyone know why suddenly Cloud is doing a blue flash around himself when attacking, and doing massive damage?

I equipped him with a 10/10 3-Star sword... which says nothing special in the description.
Q Is there a boost game mechanic I don't know about here?

Are you in a FF7 dungeon or in a dungeon corresponding to the world of the weapon you gave him?

I equipped him with a 10/10 3-Star sword... which says nothing special in the description.

If the character, weapon or armor you using belong to the games realm you are in they get a big bonus.

Are you fighting in the FF7 worlds? People and items get stat boosts while in their own native games so Cloud gets a stat boost while in the FF7 dungeons. I think the blue glow might be that (but not 100% sure).

Also, they get an exp bonus at the end of each fight, worth noting if you are trying to level a particular character.

Z3M0G

Are you in a FF7 dungeon or in a dungeon corresponding to the world of the weapon you gave him?

If the character, weapon or armor you amusing belong to the games realm you are in they get a big bonus.

Are you fighting in the FF7 worlds? People and items get stat boosts while in their own native games so Cloud gets a stat boost while in the FF7 dungeons. I think the blue glow might be that (but not 100% sure).

Also, they get an exp bonus at the end of each fight, worth noting if you are trying to level a particular character.

None of this applies... it's not the usual blue glow when you have a boost from being in the realm of the character. I'm doing the daily event which is VI based.

HOWEVER, his weapon is indicated as having a bonus... since it is a VI weapon... that must be it, but WOW! What a damage bonus!

10/10 3-Star Bastard Sword (VI)...
> Outside of dungeon: ATK +38
> While in VI dungeon: ATK + 87 :O

This is clearly the most important source of power in the game.

Looking over some numbers, and I can say that max level 2-Star gear would out power max level 3-Star gear if the 2-Star matches the dungeon. Very good to know, when tackling the elite stuff. I'm not throwing any 1-2 star stuff away anymore unless I have all duplicates combined into a ++ item (upgraded by 2 stars). Even 1 star gear has some worth in this way.

Man... leveling a 5-Star item to 20/20 max is EXPENSIVE... I think it'll cost around 150k, maybe more.

SunGod

Is there a list of which dungeons were released in each update of the Japanese version of the game? Assuming it's going to be the same for us (has the launch been the same?) I'd like to take a look at what we're going to receive from here on.

Also is there a list of events that have taken place in the Japanese version of the game? I've got a few decent pieces of gear now so I'm considering simply saving mythril up, I know I can get 11 draws for the price of 10 down the line but for example were there events where you could only draw 4*+ or 5* pieces?

Nickoten

Neo Member
According to the Japanese official wiki, we're getting a Tifa and Sephiroth event tonight. Hopefully you don't have to beat it on Hard to get one of them!

Beelzebubs

Good news. First event is a FFVII one with Sephiroth and Tifa.

Recruit Sephiroth and Tifa in this Challenge Event!

The Of Shinra and Legends challenge event launched at 6:00 PM 3/31 PST (2:00 AM 4/1 UTC).
Complete the event dungeons to recruit Sephiroth and Tifa. Recover their Hero Records while putting an end to Shinra's plans, and add these legendary characters to your ranks!

▼Rewards
Infiltrate the Shinra Building to recruit Tifa and a legendary SOLDIER!
You might just get a Greater Summoning Orb, one of the requirements to summon the mighty Leviathan!

https://ffrkstrategy.gamematome.jp/game/951/wiki/Event Info

Looks like our first event is Of Shinra and Legends. Goes live 6pm PST 3/31

The event is split into 14 stages. With each stage having multiple levels.

The stamina cost increase as you go higher. For example Stage one has 3 levels, each costing 3 stamina. Whereas stage 14 has 5 levels for a total of 51 stamina!

You get Tifa at stage 7, Sephiroth at stage 14.

Relics with boosted chance = Masamune and Grand Gloves

Prepping for the event. As of right now there doesn't' seem to be any weapon drops. But as for armor:

Protect Vest from Antlion's Den (FFIV)

Mythril Armlet from Baron's Castle (FFIV)

Let's get cracking!

http://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/30xcag/psa_new_event_of_shinra_and_legends_ffvii/

Z3M0G

Fuck Yah! Looking forward to tonight's Event!!

Dammit! Axiom Verge, my most anticipated PS4 title ever, releases today... could a F2P phone game keep me away from that? LOL

Something to do while waiting for stamina, at the very least... :p

The stamina cost increase as you go higher. For example Stage one has 3 levels, each costing 3 stamina. Whereas stage 14 has 5 levels for a total of 51 stamina!

Question... will this be a dungeon you must enter at Stage 1 every time? Obviously not, right? That would be insane... :/

Althane

Is there a use for Scarletite? Not sure what the point of today's dungeons are for, since it doesn't seem to appear in the Combine or Upgrade equipment parts.

Good drops for weapons, so it's great for farming right now. All my draws have been 3*s, and I'm not feeling powerful enough to fight through the Normal dungeons, although my team (Cloud, Kain, Tidus, Wakka, and Rydia) are all approaching level 20. Maybe I'm just being too cautious.

Althane

Scroll down to see the Scarletites :)

I assumed that th..

-_-

fuck it

Thanks.

Edit: Using it boosted my equipment significantly. Clearing Normal dungeons now. Might even try the first elite dungeon to see if I get my teeth kicked in.

MicH

I've already gotten dupes from the rare relic summons. Ugh. At least I hot two 5* relics too - Genji Armor and Royal Gown both which are really awesome and useful. Suddenly Rydia is untouchable :p

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
The hard daily today is pretty easy compared to the past couple days. Only thing to fear is the behemoth meteor attack which only did 1k to my party.

Einbroch

Banned
The hard daily today is pretty easy compared to the past couple days. Only thing to fear is the behemoth meteor attack which only did 1k to my party.

Yep, as long as you don't get that meteor attack you can pretty easily beat it. Once that attack lands, though, rip rip.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Oh, yeah, I can survive it too, but it just kills the run unless it's on the last stage.

Yeah. Luckily it only happened to me on the last fight of the last stage. It seems like the final stage mobs use their big attacks right off the bat in these events.

Z3M0G

Ok folks... don't throw away your 1-Star gear.

Max level 1-Star gear is still better than Max level 3-Star gear when used in the appropriate Dungeon.

Check out this example (I hope to upload screen shot evidence when I'm not at work):

Gaia Rod (XII) 3-Star Max lvl 10/10 (My current best rod)
ATK +12
MAG +36
ACC +89
MND +19

Rod (IV) 1-Star Max lvl 3/3
ATK +4
MAG +8
ACC +83
MND +4

Rod (IV) 1-Star Max lvl 3/3 Boosted in IV Dungeon
ATK +12
MAG +37
ACC +83
MND +19

Only a 1 point difference to MAG when used on Rydia... but there you have it.

Safe to say that 1 star gear would certainly not over-power 4 star gear, but 2 star gear might.

StMeph

Running Cloud, Tidus, Kain. Tyro, and WHM right now, all around level 20. Cleared the Normal story content, but Elite seems more difficult than the Difficulty rating would suggest. Also doing Easy/Normal dailies. What level is suggested for Hard? And is there something I'm missing to Elites, or is it really more about gear synergy?

Z3M0G

Running Cloud, Tidus, Kain. Tyro, and WHM right now, all around level 20. Cleared the Normal story content, but Elite seems more difficult than the Difficulty rating would suggest. Also doing Easy/Normal dailies. What level is suggested for Hard? And is there something I'm missing to Elites, or is it really more about gear synergy?

See my posts above... it's ALL about gear synergy.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

Elites need gear, levels, skills, and understanding of boss mechanics.

I started completing hard events (without usibg mythril) around 25ish.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
When upgrading, is it better to wait to get 10 items? What I'm asking is if the prices are proportionate

Marginally better to wait.

For example, if I upgrade a Level 9 Crystal Sword **** (FFVI), it costs me 1340 gil an item, regardless of which item I use. If I want to put on 10 items, it costs me 13400. But if I upgrade it to a Level 10 Crystal Sword, then it costs me 1390 gil an item. But a 3.7% increase doing items independently might be an acceptable to upgrade in the mean time.

Also this goes without saying, but because upgrade costs are per-item, use your best upgrade fodder first. It makes no sense to blow 15k gil to upgrade an item one level because you're throwing level 1 fodder at it.

mstevens

So we have a limited amount of time to get Tifa and Sephiroth? What happens if we aren't strong enough by the time the event is over... SOL?

I heard Japan has had some one time only character opportunities.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I read that level 30 is recommended for the upcoming event. Hope everybody did their grinding so they can get sephiroth!

Shouta

So, does our launch pretty closely resemble the Japanese launch? If so, how soon did they get Quistis?

It'll be a few months. Quistis comes with Selphie in her dungeon so you'll get them together but there's a bunch of other chars that'll come before them like Edgar and Sabin.

So we have a limited amount of time to get Tifa and Sephiroth? What happens if we aren't strong enough by the time the event is over... SOL?

I heard Japan has had some one time only character opportunities.

No, Tifa and Sephiroth will appear again eventually as I've said before. I didn't get either since I joined after their dungeons in the JP version but both came back later on.

As for Tifa and Sephiroth, you'll be able to get them doing their Normal dungeons all the way through. However, if you can, you definitely want to get their Level Break items in the Force/Hard mode version as it raises their level cap to 65.

Negator

As for Tifa and Sephiroth, you'll be able to get them doing their Normal dungeons all the way through. However, if you can, you definitely want to get their Level Break items in the Force/Hard mode version as it raises their level cap to 65.

Yeah, I really doubt that's going to happen for most of us, unless the force dungeons are easy.

Z3M0G

Fuck yah!

Not only '1 down, 3 to go"... but Mastered the bitch!

X Zanarkand 17 MASTER
IV Mist Cave 20
X Besaid 21
IV Underground 23

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
The hardest part of this event for me is going to be the ranged only boss. Good thing I have a 3* harp and a crappy bow laying around. I'm farming up some Thundara and boost abilities as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom