• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noi

Can someone with experience with the Japanese version and the order in which they rolled out events over there, give me an idea of how far away we are from getting Golbez and Zack? Pretty much the only characters left that I have interest in.

Late reply, but we're still a ways off. Seven challenge dungeons away from the Cecil reprint, then 11/12 away from Golbez and Zack, without counting any other dungeon types slipped in between those.

Late reply, but we're still a ways off. Seven challenge dungeons away from the Cecil reprint, then 11/12 away from Golbez and Zack, without counting any other dungeon types slipped in between those.

I figured they were a long ways off, but still wanted a rough timeframe/order. Thanks, I really appreciate the info!

I just need 1 more solid 5* weapon and 1 more solid 5* armor and I am decked out in 5* gear.

I got danjoro (5* dagger)
blood lancet (kain's 5* spear)
judgement staff (mind focused staff)
guard stick (which is actually a rod, aeris)
2 gowns (high resist)
1 genji armor (high armor)
1 genji helm (bonus attack)

So I just need like 1 solid 5* melee weapon, I would prefer. And 1 more armor...

BTW, never spent a dime on the game. I never even held out once for a 50 mithril gacha purchase.

Teiran

^ I don't really know what to say to that, except that I've pulled 10+1 from the Enhancer banner three times and been "rewarded" with six 4* and twenty-seven 3*. Each pull has been progressively worse.

I've scraped up enough mythril for another 10+1, and it's destined to be spent in the same way, but I'm pretty sure I already know how it's going to turn out.

^ I don't really know what to say to that, except that I've pulled 10+1 from the Enhancer banner three times and been "rewarded" with six 4* and twenty-seven 3*. Each pull has been progressively worse.

I've scraped up enough mythril for another 10+1, and it's destined to be spent in the same way, but I'm pretty sure I already know how it's going to turn out.

It sounds like I have been unusually lucky in this game. But in hearthstone lately I have been on a "never lucky" streak often haha

Ashodin

I just need 1 more solid 5* weapon and 1 more solid 5* armor and I am decked out in 5* gear.

2 gowns (high resist)

So I just need like 1 solid 5* melee weapon, I would prefer. And 1 more armor...

BTW, never spent a dime on the game. I never even held out once for a 50 mithril gacha purchase.

yessssssss

rhino4evr

I haven't gotten a 5 star ever...and my last pull was a crummy 3 star bangle.

All the 4 star weapons I've pulled have been daggers . Which is good since anyone can use them. I've also pulled a ton of armor 3 and 4 star

Falk

that puzzling face
Man whoever called those little laser robots "Rydia Snipers" in Aerith's event is dead freaking on. I wanted to get my mythril before the event ends, so I tried powering my way through hard mode for the event. I made it to the level right before the boss, round 3/3, and who did I face? The damn thing used laser cannon on Rydia for 1900dmg and ended my mastery streak. Ah well, don't need mastery for the mythril I guess. Still.. F those things.

For future reference just savescum shit like that

N O R E G E R T S

DeviantBoi

I'm 12 mythril from an 11 pull. Hopefully I can make it before May 2.

I still have some story missions and a bunch of elite dungeons that I can do.

2 gowns (high resist)

I'm not going to say fuck you, but I'm going to think it really hard.

Zero 5 star weapons... Only 2 massive 4 star weapons pulled. Kain has a 4 star axe that's completely owning.

You know, at least the Aerith store has good music.

Gives me the feels.
It was my ringtone on my old Nokia in high school.

Man whoever called those little laser robots "Rydia Snipers" in Aerith's event is dead freaking on. I wanted to get my mythril before the event ends, so I tried powering my way through hard mode for the event. I made it to the level right before the boss, round 3/3, and who did I face? The damn thing used laser cannon on Rydia for 1900dmg and ended my mastery streak. Ah well, don't need mastery for the mythril I guess. Still.. F those things.

Why not just reset the fight?
Although, as you said it doesn't really matter.

EGM92

I DID IT! I FINALLY DID IT! I have finished all Elites and Mastered them! How often are we supposed to get new content?

New events every week, new dungeons every month, it sounds like.

MR6WKOK.gif

Falk

that puzzling face
In a way, yes.

For the sake of avoiding confusion, I'm using the terminology:

Dungeon - the painting you choose
Stage - sections within the dungeon that individually cost an amount of stamina
Rounds - waves of enemies within a particular stage.

In normal use, you'd do an entire dungeon, get loot from the boss, then be kicked back out. If you want another shot at the boss' loot table you need to redo the entire dungeon.

With the caveats that:
- It appears loot is determined when you start a round or stage (irrelevant as per later point)
- You can disconnect from the internet (i.e. airplane mode) on the last round of a stage and the game won't throw a fit, and yet still see what the boss drops

You do exactly that (airplane mode on the last round) and see if
a) the boss drops what you want. If it is, (Black Cowl, etc) you reconnect by disabling airplane mode and let the server process the fact that you did defeat the boss.
OR
b) the boss does NOT drop the loot you want. Close the app before disabling airplane mode, restart, do NOT select continue (since the loot is the same) and just redo the entire stage for its stamina cost to reroll loot.

Repeat b) till you get the drop you want.

Essentially it cuts rolling the boss' loot table from a dungeon's entire stamina cost to the cost of that single stage.

I got the Aerith! Couldn't actually beat the Normal boss Reno, so I just farmed the other Normal stages over and over. Made it to 3,000 with just a bit to spare.

Small thing, I know, but I'm pretty happy about it.

Falk

that puzzling face
The most efficient use of stamina is supposed to be Humbaba in Mobliz. But I personally have never had luck with him dropping any.

From personal experience Humbaba hovers at around 1/3 drop rate. Sample size is rather small though. (~20 runs)

Roto13

The most efficient use of stamina is supposed to be Humbaba in Mobliz. But I personally have never had luck with him dropping any.

From personal experience Humbaba hovers at around 1/3 drop rate. Sample size is rather small though. (~20 runs)

Just as well. Trying to raise Cyan and Terra anyway. Two birds with one stone.

Is this Elite Humbaba only or does he drop them on Classic too?

I got the Aerith! Couldn't actually beat the Normal boss Reno, so I just farmed the other Normal stages over and over. Made it to 3,000 with just a bit to spare.

Small thing, I know, but I'm pretty happy about it.

Right on. Right now, she's the only good dedicated healer besides White Mage.

Falk

that puzzling face
Just as well. Trying to raise Cyan and Terra anyway. Two birds with one stone.

Is this Elite Humbaba only or does he drop them on Classic too?

As far as I'm aware only Elite bosses on the higher ranking/numerical value paintings drop 4* orbs right now.

Been having an amazing day on the orb daily today. Gotten over 15 Power Orbs, and so far I've created Gravity, and honed Curaga to lv. 3, Blizzaga to lv. 2, Double Cut to lv. 3, and enough to hone Curaga to lv. 4 once Holy Orb day comes again and enough to buy Dark Buster when i get 2 more of something (can't remember which one though)

Negator

I'm just hoarding all my orbs until I need them. I suppose honing Blizzard Strike and Blizzaga would be good for -that- boss when it is released.

EGM92

In a way, yes.

For the sake of avoiding confusion, I'm using the terminology:

Dungeon - the painting you choose
Stage - sections within the dungeon that individually cost an amount of stamina
Rounds - waves of enemies within a particular stage.

In normal use, you'd do an entire dungeon, get loot from the boss, then be kicked back out. If you want another shot at the boss' loot table you need to redo the entire dungeon.

With the caveats that:
- It appears loot is determined when you start a round or stage (irrelevant as per later point)
- You can disconnect from the internet (i.e. airplane mode) on the last round of a stage and the game won't throw a fit, and yet still see what the boss drops

You do exactly that (airplane mode on the last round) and see if
a) the boss drops what you want. If it is, (Black Cowl, etc) you reconnect by disabling airplane mode and let the server process the fact that you did defeat the boss.
OR
b) the boss does NOT drop the loot you want. Close the app before disabling airplane mode, restart, do NOT select continue (since the loot is the same) and just redo the entire stage for its stamina cost to reroll loot.

Repeat b) till you get the drop you want.

Essentially it cuts rolling the boss' loot table from a dungeon's entire stamina cost to the cost of that single stage.

Awesome thanks.

Updated my spreadsheet to v0.5 (not beta). Mostly bug fixes, but I added a nice little feature which basically means "Pretend everything in my inventory is fully ugpraded and ++'ed, and compute all of the scores based on that assumption". This helps you figure out if you should hold onto an item in hopes of getting future combines, or if the item is truly worthless in every way. Link again

Going forward I'm going to divide my time between continuing to work on the spreadsheet, and making something that is more convenient to use from the device you actually play the game on.

Xetherion

Got enough mythril for another 11 pull, went to 4 person banner again because Wakka's ball or Buster Sword would both be really nice to have.

Official Ball get! Also got a Judgement Staff, Moonring Blade, Diamond Sword, and a Giant's Axe, as well as another Platinum Sword so I can make a Platinum Sword+ now.

I am never pulling from anything but 4 person banners, this one has been so good to me.

Edit: just checked the Judgement Staff, even at level 1 it's got better stats than the Light Staff at lvl 15! Crazy

Xetherion

Updated my spreadsheet to v0.5 (not beta). Mostly bug fixes, but I added a nice little feature which basically means "Pretend everything in my inventory is fully ugpraded and ++'ed, and compute all of the scores based on that assumption". This helps you figure out if you should hold onto an item in hopes of getting future combines, or if the item is truly worthless in every way. Link again

Going forward I'm going to divide my time between continuing to work on the spreadsheet, and making something that is more convenient to use from the device you actually play the game on.

I tried the new version, but the formula calculations seem to be broken, everything just says "#VALUE!". Also the "stat to optimize" box is missing.

Btw, i don't remember if i said this before, but thank you for this spreadsheet! It's awesome (the old version)

Roto13

Got enough mythril for another 11 pull, went to 4 person banner again because Wakka's ball or Buster Sword would both be really nice to have.

Official Ball get! Also got a Judgement Staff, Moonring Blade, Diamond Sword, and a Giant's Axe, as well as another Platinum Sword so I can make a Platinum Sword+ now.

I am never pulling from anything but 4 person banners, this one has been so good to me.

Edit: just checked the Judgement Staff, even at level 1 it's got better stats than the Light Staff at lvl 15! Crazy

Yup. Judgement Staff is legit. Was my first 5* pull and I haven't stopped using it.

I tried the new version, but the formula calculations seem to be broken, everything just says "#VALUE!". Also the "stat to optimize" box is missing.

Btw, i don't remember if i said this before, but thank you for this spreadsheet! It's awesome (the old version)

Did it say that immediately upon opening it, or only after you entered some values? If you entered some values first, can you tell me what you did to make it happen? Because it seems to work fine for me.

Edit: Also, I just copied the sheet over to the dropbox location again, just to make sure a bad version didn't get uploaded. Maybe you can try downloading again.

Xetherion

Did it say that immediately upon opening it, or only after you entered some values? If you entered some values first, can you tell me what you did to make it happen? Because it seems to work fine for me.

Edit: Also, I just copied the sheet over to the dropbox location again, just to make sure a bad version didn't get uploaded. Maybe you can try downloading again.

It said it immediately on opening. I'll check the download again.

Edit: tried it again, still the same. I'm using OpenOffice if that matters. Works with the old version though.

Yay! I have enough stamina that I can wait till my breaks and not waste any!

Boo, I have so much stamina I can't drain it quickly enough on dailies during my 15 minute break.

Sigh, once more into the auto battle breach on the clock, hoping my bosses don't notice.

It said it immediately on opening. I'll check the download again.

Edit: tried it again, still the same. I'm using OpenOffice if that matters. Works with the old version though.

Hmm.. That's pretty strange, I didn't really change anything significant that would break OpenOffice. I have OpenOffice installed at work, so I'll check it tomorrow. If you're knowledgeable with Excel you can try to diagnose it and let me know what you find. Otherwise I'll take a look tomorrow.

Edit: Also a screenshot might help.

Xetherion

Hmm.. That's pretty strange, I didn't really change anything significant that would break OpenOffice. I have OpenOffice installed at work, so I'll check it tomorrow. If you're knowledgeable with Excel you can try to diagnose it and let me know what you find. Otherwise I'll take a look tomorrow.

Edit: Also a screenshot might help.

I'm not knowledgeable with Excel unfortunately. Here's a screenshot of what I get when I open the new version: http://i.imgur.com/SabtErn.png

I'm not knowledgeable with Excel unfortunately. Here's a screenshot of what I get when I open the new version: http://i.imgur.com/SabtErn.png

Ahh well, I'll have a look tomorrow. Sorry about that! You could *try* selecting the rectangle from A15 through B56 and hitting delete. This would leave only Genji Armor in the table. I'm guessing there's 1 item that's screwing everything else up. If that works then you could hit Ctrl+Z and try to narrow down which item it is by deleting things 1 by 1. That's probably more effort than y ou're willing to spend though, so I'll have a look tomorrow otherwise.

It's weird that it would happen in Open Office but not Excel though.

Vilifier

Neo Member
Saved up my mythrils and did my first 11 pull the other day. Ended up with Danjuro plus a bunch of weapons, highlights being mage masher and duplicate sage's staffs I received.

Tried another 11 pull just now and got a Danjuro again, and some armor items that look really useful including the Hypno Crown, Crystal Armor and Golden Armor.

Feels good to delete some of the old armor, and now I just need to upgrade the new stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom