• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vorpal

I've mentioned it in the thread a few times, but you should really try out my spreadsheet. I was able to find a lot of gear that I was holding on to for future combines / upgrades were completely worthless to me, even if fully combined and upgraded, even if used in their appropriate record synergy zones, because I had other items that were just hands down better. Even some of my 3* items that I wasted money combining and upgrading, I found out from the spreadsheet have lower stats across the board than some of my other items, and weren't even in the top 3 items for any character.

I just went ahead and put the time into filling out my inventory on the FFRK: Item Keeper site. It actually took a lot less time than I thought--maybe 15 minutes total for my full inventory. It really is super helpful, though. I'm still digging into comparisons but, at the very least, it's about 100x better for inventory management than anything in-game

I just went ahead and put the time into filling out my inventory on the FFRK: Item Keeper site. It actually took a lot less time than I thought--maybe 15 minutes total for my full inventory. It really is super helpful, though. I'm still digging into comparisons but, at the very least, it's about 100x better for inventory management than anything in-game

If you have the ability to use the spreadsheet (if you're not on Windows you can use OpenOffice), you should give it a try. The website is based off of an early version of my spreadsheet which still requires you to individually check every realm synergy. The spreadsheet on the other hand takes all synergies into account all at once and produces a final score indicating how useful an item is. So you literally just end up with 1 number that means "You can throw this item away" whereas you have to make the decision individually by looking at every realm synergy with the website. And even then it's not immediately clear which characters can use which weapons, so if you see 5 really strong items you might be tempted to sell a weaker item, only to find out that that weaker item is the only one that, for example, Tifa could use since she doesn't get many good weapon types.

On the other hand, the website does some things nicely that my spreadsheet doesn't yet do. One of those is to correctly handle items which have the same name but appear in multiple realms. Mage Masher is an example of this, there's a Mage Masher (IV) and a Mage Masher (XII) for example. The other thing it doesn't do is provide a useful analysis if you enter different types of equipment all at once. Like if you put Armors and Weapons into the same list.

Still, it has a few features that I think make it worthwhile, at least until the creator of the website updates the website to add these features. The score is one of them, as I mentioned, but the other is being able to get the list of the top 3 items for each realm all in one screen. And it does it for each character too, and knows what kind of items each character can equip. So you can basically equip your entire party on paper just by looking at one row of the spreadsheet and be guaranteed that it's optimal.

For now I'm using both to complement each other. I'm going to keep enhancing my spreadsheet and hopefully the author of the website keeps integrating my changes into his website, because in the end it's more convenient to not have to rely on a desktop app for a mobile game. But for now I still find the spreadsheet indispensable. The biggest annoyance is having to switch from weapons to armor, deleting the list and re-typing it. But you can workaround that by saving your weapon / armor list in temporary locations and just pasting them in when you want to swtich.

Roto13

I've mentioned it in the thread a few times, but you should really try out my spreadsheet. I was able to find a lot of gear that I was holding on to for future combines / upgrades were completely worthless to me, even if fully combined and upgraded, even if used in their appropriate record synergy zones, because I had other items that were just hands down better. Even some of my 3* items that I wasted money combining and upgrading, I found out from the spreadsheet have lower stats across the board than some of my other items, and weren't even in the top 3 items for any character.

You are clearly willing to give this stuff a lot more thought than I am. :p Thanks for doing the super boring work so I don't have to.

lyrick

Div/0 error [Column AE] on Silver Harp Entry

Would be pretty cool if you highlighted equipment that doesn't appear on the optimal list (maybe w/ exception for Staves & Rods) So I knew what crap to rid myself of.

Would be pretty cool if you highlighted equipment that doesn't appear on the optimal list (maybe w/ exception for Staves & Rods) So I knew what crap to rid myself of.

That's what the "Score" column is for. If it has a score of 0, it doesn't appear on the optimal list. The score is a bit complicated, but basically the closer it is to 0, the more useless the item is. And when it's 0, it doesn't appear anywhere. This is a bit better than just highlighting it, because it gives you an idea of how much it appears on the optimal list, not just a yes or no. If you want to see all the places it appears on the optimal list, select the item in column A and press F9 (I just found out that for some reason this doesn't work in OpenOffice, only in Excel, so I have plans to change the way this works in the next update).

lyrick

That's what the "Score" column is for. If it has a score of 0, it doesn't appear on the optimal list. The score is a bit complicated, but basically the closer it is to 0, the more useless the item is. And when it's 0, it doesn't appear anywhere. This is a bit better than just highlighting it, because it gives you an idea of how much it appears on the optimal list, not just a yes or no.

ahh thanks, didn't see the note.

Shahed

Celes event is next and supposedly it's meant to be really hard. I've got Terra and Cyan 30ish and they'll get more levels tomorrow and Sunday. There's not any FFVI gear I can farm that I don't have better already have better. Cloud is apparently necessary for Hard due to Spellblade, but he's my only 50 and I didn't want to use him. Time to hone some abilities

Celes event is next and supposedly it's meant to be really hard. I've got Terra and Cyan 30ish and they'll get more levels tomorrow and Sunday. There's not any FFVI gear I can farm that I don't have better already have better. Cloud is apparently necessary for Hard due to Spellblade, but he's my only 50 and I didn't want to use him. Time to hone some abilities

About time! I honestly want something that I'm only borderline able to beat. Admittedly that's probably not going to happen since Cloud is 50 and everyone else is mid 40s, but still. I want a taste of what "hard" actually means in this game. So far everything except FF5 North Mountain Elite is auto-battle.

Finished the Terra event, time to soft-train on the Aeris event and maybe pickup another orb or two before that wraps up.

Scary to think that I have four limit break items in my inventory:
Kain - Blood Lance
Diamond Helm - Knight
Light Rod - Black Mage
Light Staff - White Mage

*sigh*

ZiggyST

Banned
It's buried in this thread, but there's definitely a way to get it to stop from freezing. As you're dragging to get the next page of items to load, if the chocobo is not moving and doesn't display "Loading", drag back the other way, wait a few seconds, and try again. Guaranteed, most of the time, if your chocobo isn't moving as you attempt to the next page, it will hang.

I don't think I can do that.., the scrolls flashes and teleports a lot before even see the chocobo.
I hate so much this game because of those terrible menues, the battery draining issue and other, but I love it because.. Final Fantasy -___-.

Vorpal

Very cool. I'll have to mess around with the spreadsheet. Thanks for the explanation.

Man, I love my Enhancer. I've raised it to level 14 and it has higher magic than any other weapon I have. It also has higher attack, but that will probably change once I level up my Danjuro.

With that weapon, Terra is like a red mage if red mages were actually good at stuff.

Jealous! I plan on using Terra basically forever so I was really hoping to nab an Enhancer. I'm tempted to buy some gem pulls but I feel like I'd just be throwing good money after bad. I can't complain about Terra with a Zantetsuken though. She's turning into a badass frontline fighter who occasionally tosses out a Quake or two

Falk

that puzzling face
How is the summoner, Whats his limit break actually do? Call a random summon from the already released pool or is there a chance Bahumut and Odin can come out to play?

I honestly have never gotten enough turns with him to get a Soul Break bar. He just sits in the back skipping turns and soaking XP and occasionally casting Syldra on bosses or on the last stage of a dungeon.

edit: Speaking of Soul Breaks, Knight is so absurdly useless lol

Hey, gonna build up a soul break bar then blow the opportunity cost of a turn INCREASING MY OWN DEFENSE. Pls bosses target me kk!

And then you have Diamond Helm which makes it even more useless by requiring two bars but I guess the upgrade is that you're now no longer in danger of accidentally wasting a turn on his useless Soul Break because who the shit ever hits two bars of Soul Break in any of the farming dungeons.

Roto13

What's the best place to level up Final Fantasy VI characters? I've been using Cyan and Terra in the Lethe event but I keep getting blinded and that's a pain.

I don't think I can level up Terra in time for Celes. She is only lv25

VI vector streets classic is great for dp for terra and cyan, saw this on reddit and tried it out. 3500xp before the rs bonus for each. Take cure as the enemy has a poison attack. Also get lots of mats and lesser fire/earth orbs

elty

VI vector streets classic is great for dp for terra and cyan, saw this on reddit and tried it out. 3500xp before the rs bonus for each. Take cure as the enemy has a poison attack. Also get lots of mats and lesser fire/earth orbs

So that is 10500xp total for 6 stamina? Not bad. Maybe I should check if Terra can solo it.

Too bad right now is FF7 event grind time for greater orbs.

Noi

The only thing I care about from this video is that this guy has 133 stamina.

/drool

In all seriousness though, I guess I'll have to wait and see how hard it is, but right now I'm looking forward to it.

Edit: Watched the video, I'm susprirsed he didn't S/L when his healer died in the 2nd battle. Do JP not know about this trick or just not use it?

Based on the video, that event looks to be the first one where the event has both a normal and an elite version. Jpn elite events would destroy my party at later levels, and they weren't exactly slouches. And that's. It even the EX dungeons.

Edit: If there's no changes to the Japanese schedule aside from the one they already did, Rinoa should be the next challenge event. It has Elite dungeons, but no EX dungeon.

Only 2 mastery to go, the final FFV dungeon which was the only one to escape nerfing, and Figaro 2. Anyone quickly remind me which tentacle needs what for mastery?

Falk

that puzzling face
The two bottom tentacles need to be hit with fire and ice. Can't remember which is which - just hit them with Shiva then hit the one that heals with Fire I guess.

(Or savescum it, no big deal)

EGM92

The only thing I care about from this video is that this guy has 133 stamina.

/drool

In all seriousness though, I guess I'll have to wait and see how hard it is, but right now I'm looking forward to it.

Edit: Watched the video, I'm susprirsed he didn't S/L when his healer died in the 2nd battle. Do JP not know about this trick or just not use it?

What's S/L?

I want sabin
hex.gif

Also, I am guessing that pause menu option is battle speed? Good. Cause I think auto-battle is too good to enter in commands fast. Plus skipping to the right character can be so time consuming.

Falk

that puzzling face
I want sabin
hex.gif

Also, I am guessing that pause menu option is battle speed? Good. Cause I think auto-battle is too good to enter in commands fast. Plus skipping to the right character can be so time consuming.

I think the game overall doesn't use the touchscreen enough. Imagine simply dragging from a character to target then selecting an action even before the ATB gauge fills, and then it's automatically carried out when it's their turn.

Discc13

Neo Member
So I made my first 11 pull and got this
v2OFjMS.png

Now Im feeling like buyin some gems and make abother pull, need Terra's weapon,but I don't know maybe ill wait and get another 50 mythril, what do You guys think?

Ooh and before You guys hit me,I Play whit headphones so no silence for me on this game hehe.

Vorpal

So I made my first 11 pull and got this

Now Im feeling like buyin some gems and make abother pull, need Terra's weapon,but I don't know maybe ill wait and get another 50 mythril, what do You guys think?

Ooh and before You guys hit me,I Play whit headphones so no silence for me on this game hehe.

I think you've got some really excellent armor. Farm a few Black Cowls and you could have 5* gear on 4/5 party members. That's awesome.

As far as sinking money to pull Terra's weapon--just know that you'd be banking on what is effectively a 1% drop rate for the Enhancer

the regal gown is quite nice, particularly now with the VI levels. I got two in the same draw and have one on Terra and one on Cyan. Oddly in the same draw I also got 2 4* Diamond Armor VI's, so basically one 10 pull and I'm set VI armorwise. that was my first 10 pull and by far the most productive. Good luck on another.

Roto13

It is absolutely not worth spending money with the hopes of getting a specific item. The odds are strongly against it coming up, no matter what it is, and that's extra true for five star relics and character weapons.

thedan001

If anyone plans to spend on these types of games dreaming for a specific item, expect to be sorely disappointed

Just take advantage of the bonus pull rates whenever possible and work with what you get from gatcha prizes

Also plan ahead so you can pull often during items you want, I know I plan to save up for Tyro's shield grimoire and Nanaki/Red 13 weapon

I hoped for Terra's weapon but I got Wakka's ball and Cloud's buster sword instead... can't complain

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
It is absolutely not worth spending money with the hopes of getting a specific item. The odds are strongly against it coming up, no matter what it is, and that's extra true for five star relics and character weapons.

Assuming a pull that has a 10% chance of giving you a 5* and a 10% chance of giving you the specific 5* item you want IF you get a 5*, you would have to pay for on average 9x11-pull (over $300) to get the item you want. That's on average. The variance would be significant, the 95% CI would go into the thousands of dollars.

... and this is for a virtual sprite that will be obsoleted in a few months.

thedan001

Sounds like you pulled using the wrong banner. :p

I didnt have any of 5* soul break weapons so I went for 4 char banner and got ball/buster, then tried some leftover pulls on Terra's pull and no luck yet, I knew I had a better chance to get a soul break weapon this way

I'm not stressing over it, maybe I'll get lucky on next 4 chara banner pull that has Terra in it later on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom