• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsmith

remember me
Ugh, most limit breaks are so bad. So sad they're outclassed by level 2 skills unless you're lucky enough to get a character's weapon. Terra's trance is completely useless, might be the worst one yet if you have her in the back row with a rod.

DeviantBoi

Man, this event is really easy for my characters.

If I had this team a couple of weeks ago, I'd have Sephiroth now. Hopefully he'll be back soon.

Man, this event is really easy for my characters.

If I had this team a couple of weeks ago, I'd have Sephiroth now. Hopefully he'll be back soon.

Somebody on reddit made an upcoming character list based on when Japan got them that placed Sephiroth coming back in sometime around July.

toneroni

So I went to get my iPhone fixed the other day and they gave me a new one. After I restored my backup I noticed this wasn't there so I redownloaded it. Seems like it started from scratch. Should I try to restore it again? Can you manually restore apps?
Thanks in advance!

Vorpal

6F5CYFTl.png

hi my name is vorpal and I'm addicted to spellcasters

So I went to get my iPhone fixed the other day and they gave me a new one. After I restored my backup I noticed this wasn't there so I redownloaded it. Seems like it started from scratch. Should I try to restore it again? Can you manually restore apps?
Thanks in advance!

Did you upload/backup your data through the FFRK client (Menu -> Preventing Data Loss) before having your phone fixed? If so, maybe the "Load Saved Game" option on the title screen would restore your data. I haven't used it, though, so I'm not sure!

Shahed

Doing weapon daily on Hard with just Terra and Cyan is pretty good. Only the Behemoth can't be auto battled reliably all the time. But a Fira/Power Break and an additional attack kills him.

As for Mythril? When I started I spent as soon as I had enough since I needed the gear. Now that I think I'm sufficiently strong enough, I'll only use it when there's something in particular I want with a better than normal rate. I've got Terra's weapon, so not using Mythril for until the next update.

Holy smack the boss of daril's tomb (vi last elite) was freaking rough. He has an AOE stop, AOE damage, and holy spell which 1 shot kain and did 70% damage terra who probably only survived due to being a VI character with 5* VI armor that has high resistance.

I'm running out of fresh content again.

Shahed

Join us thumb-twiddlers! Lethe isn't even worth farming the way Shinra Tower or Ordeals was for summon orbs.

(I guess Celes event will be reasonably interesting)
Yeah I got a Power Orb and i was like. Where's my Summon Orb? So I just went bsck to the Aerith event. Managed to but all the Greater Summon Orbs now. Just need the Wind so I can afford Syldra. I plan on Running both Rydia and Terra going forward.

Looking forward to the challenge in the Celes event. Supposedly hard. I've got 4 Thunder Strike and 6 Thundara. Hope that's enough.

DeviantBoi

Can someone explain how to farm a boss for an item drop?

In particular, I want another whip to combine with the one I have.

I know it has something to do with turning on airplane mode or shutting down the game at a certain time.

And how do I know it's the whip that drops? Is the chest a particular color?

Thanks in advance!

Can someone explain how to farm a boss for an item drop?

In particular, I want another whip to combine with the one I have.

I know it has something to do with turning on airplane mode or shutting down the game at a certain time.

And how do I know it's the whip that drops? Is the chest a particular color?

Thanks in advance!

Get to boss, turn on airplane mode, beat boss, see what drops. Bosses drop either money, orbs, or a chest. If it's a chest, it's your rare item. Disable airplane mode, tell the Game to retry, claim your reward. If it isn't, then you save scum, only this time instead of hitting continue you hit cancel. Then you pay the stamina to try that one level again.

Just fyi, you may already knwo this but the rates differ between banners. If you really want Terra's sword or the Zantetsuken, then definitely use Terra's banner, but if you just want to maximize the odds of getting a 5* weapon, use Kain and Rydia's banner.

THATS FUCKED UP

ugh

so I can shoot for aerith's weapon

or shoot for cecil weapons or terra who is the new staple in my party

or do it all 1 at a time without the 11 pull and still probably get nothing I want

>:|

DeviantBoi

Get to boss, turn on airplane mode, beat boss, see what drops. Bosses drop either money, orbs, or a chest. If it's a chest, it's your rare item. Disable airplane mode, tell the Game to retry, claim your reward. If it isn't, then you save scum, only this time instead of hitting continue you hit cancel. Then you pay the stamina to try that one level again.
What's save scum?

What's save scum?

You force quit the game in the middle of a battle. When you reopen the game it'll ask you if you want to continue/resume from where you quit. If you want to change the drop, you say no, and then restart the battle, with the only thing you lose is stamina.

Red Mage

Showing us the abilities that need master orbs was bad enough....

How is the summoner, Whats his limit break actually do? Call a random summon from the already released pool or is there a chance Bahumut and Odin can come out to play?

He randomly uses a level 1 or 2 Summon attack.

burned up 50 mithril

got the enhancer and a 5* danjuro dagger

got some armors that were upgrades too (ff6 gold armor, nice!)

can't complain

EDIT: just looked at my actual list

that gives me 4 5* pieces, and 5 4* pieces

seeing some of you other guys... I'm okay with this.

that gives me 4 5* pieces, and 5 4* pieces

seeing some of you other guys... I'm okay with this.

I have 5, 5 stars... 3 of which are combos and I've been playing since week one, none of which are weapons... So yeah. Lucky so and so.

Vargas and the Ippoh definitely sucked... especially in elite... I remember it took about 4 tries and then additional save scumming to get it to stick.

Roto13

Today's my day. Gonna raise my sexy new weapons and grind Cyan and Terra with synergy EXP while I'm at it.

Hoollllllly shit Vargas and Ipoohs. Fuck!

Yup. Second hardest boss in the game. That dang Gale Fist. Gonna raise Terra some more and nuke those Ipoohs with a Trance Fira. :p

B.K.

There better be 100 levels for Final Fantasy XII, since there is so much XII gear. It seems like everything I get is XII or IX.

Einbroch

Banned
Spent every Mythril except four on pulls since launch. Even used 900 gems.

One five star, and a massive zero four stars.

Suffering. RNG gods why.

Many people don't even get any 5 stars with their 11 rolls and you got 3... Even if they aren't character weapons, they will make things a lot easier.

He got 4 actually, not 3. But yea, the other day he was complaining that he was going to have horrible luck and wasn't looking forward to the pull, and now he gets a godly pull and confirms his "bad luck". Some people you just can't please. :-/

The more I play the more I really don't like the gacha system in this game. It's lame as fuck that different banners have different drop rates, and that for character specific gear, pretty much the only way to get it is to do it during the appropriate banner.

I'd be ok with different banners having different drop rates as long as the drop rates of non-bannered items wasn't effectively 0. But the way it is now, it's kinda bullshit that you basically have no chance whatsoever of getting certain items unless their banner is active.

garath

The more I play the more I really don't like the gacha system in this game. It's lame as fuck that different banners have different drop rates, and that for character specific gear, pretty much the only way to get it is to do it during the appropriate banner.

I'd be ok with different banners having different drop rates as long as the drop rates of non-bannered items wasn't effectively 0. But the way it is now, it's kinda bullshit that you basically have no chance whatsoever of getting certain items unless their banner is active.

I'm pretty much in agreement. Considering I've used every single mythril through all normal content and some elite from release without a single 5*, I'm a little salty about it.

The banner system is also one of the dumber ideas I've seen in a gatcha game.

I'm not against the banners increasing the odds of ones you want... It's good to give you better odds against getting something you already have... but it is Shitty it lowers the odds of everything else to near zero.

I'm not against the banners increasing the odds of ones you want... It's good to give you better odds against getting something you already have... but it is Shitty it lowers the odds of everything else to near zero.

Yea that's the thing i don't like also. Explains why that guy spent $3000 trying to get Healing Grimoire and never got it.

Shahadan

I got the princess robe or whatever it's called. Could have been worse I guess! At least it's a 5 star armor.

So under that 4 characters banner I got 3 five star items out of 4 tries. Pretty good. I wish I had more mithril to spend

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

Two alternate interpretations:
1) The gacha is bullshit, I can't get the items I want, especially not my fav items for my fav characters, even when I spend hundreds of dollars, which I'm going to do even though I'm complaining it's bullshit, because I want to support the company / I have a good job and so I have no problem spending money on games / I really want to have the best items for my character.

2) The gacha is irrelevant, use whatever items you get, all the content so far has been quite doable without spending money, the game gives you tons of mythril, just use it as you get it, don't bother spending money, even if you win at gacha the stuff you will get will be useless a few months from now as new content causes power creep.

I feel like one of these interpretations leads to higher user satisfaction than the other.

Ashodin

You gotta just be happy with what you get, and only get real happy if the weapons actually drop. I didn't necessarily want official ball, but I got it and I'm very happy with it.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Two alternate interpretations:
1) The gacha is bullshit, I can't get the items I want, especially not my fav items for my fav characters, even when I spend hundreds of dollars, which I'm going to do even though I'm complaining it's bullshit, because I want to support the company / I have a good job and so I have no problem spending money on games / I really want to have the best items for my character.

2) The gacha is irrelevant, use whatever items you get, all the content so far has been quite doable without spending money, the game gives you tons of mythril, just use it as you get it, don't bother spending money, even if you win at gacha the stuff you will get will be useless a few months from now as new content causes power creep.

I feel like one of these interpretations leads to higher user satisfaction than the other.

#2 is exactly right. That's why I don't get the complaints over the gacha - it is 100% irrelevant to finishing any content. Other games REQUIRE certain characters in order to beat certain content, and that's when a stingy gacha is just a nightmare. Square set it up so that the gacha is really unnecessary, which is great. This is especially true in light of the synergy bonuses.

So I did another 10+1 pull for Terra's corset:

bYTccBJ.png

I'm not complaining because Sabin's limit break is amazing. I really wanted Terra's corset though, her limit break transforms her into her esper form. If I manage to get another 50 mythril before her event ends I will try one more time. If not I will save it for the next FF7 event, still don't have any FF7 limit break gear. BTW the golden week event going on is all sorts of amazing.

hmmmdonuts

Neo Member
For those playing the Japanese version, was there ever any event where the probability for getting a 5* is greater than 10%?

Also did they ever have any special sales on gems?

Thanks

For those playing the Japanese version, was there ever any event where the probability for getting a 5* is greater than 10%?

Also did they ever have any special sales on gems?

Thanks

No there hasn't been any event where the rates are higher than 10%. There haven't been any sale on mobage points but you get extra points for every batch you buy, the bonus points are in the insignificant realm. We do have a 97 points ($1) gatcha going on at the moment. Edit: I hear it's for the 1st pull only.

8AHHH1W.png

hmmmdonuts

Neo Member
No there hasn't been any event where the rates are higher than 10%. There haven't been any sale on mobage points but you get extra points for every batch you buy, the bonus points are in the insignificant realm. We do have a 97 points ($1) gatcha going on at the moment. Edit: I hear it's for the 1st pull only.

8AHHH1W.png

Thanks for the info. Do you mind elaborating about the benefits of the bonus points?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom