• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Road

Yeah, I'm already sick of the Celes event and I only have 24k crystals...

I use Armor Break and Double Cut on Cyan, Fira and Quake on Terra. Armor Break helps everyone else burn down No. 24, Fira is for Ifrit/Shiva fights, and Quake is for taking out No. 128's arms. It's been pretty helpful setup for me.

Why are you fighting Irit/Shiva, though? =P

They're easy in any level anyway. I think Comet on Terra to deal with No. 24 is more useful. Wish I had more non-elemental orbs though...

Celes get!

This new type of collection event sucks. Now that I have my girl, I'm not gonna bother with it. The rewards aren't worth the boring grind fest.

Clunker

Ok, I've spent most of the last 45 minutes entering Hard mode and retreating to try to optimize memory farming. I'm definitely not playing the game this way. I'd rather not play it at all. I'm just going to run through whatever it gives me.
The thing I've come to find is that this is the best, healthiest way to play F2P games. Obsessively trying to optimize for compeltion's sake is just maddening, and, frankly, is what the pay structure of most F2P games is specifically engineered to exploit. By just taking things more casually -- playing characters because I like them instead of because they're 3 percent more effective, or just using the gear I have instead of spending 30 minutes grinding for a slightly better dagger -- I'm enjoying the game a lot more.

I'm almost to Celes in this event, and I want to use her because I just like her. I'll see if she's worth using, but I also have Paladin Cecil in my party because I like him, even though he doesn't hit as hard as I'd like.

Negator

The most efficient way to play isn't necessarily the best way to enjoy the game. I would recommend just doing what you want to do.

I don't mind doing the whole reset thing, seeing as there's limited stamina anyway, but I can see not bothering if you're probably going to hit your goal anyway.

Sucks that Quake doesn't work on the Flans :(

I got my first 5 star! Noble dress! I was hoping for Terras' weapon.

How many memories do I need to get Celes? I can only do normal, as I'm only level 20.

Wazzy

Banned
Ok, I've spent most of the last 45 minutes entering Hard mode and retreating to try to optimize memory farming. I'm definitely not playing the game this way. I'd rather not play it at all. I'm just going to run through whatever it gives me.

Honestly, as long as your goal for this event is just to get Celes and the items that come before her you can play hard mode regularly without restarting( I find after two restarts that I usually upgrade to a better starting fight for more memory but if you get flans at least you get a huge amount of exp) and still enjoy the event enough.

My only gripe is the the slowness of everything in the menu's so restarting takes longer than it should, heh.

Roto13

The thing I've come to find is that this is the best, healthiest way to play F2P games. Obsessively trying to optimize for compeltion's sake is just maddening, and, frankly, is what the pay structure of most F2P games is specifically engineered to exploit. By just taking things more casually -- playing characters because I like them instead of because they're 3 percent more effective, or just using the gear I have instead of spending 30 minutes grinding for a slightly better dagger -- I'm enjoying the game a lot more.

I'm almost to Celes in this event, and I want to use her because I just like her. I'll see if she's worth using, but I also have Paladin Cecil in my party because I like him, even though he doesn't hit as hard as I'd like.

What's really weird about this is that there's not really a way to pay to make this go much faster. It's just kind of a lame event.

Honestly, as long as your goal for this event is just to get Celes and the items that come before her you can play hard mode regularly without restarting( I find after two restarts that I usually upgrade to a better starting fight for more memory but if you get flans at least you get a huge amount of exp) and still enjoy the event enough.

My only gripe is the the slowness of everything in the menu's so restarting takes longer than it should, heh.

I already have Celes and I would have liked to get that 5 star Holy orb but that ain't happening so I'm just going to keep playing it like a sane person and collecting those greater orbs until another event pops up. They're reachable playing casually.

I've taken Cyan and Celes up to lvl 50 with the flan trick, but seen that Number 24 only a handful of times during all that grinding.
When I go back to playing for the orbs, no way I'm holding out for him...way too rare. It would drive me nuts.

MicH

One Flan battle took Cyan and Terra to level 10. But at level 20 I can no longer level up that quickly anymore. How do you get them to 50 so quickly?

Wazzy

Banned
What's really weird about this is that there's not really a way to pay to make this go much faster. It's just kind of a lame event.

I already have Celes and I would have liked to get that 5 star Holy orb but that ain't happening so I'm just going to keep playing it like a sane person and collecting those greater orbs until another event pops up. They're reachable playing casually.

Ahhhh okay I thought you hadn't gotten her yet. It definitely is reachable with casual play. I'm just working on flan trick and it's already tiring so once I switch back to memory farming it's going to get tiring.

I do still like this event since it's something different.

Got lucky getting No.24 on my 3/4th roll, but took about 20+ attempts to get him next time. It's a bit of a drag this one and I think it's the worst event so far. Bring back Dr. Mog, all is forgiven!!

Not sure I can be bothered to grind and reroll this one for that long.

Bisonian

But man you are giving up on like 6% more memory per stamina! Think of the children!

One Flan battle took Cyan and Terra to level 10. But at level 20 I can no longer level up that quickly anymore. How do you get them to 50 so quickly?

From 20-40 one set of flans should level them up once a battle and from 41-50 it takes 2.
Not sure his its gonna be with non synergy characters though...I really wanna rank up Tudus and Wakka for when FFX comes around.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I'm rerolling but I've been lucky in that it never got past 15 consecutive restarts (I think) until I got No. 24 at the start of a hard run so far. I usually abhor rerolling in games but I don't mind it in this event since it's quick and I can do it while checking other things. Helps that there's a retreat option right on the screen where you see the first fight, so you don't have to do the back > camp > retreat process.

Spending over 30 minutes doing it waiting for him to show up is crazy though! Definitely not worth it. I agree with Negator, just play the game however you want, min-maxing can get old fast.

MicH

From 20-40 one set of flans should level them up once a battle and from 41-50 it takes 2.
Not sure his its gonna be with non synergy characters though...I really wanna rank up Tudus and Wakka for when FFX comes around.
Terra and Cyan are level 22 and it rakes about two or three Hard Flan battles for me to level them up. Huh?

Jarate

Banned
best way too level isto go into hard and hope the first battle is flans and just replay flans over and over again right?

This is an exaggeration. I'm mid 30s now and even taking Cyan alone to 1 shot them with Bladeblitz takes a few times to level. This whole process may be the most efficient way to use stamina to level but it's still monotonous and not as quick as I would've hoped.

Jarate

Banned
Ive found the most enjoyable way to do this phase is to use bluestacks and just play the game on your computer

have a youtube video going on while clicking auto battle lol

I can't stand reloading for flans or for the big run, so I just run my whole team and attack flans as they pop and retreat, then when the big guy shows I do the sequence. Will power level individuals later, but at least this way two of the enemy sets triggered something other than a restart and I'm using stamina and raising levels albeit slowly. At 25k crystals, the idea of needing 8 times this amount to finish is a bit mind numbing.

GAMERG0D

I find it much more tolerable to reset for the flans. I got a few of the 4* ice orbs but I don't think I'll go all the way. Might get the 4* egg, have 33k memory atm.

SunGod

Just went over 50,000 memory prisms. Half way to my goal!

I almost started farming Daggers from IX from the Terra event in preparation for the IX classic/elite dungeons but didn't do it in the end and I'm glad I didn't, I've already picked up 10 from this event alone :)

Razmos

Started updating my equipment and abilities today. Got the Dragon summon for Aerith and Double Slash for Sephiroth, and upgraded/combined a bunch of (mostly VI) equipment to 4-star.

I'll be getting my first 5-star weapon soon, I have a Falchion (VI) that I got from the relic draw when I first started playing, and this new event has 2 Falchions as rewards on the way to getting Celes, so that's going to help me a lot.

The menus feel slightly faster than the last time I really played, which is nice.

I almost started farming Daggers from IX from the Terra event in preparation for the IX classic/elite dungeons but didn't do it in the end and I'm glad I didn't, I've already picked up 10 from this event alone :)

I'm nearly at 20k with this run, but boy this is tedious.

Is there any other runs that give out a nice few thousand reward?

8 relic pull. No 5*. 4 scepters (one 4*, others 3*), one freakin' silver harp, 1 hand weapon (3*), 2 bastard sword (3*, but at least I can fuse them together, and they are weapons from VI, perfect to farm Celes' event).

Just did 22 pulls... a few 4*(I think 4 or 5) but that's it. I used up all the available mythril since the game came out and still not 5*. I just really wanted Celes weapon since she's my favorite character with Locke... Oh well!

Falk

that puzzling face

Yeah, this is going faster than expected. I'll probably stop at 100k tomorrow, then reevaluate in a few days if I want to go for the Major orb. There's not much else to do anyways.

So many people gaming this event and here I am just doing it au naturale.

I got Celes and really that's all I needed from this event... Those 4 star orbs don't necessarily look worth the time/effort to me when I'm still plowing through all available content pretty easily. Hell, the Celes event is being auto battled by a combination of my B and C team (and soon to be all C team once Aeris and Dark Cecil hit 50 in a level or two)

TheFatMan

This game is fantastic. Just started playing it a few days ago and I have to say it's the best Final Fantasy phone game you could hope for!

Roto13

But man you are giving up on like 6% more memory per stamina! Think of the children!

I was gettign 0 more memory per stamina point because I wasn't fighting anything! Number 24 wasn't showing up!

Keep restarting for flan is so tedious

The flans aren't *so* bad. They seem to come up really often. Like, if they're not the most common first enemy, they're the second most common behind the little clockwork knights.

SunGod

I'm nearly at 20k with this run, but boy this is tedious.

Is there any other runs that give out a nice few thousand reward?

I'm using the No. 24 method too, I don't think there are any better runs unfortunately.

Yeah, this is going faster than expected. I'll probably stop at 100k tomorrow, then reevaluate in a few days if I want to go for the Major orb. There's not much else to do anyways.

Yep after I hit that 100k I'm just going to level up characters, going to try and get all non-core characters to 50 and then see how willing I am to keep restarting the dungeon looking for No. 24 before deciding whether to go for 200k memory prisms or just level up the core characters too.

This game is fantastic. Just started playing it a few days ago and I have to say it's the best Final Fantasy phone game you could hope for!

I'm really enjoying it too! :)

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Just crossed the 50k line here too. I'll go all the way if No. 24 continues to be generous with his attendance.

DeviantBoi

I'm just doing the flans to level up my VI characters. I'm up to level 26 with them and I really haven't put much time into it.

So many people gaming this event and here I am just doing it au naturale.

I got Celes and really that's all I needed from this event... Those 4 star orbs don't necessarily look worth the time/effort to me when I'm still plowing through all available content pretty easily. Hell, the Celes event is being auto battled by a combination of my B and C team (and soon to be all C team once Aeris and Dark Cecil hit 50 in a level or two)
Yeah forget trying to game this event. The whole point of mobile games is that they are time wasters that barely need any attention, fun things to do while I'm doing other stuff. Not gunna ruin my fun just to farm some event as if this were an MMO or something. The rewards don't even seem worth it as I'm sure those 4* orbs will be available in upcoming content.

Falk

that puzzling face
making it a 'them' issue instead of a 'you' issue is just a subconscious way of denying you're gonna become fat

The Celes event sounded a lot worse then it actually is, already beat easy and normal I guess tomorrow I'll just do a mastery run of hard with the a team to hopefully get Celes, then start grinding the b/c team with Flans and Rydia nuking with Shiva.

6FC9rAJ.jpg
The repercussions of Flan mass genocide.

Pejo

Just reporting in that I'm doing my duty with exterminating flan as well. Almost finally got my "main" group to level 50. I might stop at 48 to have some reason for gain on the remaining elites. Afterwards going to continue grinding flan until i have a 2nd group as high as possible. I'm hoping Aerith can 1 shot the flan with Dragon so I don't have to dig Tyro out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom