• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

reKon

Banned
What else are you going to spend it on? 250 inventory slots? For what?

If you play this game long term you'll get hundreds of free mythril over the course of its life. You might not get any 5*s now, but you definitely won't get any if you don't spend your mythril. It's like saving all your Elixirs because they're so rare you don't want to use it unless you really need it, then you end up beating the game without ever having taken advantage of them.

I know I know. I just don't like the feeling of disappointment...

I do really need inventory slots right now, lol.

Shahed

Aerith event again. So boring. Wish there was a reliable way of getting 3* Orbs. They should add a Tier above Hard or something. The upgrade materials, money and EXP aren't even that good there

How much extra item slots do you get for each spent piece of Mythril?

5. It doesn't take that many mythril before you're capped, and unless you're an item hoarder there's no reason to ever go above sbout 120-130. There are even tools to identify items in your inventory that are never worth keeping so that you can free up space. With how much of a pain inventory management UI is in this game, it's very helpful to cull out worthless items

I saved up 60, bought 50 inventory slots and did a ten pull. I usually have around 110 slots full at any given time, but try to carry ten or so materials over after their respective days. Pretty happy and secure with the extra slots. I've done 2 ten pulls And am debating whether to do 2 pulls now as it will be quite a while before I can scrounge up the 40 more needed for the ten pull? I am in desperate need of the material day.

Kaiterra

Banned
Argh crap. Crap crap crap crap crap. So I got two FFV Rune Axes and 1 FFV Giant's Axe out of relic pulls. They're both 4-star FFV axes an they both have very similar icons. Since the Giant's Axe would be redundant, I wanted to feed it to one of my Rune Axes so I could eventually combine those into a 5-star Rune Axe.

What do I do? I click on the second Rune Axe on the Upgrade screen because the icon is SO SIMILAR. Augh. Augh augh augh.

21004007_04_112.png
21004009_04_112.png

I shot support an E-mail to see if anything can be done. I'm not optimistic.

Augh, why are there even two FFV axes on the same rarity?

Roto13

Man, I love my Enhancer. I've raised it to level 14 and it has higher magic than any other weapon I have. It also has higher attack, but that will probably change once I level up my Danjuro.

With that weapon, Terra is like a red mage if red mages were actually good at stuff.

Nohar

Still playing the game (though I mostly just hit "Auto-battle" and do something else, unless it is a boss battle; on that note, Vargas is a jerk). I really wished it would run better on my iPhone.

Got a few 4* weapons and a Gengis Shield (5*). Terra gladly equiped those and replaced my White Mage (waaaaaaay too frail).

Made the mistake of upgrading a 1* robe for Rydia. It costs a ton of gils, and any 2* armor will be better at equivalent rank. Oh well, I guess I have to wait until Saturday to farm gils.

Now, getting Aerith before the deadline is gonna be tricky...

ZiggyST

Banned
My game get stuck/freeze every time I have to scroll to the inventory, is anyone else having this problem? or know a solution?

Also, is Terra a good replacement for Rydia? (I'm going to replace her, just because I like Terra too much)

Althane

5. It doesn't take that many mythril before you're capped, and unless you're an item hoarder there's no reason to ever go above sbout 120-130. There are even tools to identify items in your inventory that are never worth keeping so that you can free up space. With how much of a pain inventory management UI is in this game, it's very helpful to cull out worthless items

What's the cap? 150? 200?

Edit: Nohar, Gil dungeon is also on Thursdays, so you're in luck!

Red Mage

Argh crap. Crap crap crap crap crap. So I got two FFV Rune Axes and 1 FFV Giant's Axe out of relic pulls. They're both 4-star FFV axes an they both have very similar icons. Since the Giant's Axe would be redundant, I wanted to feed it to one of my Rune Axes so I could eventually combine those into a 5-star Rune Axe.

What do I do? I click on the second Rune Axe on the Upgrade screen because the icon is SO SIMILAR. Augh. Augh augh augh.

21004007_04_112.png
21004009_04_112.png

I shot support an E-mail to see if anything can be done. I'm not optimistic.

Augh, why are there even two FFV axes on the same rarity?

You don't combine them on the upgrade screen though... why would you try it? o_O; (I also have both axes btw. No one but Kain and Joseph even use axes, lol).

So many people misspelling genji... is this some kind of meme?

Terra event down, working on my last few mastery mistakes. Next up Rubicante v2

My game get stuck/freeze every time I have to scroll to the inventory, is anyone else having this problem? or know a solution?

Also, is Terra a good replacement for Rydia? (I'm going to replace her, just because I like Terra too much)

It's buried in this thread, but there's definitely a way to get it to stop from freezing. As you're dragging to get the next page of items to load, if the chocobo is not moving and doesn't display "Loading", drag back the other way, wait a few seconds, and try again. Guaranteed, most of the time, if your chocobo isn't moving as you attempt to the next page, it will hang.

Roto13

I should really just trash a lot of this two star equipment. I have no room left in my inventory. I've been trying to save things that are two stars and higher but that's probably not worth it.

Yes. Terra can use higher level black magic. But she can't use summons.

snag

I actually sold two of the Kazekiris I got from the first Shinra event when the game launched. I didn't really get how the combining system worked... I probably would still be using it if I got it to four stars.

And then I got 3x three star blitz whips from relic pulls, combined them for my first five star weapon, and pulled the rydia whip like a couple of days later...

Can't complain tho, the game's been pretty enjoyable so far.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I should really just trash a lot of this two star equipment. I have no room left in my inventory. I've been trying to save things that are two stars and higher but that's probably not worth it.

Until (if) they release content that is actually difficult, then it's not worth keeping around the two-starred items in hope of using them for the synergy bonus.

StMeph

It seems like combining for higher star ratings is only really useful for record synergies. A 3*++ is definitely weaker than a native 5*, and might even be weaker than a native 4*. The only time the 3*++ beats the 5* item is when record synergy is taken into account, because of the giant bonuses (and additional bonuses for every 5 levels gained).

Kaiterra

Banned
You don't combine them on the upgrade screen though... why would you try it? o_O; (I also have both axes btw. No one but Kain and Joseph even use axes, lol).

No, I was trying to use the Giant's Axe as upgrade material so that I could LATER combine the Rune Axes. Now I won't be able to combine Having another 5-star would've been nice. :(

It seems like combining for higher star ratings is only really useful for record synergies. A 3*++ is definitely weaker than a native 5*, and might even be weaker than a native 4*.

I've got several items where the latter part isn't the case unless you factor in synergy. But going two ranks up, yeah.

Saerk

Combine what you can up to 4*s, and use them for Record Synergy.

Roto13

Until (if) they release content that is actually difficult, then it's not worth keeping around the two-starred items in hope of using them for the synergy bonus.

Combine what you can up to 4*s, and use them for Record Synergy.

Yeah, that's what I'd like to do (and do whenever I can) but I don't have any doubles left and my inventory is at 105 out of 110.

I've mentioned it in the thread a few times, but you should really try out my spreadsheet. I was able to find a lot of gear that I was holding on to for future combines / upgrades were completely worthless to me, even if fully combined and upgraded, even if used in their appropriate record synergy zones, because I had other items that were just hands down better. Even some of my 3* items that I wasted money combining and upgrading, I found out from the spreadsheet have lower stats across the board than some of my other items, and weren't even in the top 3 items for any character.

Saerk

Yeah, that's what I'd like to do (and do whenever I can) but I don't have any doubles left and my inventory is at 105 out of 110.

You still have 5 free spots. Just spot check the level synergy on the items and sell the ones you have too much of. FFXII seems to be common for me. I had 6 different FF5 Bows, and I went ahead and sold off all the 2 star ones. We only really have Wakka (and Ranger and Tyro I suppose) to use bows, so I only really need one for that level.

I also had a bunch of FFIV armor from the armor upgrade item daily, so I dumped all the shields I had there and only kept two upgraded helms and one set of plate. Probably will sell the plate eventually too since I like helms better due to the attack boost, and only having a slight armor drop off from the plate.

1 last mission for the lethe event. I didn't find the rewards for this event to be all that great, other than terra whom I of course threw in my party and is decked out with VI gear so shes a badass even at level 15.

I really hope to get her sword since I've needed another 5*melee weapon for a while now. I spent a lot recently though trying to get a 5* sword but not much luck.

I've got 52 Mythril. I think I'm going to use two for 10 more inventory slots and then do my 11 pull.

Just fyi, you may already knwo this but the rates differ between banners. If you really want Terra's sword or the Zantetsuken, then definitely use Terra's banner, but if you just want to maximize the odds of getting a 5* weapon, use Kain and Rydia's banner.

Just fyi, you may already knwo this but the rates differ between banners. If you really want Terra's sword or the Zantetsuken, then definitely use Terra's banner, but if you just want to maximize the odds of getting a 5* weapon, use Kain and Rydia's banner.
Oh god I had no idea the banners made a difference.

Oh god I had no idea the banners made a difference.

http://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/33g3mn/relic_draw_item_drop_rates_provided_by/

It's not clear if this will be true in the future, but basically:

1) Armors always have a decent drop rate
2) Weapons without soul breaks always have a decent drop rate.
3) For weapons with soul breaks, only the advertised weapons have a decent drop rate. Other 5* soul break weapons you have a rat's chance in hell of obtaining unless it's on the banner.
4) Total chance of obtaining a 5* item of some kind or another stays constant at 10% (exception being the Aerith Banner, which seems to be 7%, not sure if that's a bug though)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom