• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falk

that puzzling face
I was just gonna post "I got a Black Orb on my first try and a Lesser Elemental Orb on my second try"

:((

Vorpal

So what abilities have you guys been honing?

I have an R4 Cura, R2 Fira/Thundara and an R2 Thunder Strike/Double Cut but I've pretty much just been staring at everything else. No idea what I should focus on.

Got it. That reminded me the Mythril Knife mistakenly had III synergy instead of II in the old version too. I actually prefer the old version due to being able to see the stats in every realm right next to the item on the Equipment Builder tab. Is there a way to do this in the new version that i'm not seeing?

I know you got it working already, but in case you care, I fixed the Open Office not working thingy in the public version.

So what abilities have you guys been honing?

I have an R4 Cura, R2 Fira/Thundara and an R2 Thunder Strike/Double Cut but I've pretty much just been staring at everything else. No idea what I should focus on.

For normal orbs, I've been focusing mostly on -aga spells. I have a level 3 Curaga, level 2 Blizzaga, level 1 Firaga. But, I also want to hone my Power Break up to level 4 eventually, I think it will be critical for EX dungeons where you face 4-5 bosses in a row to have a very large number of Power Breaks handy. It's level 2 right now. For lesser orbs mostly Double Cut and not much else. I think I have a level 3 Double Cut right now.

Other lower priority items I want to buy/hone are Dark and Silence Buster (especially Dark), and Spellstrikes

elty

Just beat Forza, definitely a challenge but not that hard. Did not bring magic break and silence, and only manage to sleep Forza at 3rd attempt. Aerith limit break is really useful to buy some time.

SougoXIII

Man I was just looking at the JP characters and damn why does the majority of female characters mage based? It doesn't make sense for the jack of all trade type like Ashe/Maria etc..

Roto13

Man I was just looking at the JP characters and damn why does the majority of female characters mage based? It doesn't make sense for the jack of all trade type like Ashe/Maria etc..

Ashe actually has the highest base magic stat in FFXII. Except for Larsa. :p

But in general, women being mages is a pretty old and common trope.

Falk

that puzzling face
I dunno, the 'inhumanly strong female character with a giant axe' seems to be all the rage nowadays

Melvia from Atelier series, Ines from Tales series, etc.

Roto13

Wow, just totally destroyed Vargas and his shitty Ipoohs. Thanks, Trance Fira!

EDIT: Aaaaand beat Magissa and Forza. Didn't silence her but did manage to put him to sleep a couple of times and go to town on him with magic. Took a lot of damage. Did a lot of actions. (There's no way around it. Whatever the requirements are for the maximum number of actions in that boss battle, they're too low.) Still managed to Master the painting.

So I've cleared all of the Elites now. 78 stamina with 3 stamina shards.

Falk

that puzzling face
My bad, Figaro. Sorry :( it drops from Bandits. You might see bandits on the 1st floor too, but I think they drop something different. There seem to be 2 different layouts for stage 2. Heavy on bandits, or heavy on rats. Sadly if you get the latter you might not even see any bandits, but if you get the bandit there's 3-5 chances for lightning orbs per round

Edit: Just ran it again and got another.

This is all lies and deceit and I blew 120stamina so far and got zero.

I am a ruined man.

Terra and Cyan level hella fast tho

thedan001

Should we expect Celes event around May 2 when the 4 chara banner relic pull expires?

Anyone know what element to use for that? I may have read blizzard earlier?

Wow, just totally destroyed Vargas and his shitty Ipoohs. Thanks, Trance Fira!

EDIT: Aaaaand beat Magissa and Forza. Didn't silence her but did manage to put him to sleep a couple of times and go to town on him with magic. Took a lot of damage. Did a lot of actions. (There's no way around it. Whatever the requirements are for the maximum number of actions in that boss battle, they're too low.) Still managed to Master the painting.

So I've cleared all of the Elites now. 78 stamina with 3 stamina shards.

Yeah, everyone is in agreement that that is the only painting that wasn't properly nerfed like the others... as such everything about it is unbalanced. It's quite awkward being all completed on masteries... I just barely made it through them in time for this 'new' batch... And then I blew threw them all in just a couple days because the elite difficulty dropped back down.

So apparently I can't play this game outside. Won't connect on cellular data. Wtf.

Works for me... in fact, I haven't had WiFi at my new apartment since I got it. This game over mobile networks has been the only thing keeping me sane.

Really looking forward to new difficult content. I want Celes to be that one, but I have a feeling it's going to tougher but still not tough compared to the hardest elites.

freed

Some people don't get any 5*.

That's me -_-

Is this game give bad result in "gacha system" if you not an iap player.

Trying 5 mythril, only 3* and get two 4* weapon.

try 50 mytrhil, all 3* and one 4*

I'll try again when my mythril hit 50, if still bad luck, maybe the game try to tell me to stop playing this game

orion434

I started playing a few days ago and I think there was a problem with my stamina. I was getting the 5 shards and it didn't refill my stamina to full. What is the Max Stammia you can get in the U.S game?

Is Wakka any good? I got his Relic in a mega-pull I did this morning. Did an 11x and got Official Ball, Ice Whip, Buster Sword, Judgement Staff & Genji Shield.

Nohar

He's laughing at the fact he rolled 4 of the same ~1.6% chance item in an 11-pull.

So, unless I'm mistaken, there was like 0.000000065536% chances that he would get four times in a row the same weapon?

So far, got 2 5* items, which were the same: 2 Genji Shields. Got a few 4* weapons too, though I'd like to get Terra's enhancer.

I started playing a few days ago and I think there was a problem with my stamina. I was getting the 5 shards and it didn't refill my stamina to full. What is the Max Stammia you can get in the U.S game?

Is Wakka any good? I got his Relic in a mega-pull I did this morning. Did an 11x and got Official Ball, Ice Whip, Buster Sword, Judgement Staff & Genji Shield.

You do realize that people here are going to murder you?

I started playing a few days ago and I think there was a problem with my stamina. I was getting the 5 shards and it didn't refill my stamina to full.

You need some number of shards to make a new Stamina crystal. Upon making a new crystal, it auto-fills your Stamina. You might be expecting the stamina shards to be refilling your stamina instead of the resultant crystals.

umm ... jealous .... must not kill from afar ....

orion434

You do realize that people here are going to murder you?

You need some number of shards to make a new Stamina crystal. Upon making a new crystal, it auto-fills your Stamina. You might be expecting the stamina shards to be refilling your stamina instead of the resultant crystals.

umm ... jealous .... must not kill from afar ....

There were some stages that you get Stamina Shard x 5 but it didn't refill my bar. I have 62 Stamina but my characters a too low a level to do any mission > 40 difficulty. So I still have more to go. Curious to know what max is at the moment.

Reading some posts, I should hide... That will probably never happen again. RNJesus was with me, would like that in FfXIV lol

Falk

that puzzling face
So, unless I'm mistaken, there was like 0.000000065536% chances that he would get four times in a row the same weapon?

It's not that bad. It's not 4 in a row (of which you'd multiply by 1.6% three times instead of four anyway since the first is arbitrary) but 4 out of 11.

Just did a single roll and got a Genji Helm.

PXfbrPLl.jpg

Now Cloud is pretty much unkillable, and I gave his old Genji Shield to Terra. The only person missing a 5* is Tifa. I really want her gloves. :(

EDIT: Just did another roll and got another Genji Helm.....

Now what?! Do I combine them or give it to somebody else?

Silly question, but can you tell me how you got that amazing screenshot :D

Rezae

First relic pull in about a week and got my first ever 5 star.. an Enhancer! I think I'll buy a lottery ticket later.

I have some nice 5* armour and even a 6* Genji Shield but my weapons are only 4* at best.

I think I would trade one piece for at least one OP weapon. Oh well.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Does anyone here use Mark Cerqueira's proxy tool?

Basically, it can tell you what is going to drop when you first start a battle which can save a hell of a lot of time when you're trying to farm something. This way, instead of starting a boss battle, turning off your wifi, beating the boss, seeing what they drop, then either force closing or turning your wifi back on, fleeing the battle, then starting over - it can just be: start boss battle, look on computer screen to see what you're going to get, if it's not what you want you can flee, then start over.

I'm doing some testing and it's going well so far. I know a bit of python too so I'm thinking of writing some improvements for it.

Basically, it can tell you what is going to drop when you first start a battle which can save a hell of a lot of time when you're trying to farm something. This way, instead of starting a boss battle, turning off your wifi, beating the boss, seeing what they drop, then either force closing or turning your wifi back on, fleeing the battle, then starting over - it can just be: start boss battle, look on computer screen to see what you're going to get, if it's not what you want you can flee, then start over.

I'm doing some testing and it's going well so far. I know a bit of python too so I'm thinking of writing some improvements for it.

Jesus.

Red Mage

I think I might keep the Plumed Hat, even though it's one star. It's a Red Mage Hat that should be worn by my red mage. = x

Rojo

Can this work with relic drops?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Can this work with relic drops?

Nope. Relic stuff is all done server side meaning you request a relic pull, then their servers determine what you win and deduct your mythril/gems accordingly. So the only way to "re-roll" a relic pull would be to spend more mythril/gems aka "try again".

Take note that with this tool you also still need to start the battle then flee if it isn't going to give you the drop you're looking for, which consumes stamina.

Is this an app that runs on the phone itself? Or does it require you to use an emulator on your PC like BlueStacks, and the app runs outside the emulator?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom