• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noi

Gravity makes Kimahri speak no more.

If you look in the wiki, pretty much every boss that isn't immune to KO / Doom can be hit with gravity.

garath

Sigh.

Exploit the Humbaba's weakness to poison.

Takes poison ability. No effect.

Look up on internet. Oh. Use Bio.......... Sure. Exploit poison but poison does nothing. I see.

Falk

that puzzling face
From my understanding, you don't turn them in so much as collect them. Once you hit X number of Crystals, you unlock the next reward.

Well, that doesn't sound so bad then!

I was told there's ways to game hard mode to get a min-max number of crystals.

Vorpal

I'm trying to farm the daily but I think my party keeps making a wrong turn and raiding the Lesser Mana Stronghold cause god damn

Meier

Sigh.

Exploit the Humbaba's weakness to poison.

Takes poison ability. No effect.

Look up on internet. Oh. Use Bio.......... Sure. Exploit poison but poison does nothing. I see.

Lucky you. I didn't look it up and bought Poison Strike as well after Poison didn't work and it also does nothing. I think Wakka is like the only person who can even equip it just about and I've not used him in ages. Stupid.

Falk

that puzzling face
Yeh, the game definitely could differenciate element from debuffs in those star objectives. Trying to land Dark Attack and having it not fulfill the "dark" objective for example.

Think we'll get more free mythril if we bitch about it? lol

Bladelaw

Whats the recommended levels for doing Gil Grasslands or Mana Stronghold on hard?
I'm 30-33 and getting my ass kicked despite 3-4* gear on everyone.

Falk

that puzzling face
Mana Stronghold is a toughie considering there wasn't much in the form of II synergy gear unless you gacha stuff or farm 1* Mythril Knives (which ultimately kinda suck too, just a little less)

The mobs have ~1400hp?* If all else fails farming the first stage for 10 stamina over and over by blowing all abilities should suffice. The completion reward outsde of first time and mastery blows, anyway.

*edit: the blue ogre things have ~1700

TEJ

Holy shit, is that the real Hironobu Sakaguchi? If you don't mind me asking, do you ever have plans to make a Lost Odyssey sequel? Game was awesome.

To be on topic, tried this game and i'm surprised at how much I am enjoying it.

Are you suggesting a team of 2? With just Terra and Cyan?

Yes. If both have armor synergy and Terra weapon synergy, you can get through fairly easily. Not when they are below level 20/I would imagine, but power leveling their to get them to the thirties is easy with just two. I'm tempted to try it on elite now that I have themaround 40

Saerk

Pushed a major update to my spreadsheet a few minutes ago. I posted it on reddit, but a quick summary of changes:

• Added Terra and Tyro
  • Added Zantetsuken and Enhancer to the item database.
  • Added support for item disambiguation for items with the same name but different synergy realm
  • Fixed the stats of various items in the database.
  • Smart optimization of stats based on user (e.g. Rydia prefers MAG over ATK)
  • Added knowledge of equipment slots (weapon, armor), so that the spreadsheet can display your best weapons and best armor independently.
  • Added more entries to the inventory list (73 now, up from 35)
  • Various other tweaks and improvements.

Feel free to post feedback here or in the reddit thread.

This is a really nice spreadsheet.

DeviantBoi

Can you brute force yourself through the elite dungeons with high-level characters? I mean, without having to worry about any sort of synergy?

Also, is the difficulty on the dungeons an indication of what level your characters should be to tackle it?

Falk

that puzzling face
Character synergy, yeah you probably could get away with it. It's just a 10 level advantage when you use characters from a given realm.

Item synergy, on the other hand, is pretty absurd. A fully combined/upgraded 1*++ with record synergy can out-stat 4* items with no synergy.

SunGod

Mana Stronghold is a toughie considering there wasn't much in the form of II synergy gear unless you gacha stuff or farm 1* Mythril Knives (which ultimately kinda suck too, just a little less)

They're 2*, so they're not too bad!

Holy shit, is that the real Hironobu Sakaguchi? If you don't mind me asking, do you ever have plans to make a Lost Odyssey sequel? Game was awesome.

No, we're busy with the new Terra Battle content at the moment. After 100,000 more people download the game we're designing a console Terra Battle experience so please download it now if you haven't already, thanks.

On topic... what is everyone doing once the Aerith event ends and they have Celes and have completed all the story dungeons?

garath

No, we're busy with the new Terra Battle content at the moment. After 100,000 more people download the game we're designing a console Terra Battle experience so please download it now if you haven't already, thanks.

On topic... what is everyone doing once the Aerith event ends and they have Celes and have completed all the story dungeons?

Grinding more elites. If I manage to finish all the elites, I'll be putting the game down until next event. :)

Bladelaw

Clearing out Elite Dungeons for Mythril. After that who knows? Work on a B or C team probably.

Can someone with experience with the Japanese version and the order in which they rolled out events over there, give me an idea of how far away we are from getting Golbez and Zack? Pretty much the only characters left that I have interest in.

TEJ

I already did, enjoyed my time with it :)

reKon

Banned
Whats the recommended levels for doing Gil Grasslands or Mana Stronghold on hard?
I'm 30-33 and getting my ass kicked despite 3-4* gear on everyone.

having a ton of a Ra spells. Most a lot of them will 1 hit kill them. For your high atk people's, having double cut ability is mandatory

SunGod

Grinding more elites. If I manage to finish all the elites, I'll be putting the game down until next event. :)

Clearing out Elite Dungeons for Mythril. After that who knows? Work on a B or C team probably.

Oops sorry when I said clear all story dungeons I meant classic and elite

Celes is out? I have Terra and Aerith, but I haven't seen Celes' event hit the US version yet...

Oops sorry I meant Terra, not Celes!

I already did, enjoyed my time with it :)

Yay!

Doing dailes and building up my C Team (Terra, tyro, josef, Cyan), waiting for more content hehe. Though I still have plenty of Elites to be on with.

Off topic, I freaking love your games. A big part of my gaming life *bow*

Ludist210

Oops sorry I meant Terra, not Celes!
Ah okay. I'm still working through some of the Elite dungeons (I've cleared all of I, II, VII, X, and most of IV). I need to get some better physical abilities before I conquer the rest, and beef up Cyan and Terra.

Shahed

All I'd be doing next is to get people to 50 and maybe then farm wherever I can for 3* Orbs. Josef is 25, the Cecils, Wakka, Tidus, Terra and Cyan are high 30's. Kain is 45 and the FFVII characters are 48-49

SunGod

Doing dailes and building up my C Team (Terra, tyro, josef, Cyan), waiting for more content hehe. Though I still have plenty of Elites to be on with.

Off topic, I freaking love your games. A big part of my gaming life *bow*

I think they're awesome too.

I'm not actually Sakaguchi-san

Xetherion

Probably farming Mythril Claws for the coming Celes event. I still have a good amount of story missions to do though, not sure I'll finish them before the Celes event starts.

chri5t

Just did a single roll and got a Genji Helm.

PXfbrPLl.jpg

Now Cloud is pretty much unkillable, and I gave his old Genji Shield to Terra. The only person missing a 5* is Tifa. I really want her gloves. :(

EDIT: Just did another roll and got another Genji Helm.....

Now what?! Do I combine them or give it to somebody else?

XJF

Is there any way to blind besides Dark Attack/Buster? About to the Magissa/Forza fight.

I've found the base black magic version of every other status, but not Blind. Wanna make sure I'm not overlooking it.

Red Mage

Just did a single roll and got a Genji Helm.

PXfbrPLl.jpg

Now Cloud is pretty much unkillable, and I gave his old Genji Shield to Terra. The only person missing a 5* is Tifa. I really want her gloves. :(

EDIT: Just did another roll and got another Genji Helm.....

Now what?! Do I combine them or give it to somebody else?

...I don't think I like you. ;_;

Pejo

I really regret not saving my mythril for the 10+1 pulls. I also was under the false assumption that the daily mythril rewards would reset each week, and I quickly found out that it isn't the case. So after you're caught up on all the dungeons and elites, is there no way to get mythril between events?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom