• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lasdrub

I might need to play FFVI again. I never replayed it because my disc broke and even though I bought it again on PSN, I never played it. Cyan didn't seem like a bad character. It's just I far preferred Terra, Celes, Locke, Shadow and the Figaro brothers. I can't remember much about him bar his awesome music theme and the whole poisoned river thing

The ps1 version is rough. Good on you for even playing through that. If you have a Wii or Wii U the VC version is the best.

MicH

I'm only playing the events in this game. Haven't cleared many elites at all. Haven't even gotten a level 50 yet and I started day 1. I'm ashamed :p

Falk

that puzzling face
Celes Event:
t1430614800z0.png

0/78 Stamina timing:
t1430600700z0.png

Cyan is a reward for simply playing through the classic paintings I believe.

Shahed

The ps1 version is rough. Good on you for even playing through that. If you have a Wii or Wii U the VC version is the best.
N64 was my first Nintendo console so never played anything before that. So my first experience of FFIV-VI was on the PS1 ports. I quite enjoyed them for what they were and couldn't really remember anything bad about them. I was like 10-12 at the time though. It wasn't until years later when I played Chrono Trigger on the DS and compared it to the PSN version that I realised how bad they were! I'd find it difficult to play the PS1 versions now, but back then when I had nothing to compare them with I loved them.

Looking forward to the new event when I wake up tomorrow.

Got very few elites to do now. Nearly on 76 stamina. Got plenty of money. It's one thing I never need to worry about. Would love to hone Bladeblitz to lvl2 but Greater Wind Orbs are rare.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
What's with the Cyan hate? He rocked! You just had to skip his turn so he went last while everyone else charged up again or just used the first sword tech that didn't take any charge time. He wasn't the absolute best, but he wasn't like Gau or something.

cyanquadraslam.gif

Wow this is opposite world.

Gau is actually probably one of the best characters in the game in the game, you just need to understand how to use him, which most people don't. Right off the bat, Stray Cat does more damage than anything any character has. Trilium casts bio well before you can learn it. Rhinox casts Life3. Behemoth cases Meteor well before you learn it. And then once you're in the WoR forget about it, Flare, Pearl, Pearl Wind, Merton, Flare Star, and then the totally broken Charm status which hits with 100% accuracy on every enemy in the game. Charm is not confuse. Confuse only lasts until something hits the enemy.

Cyan on the other hand has extremely poor stats (lowest natural magic, bad equipment), and his special ability pales in comparison to everyone else. In terms of being able to dish out damage, Edgar or Sabin will always be a better option. The worst thing is that the further along the game you are, the worst the problem becomes. It's even clear to me if you fixed the charge time mess that he'd be any good. If he's not the weakest character in the game he's pretty close (I mean, Umaro sucks, Relm sucks).

You can always tell whether someone actually managed to figure out FF6's battle system or if they just grinded their way through the game because it's easy to do so. ;)

RalchAC

Hi guys!

I've started playing this game recently and the last unlocked area I got was around 15 difficulty in FFVI. The party members I use are at level 20 aprox and I think I have the last 2 levels in the Terra event still left. Haven't tried those two, but with >10 stamina cost they look quite hard :p

I have a couple of doubts.

- Are the Classic FF classes worth using? So far they don't seem that useful.

- My current party members are Tidus, Cloud, Terra, Kain and your librarian dude. I have Wakka and Rydia but I don't use them much.

- My priority with the skills is getting more uses of the basic spells instead of creating multiple copies. Am I doing it right?

- I'm basically saving every piece of equipment I get in order to evolve it and use that synergy thing on the equipment pieces. It boost ATK a lot. Should I keep and improve everything? Ignore 1* pieces and improve only the ones that are 2* or better? Or just ignore everything that isn't >=3*?

- (I just reminded a new one). How do you get money? Selling stuff? I'm doing that the Normal Gil Plains as much as I can but I can't help but feel I'm doing something terribly wrong.

I think that's all. Thanks in advance for your answers.

PS: I never thought the day when I would like mobile gamming while arrive. But here I am, playing both this game and Treasure Cruise regularly :p

KTO

I'm basically saving every piece of equipment I get in order to evolve it and use that synergy thing on the equipment pieces. It boost ATK a lot. Should I keep and improve everything? Ignore 1* pieces and improve only the ones that are 2* or better? Or just ignore everything that isn't >=3*?
I personally think you are doing this wrong I wouldn't combine any equipment. If its low level stuff you aren't using (Im talking below 4*) just sell it. The low level stuff you are using i would upgrade to its max base level and then stop and get rid of it when you draw something better. It may not make sense where you are at in the game but gil is the actual limiting factor when it comes to upgrades not inventory materials.
Everything else you are doing sounds about right.

Hi guys!

I've started playing this game recently and the last unlocked area I got was around 15 difficulty in FFVI. The party members I use are at level 20 aprox and I think I have the last 2 levels in the Terra event still left. Haven't tried those two, but with >10 stamina cost they look quite hard :p

I have a couple of doubts.

- Are the Classic FF classes worth using? So far they don't seem that useful. Not really

- My current party members are Tidus, Cloud, Terra, Kain and your librarian dude. I have Wakka and Rydia but I don't use them much. Rydia is pretty good, and she has a lot of good equipment available. Fills about the same kind of role as Terra though

- My priority with the skills is getting more uses of the basic spells instead of creating multiple copies. Am I doing it right? More uses are usually better. There's only a couple of skills you would want multiple copies of anyway.

- I'm basically saving every piece of equipment I get in order to evolve it and use that synergy thing on the equipment pieces. It boost ATK a lot. Should I keep and improve everything? Ignore 1* pieces and improve only the ones that are 2* or better? Or just ignore everything that isn't >=3*? Improve what you can, because there aren't a whole lot of series that has equipment at all rarities. Also, the improved 1*++ weapons are pretty useful with synergy.

- (I just reminded a new one). How do you get money? Selling stuff? I'm doing that the Normal Gil Plains as much as I can but I can't help but feel I'm doing something terribly wrong. Gil plains is the best way. Hard is a lot better; and you can try just unloading all your skills on the first level and then retreating the dungeon to try to clear it.

I think that's all. Thanks in advance for your answers.

PS: I never thought the day when I would like mobile gamming while arrive. But here I am, playing both this game and Treasure Cruise regularly :p

answers above

Falk

that puzzling face
Generally, the Hard dallies are way more efficient than Normal, but are a bit of a power level hurdle when you're just starting out. You should be able to go through all the Classic content nonstop though with some read-up prep on bosses, which will then allow you to tackle some of the easier Elites, which then allows you to craft some decent abilities just from clear/Mastery reward orbs.

Unfortunately due to the way Realm Synergy works, a lot of the gear you get (even 1*s) remains useful for a while. You can safely pawn off XII and IX gear since those worlds aren't coming anytime soon, but be aware that fully combined/upgraded 1* gear with record synergy can be on par statwise with non-record-synergy 4* gear.*

And contrary to the post after yours, once you're past the Hard daily hurdle and can farm all of the different types (or at least the first stage of each over and over by blowing all your abilities) Gil is hardly the limiting factor. Most of us that have cleared all content are sitting on 6 digit Gil.

*edit: As a practical example, consider a Kunai++ IV (1*++ combined twice, upgraded) which gives 74ATK in IV realms and 21 outside of IV realms, vs a Swordbreaker VI (4* native) giving 114ATK in VI realms and 57 outside.

Hence the Kunai would be better in IV realms.

Red Mage

Wow this is opposite world.

Gau is actually probably one of the best characters in the game in the game, you just need to understand how to use him, which most people don't. Right off the bat, Stray Cat does more damage than anything any character has. Trilium casts bio well before you can learn it. Rhinox casts Life3. Behemoth cases Meteor well before you learn it. And then once you're in the WoR forget about it, Flare, Pearl, Pearl Wind, Merton, Flare Star, and then the totally broken Charm status which hits with 100% accuracy on every enemy in the game. Charm is not confuse. Confuse only lasts until something hits the enemy.

Cyan on the other hand has extremely poor stats (lowest natural magic, bad equipment), and his special ability pales in comparison to everyone else. In terms of being able to dish out damage, Edgar or Sabin will always be a better option. The worst thing is that the further along the game you are, the worst the problem becomes. It's even clear to me if you fixed the charge time mess that he'd be any good. If he's not the weakest character in the game he's pretty close (I mean, Umaro sucks, Relm sucks).

You can always tell whether someone actually managed to figure out FF6's battle system or if they just grinded their way through the game because it's easy to do so. ;)

I agree with all of this, except that Relm has the best natural Magic stat.

Also, if you're playing the SNES version, Wind God Gau is an option.

You know how I've been farming Humbaba for GWO for more Bladeblitz? Humbaba also drops Mythril Sword IV (2*) and I've gotten enough of them to outfit an army at this point with my sustained farming.

Guess what I got from my free pull today

image.php

I was farming for wind orbs from Humbaba and it took so long I had over a million in the bank from him. Love that fat bastard.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I agree with all of this, except that Relm has the best natural Magic stat.

She does, but she has shit for equipment, which is why by the time you really want to exploit her magic stat you're better off with Terra or Celes. Anyway, we can both agree that Cyan sux.

Falk

that puzzling face
Alright this is starting to get ridiculous. I've done over 40 pulls now and not a single 5 star an people get 4 in 1 pull??

Heh. .9^40 is 0.01478088294143459233160832102064 or a ~1.5% chance of happening, too.

I'm not that far behind, only 1 5*, playing since week 2

:(

RalchAC

Thanks for the answers!

I've sold all the FFXII equipment I had (which was over 10 pieces of gear). I'll focus on upgrading the FFVI and IV stuff, since it seems they are the ones that have more levels currently.

I'll do the first level on Hard Chocobo Plains as much as posible then and tomorrow I'll probably spend half the time on the EXP dungeon and half the time clearing the current normal stages.

I'll wait until I have 50 mythril in order to do the pull 11 for the cost of 10 pulls like everybody here does.

And I'll definitely start paying more attention to the dailies since you can get mats for creating new magic and improving your gear. Until now I was happy clearing the current missions and doing the event stuff for getting Terra. Hopefully I'll be able to do the hard dailies soon enough.

KTO

Thanks for the answers!

And I'll definitely start paying more attention to the dailies since you can get mats for creating new magic and improving your gear. Until now I was happy clearing the current missions and doing the event stuff for getting Terra. Hopefully I'll be able to do the hard dailies soon enough.
don't even worry about clearing them. You can get more gil just wiping out after the first battle on hard than you can doing the entire thing on medium. It's a definite ramp up in difficulty but if you burn all your abilities it should be doable even if your party is only around lvl 20

Wilsongt

RNGesus hates me. The only 5* I have pulled has been the Regal Gown. The only 4* I have pulled have been Platinum Dagger and Cat Claws...

Spocker

Remember to use your free daily pull before the next event goes live, you most certainly will get another one for today once that is active.

Roto13

Remember to use your free daily pull before the next event goes live, you most certainly will get another one for today once that is active.

That's a thing? So many pulls I have wasted.
Half the time I forget to do the regular free daily pull.

Highest i've pulled has been a 4 star, making it hard to progress at this point. But I've been holding onto the mythril lately and am at 45, hopefully the next event puts me over enough to roll something good.

Also whats the best way to level up, solo runs of xp dungeons or something? All my characters are kinda peaking at 30ish.

Vorpal

7 star enhancer here we come!

Like other posters, I think it would be way more helpful to spread those Enhancers out across your party. That being said, I'm really curious to know what ungodly amount of money it will cost when you do decide to combine them

Roto13

Highest i've pulled has been a 4 star, making it hard to progress at this point. But I've been holding onto the mythril lately and am at 45, hopefully the next event puts me over enough to roll something good.

Also whats the best way to level up, solo runs of xp dungeons or something? All my characters are kinda peaking at 30ish.

EXP is divided evenly so there's not really any reason to use less than five people in the EXP dungeon (which doesn't have synergy with anyone) unless you really want to level up specific characters fast.

On days besides Saturday, it's generally most efficient to grind only characters with synergy in their native dungeons, with the possible exception of Final Fantasy VII and X characters because their levels are pretty easy with low EXP yield. Which painting that is varies from realm to realm. For example, the most stamina-efficient way to level Cyan, Terra, and Celes is the Classic Vector painting, stage 2. (20 enemies per run, with low stamina cost.) KEep in mind that stamina cost doesn't correlate directly with EXP. Spending more stamina will not always give you more EXP.

elty

Like other posters, I think it would be way more helpful to spread those Enhancers out across your party. That being said, I'm really curious to know what ungodly amount of money it will cost when you do decide to combine them

Enhancer is a magic sword so you don't need 2 unless you have multiple fencing mage.

I've only ever done 3 individual pulls in the gacha. I got one of each 3, 4 and 5 star items. If I never do another pull, my odds will remain significantly better than everyone else in this thread :p

Vorpal

Enhancer is a magic sword so you don't need 2 unless you have multiple fencing mage.

True enough. It just seems like a useful alternative if KTO is lacking RS weapons for VI (although it looks like there's a Maneater in that pull too).

The next event is FF6...much better to keep all 3 and give them to 3 separate guys.

Th next event isn't going to be that hard though. I'd fuse them up personally, never worry about the short term unless you have specific reasons to believe it will make an immediate difference, imo

Shahed

I'd definitely fuse those into 7* Enhancer in my case if I somwhow got 2 more. Don't need the extras. In fact because of that, I'm not going to roll for Celes' weapon. I have too many FFVI weapons to the point I don't even use some of my 5* FFVI weapons. I'll save my Mythril for FFVIII, XIII or another world we don't have gear for yet.

KTO

Since it's being discussed what im going to do with all these enhancers: I didnt plan on combining them all for a while yet. Its probably going to take me forever to level one up and they have a slightly higher attack rating than the max lvl 3* swords ive been using. Also I didn't know not getting multiple 5*s in a pull was a thing and by posting that pic have probably angered rngesus and relegated myself to 3* hell for all eternity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom