• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the info. Do you mind elaborating about the benefits of the bonus points?

Premium pulls in JP take mobage points, a 10+1 pull is 2910 points. So basically the 3000 points/2861 yen($24 usd) will net you 90 bonus points (75 cents). It's really a slap in the face in bonus points. If you're planning to play the JP version there's really no reason to spend actual money, they give you so much free mythril where I don't even bother with leveling/evolving 2* items. All my equipment are from the premium relic draw off of free mythril.

Marceles

I'm not against the banners increasing the odds of ones you want... It's good to give you better odds against getting something you already have... but it is Shitty it lowers the odds of everything else to near zero.

I thought I'd get at least one of them after doing the 50 mythril relic roll. Nope, seven 3 star and four 4 star. That almost depleted my desire to keep playing lol, my RNG has been terrible

hmmmdonuts

Neo Member
Premium pulls in JP take mobage points, a 10+1 pull is 2910 points. So basically the 3000 points/2861 yen($24 usd) will net you 90 bonus points (75 cents). It's really a slap in the face in bonus points. If you're planning to play the JP version there's really no reason to spend actual money, they give you so much free mythril where I don't even bother with leveling/evolving 2* items. All my equipment are from the premium relic draw off of free mythril.

Thanks again, that' very helpful.

Two alternate interpretations:
1) The gacha is bullshit, I can't get the items I want, especially not my fav items for my fav characters, even when I spend hundreds of dollars, which I'm going to do even though I'm complaining it's bullshit, because I want to support the company / I have a good job and so I have no problem spending money on games / I really want to have the best items for my character.

2) The gacha is irrelevant, use whatever items you get, all the content so far has been quite doable without spending money, the game gives you tons of mythril, just use it as you get it, don't bother spending money, even if you win at gacha the stuff you will get will be useless a few months from now as new content causes power creep.

I feel like one of these interpretations leads to higher user satisfaction than the other.

I don't feel like either interpretation leads to higher user satisfaction than the other. It might be the case that certain personality types lead to higher user satisfaction than others, but I don't think it's easy for people to choose their personality types on the fly like you're suggesting.

That being said, I think the choice of gacha algorithm is unfortunate regardless of whether you're a free player or an IAP player. No matter which one you are, even if you're casual and you think the gacha is irrelevant, it's nice to maximize the usefulness you get from it. While there is in-game help text that does say the probability of items with the same rarity will not always be equal, it doesn't say that the probability of some items will be effectively 0. This is kind of misleading at best, and somewhat shady at worst, IMO.

The .01 pulls are just absurd, what's the point. Why not have two checks run with say a 5% chance of pulling a 5 then a second check where the 5 stars are distributed across 100%. As it is now, if you don't blow everything when your weapon of choice is up, you have virtually no chance of getting it. Which of course it the point of the system, I know.

Vorpal

Yeah, I'm kind of surprised that the already low percentages for 5* gear are made even smaller by separate banners. That's the sort of decision I'd expect from a game with a heavier focus on social/competitive game mechanics. (Not that I want to see those added.)

As it is, using only one banner and adding event-specific bonuses to particular items would seem more reasonable. Or at least more straightforward. It's a bummer to see new players get excited for specific items and then not realize until after some pulls that each banner is different.

The .01 pulls are just absurd, what's the point. Why not have two checks run with say a 5% chance of pulling a 5 then a second check where the 5 stars are distributed across 100%. As it is now, if you don't blow everything when your weapon of choice is up, you have virtually no chance of getting it. Which of course it the point of the system, I know.

Math, how does it work

Shahed

Oh yeah I don't want to rely on gatcha. If I get a 5* then great, but I plan ahead assuming note. But I'd want my favourite characters weapons. I never got Tifa's weapon when it was available. It's not the low drop rate of 5*'s that annoys me more than the fact I know it'll be nigh impossible to get it unless it returns to the banner. That's why after that I saved all my Mythril for Terra's Weapon which I thankfully got, and I'm not gonna spend anymore until another favourite character of mine joins

Okay, the Goetia in Vector Streets are getting on my fracking nerves. Its good exp, but sometimes their bacteria attack procs so often it drops my rank down to Expert. What status effect are they putting on you? Disease? I tried Poisons and it didn't remove it, do I need Esuna maybe?

Shahadan

I don't know why I keep paladin Cecil. Probably because I'm scared to rely only on Aeris for healing and I don't want to use Rydia on top of that.

He's become rather useful though now that I gave him a buster sword and a tiara to boost his healing. Since he can't use curaga I guess at some point I'll give him the boot anyway

chrono01

I think I'm more-or-less done with farming the Aerith event.

I purchased:

- Aerith
- Mythril x2
- Power Staff x3
- Power Vest x3
- Minor Summon Orb x10
- Sniper Eye x2
- Lesser Summon Orb x10
- Summon Orb x10
- Lightning Orb x10
- Non-Elemental Orb x10
- Earring
- Choco Feather
- Jeweled Ring
- Peace Ring
- Greater Summon Orb x10
- Greater Lightning Orb x10
- Greater Wind Orb x10
- Greater Fire Orb x10
- Greater Growth Egg x3

I might farm a few more Greater Dark Orbs, as well as Greater Earth Orbs, but I'm not going to stress too much over it. Honestly, I'm kind of tired of the place. At least my Aerith pretty much reached maximum level farming it. She's Level 48 now. Cloud/Sephiroth/Tifa are already Level 50, so it wasn't a total loss.

BTW, I'm loving Wakka's Limit Break [with the Official Ball]. Granted, it's my first character-specific weapon, but it essentially makes me able to take out a boss in 2-3 hits.

Falk

that puzzling face
I think you might as well clean up shop of the Lessers.

Celes' hard mode reads a lot like a huge endurance test - having 8 or 10 shots of 2* abilities seems a better idea than 4 shots of 3*

chrono01

I think you might as well clean up shop of the Lessers.

Celes' hard mode reads a lot like a huge endurance test - having 8 or 10 shots of 2* abilities seems a better idea than 4 shots of 3*
Thanks for the recommendation. I'll definitely do that instead.

Red Mage

Oh yeah I don't want to rely on gatcha. If I get a 5* then great, but I plan ahead assuming note. But I'd want my favourite characters weapons. I never got Tifa's weapon when it was available. It's not the low drop rate of 5*'s that annoys me more than the fact I know it'll be nigh impossible to get it unless it returns to the banner. That's why after that I saved all my Mythril for Terra's Weapon which I thankfully got, and I'm not gonna spend anymore until another favourite character of mine joins

That's what I will probably do. However, many of my favorite characters are not even released in JP, so what's the maximum mythril you can have at a time?

Falk

that puzzling face
Close to maxing out my 200 inventory slots (e-hoarder sup) and this site is a godsend.

https://ffrk-dammitdame.herokuapp.com/

Anything that reduces the number of times I have to scroll or longpress the awful UI. I wish I could spend gems on the site. Helps figure out stats for realm synergies, etc, what you can safely sell, and so on.

(Not affiliated with it, can't comment on security etc, best to use a different email/pass for registration I guess. Common sense 101)

Bisonian

Close to maxing out my 200 inventory slots (e-hoarder sup) and this site is a godsend.

Anything that reduces the number of times I have to scroll or longpress the awful UI. I wish I could spend gems on the site. Helps figure out stats for realm synergies, etc, what you can safely sell, and so on.

(Not affiliated with it, can't comment on security etc, best to use a different email/pass for registration I guess. Common sense 101)

Two things about that site, which is actually really incredible.

As far as I've been following, almost all of the work was done by our own cpp_is_king. He's credited in the reddit thread for this site, but not on the site itself. As someone who also thinks C++ is king, thanks for the work on your excel sheet that led to this.

Secondly, if you are blindly looking at the "safe to sell" section on the Equipment Analysis page, it doesn't take into account what would happen if you were to merge and upgrade the item. You could have a 2 * item that is "safe to sell", but if you were to farm one or two more of them, it'd be very worthwhile to keep. Just keep that in mind.

I may write to the website creator and have him automatically consider ++ items that are obtainable through farming. It'd be useful.

Carry on!

Vorpal

I started with that site and then began using the Excel spreadsheet cpp put together. I think the website is handy for general inventory management, but the spreadsheet is way more robust regarding your optimal gear for a realm, your gear with the most potential, your gear with the least potential, and how pretty much everything in your inventory stacks up.

Even if there is gear in your inventory that's not on the spreadsheet (ie Zantetsuken), it's really easy to add a new item. (This is coming from someone who is generally an idiot with fancy Excel stuff.) Definitely worth checking out

Celes, Lenna then Squall. The next few event characters are pretty sweet. (That is, if we stay in line with Japan.)

I'll be happy to have some more capable Spellblade users.

It's gotten to the point where 100 item slots just isn't enough, but spending Mythril on getting more feels dirty. :/
dirtier than spending on gacha? Just do what I do and spend any remaining mythril not enough for a draw at the end of each event (example, 3 left over, buy 3 sets of slots)

dirtier than spending on gacha? Just do what I do and spend any remaining mythril not enough for a draw at the end of each event (example, 3 left over, buy 3 sets of slots)
I've been saving all my Mythril for 11 pulls, so it doesn't feel right to me to use it for anything else. But 100 slots isn't cutting it, so I'll have to cave eventually.

Pushed a major update to my spreadsheet a few minutes ago. I posted it on reddit, but a quick summary of changes:

• Added Terra and Tyro
  • Added Zantetsuken and Enhancer to the item database.
  • Added support for item disambiguation for items with the same name but different synergy realm
  • Fixed the stats of various items in the database.
  • Smart optimization of stats based on user (e.g. Rydia prefers MAG over ATK)
  • Added knowledge of equipment slots (weapon, armor), so that the spreadsheet can display your best weapons and best armor independently.
  • Added more entries to the inventory list (73 now, up from 35)
  • Various other tweaks and improvements.

Feel free to post feedback here or in the reddit thread.

h56J8Ax.gif

Awaiting the Queen's arrival.
It's gonna be a long wait.

Pls

One True Queen

Literally
She's pretty cool too. I guess we'll see if they even expand to spin-off games.

I already know Quistis is in the game, and she's the one I'm most looking forward to for the ladies. Though if I could choose any FF female character as a favorite it would be Lulu.

Shahed

Well I've already got Tifa and Terra so I've got the main two female characters I wanted already. If I had to pick one more, it'd be Agrias, but I don't expect FF Tactics to make it in here. I suppose Celes, Freya and Ashe would be nice, but I'm not too bothered about my core team anymore

Auron and Balthier I want most from the male characters

Falk

that puzzling face
but I don't expect FF Tactics to make it in here.

If the game is super successful (and it is) sooner or later it's going to run out of content from the main games. X-2, After Years, Crisis Core, XIII-2, Lightning Returns, Revenant Wings, FFT, FFTA, FFTA2, Type-0, heck XI and XIV with important NPCs rather than player characters, and XV virtually doubles the number of worlds. I don't see them not milking the cow when the time comes.

no I don't have any insider info here

SunGod

I'm (almost) ready for the Celes event. I know you get a Ninja Gear for free during it but I wanted to have them all ready beforehand.

NbJoainl.jpg

Annoyingly it seems the website which reported that the event is very difficult didn't take into account that the Japanese version of the game didn't have record synergy at the time it was released, so it's probably not going to be as bad as first expected for us. I've probably overdone it now!

I also managed to create a Chopper++ (4* FF12) from some free daily draws, so that's nice.

Keh2AEzl.png

Althane

Spent 3 mythril on expanding box space. The extra 15 spaces feel niiiiiiiice.

Probably need to farm up equips for the next event, looking on getting enough mythril on Elites to push myself up to get my 11 draws (that's 10 more mythril, more than enough elites remain).

Once I get the 11 draws, though, I'll probably hold onto them until I can't anymore, and then roll all 3*'s. Thems the breaks. =\

duckroll

Cleared the Terra event completely today. Gonna make one more boooooooooring run on Aerith Normal to get more shards before dumping them all on the most expensive stuff. Probably summon orbs, I dunno. I just want Dr Mog to go away...

Shahed

Wait Celes event was only hard for Japan because there was no record synergy? Damn. If that is truly the case, then I don't expect much of a challenge. Compared to other worlds, i'm loaded with FFVI gear. Several combined and native 4*/5*weapons ane armour.

reKon

Banned
I have 35k of those shards from the aeris event today... I'll probably get to 40k and then go ham.

Did someone say to not spend anything on summon orbs?

Falk

that puzzling face
I'm (almost) ready for the Celes event. I know you get a Ninja Gear for free during it but I wanted to have them all ready beforehand.

Holy SHIT it's Hironobu Sakaguchi!

Sakaguchi-san what do you think about this game? Does it live up to the legacy of the series you created?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I have 35k of those shards from the aeris event today... I'll probably get to 40k and then go ham.

Did someone say to not spend anything on summon orbs?
May the gods have mercy on your soul when you go to spend that many shards at once in that lousy coded shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom