• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EGM92

So I'm trying to do FFV North Mountains Elite and holy crap I keep getting destroyed. Magissa is easy enough silence her and she's useless, but Forza hits like a truck and destroys my strongest characters. I can put him to sleep and take care of Magissa but as soon as I start hitting him he just destroys my party. This is the team I'm going into battle with:

2015-04-29%2016.47.59.png

Suggestions?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I've been leveling up with Cyan and Terra like crazy on Vector level 2. 7,000xp for 6 stamina is pretty good (outside of the hard Sunday dungeon) and they get the XP bonus for being FF VI characters. So each run is about 5,250xp each which is nice since they're the only two in my party. Currently they're both around lvl 35.

I really want to get them high level / maxed before the Celes event which is rumored to be much more difficult.

SunGod

Probably farming Mythril Claws for the coming Celes event. I still have a good amount of story missions to do though, not sure I'll finish them before the Celes event starts.

I think I'll do the same actually, they could be useful.

Suggestions?

Blind is the way to go!

I really want to get them high level / maxed before the Celes event which is rumored to be much more difficult.

Those rumours failed to take into account that we have access to record synergy whereas Japanese players didn't when they got the event. Not that I'm saying it'll be easy, but just something to keep in mind.

Falk

that puzzling face
Man

2 shots of Bladeblitz
2 shots of Quake
1 shot of Syldra
1 shot of Shiva

farming is pretty painless now. :V

I also have 1 shot of Ifrit I could chuck on Terra I guess.

wait

oh.

Red Mage

Man

2 shots of Bladeblitz
2 shots of Quake
1 shot of Syldra
1 shot of Shiva

farming is pretty painless now. :V

I also have 1 shot of Ifrit I could chuck on Terra I guess.

wait

oh.

Yeah, she can't summon 'cause... reasons?

Falk

that puzzling face
Yea it's a little bizarre.

I mean I understand cutting down on ability affinities vs the base games that let everyone do pretty much anything.

She still makes the most sense out of the entire FF6 cast to be able to summon though.

Mxrz

North Mountain V is by far the hardest elite. Comes down to getting lucky with Silence, Sleep and Poison. The rest of the elites have been a push over in comparison. Done with everything now. Not sure I'll bother grinding orbs until they're needed. Maybe find a good elite to auto-battle for orbs/xp every so often.

Can you brute force yourself through the elite dungeons with high-level characters? I mean, without having to worry about any sort of synergy?

Also, is the difficulty on the dungeons an indication of what level your characters should be to tackle it?

Nope. Synergy equip matters much more than levels. Level 50 Sephiroth with a 4* FF9 weapon does less damage than a level 33 Cyan with a 3* FF6 sword in a FF6 elite.

I would really love if they updated this app with a stamina glance for the Apple Watch.

Android needs a stamina widget before ios gets any more toys!

The trick to north mountain is dps... your group is all pretty much tanks and a sub par tank-healer hybrid. Get a good spell caster and a real healer. Auto attack magissa till she summons Forza, then blast that mofo with everything you got, save nothing for magissa but left overs. Power break is your friend, armor break is great. Comet is OP as hell.

reKon

Banned
North Mountain V is by far the hardest elite. Comes down to getting lucky with Silence, Sleep and Poison. The rest of the elites have been a push over in comparison. Done with everything now. Not sure I'll bother grinding orbs until they're needed. Maybe find a good elite to auto-battle for orbs/xp every so often.

Nope. Synergy equip matters much more than levels. Level 50 Sephiroth with a 4* FF9 weapon does less damage than a level 33 Cyan with a 3* FF6 sword in a FF6 elite.

Which is fucking stupid. I don't mind stat boosts from synergized weapons, but this is way higher than it needs to be. I think they should nerf the synergy boosts significantly on weapons and keep the difficulty the same on elite dungeons. We have tons of people here saying that the elite dungeons are too easy now.

lyrick

Which is fucking stupid. I don't mind stat boosts from synergized weapons, but this is way higher than it needs to be. I think they should nerf the synergy boosts significantly on weapons and keep the difficulty the same on elite dungeons. We have tons of people here saying that the elite dungeons are too easy now.

no.

Not all of us get excellent gatcha drops... we actually depend on record synergy to get through many levels.

Shahadan

No it's not fucking stupid. It allows you to use characters you haven't leveled yet or are weaker, it allows you to attempt a dungeon even if you're not fully equiped with items you could never even get, and using newer characters as they get added is not a fucking chore.

This system is the single great thing about this game.

The elite dungeons are too easy because they're too easy. Not because synergy weapons are too overpowered. The hardest content in the game is *supposed* to be hard. Not everyone is supposed to be able to beat it. It's supposed to require all the stars and planets to line up correctly. Your abilities honed enough times, your levels high enough, your characters with matching synergy, your equipment with matching synergy.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
No it's not fucking stupid. It allows you to use characters you haven't leveled yet or are weaker, it allows you to attempt a dungeon even if you're not fully equiped with items you could never even get, and using newer characters as they get added is not a fucking chore.

This system is the single great thing about this game.

Pretty much, but people will complain about nearly anything.

GAMERG0D

I have aerith in my party when fighting Forza and her soul break usually casts Stop on him a good while. Couple that with blind when he's not stopped anymore he's fairly easy.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Mastered Figaro Castle Elite and I'm currently making my way through Mt. Koults, the trash mobs on the harder FFVII elites do not fuck around.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Am I the only one still doing the last event? I feel like I should get as many orbs as possible...

Roto13

Hey, second set of Venom Claws (3 stars) from the free daily pull. That's not bad at all.

Mastered Figaro Castle Elite and I'm currently making my way through Mt. Koults, the trash mobs on the harder FFVII elites do not fuck around.

Mt. Kolts is the second hardest Elite right now.

Am I the only one still doing the last event? I feel like I should get as many orbs as possible...

I keep telling myself I should be, but I really don't want to do those same few enemies over and over and over again any more. I'm sick of it. :p

So, I literally just started this game last night. Another guy on here was telling me that Aerith is one of the best healers in the game, so I should definitely try to pick her up. That being said, I tried the Medium battle and got destroyed. I've gotten stronger since then, but is it even feasible for me to beat that dungeon before the event is over? If not, then I guess I'll just grind the Easy part instead.

The Aerith event ends in a few hours, so I'm going to get the last few Greater Orbs from it. Though you've got a couple more days to spend your Magicite.

Bring on the next event.

Got my 1st 5* weapon from a draw and it's a Danjuro.

Seems to be pretty versatile in who can use it, but it cost a fortune to level up and it's stats aren't even that great. Disappointing, especially since there's no FF12 levels to use it on.

StMeph

Got my 1st 5* weapon from a draw and it's a Danjuro.

Seems to be pretty versatile in who can use it, but it cost a fortune to level up and it's stats aren't even that great. Disappointing, especially since there's no FF12 levels to use it on.

What? It's the strongest non-synergy non-unique weapon in the game right now. And it's a dagger, so pretty much anyone can use it. Sure, a 3*++ beats it with synergy, but do you have enough 3*++ synergy weapons for every party member in every record?

johnsmith

remember me
So, I literally just started this game last night. Another guy on here was telling me that Aerith is one of the best healers in the game, so I should definitely try to pick her up. That being said, I tried the Medium battle and got destroyed. I've gotten stronger since then, but is it even feasible for me to beat that dungeon before the event is over? If not, then I guess I'll just grind the Easy part instead.

If you manage your stamina shard acquisition from the easier story levels so you don't waste any stamina you should be able to grab her still. You get tons of stamina refills when you first start playing, and most of it gets wasted if you rush through the levels.

Ashodin

What? It's the strongest non-synergy non-unique weapon in the game right now. And it's a dagger, so pretty much anyone can use it. Sure, a 3*++ beats it with synergy, but do you have enough 3*++ synergy weapons for every party member in every record?

I'm actually very close to this.

Nohar

By the way, any chance they will release some old events again at one point, or are Cecil (DRK and PLD), Tifa and Sephiroth lost forever to me?

By the way, any chance they will release some old events again at one point, or are Cecil (DRK and PLD), Tifa and Sephiroth lost forever to me?

They'll be back. Expected in June or July based on the JP timeline.

Edit: Also, is it just me or does Aerith level up way quicker than everyone else? I already got her to level 50, and I don't think I've ever used a gem or mythril for a stamina refill.

Nohar

They'll be back. Expected in June or July based on the JP timeline.

Edit: Also, is it just me or does Aerith level up way quicker than everyone else? I already got her to level 50, and I don't think I've ever used a gem or mythril for a stamina refill.

Thank you for your quick answer!

Vorpal

Will there be anything worthwhile for those that didn't miss that characters the first time?

That's a good question. If the Aerith event repeats, I wonder if all of the stock would replenish or if I'd still see something like 3x Greater Wind Orbs remaining

Unrelated question: Do the requirements for honing abilities ever cross from one rank of orb to another? Like, if I want to raise Double Cut to Rank 5, will I need both Lesser Power/Wind Orbs and regular Power/Wind Orbs? Or just a truckload of Lessers?

Been farming her event?

Not really. I got a lot of lesser orbs, and a few regular orbs and greater orbs, but I don't think I spent more than 30k total of Magicite on anything. I did feed her all the greater and regular growth eggs I got from the event, but I still didn't expect her to be 50 so soon. I just barely hit 50 with Cloud and I've been using him every day since the beginning of the game.

interesting, she hit 50 in a flash for me too, but I put it down to grinding maguicite. Hmm.

Also, on your new spreadsheet....where is Terra? am i being blind?

interesting, she hit 50 in a flash for me too, but I put it down to grinding maguicite. Hmm.

Also, on your new spreadsheet....where is Terra? am i being blind?

Does it say 0.5 beta on the About page? If not you need to get the newest version. If you do have version 0.5, you might have to scroll a little to the right because the number of characters is getting large. I plan to fix that by transposing the table so the character list is on the left and the list of FF synergies is on the top, but that's surprisingly difficult.

Ashodin

The spreadsheet is ok (super hard to read) but I wish the website that guy made was updated to work like it. It's helped me eliminate some gear so I can have space sure, but it could use some work.

The spreadsheet is ok (super hard to read) but I wish the website that guy made was updated to work like it. It's helped me eliminate some gear so I can have space sure, but it could use some work.

Would help to know more specifics :) I already have a few ideas of my own, but ultimately I can't fix specific issues people have with it if I don't know what they are.

I have some ideas about how to bring the spreadsheet to mobile, but it's more work than can be done in a day or two, so it'll be some time (probably a few months)

Ashodin

Would help to know more specifics :) I already have a few ideas of my own, but ultimately I can't fix specific issues people have with it if I don't know what they are.

I have some ideas about how to bring the spreadsheet to mobile, but it's more work than can be done in a day or two, so it'll be some time (probably a few months)

I'm not sure it's something you could improve without making it an actual program.

Tobinishi

Pulled my first 5* and it's the regal gown. Was hoping for some character specific gear but a 5* is a 5*.

Anyway, I would love the feature to trade weapons with other players but that won't come even in the future...

Pejo

Man whoever called those little laser robots "Rydia Snipers" in Aerith's event is dead freaking on. I wanted to get my mythril before the event ends, so I tried powering my way through hard mode for the event. I made it to the level right before the boss, round 3/3, and who did I face? The damn thing used laser cannon on Rydia for 1900dmg and ended my mastery streak. Ah well, don't need mastery for the mythril I guess. Still.. F those things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom