• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy y'all! Really been enjoying this game and just thought I'd drop in and ramble for a bit.

So far, the only character I've missed is Sephiroth, sadly. I wasn't hooked yet when I ran into the boss that required ranged attacks and didn't bother finishing it. Oh well, I'll grab him the second time around.

I spent quite a bit of time farming Aerith's event and wanted to get some recommendations on how to spend it. Already bought all the T1 and T2 orbs, Aerith, Mythril, Protect Vest/Staffs, and Greater Summon/Greater Lightning orbs. Now I'm wondering if I should buy the Greater Wind orbs so I can create Syldra, or if I should wait and attempt to farm them from Humbaba in FFVI?

Either way, after that I was contemplating which orbs I should buy. I was thinking non-elementals for the eventual second tier breaker skills, and then maybe buy the orbs for Quake if you think it's worth it. Or would I be better off just saving my Greater Black Orbs for the -ja line in the future?

Lastly, can I farm T3 Summon Orbs from Terra's event? I'd like to make Shiva and/or Ifrit, but those orbs are my limiting factor and, despite the T3 orbs being a bit of a ripoff, it may be worthwhile to buy those while I still can.

Also, I did my first 11-roll the other day. Was fortunate enough to get two 5* items (Judgement Staff and Genji Armor). I gave Terra the Genji armor and tossed some cure spells on her. While her cures are weak, she takes less damage than some of my L40 characters while at 25, which is hilarious. Back row + Genji + Defend makes for some hilariously low numbers.

Oh, and one thing I realized that really helped me in the events: on levels where your characters don't walk inbetween rounds, your block state can persist. I would often have Rydia block as her first action, then input no other actions for the rest of the series of battles to keep her HP as high as possible. It also mitigated the danger from those Rydia-sniping laser turrets somewhat. Something to keep in mind!

Kitoro

Is Terra worthwhile to level up as a Rydia replacement, or is she better off as a collectible?

Also, with the new story characters added, what's the current meta looking like?

rhino4evr

I've actually started using terra as my healer. Considering she can use level 3 white spells. And can equip swords. She makes a great front row white Mage. My level 4 summon with Rydia is way too powerful to give up. I've been able to clean house of the elites with it.

If I could just get that enhancer sword....

Cob32

About to pull my final relic from the mythril currently available....

Edit: regal gown which I'm happy with.

Can't complain really I've had a genji helm and a combined 5* crystal helm. Also a few 4*star weapons. Overall I'm happy with my rolls.

thedan001

Today is a free day if you already cleared all elites, and all events

So far I've just been alternating between daily and Mobliz to get rank 2 bladeblitz

Vorpal

Oh, and one thing I realized that really helped me in the events: on levels where your characters don't walk inbetween rounds, your block state can persist. I would often have Rydia block as her first action, then input no other actions for the rest of the series of battles to keep her HP as high as possible. It also mitigated the danger from those Rydia-sniping laser turrets somewhat. Something to keep in mind!

No T3 Summon Orbs from Terra's event, unfortunately. I would definitely buy those out.

I think Greater Wind Orbs are a smart buy--they're needed for Syldra and Bladeblitz, both of which are pretty nice crowd clearers. You wouldn't have enough for both skills even if you bought every orb Mog offered, so it's at least a way to cut down on Humbaba farming.

Personally, I like Quake. If you have a Gaia Rod + Gaia Robe, the spell does a
broken
amount of damage. Even with just the Gaia Robe, though, my level 11 Black Mage was clearing out stages in level 25 dungeons. It's also nice for basically skipping two stages of a daily. I especially liked it in the 3x Magitek Armor elite fight. Opening with Quake, Syldra, Shiva, Bladeblitz, Quake again and then Wakka's Limit was really satisfying.

Of course, it's not very useful against single targets, but that's not too surprising.

As far as saving for future -ja abilities, general consensus seems to be that honing a lower level ability for 6-8 uses is better than investing in a higher level ability for only 2 uses. (I've definitely noticed this with Cura/ga/ja. I rarely pack ja over the other two.) So I would just spend Greater Black Orbs on whatever looks interesting. By the time it would be worth it to hone T4 abilities, there will hopefully be some more practical options for farming the orbs.

I've actually started using terra as my healer. Considering she can use level 3 white spells. And can equip swords. She makes a great front row white Mage. My level 4 summon with Rydia is way too powerful to give up. I've been able to clean house of the elites with it.

If I could just get that enhancer sword....

Right, I use terra as a paladin Cecil replacement that can use curaga from the front row. not the greatest at healing or fighting, but competent enough to not be dead weight.

DeviantBoi

Why would the following not work:

I have 50 mythril and I want to do an 11 pull, but before I do that, I upload my game.

I do the pull and it sucks. So I delete the game from my iPad. I reinstall it and download the saved data where I had 50 mythril.

Rinse and repeat until I get what I want.

Althane

I have 50 mythril and I want to do an 11 pull, but before I do that, I upload my game.

I do the pull and it sucks. So I delete the game from my iPad. I reinstall it and download the saved data where I had 50 mythril.

Don't know how they do it right now, but all I'd have to do is keep track of the data sent back to me for the pulls. If I see one account repeated pulling, despite no $$$ being spent, and no records of them having more than 50 mythril... Ban when ready!

You would definitely trigger something server-side.

thedan001

I'm quite sure you will download the saved data with 0 mythril remaining, I tried this before on Brave Frontier
Something to do with mythril/gems saved server-side while rest of game is saved on your device

I'm quite sure you will download the saved data with 0 mythril remaining, I tried this before on Brave Frontier
Something to do with mythril/gems saved server-side while rest of game is saved on your device

The game isn't saved on device. They don't make this easy to understand, but "upload save" should really be called "link your device ". Once you do that, your game is always saved to the server with every action you do (And your device too, obviously, the point is just that it's saved to both)

ZiggyST

Banned

When you press "pull", you call a service from the game server, which substrate the mythril from your account and give you 11 items, so, whenever or not you see the animation or the result, you already did the pull on that account. This is not an offline game.

Xetherion

Ahh well, I'll have a look tomorrow. Sorry about that! You could *try* selecting the rectangle from A15 through B56 and hitting delete. This would leave only Genji Armor in the table. I'm guessing there's 1 item that's screwing everything else up. If that works then you could hit Ctrl+Z and try to narrow down which item it is by deleting things 1 by 1. That's probably more effort than y ou're willing to spend though, so I'll have a look tomorrow otherwise.

It's weird that it would happen in Open Office but not Excel though.

Tried deleting that rectangle, still broken. Deleted Genji Armor as well, still broken. Typed in one of my own items after deleting Genji Armor, still broken.

Is Terra worthwhile to level up as a Rydia replacement, or is she better off as a collectible?

Also, with the new story characters added, what's the current meta looking like?

Terra is definitely worth leveling up. She's a great Black Mage. At level 29 with an Ice Rod (IV) 10/10 in Tower of Zot Elite she hit the Magus Sisters for 8500 each with Quake. She didn't even have the Gaia Vest equipped.

Shahadan

Will we ever get any sort of FFRK specific dungeons? I know the storyline is just an excuse but I'd be curious to see something on that front.
Also Mog and Tyro are virtually absent after the tutorial, feels weird.

Falk

that puzzling face
Will we ever get any sort of FFRK specific dungeons? I know the storyline is just an excuse but I'd be curious to see something on that front.
Also Mog and Tyro are virtually absent after the tutorial, feels weird.

Hopefully towards the end, there's sorta like special events along the lines of "now that we've restored enough paintings and gathered enough heroes it's time to find the cause of the problem".

Then introduce r6 equipment with core synergy and r6 magic that's above -aja (since it doesn't have to come from FF lore) and go nuts.

Gandalf

Having some performance issues on my Nexus 5.

Game has been fine up until yesterday... It keeps stuttering when scrolling between my inventory and doing something similar when flipping between the numbers on the world homepage.

Also when I get descriptions, such as the party before you start a dungeon, or a description of an item, the box is tiny? Barely readable.

Anyone else having similar issues? I am hesitant to reinstall just in case I lose progress... So some assurances my progress probably won't be lost would be cool.

Maybe not the best explanation, but I hope someone understands what I mean.

Thanks.

Shahadan

Hopefully towards the end, there's sorta like special events along the lines of "now that we've restored enough paintings and gathered enough heroes it's time to find the cause of the problem".

Then introduce r6 equipment with core synergy and r6 magic that's above -aja (since it doesn't have to come from FF lore) and go nuts.

That would be cool indeed, especially the last part. Also I find it funny that eventually the hardest dungeons in the game would probably be Core ones, and the crap core characters would finally be useful for synergy purposes.

Falk

that puzzling face
That would be cool indeed, especially the last part. Also I find it funny that eventually the hardest dungeons in the game would probably be Core ones, and the crap core characters would finally be useful for synergy purposes.

You know, I have the feeling that maybe the core characters + 10 levels at endgame (e.g. past the current lv65 limit) would be on the same power level as other characters in terms of stats, meaning core-synergy endgame would be a level playing field for everyone. Maybe I'm on to something here.

Roto13

Wait for my meter to be full. Fight Humbaba 5 times. Get one Greater Wind Orb. This is going to take forever.

Having some performance issues on my Nexus 5.

Game has been fine up until yesterday... It keeps stuttering when scrolling between my inventory and doing something similar when flipping between the numbers on the world homepage.

Also when I get descriptions, such as the party before you start a dungeon, or a description of an item, the box is tiny? Barely readable.

Anyone else having similar issues? I am hesitant to reinstall just in case I lose progress... So some assurances my progress probably won't be lost would be cool.

Maybe not the best explanation, but I hope someone understands what I mean.

Thanks.

This is caused by a Webview update. If you search for Webview in the Google Play Store and uninstall the updates, it should fix it, at least for the rest of the day, until your phone automatically downloads it again.

I don't like doing this, though. Those updates include web security stuff. I wish Squenix/DeNA would hurry up and update the game to fix it.

Falk

that puzzling face
Wait for my meter to be full. Fight Humbaba 5 times. Get one Greater Wind Orb. This is going to take forever.

Well, at least it's a DECENT amount of money. Can't top the Gil daily but at least I'll never have to do the Gil daily again in foreseeable future.

Roto13

Well, at least it's a DECENT amount of money. Can't top the Gil daily but at least I'll never have to do the Gil daily again in foreseeable future.

Yeah. Apparently I'm at 700,000 now. Not really hurting for money. :p I haven't dipped below 500,000 in weeks. Probably have a million by the time this dumb thing is through.

Tried deleting that rectangle, still broken. Deleted Genji Armor as well, still broken. Typed in one of my own items after deleting Genji Armor, still broken.

Go to the "Indirect Ranges" tab on the bottom. Highlight M3, press F2, deleting everything in the cell including the = sign, and then type "Equipment Analyzer" (without quotation marks). I was using a formula to calculate this automatically, but the formula doesn't work in Open Office. I can fix that myself now, but then I won't be sure if it works with Excel as well. So it'll have to wait until tonight when I get home that I can make a version that works with both.

Anyway that should fix it for you until I release a new version.

Xetherion

Go to the "Indirect Ranges" tab on the bottom. Highlight M3, press F2, deleting everything in the cell including the = sign, and then type "Equipment Analyzer" (without quotation marks). I was using a formula to calculate this automatically, but the formula doesn't work in Open Office. I can fix that myself now, but then I won't be sure if it works with Excel as well. So it'll have to wait until tonight when I get home that I can make a version that works with both.

Anyway that should fix it for you until I release a new version.

"Protected cells can not be modified".

If you get it working, great, but the old version is still serving me well so don't worry about it on my account.

Xetherion

Ah okay. Yep, that fixed it, thanks.

Edit: btw, Official Ball has the wrong synergy, says it's for XII when it should be for X. Looks like X isn't in the synergy table at all though so that's probably why. Is that intentional since OB is the only X gear in the game so far?

Ah okay. Yep, that fixed it, thanks.

Edit: btw, Official Ball has the wrong synergy, says it's for XII when it should be for X. Looks like X isn't in the synergy table at all though so that's probably why. Is that intentional since OB is the only X gear in the game so far?

When entering items in the database it has the bad habit of auto completing what you type based on earlier things. So i type X and hit enter, it auto completes to XII. I had a bunch of problems with II items being listed as III as well. I fixed those, but didn't know about the Official Ball problem until you mentioned it. I'll fix that tonight, feel free to change it locally on the Database tab in your own copy.

Just pulled probably my worst rare pull, a 3 star xii staff. Bummer. Other than the free mythril days, I am tapped out until the next update, barring purchasing a pull. Considering the lack of challenge with the current game that would be a foolish decision. the next content is going to be a walk with my gear, I beleive 9/10 of my slots for vi are 4 or 5 star equips. IV is the same and v is a bit worse.

Almost to the point of dumping 2 star duplicative equips. :(

SunGod

For the first time in a few weeks I'm actually looking forward to adamantite day. I have 5 Ninja Gear+ and 5 Ninja Gear to combine into 5 Ninja Gear++ and 3 sets of Mythril Claws ready to combine too.

Today has pretty much been Solitary Island day. Got 2x Rank 3 Double Cut and 1x Rank 2 Double Cut and they all need honing! It'll probably continue as soon as I finish my equipment combining tomorrow until whenever the next event starts.

Xetherion

When entering items in the database it has the bad habit of auto completing what you type based on earlier things. So i type X and hit enter, it auto completes to XII. I had a bunch of problems with II items being listed as III as well. I fixed those, but didn't know about the Official Ball problem until you mentioned it. I'll fix that tonight, feel free to change it locally on the Database tab in your own copy.

Got it. That reminded me the Mythril Knife mistakenly had III synergy instead of II in the old version too. I actually prefer the old version due to being able to see the stats in every realm right next to the item on the Equipment Builder tab. Is there a way to do this in the new version that i'm not seeing?

DeviantBoi

Damn, got a crappy 11-pull.

My only 5* was a Genji Shield.

I did get two 3* Enhancer swords, which I have now combined into a 5* ++ sword.

And I also got another 3* whip for Rydia. It's now a 4* + whip and I only need to farm for one more.

I haven't looked closely, but I think I can get a 4* + sword.

Time to start saving for another 50 mythril. Maybe by the next content update,

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Damn, got a crappy 11-pull.

My only 5* was a Genji Shield.

I did get two 3* Enhancer swords, which I have now combined into a 5* ++ sword.

And I also got another 3* whip for Rydia. It's now a 4* + whip and I only need to farm for one more.

I haven't looked closely, but I think I can get a 4* + sword.

Time to start saving for another 50 mythril. Maybe by the next content update,
Some people don't get any 5*.

Got it. That reminded me the Mythril Knife mistakenly had III synergy instead of II in the old version too. I actually prefer the old version due to being able to see the stats in every realm right next to the item on the Equipment Builder tab. Is there a way to do this in the new version that i'm not seeing?

The columns are still there, just hidden. You can unhide them by selecting all the columns, right clicking, and choosing "Show" or "Unhide" (can't remember what it says in OpenOffice).

The reason I hid them is because previously you would tell it what stat you want to optimize for. Like you would just say "use ATK for everything". So it only has to show 1 stat. Now it makes the decision based on the character and item type. So for Rydia Weapon it uses MAG, whereas for Aerith it uses MND and for Cloud it uses ATK. So now I'd have to display EVERY stat for every realm, which is over 50 columns.

The real issue is that a spreadsheet isn't really the best format for presenting this type of data. I have some ideas in this area, but nothing concrete yet.

Vorpal

Dragging my underleveled Kain and Cecil(s) through the daily today and it's decent experience! Seems like things really start to slow down around the mid-30s, but maybe that's where the EXP Daily can pick up the slack.

In case anyone is wondering, Fabul Castle Elite Stage 2 is where you go for 3* Lightning Orbs. I burned over 250 stamina today trying other suggestions-- including the orb daily -- and had jack shit to show for it. In 3 runs of Fabul Castle 2 (45 stamina) I've gotten 3 3* Lightning Orbs

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
In case anyone is wondering, Fabul Castle Elite Stage 2 is where you go for 3* Lightning Orbs. I burned over 250 stamina today trying other suggestions-- including the orb daily -- and had jack shit to show for it. In 3 runs of Fabul Castle 2 (45 stamina) I've gotten 3 3* Lightning Orbs

Sorry, Fabul Castle Elite 2, or Figaro Castle Elite 2? Fabul Castle Elite 2 is only 4 stamina, so 3 runs should I only take 12 stamina.

Edit: Just ran Fabul Castle Elite 2 twice and got nothing, waiting for confirmation before trying anything else.

Sorry, Fabul Castle Elite 2, or Figaro Castle Elite 2? Fabul Castle Elite 2 is only 4 stamina, so 3 runs should I only take 12 stamina.

Edit: Just ran Fabul Castle Elite 2 twice and got nothing, waiting for confirmation before trying anything else.

My bad, Figaro. Sorry :( it drops from Bandits. You might see bandits on the 1st floor too, but I think they drop something different. There seem to be 2 different layouts for stage 2. Heavy on bandits, or heavy on rats. Sadly if you get the latter you might not even see any bandits, but if you get the bandit there's 3-5 chances for lightning orbs per round

Edit: Just ran it again and got another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom