• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashodin

Has the Flan exp grinding trick been posted here yet?

Basically just keep starting the Hard version of the event and if the first fight isn't the Flan group, then retreat (without starting the fight of course) then start the event again. Costs 0 stamina and gives more experience than the Hard daily.

Yep, best spot to level chars until it's over!

Shahed

Basically just keep starting the Hard version of the event and if the first fight isn't the Flan group, then retreat (without starting the fight of course) then start the event again. Costs 0 stamina and gives more experience than the Hard daily.
Yeah. I'm using Summoner to not only level him and WHM up, but because with Dragon he one shots all 5 at once. I suppose Bladeblitz and Quake would do the same, but I can't afford them

Road

No. 24 is so annoying. One because RNGod hates me (no 5* club represent) so I had to restart like 50 times to get him, then his form with absurd 433 defense takes a lot of time to kill. Also, counter 30% of the time...

I guess you're supposed to use the right magic weakness, but what is the secret to exploit his forms?

And I need to farm Greater Earth Orb urgently. Protectga, I see you.

Falk

that puzzling face
If you can't alpha strike him before the first barrier goes up, yeah, you're supposed to spam different elements till you get the one he's weak against. Since he starts healing himself at low HP it can get really annoying really fast.

Is anyone going for the Major Holy Orb? Once I have Celes I think I'm just going to kill flans 24/7

I'm gonna get the Hero Ring, I guess. Should take ~700 stam, or 35 hours worth of recharge and you get a bunch of guaranteed 4* orbs out of it too. Not like there's much else going on anyway.

After that, yeah, flans all the way.

Wazzy

Banned

So No.24 isn't the better one to restart for? I'm going to try flan trick if it isn't. xD

SunGod

So No.24 isn't the better one to restart for? I'm going to try flan trick if it isn't. xD

No. 24 for the best run through the dungeon collecting memories.

Flans for a one off fight which gives better EXP/stam than anything in the game (including Sunday's hard dungeon)

Falk

that puzzling face
Go back out. The point is 15k xp for 4 stam. Even if you go all the way down the Memory Prism payout isn't anywhere close to the No.24 set.

SunGod

I'm gonna get the Hero Ring, I guess. Should take ~700 stam, or 35 hours worth of recharge and you get a bunch of guaranteed 4* orbs out of it too. Not like there's much else going on anyway.

After that, yeah, flans all the way.

Actually yeah that's not bad at all. I think I'll do the same :)

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Changed my mind and decided to reroll for No. 24. Can't resist the memory allure, plus rerolling is super quick in this case since it doesn't require restarting the app or other bs like that.

well, I can now run celes through the flans solo, ohk on auto, that should greatly speed things up to level her. level 30 already. With a regal Gown and Crystal Sword, it is quite easy. Going to get her to 40 then start the memory grind full time. Ideally will use the flans to level everyone to 40 at minimum, but that may be too obnoxious. My named party level is averaged at 40, the others, around 12, so it will be a slog.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
SE should get the corporate synergy going and do quick special sales for the respective mobile games when we get their events. I was listening to Devil's Lab with the app running while waiting for the stamina to go from 3 to 4 and now I'm jonesing for some mobile FFVI, even if I'm not thrilled with the new graphics.

Ashodin

utRHlmcl.png

WE IN THERE

Pejo

Hmm so Celes gets a resistance buff limit break, 2 star white and block magic and full spellblade. Right above Kain on attack strength. I guess she's replacing him then, unless some super awesome dragoon ability comes out sometime soon.

Vorpal

I still haven't found No. 24, but taking the occasional Flan battle gives me time to regain some stamina. Not too bad.

Edit: A No. 24! LET'S DO THIS

Vorpal

No. 24 is rare? I have fought it in probably 2/3 of my runs (in Normal dungeon).

I'm talking about rerolling the Hard dungeon specifically for No. 24 to appear as the first enemy. Seems like standard RNG fare.

Soul Sabre's ability seems really circumstantial. Does anyone know how long it lasts? Does it attract enemy magic a la Cover/Guard or do you have to hope for an enemy to nuke Celes?

Yeah there are 4*s in the future, but I've heard nothing of 5*s.

Ohh, yea. AFAIK nothing. They're just rare rewards from events, so you need to muster up everything you have to get them. Maybe they coudl be rare drops from EX bosses, similar to how 4* ones are rare drops from Elite bosses.

Is it better to level up these Falchions and keep them all or combine them?

Depends entirely on if you have other vi swords or other weapons. You should have a great sword from the previous event, so if you've pulled another couple vi weapons you should combine the falchion. Vi weapons are falling from the sky for me, so it was a no brainer combine, and now have a pretty golden picture to add to the top of my inventory.

B.K.

I just accidentally sold a four star weapon while going through my inventory selling junk to clear space. I didn't even know I had it selected. :/

For all the people that can't find No. 24, it seems like I can't do a run without running into him multiple times. Sounds nice, but it's actually annoying because of his stupid Barrier Change, which drags out the fights endlessly. :/

Ashodin

For all the people that can't find No. 24, it seems like I can't do a run without running into him multiple times. Sounds nice, but it's actually annoying because of his stupid Barrier Change, which drags out the fights endlessly. :/

You need him to be the first fight because each "setup" of the whole Hard dungeon run through is based off the first fight. Thus, if you find No. 24 first, you are guaranteed at least 4000 Memory.

You need him to be the first fight because each "setup" of the whole Hard dungeon run through is based off the first fight. Thus, if you find No. 24 first, you are guaranteed at least 4000 Memory.
It's good if you can get it, but when you're trying to train up some lower level people, running into him multiple times is a chore. I've got Celes now though so I'm just gonna Flan farm a bit before trying to do some high Memory runs.

duckroll

I don't get this Celes event. I've gone though Easy and Normal now, and I barely have 800 memory. Is this going to be a huge grindfest or am I missing something?

I don't get this Celes event. I've gone though Easy and Normal now, and I barely have 800 memory. Is this going to be a huge grindfest or am I missing something?

Just like the other events, the harder the difficulty, the higher the scale. Hard easily eclipses easy and normal gains

I had to stop farming memories and get some gil from the daily. I need to upgrade/combine my VI gear. Need more DPS for No. 24. Especially if I'm going to fighting him multiple times in one dungeon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom