• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

Just like the other events, the harder the difficulty, the higher the scale. Hard easily eclipses easy and normal gains

Yes but with Aerith a single run through Normal was enough to claim her. If I'm unable to beat Hard (I dunno, haven't bothered to try yet) then it looks like it'll be 10+ grinds through Normal, which.... doesn't sound fun?

Yes but with Aerith a single run through Normal was enough to claim her. If I'm unable to beat Hard (I dunno, haven't bothered to try yet) then it looks like it'll be 10+ grinds through Normal, which.... doesn't sound fun?

If you can't do Hard yet, you'd be better off going through the story content and coming back to it later rather than just grinding out Normal.

Nope, it doesn't. Also, my best party doesn't seem like it can clear Hard (early 40's). Am I doing it wrong or is Flan farming in my future?

Also, I watched the Flam farming PSA a few posts up. 5x netted Celes ~5k XP in a two-person party in the video. Weird. Terra just netted ~5k XP in my five-person party. What gives?

thedan001

So I've been using my C team for Celes event
Theyre all lv30-35 and does hard mode clear fine

If flan pops first stage, I clear them out and retreat for exp
Clear rest if #24 pops until 200k then I'll just farm exp or farm black orbs since 3* aga's and spellblades need those

Falk

that puzzling face
It's good if you can get it, but when you're trying to train up some lower level people, running into him multiple times is a chore. I've got Celes now though so I'm just gonna Flan farm a bit before trying to do some high Memory runs.

Sigh, the moment information goes one page behind it needs to get reexplained again:

1) For simply levelling people, the Flans on Hard award 15k XP for 4 stamina. (Let's say you flub everything and barely make it through, it's still 7.5k for 4 stamina which is absurd and on par with the hard XP daily) You do reroll the Hard mode till Flans show up on the first stage, do it, quit, repeat. You're doing it wrong if you're fighting anything else. You're doing it wrong if you're running into No.24.

2) The No.24 thing people are talking about is trying to get him to appear on the first stage, which awards you either 4.2k Memory Prisms or 5k Memory Prisms for the entire 8 floors or 32 stam. This is by far (about 80% above the 2nd highest alternative) the most Memory Prisms per stamina point. Again, if you're running into No.24 randomly but not in the first stage, you're doing it wrong because it defeats the whole purpose of gaining a shit ton of Memory Prisms.

Both apply to Hard, obviously. In terms of simply levelling people, rerolling for Flans and clearing it for the absurd XP/stam is easier than clearing the Hard daily if you have any form of AOE (outside of Quake which they absorb)

edit: I know you get it, just repeating the info for people who might read your post wrongly. No offense!

Sigh, the moment information goes one page behind it needs to get reexplained again:

1) For simply levelling people, the Flans on Hard award 15k XP for 4 stamina. (Let's say you flub everything and barely make it through, it's still 7.5k for 4 stamina which is absurd and on par with the hard XP daily) You do reroll the Hard mode till Flans show up on the first stage, do it, quit, repeat. You're doing it wrong if you're fighting anything else. You're doing it wrong if you're running into No.24.

2) The No.24 thing people are talking about is trying to get him to appear on the first stage, which awards you either 4.2k Memory Prisms or 5k Memory Prisms for the entire 8 floors or 32 stam. This is by far (about 80% above the 2nd highest alternative) the most Memory Prisms per stamina point. Again, if you're running into No.24 randomly but not in the first stage, you're doing it wrong because it defeats the whole purpose of gaining a shit ton of Memory Prisms.

Both apply to Hard, obviously. In terms of simply levelling people, rerolling for Flans and clearing it for the absurd XP/stam is easier than clearing the Hard daily if you have any form of AOE (outside of Quake which they absorb)
I know all this, I was just talking about how fighting No. 24 multiple times a run isn't really fun with underleveled character. I wasn't trying to do a high Memory run that time, just get through.

Falk

that puzzling face
Also this event has no farmable summon orbs still. :|

I feel even more guilty for not farming the shit out of Mt Ordeals now.

Xetherion

It is really annoying to have the thread cluttered up with the same questions over and over again. I really hope a lot of the information that's been repeatedly given out in this thread is put in the OP when we start a new thread. At the very least, it needs to have in large bold font, "YES, RECORD SYNERGY FOR GEAR REALLY IS A HUGE BOOST".

duckroll

Even with the grinding, this event probably has way less frustration and time wasting compared to Aerith simply because WE DON'T HAVE TO DELIVER JACK SHIT TO DR. MOG! Lol.

Hige

This event requires a lot more monitoring though. With the Aerith event you could just auto battle your way through. I'm finding the constant resetting for Flans/24 really tedious.

Wazzy

Banned
Flan farming is really easy and nets you not just tons of exp, but also a bunch of lesser and regular wind orbs. Love it.
Same! My whole party should reach 50 by tomorrow. They would have already if I had been playing more but Treasure Cruise is my other addiction. lol

Oh snap...

xI826vul.jpg

Time to see if my team is beefy enough for the whole thing! I have just enough stamina too!

This event requires a lot more monitoring though. With the Aerith event you could just auto battle your way through. I'm finding the constant resetting for Flans/24 really tedious.
I've been pretty luck so far. I'd say 2 out of 3 times it's Flan fight for me. It does require a bit more monitoring, but it's still more enjoyable than the Aerith event. Probably because the rewards are more immediate.

It's too bad there's only been one other "Survival" event in Japan so far, I think they're pretty fun.

Same! My whole party should reach 50 by tomorrow. They would have already if I had been playing more but Treasure Cruise is my other addiction. lol
It'll probably take me a bit longer, I'm focusing on getting Celes, Cyan and Terra to a good level, then I'm gonna use them to tackle the rest of the FFVI Elites. (After this event probably, I wanna try and squeeze as much exp. as possible out of it.)

Treasure Cruise is a One Piece thing right? I've seen a few screens and it looks pretty cool, but I've never really been into One Piece. I probably wouldn't be as successful juggling two games as you are, I'd get too sucked into one and neglect the other. XD

RalchAC

I was able to clear FFVII Elite stages! It's not an awesome feat, I know that, since the difficulty was slightly lower than the latest normal story missions I've done (15 in FFVII vs 18 in FFII/VI normal stages). But a nice 4* staff dropped and I got some good orbs, so I'm quite happy.

Will do the Easy and Normal EXP stages for the first time and master prizes and then I'll do what you recommended me yesterday (doing the first hard stage over and over again). Hopefully my main party can get to level 30.

Do events return after a month or two? I think I've missed some interesting ones, sadly. Like Aerith (started playing the game when it was about to end) and Tifa I think.

Treasure Cruise is a One Piece thing right? I've seen a few screens and it looks pretty cool, but I've never really been into One Piece. I probably wouldn't be as successful juggling two games as you are, I'd get too sucked into one and neglect the other. XD

The OP game doesn't consume as much time as RK, but at the same time you can't just autopilot and do other stuff. The stamina cooldown is 1 point every 10 minutes. Once your pirate level reachs level 50 or so you won't level up as often, so you won't get as many free stamina refills and you'll be pretty much set playing half an hour in the morning and another half an hour before going to bed. The game is complex enough for what it is, with the rock-paper scissors mechanic, the different Captain effects and the different skills. Especially if you have bad luck like me. Most of the characters I have are farmable, yet I'm able to clear all the content. That means a bigger degree of preparation that the people that has the best units in the game, but I'm OK with that. I like looking for ways to overcome my bad luck :p

I dunno how much charm the game would have if you haven't played One Piece though

Celes Get!

By the way, I saw a cool exp grinding tip on reddit for when you are farming flan. Grab a summoner (Rydia or Summoner), give them a good rod with lots of MGC+, and equip the Dragon or Shiva summon. You can wipe out the flan in one turn! Great for power leveling in a two-person party.

Nohar

8 relic pull. No 5*. 4 scepters (one 4*, others 3*), one freakin' silver harp, 1 hand weapon (3*), 2 bastard sword (3*, but at least I can fuse them together, and they are weapons from VI, perfect to farm Celes' event).

Fuck this :'(

Did a little of flan farming. Aerith will probably replace Tyro when she finally catches up. May level-up Cyan too (that is, until I get Celes). I've been unable to complete the Hard difficulty, lost on n°128 (7th fight)...

Ashodin

Celes Get!

By the way, I saw a cool exp grinding tip on reddit for when you are farming flan. Grab a summoner (Rydia or Summoner), give them a good rod with lots of MGC+, and equip the Dragon or Shiva summon. You can wipe out the flan in one turn! Great for power leveling in a two-person party.

imma do dis when I get my rewards I want.

zD9vzDCl.png

Speaking of which, here's my current 5* stuff

My B-team can auto-battle Normal, but gets roughed up a little bit in Hard.

I might as well repeat Normal to level them up for now, I've got not much else to do so no point in blasting through it with my A-team at the moment.

I'll have Celes after my next stamina fill anyway, so that's all that matters.

MicH

How are you supposed to farm these again? I don't get it. I'm barely getting any from completing the stages. I can just barely take out No. 24 on Hard and even then I don't get much on the first stage. I went through all three difficulties and only got 2500 points

How are you supposed to farm these again? I don't get it. I'm barely getting any from completing the stages. I can just barely take out No. 24 on Hard and even then I don't get much on the first stage. I went through all three difficulties and only got 2500 points
Depends what you're going for.

If it's experience, you want the first encounter on the Hard level to be the Flans. If it isn't, retreat and start again. (Since you can see the encounter beforehand, you won't waste any stamina.) When you get a Flan fight, defeat them, then retreat and start the event over again. Rinse and repeat. Flans give you tons of experience points and are pretty easy to defeat, so you can level up weaker character very easily this way. (Especially if you bring an AoE skill like Dragon or Shiva.)

If you're going for Memories, keep checking the first encounter on the Hard level for the No. 24 encounter. Just like with the Flans, if you don't get it as the first fight, retreat and start again. But unlike the Flans, when you do get No. 24 as the first encounter, you then want to complete the entire Hard event. You'll get the most Memories per staminia this way. (You can do this trick on the Normal level too, but you want No. 128 to be the first enemy for that one.) The reason this works is because the enemy mobs are pre-set once you start the event, and if you get No. 24 on Hard for the first encounter that means the entire run through will net the most Memories. (Same deal with No. 128 on Normal.)

Meneses

Even with the grinding, this event probably has way less frustration and time wasting compared to Aerith simply because WE DON'T HAVE TO DELIVER JACK SHIT TO DR. MOG! Lol.

Ain't that the motherlovin' truth, hope they never put that atrocious UI / lagfest in any event again.

MicH

Depends what you're going for.

If it's experience, you want the first encounter on the Hard level to be the Flans. If it isn't, retreat and start again. (Since you can see the encounter beforehand, you won't waste any stamina.) When you get a Flan fight, defeat them, then retreat and start the event over again. Rinse and repeat. Flans give you tons of experience points and are pretty easy to defeat, so you can level up weaker character very easily this way. (Especially if you bring an AoE skill like Dragon or Shiva.)

If you're going for Memories, keep checking the first encounter on the Hard level for the No. 24 encounter. Just like with the Flans, if you don't get it as the first fight, retreat and start again. But unlike the Flans, when you do get No. 24 as the first encounter, you then want to complete the entire Hard event. You'll get the most Memories per staminia this way. (You can do this trick on the Normal level too, but you want No. 128 to be the first enemy for that one.) The reason this works is because the enemy mobs are pre-set once you start the event, and if you get No. 24 on Hard for the first encounter that means the entire run through will net the most Memories. (Same deal with No. 128 on Normal.)
Thank you. I'm too weak to do the Hard one consistently so I'll probably have to grind up some FFVI characters

Falk

that puzzling face
Maybe they are unaware that the UI is garbage and when someone points it out we'll get free mythril again

ever the optimist

Shahed

Used all my Stamina after waking up on the Flans. Cyan hit 43, Terra 40 and Celes 33. Summoner and White Mage got to 34 as well. I'll probably do one more full Stamina run and then go back to memory crystals. Not sure how much I'll do but there's no way I hit 200k. Too much effort. They really should have made it a real survival and you carried on indefinitely until you died or retreated. As it is I'm pretty comfortable by the end and could go another 4-5 rounds.

I've got some bad news for you then, especially about the next event...
Kill me. To many events like those and the current one and I think I might give up on this game. Too monotonous and grindy :(

Falk

that puzzling face
Kill me. To many events like those and the current one and I think I might give up on this game. Too monotonous and grindy :(

Eh, many facets of the game in the JP version we don't even have yet (quests, EX dungeon, record materia, etc) and they're -still- getting new features.

johnsmith

remember me
Celes is pretty terrible. No combat or support skills. Only level 2 magic. Useless soul break. And to top it off she can't even use heavy armor, while Terra can!

Makes me sad because she's one of my favorite characters.

Shahed

I just want a higher difficulty Tier for Daily's and maybe events like Terra, Cecil and Tifa/Sephiroth to have hard versions on top. Mainly the former though. By the time you get neat to completing most of the Elites, the Hard Daily's are a waste of time. Need 3*'s by default with a chance of 4*. Even if it costs like 17-20 Stamina, it would still be worth it

Falk

that puzzling face
For what it's worth, the set of dailies in the Japanese version have periodically changed.

While I'm not 100% positive since it's been a while, I'm -pretty- sure we started with what used to be their 2nd set (maybe to account for record synergy) and they're on something completely different again right now.

Used all my Stamina after waking up on the Flans. Cyan hit 43, Terra 40 and Celes 33. Summoner and White Mage got to 34 as well. I'll probably do one more full Stamina run and then go back to memory crystals. Not sure how much I'll do but there's no way I hit 200k. Too much effort. They really should have made it a real survival and you carried on indefinitely until you died or retreated. As it is I'm pretty comfortable by the end and could go another 4-5 rounds.

The vast majority of the events are the standard Challenge type, so you should be good. (I personally like the variety.)

Thanks for the help -ill use those :) I have Rydia with the Dragon Summon so it'll be easy
Definitely then. Remember there's some other summoners too if you want to spread the exp around.

MicH

What are some good abilities to equip Terra and Cyan with? I plan on using Terra, Cyan, Sephiroth , Aerith and Rydia/Cloud (since Terra is a black mage I might replace Rydia for this event)

Vorpal

What are some good abilities to equip Terra and Cyan with? I plan on using Terra, Cyan, Sephiroth , Aerith and Rydia/Cloud (since Terra is a black mage I might replace Rydia for this event)

I use Armor Break and Double Cut on Cyan, Fira and Quake on Terra. Armor Break helps everyone else burn down No. 24, Fira is for Ifrit/Shiva fights, and Quake is for taking out No. 128's arms. It's been pretty helpful setup for me.

Roto13

Ok, I've spent most of the last 45 minutes entering Hard mode and retreating to try to optimize memory farming. I'm definitely not playing the game this way. I'd rather not play it at all. I'm just going to run through whatever it gives me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom