• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
You mean it's possible to not one-shot those things? :D

Just finished all three difficulties. Don't have Celes yet though.
I keep being stingy even on hard for no reason, lol. I try to not waste even a single use of my honed double-cuts if I can cheese it on auto. I guess there's no need to hold back with how the stages in this event are structured though.

Roto13

I keep being stingy even on hard for no reason, lol. I try to not waste even a single use of my honed double-cuts if I can cheese it on auto. I guess there's no need to hold back with how the stages in this event are structured though.

They were the last enemies I fought on Hard and each of my Cecils KO'd one in one move. :p

Falk

that puzzling face
So for farming:

Reroll hard mode till the first stage shows a specific mob:

- For Memory Prisms, if No.024 is the first guy, you'll get another No.024 or No.128 on 5th floor, No.128 on 7th floor and Proto Armor on 8th floor for massive amounts of Memory Prism
- For XP, just keep rerolling till Flans are on the first floor. 15k XP for 4 stamina sup. (Then you abandon and repeat only the first floor with Flans)

Ashodin

fuck yeah Falchion 4* finally, 5* soon!

Rydia Level 50!

kzc0t.jpg

Vorpal

Finally done with stupid work. Now it's time to blow all of this stamina in something like 15-20 minutes. C'mooooon Celes!

Ashodin

The FFRK subreddit is something else man. Spreadsheets on spreadsheets.

Edit: yeahhhhhhhhhhhh that No.24 thing is legit, 2000 more memory crystals on top of a regular run? Why would you NOT do it?

Hmmm
Disappointing..
3000 haul from going through easy, normal and hard...and it was a piece if cake. Auto battled the whole thing. Had Aerith and Terra hitting them with sticks coz it just seemed more time efficient.

I thought you'd be able to gamble your whole haul and that would add a risk..but its just what you earn in each dungeon that's on the line...so no risk at all.

At least the music is good. The feels...the feels man.

Alright! Celes acquired, one easy normal and two hards, no waiting for stam refill. Five star falchion. 8500 or so mem crystals. Any decent drops? I've gotten a crappy knife/dagger 3 times and a few decent 3 star orbs. That sequence starting with 024 is actually tough, though you can fire all of your skills on the penultimate round, the finale is easy peasy.

Bisonian

Hmmm
Disappointing..
3000 haul from going through easy, normal and hard...and it was a piece if cake. Auto battled the whole thing. Had Aerith and Terra hitting them with sticks coz it just seemed more time efficient.

I thought you'd be able to gamble your whole haul and that would add a risk..but its just what you earn in each dungeon that's on the line...so no risk at all.

At least the music is good. The feels...the feels man.

Yeah I thought someone said the Celes event was actually going to be hard. Starting to doubt this game will ever require any of the min-maxing, save scumming, or other tricks people seem to want to latch on to.

Ashodin

BRUH. I NEED MORE STAM.

Yeah I thought someone said the Celes event was actually going to be hard. Starting to doubt this game will ever require any of the min-maxing, save scumming, or other tricks people seem to want to latch on to.

It was hard because JP didn't have Record Synergy, nor websites that have the entire thing laid out before in advance so we can prepare like fucking Batman

Shahed

Damn 300 Orbs short of getting Celes. I probably should have skipped Easy and Normal and gotten her first.

And getting 200k memories will be such a slog. I was hoping they'd neef the requirements like the Aerith event

Falk

that puzzling face

Unless you've honed the shit out of some abilities or are loaded with 5* gear, you're going to have problems with the farming method (you have to fight 3 of No.024 or 128 in a single run)

Maybe learn to read?

And this is with Record Synergy too.

So the goal is to have No. 24 show up as the enemy for the first battle, right? Just want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly because in about 10 resets I've only seen Onion Knight and Flan

Basically, yeah. On Hard mode, obviously.

Damn 300 Orbs short of getting Celes. I probably should have skipped Easy and Normal and gotten her first.

And getting 200k memories will be such a slog. I was hoping they'd neef the requirements like the Aerith event

I'm not gonna bother, still drowning in Gil. Just gonna grab the 4* Orbs I want, then switch to farming XP (15k for 4 stam why not)

elty

Any good strategy to beat no 24? I can kill it without problem but it takes a long time as I conserve my skill and it is rather annoying.

Falk

that puzzling face
Is No. 24 really rare? Rerolled close to 30 times, can't get him.

Pretty rare, yeah. Flan and Onion Knights seem to be the most common, with Ifrit or 24 showing up occasionally.

But it's totes worth it! Anything is better than the Magicite turn-in UI

5ZSoDw1.jpg

8th and 11th restart respectively for me (on my 2nd run now)

It's 15k EXP for 4 stam (but yeah still better than Sunday dungeon)

Whoops! I'm on crack. Yeah, 15k. Edited prev posts.

Vorpal

Basically, yeah. On Hard mode, obviously.

Okay, cool.

Is No. 24 really rare? Rerolled close to 30 times, can't get him.

I'm having a hard time getting him to show up too. I've seen Ifrit a few times, and I had a string of Proto Armors, but otherwise it's Flan and Onion Knights all day errday

Edit: Time to turn off the BGM before I hate the openings to two of my favorite FFVI songs

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I got No. 24 on the first level the first time I ran on hard and was confused because he was pretty strong and I didn't know the floors were randomized, haha.

Don't have the patience to reroll though. I'm just happy I have something new to mindlessly burn my stamina on since I'm done with the current elites.

elty

Assuming 32 stamina = 4000 points

After Celes (8000 point)
10000 = 3x Growth egg = 16 stamina
15000 = Greater Ice orb = 40 stamina
20000 = Greater Holy orb = 40 stamina
30000 = Greater Ice orb = 80 stamina
40000 = Greater Holy orb = 80 stamina
60000 = Greater Ice orb = 160 stamina
80000 = Greater Holy orb = 160 stamina
100000 = Hero ring = 160 stamina
150000 = greater growth egg = 400 stamina
200000 = Major holy orb = 400 stamina

Maybe I will only bother with the 20000 point reward.

The FFRK subreddit is something else man. Spreadsheets on spreadsheets.

Edit: yeahhhhhhhhhhhh that No.24 thing is legit, 2000 more memory crystals on top of a regular run? Why would you NOT do it?

what about no 24? I didn't even see him on hard mode.

edit:
Oh so the fights are random. Did not realize that. I didn't face no 24 once on hard but then faced him twice in a row on normal.

If luck is a factor on payout, man, I am facing 3 bosses in a row on normal. I didn't get this luck on hard.

Bisonian

Unless you've honed the shit out of some abilities or are loaded with 5* gear, you're going to have problems with the farming method (you have to fight 3 of No.024 or 128 in a single run)

Maybe learn to read?

I auto attacked through one that had two Shiva/Ifrits and a 024 in a row, and one that had S/I, 024, and 128 at different waves. I think I'll be just fine no matter what I end up with. It's OK to admit that the game is more or less a glorified idle/clicker RPG a lot of the times.

I appreciate your concern, though. Not sure why your reply had to get chippy, but whatever.

Falk

that puzzling face
what about no 24? I didn't even see him on hard mode.

edit:
Oh so the fights are random. Did not realize that.

Actually, no, the point is the fights aren't random. The fights follow a bunch of prescripted sets. The sets you get are random though. Meaning if 24 is the first stage you're guaranteed 4.5k or 5k Memory Prisms for 32stam.

why your reply had to get chippy, but whatever.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Eh, for the most part it definitely is an autobattle venture. Then you have stuff like Magissa/Forza, or the EX dungeons later on. Granted, gacha luck does severely affect how hard the game is, which kinda devalues actual strategy, but then again if you're saying you breezed through the Hard set that has two No.24s, good for you. You're well prepared. Not everyone has been playing from the start, has been honing abilities/VI gear, has levelled characters past 40, or simply aren't as aware of game mechanics like Record Synergy.

Ashodin

Actually, no, the point is the fights aren't random. The fights follow a bunch of prescripted sets. The sets you get are random though. Meaning if 24 is the first stage you're guaranteed 4.5k or 5k Memory Prisms for 32stam.

yessir

Wazzy

Banned
This event isn't too bad. I'm close to getting Celes already.

Once VIII's first event get's released I'm going to freak the fuck out. :D

Ashodin

So apparently new abilities got released today, one of which is kirin.

Edit: and next tier spellstrikes

Got a list of all the new ones?

Edit: oh Shit Kirin, GOT IT

Black Magic (new)?
  • Death 4*
  • Dark 3*
  • Drain 3*

White Magic
  • Silencega 3*
  • Protectga 4*
  • Slowga* 4*

Physical
  • Venom Buster 3*
  • Mental Breakdown 4*
  • Magic Breakdown 4*
  • Shadowbind 4*
  • Quick Hit 5*

Summons
  • Kirin 2*
  • Maduin 4*
  • Odin 5*

Other
  • Fira Strike 3*
  • Blizzara Strike 3*

Shahed

Gonna get Celes to touching 40 before I carry on with farming memories

Damn the breakdowns are Support and not Combat like normal Breaks. Gonna have to use Tidus or Wakka :(

And I'm gonna skip the Ra Spellblade moves and go straight for the Ga's when they release. Not enough of an upgrade and I'd rather use the Orbs elsewhere

Has the Flan exp grinding trick been posted here yet?

Basically just keep starting the Hard version of the event and if the first fight isn't the Flan group, then retreat (without starting the fight of course) then start the event again. Costs 0 stamina and gives more experience than the Hard daily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom