• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roto13

They're probably talking to each other like, "wow this Vorpal guy has been playing since launch week and still hasn't cleared every Elite. What a scrub lol [high five] Let's release Celes tomorrow"

"Let's never let him roll another 5* relic"

Falk

that puzzling face
You know, you're probably right. They've got 6 months worth of content to splurge and in these environments you want to retain your playerbase so why not just release them as fast as a specific fraction of the playerbase (the hardcore group) gets done and starts idling by farming random shit.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Meanwhile, in Japan:

fMNmFYY.png
:(

qobbTW7.png

Vorpal

"Let's never let him roll another 5* relic"

"Sir, reports are showing that Roto13 has pulled only four of the eighty different 3* FFXII weapons. What should we do??" "Stop wasting time and make sure he rolls the other seventy-six 3* weapons ASAP!!!!"

Ashodin

Meanwhile, in Japan:

fMNmFYY.png

MADUIN <3

You know, you're probably right. They've got 6 months worth of content to splurge and in these environments you want to retain your playerbase so why not just release them as fast as a specific fraction of the playerbase (the hardcore group) gets done and starts idling by farming random shit.

this is me. I finished mostly every elite (some FF6, FF5 to go), so I'm just idling my thumbs really. Levelling up characters and managing equips.

I might use a B-team on the Celes event, at least until I hit a wall and/or time starts running out.

And while the constant events are nice, the biggest need for this game right now should be getting some Quality of Life updates on the app.

thedan001

So Celes relic pull weapon is ability recharge soul break?

Sounds great for summon usage, otherwise, should have high honed abilites later on in meta game anyway

Falk

that puzzling face
Actually I retract what I said. Aerith event redemption period ends the exact minute Celes event starts, so it's definitely been planned way in advance.

Negator

Are the breaks worth getting? I have enough to get Armor Break. Any exact figures for the defense reduction?

Breaks are amazing. I would get one of each break eventually, with focus on Power Break and Magic Break. Those two will reduce the damage you take by a significant amount.

Power/Magic Break = 40% reduced Attack/Magic
Armor/Mind Break = 20% reduced Armor/Resistance

This is also why Wakka's Soul Break ball is so good. He does 40% reduced Armor/Resistance in one attack.

thedan001

Breaks are amazing. I would get one of each break eventually, with focus on Power Break and Magic Break. Those two will reduce the damage you take by a significant amount.

Power/Magic Break = 40% reduced Attack/Magic
Armor/Mind Break = 20% reduced Armor/Resistance

This is also why Wakka's Soul Break ball is so good. He does 40% reduced Armor/Resistance in one attack.

Someone from JP FFRK also said Wakka's ball soul break and abilities stack, not sure exactly how it stacks btw

I've got a question hopefully someone can answer.

In my 30+ years of gaming I've never played a FF game, not even for a minute at a friends house, not a demo, nothing.

For some reason I'd always assumed I wouldn't like them, so I've never bothered buying one but the love it gets must mean the series is great so I downloaded this game, have yet to play it but would it be a good representation of what I might find if I were to play a full FF game? or is it really bare bones?

Falk

that puzzling face
it's a very shallow cross section of all the stories and characters from each game with only the most basic combat.

Of Final Fantasy's four great pillars (graphics, music, story, gameplay) you're getting one and a half pillar representation of the best the franchise has to offer - great music, barebones gameplay

In other words, it's a nostalgia trip and you probably should avoid it if you ever intend to play any Final Fantasy game (you should, at least try a few) because spoilers.

Pro Tip: Need Black Orbs? Grind the first boss of the Airship stage in FFVI. It's only 7 stamina on classic, one round, and a really easy boss. (Well, pair of bosses.) And since it's the first of two boss stages in that painting, you can grind it infinitely.

thedan001

Pro Tip: Need Black Orbs? Grind the first boss of the Airship stage in FFVI. It's only 7 stamina on classic, one round, and a really easy boss. (Well, pair of bosses.) And since it's the first of two boss stages in that painting, you can grind it infinitely.

Yeah, I picked this up from Reddit and started doing it earlier today. It's nice to start replacing -ara nuke spells with -aga's since black orbs are easy to farm, but I think I'm gonna keep honing thundara to 10 since 3* lightning orbs aren't farmable like other orbs

Poor guy's been through a lot.
Yeah, like cut him some slack. So what if his ability in VI was time based and therefore dumb, he didn't ask to be born that way! And that's not even an issue in this game.

He's a buff samurai dude with a cool mustache and a sweet ponytail. Y'all should be treating him like a King.

thedan001

For people who missed Sephiroth, Cyan's gonna be the only Retaliate-bot for quite some time.

I've been using Buster Sword Cloud for retaliate spam, and it's working nicely. Or do ppl prefer to use Cloud for spellblade and let Seph/Cyan use up an ability slot for Retaliate?

Falk

that puzzling face
Wait, Retaliate isn't limited to Samurais like Jump is to dragoon?

I'VE BEEN DOING IT WRONG ALL THIS TIME

saher

Banned
Finally got my first 5 star weapon and its Official Ball,im sooo happy this game have been mean to me since the start !!.

Gandalf

This is caused by a Webview update. If you search for Webview in the Google Play Store and uninstall the updates, it should fix it, at least for the rest of the day, until your phone automatically downloads it again.

I don't like doing this, though. Those updates include web security stuff. I wish Squenix/DeNA would hurry up and update the game to fix it.

Late reply from me, but thanks! I'll look into that. That should fix the issue until the actual issue is fixed.

Got a 5* Genji Shield earlier.

Can anyone just talk me through synergy and how much better it is?

Say equipping a VII 5* sword does 200 damage but a V 3* sword does 150, however going in to a V dungeon, what would be better? How much impact is synergy?

johnsmith

remember me
Got a 5* Genji Shield earlier.

Can anyone just talk me through synergy and how much better it is?

Say equipping a VII 5* sword does 200 damage but a IV 3* sword does 150, however going in to a V dungeon, what would be better? How much impact is synergy?

Go into a realm and take a look at your inventory to see the stat boosts. You don't need to spend any stamina just to look. Gear will show the updated stats even if not equipped.

Falk

that puzzling face
You know how I've been farming Humbaba for GWO for more Bladeblitz? Humbaba also drops Mythril Sword IV (2*) and I've gotten enough of them to outfit an army at this point with my sustained farming.

Guess what I got from my free pull today

image.php

Shahed

You know how I've been farming Humbaba for GWO for more Bladeblitz? Humbaba also drops Mythril Sword IV (2*) and I've gotten enough of them to outfit an army at this point with my sustained farming.

Guess what I got from my free pull today

image.php

That place is annoying me now. I've only got 6 Orbs and yet to create my first Bladeblitz. Yet I've got 2 Mythril Sword ++ and sold another 10-15 extra. Didn't bother with Gil Daily and I've got over 500k which was near empty after weapon upgrade day.

Falk

that puzzling face
Yeah, it seems my earlier sample of 7 in 20 was a little on the lucky side. Next 20 only netted 4. So it's looking more like 1/4 than 1/3 now.

Lasdrub

What's with the Cyan hate? He rocked! You just had to skip his turn so he went last while everyone else charged up again or just used the first sword tech that didn't take any charge time. He wasn't the absolute best, but he wasn't like Gau or something.

cyanquadraslam.gif

Shahed

I might need to play FFVI again. I never replayed it because my disc broke and even though I bought it again on PSN, I never played it. Cyan didn't seem like a bad character. It's just I far preferred Terra, Celes, Locke, Shadow and the Figaro brothers. I can't remember much about him bar his awesome music theme and the whole poisoned river thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom