• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It'll be a few months. Quistis comes with Selphie in her dungeon so you'll get them together but there's a bunch of other chars that'll come before them like Edgar and Sabin.

Praise be to Squeenix! Why the hell we had no FF6 characters at launch...

For the daily events, what is the difficulty level or what level should your party be at for normal difficulty?

5, 15, 25 with appropriate gear is probably the minimum 'recommended' for each from what I've gathered.

5, 15, 25 with appropriate gear is probably the minimum 'recommended' for each from what I've gathered.

No FF6 character broke my heart. Playing through I was so excited to see which one we got for the realm... :(

They needed to hook in the casual anime fans that only know about Final Fantasy VII first.

That's why the introduction is in Mako and the first week events are Clod, Tifa, Sephiroth, Buster Sword.

GordonShumway

Neo Member
So, what's up with the inventory management? Is there a set number of items you can hold? In the inventory screen there's this note - "Held XX/100". At one point I was at 102/100 so I combined a bunch of stuff to make room. I'm very much a pack rat in games so hoping there's no limited item management.

What about adding extra equipment/ability slots? Is that worth spending mythril on?

I like Bards. :)

Looking at the Bard just now... What the hell are you supposed to do with him? His weapon choices are quite limited (luckily they give you a 3-star harp), and what abilities are you supposed to put on him? His magic is currently like the 3rd highest... but you can't put any healing or attack spells on him so it's all quite wasted.

Shouta

Looking at the Bard just now... What the hell are you supposed to do with him? His weapon choices are quite limited (luckily they give you a 3-star harp), and what abilities are you supposed to put on him? His magic is currently like the 3rd highest... but you can't put any healing or attack spells on him so it's all quite wasted.

They fixed that oversight recently in the JP version. There are bard songs for them to use that do a few things like Raise attack and the like.

Cyan should be coming for FF6 soon and Terra/Celes eventually too. Gabranth isn't in the game for FF12 yet.

So, what's up with the inventory management? Is there a set number of items you can hold? In the inventory screen there's this note - "Held XX/100". At one point I was at 102/100 so I combined a bunch of stuff to make room. I'm very much a pack rat in games so hoping there's no limited item management.

What about adding extra equipment/ability slots? Is that worth spending mythril on?
You're hurting yourself by hoarding.

Dump all those junk items into your best gear.

JNA

Banned
Got a question: what are dark attacks?

On one of the bosses for the elite dungeons, their weakness is "dark attacks".

Is that like poison or something?

MicH

My team (Titus, Cloud, Kain, Tyro, Rydia) is level 28-29. I hope I can get both Tifa and Sephiroth tonight

I have a weird issue with that boss too. There's a physical ability called "Dark Attack" which I've crafted for Titus. However, when I use that in the Mist boss I don't get the bonus for using a dark attack?? Am I doing something wrong?

johnsmith

remember me

I have a weird issue with that boss too. There's a physical ability called "Dark Attack" which I've crafted for Titus. However, when I use that in the Mist boss I don't get the bonus for using a dark attack?? Am I doing something wrong?

Dark Attack is just a regular non-elemental attack with a status effect attached. The weakness is to Dark elemental attacks which don't seem to be available yet.

Meier

I think it's done very well but there's really not more than a day or two worth of content imo. I got bored of it quite quickly despite its relative quality.

Einbroch

Banned
Honestly, I feel like the hardest stage you can pass on Champion is the best. All the better if they're the good dailies (Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday-Sunday).

I just grinded the dailies on Normal. Five stamina for like 3k EXP and those sweet drops.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I think it's done very well but there's really not more than a day or two worth of content imo. I got bored of it quite quickly despite its relative quality.

That's how all these games start out. It takes time to build up the content. I mean, it IS free, after all.

JNA

Banned

Ok so according to that, I should:

1. Make Tyro use a Harp (the 3 star one I got)
2. Use Wakka over Tidus
3. Apparently the Boomarang weapon works best for Wakka. So Chakram wouldn't work here?
4. Thundra is king here. Which means I need to farm lightning orbs. Anybody know where I can farm those the most?

That's what I got from that link so far.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Ok so according to that, I should:

1. Make Tyro use a Harp (the level one I got)
2. Use Wakka over Tidus
3. Apparently the Boomarang weapon works best for Wakka. So Chakram wouldn't work here?
4. Thundra is king here. Which means I need to farm lightning orbs. Anybody know where I can farm those the most?

That's what I got from that link so far.

https://ffrkstrategy.gamematome.jp/game/951/wiki/Orbs_Lightning Orbs_Lesser Lightning Orb

This site in general has a bunch of good info for farming locations.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Is there a list of which weapons are ranged? I can't find any indication in the weapon stats ingame

Bow, chakra/boomerang (these are in the same weapon category), harp, maybe a whip?

I also believe Jump is considered a ranged skill.

MicH

Mako Reactor No. 5 (Elite) (VII) drops both Lesser Black and Lesser Lightning orbs to those wanting to item grind for Thundara

Bow, chakra/boomerang (these are in the same weapon category), harp, maybe a whip?

I also believe Jump is considered a ranged skill.
What about spears and axes? I have a ton of spears so it would be nice if they were ranged

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Mako Reactor No. 5 (Elite) (VII) drops both Lesser Black and Lesser Lightning orbs to those wanting to item grind for Thundara

What about spears and axes? I have a ton of spears so it would be nice if they were ranged

Definitely not ranged.

They fixed that oversight recently in the JP version. There are bard songs for them to use that do a few things like Raise attack and the like.

Cyan should be coming for FF6 soon and Terra/Celes eventually too. Gabranth isn't in the game for FF12 yet.

Oh Celes! I can't quit this game, that's for sure now. What about Locke?

Fauve

If you need any ranged weapons, the normal daily drops silver bows.

And to the people that play JP, how long did it take for fast-forward auto battle to come out?

Colby

So, I'm playing pretty absent-mindedly throughout the day, and I go to check my equipment, and I have a 4-star Light Staff that must have dropped somewhere. Is that one of those weapons that everyone gets (i.e., Silver Harp, Chakram), or did I get super lucky? I'm using Tyro as my healer, and the Light Staff is an incredible boost to his heals.

lyrick

I'm assuming this upcoming Event dungeon is set in a FFVII realm,

Is there a decent list of farmable 1* or 2* FFVII gear somewhere?

Locke is in too yeah.

I actually have his 5 Star weapon for Mirage Dive but I don't have him, lol

Great news, thanks! One day I will own both, one day!

I finally mastered the Underground Waterway on Elite! The 4 stars Light Rod is great to get on this weapon upgrade material day! =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom