• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lmao I just had to clear all the ones I stacked up.

Cloud and Tidus are almost 50!
I feel I should keep one just to honour them. XD

I'm working on Josef now, but I'll give everyone their chance at the Flan massacre. Tidus is apparently a really useful character according to the Japanese user base, so I'm sure he'll serve you well. :)

(And of course Cloud + Buster Sword is God Mode.)

If you mouse scroll past that picture, it looks like only the background is moving and not the icons. The massacred Flan should rest peacefully knowing that
RIP blobs. Thanks for the levels.

RalchAC

I don't like asking this kind of things, since the explanation is probably written a few pages ago even if I couldn't find it, but what's exactly that Flan farming thing?

I think I read the other day that it's a faster method to get EXP than the Sunday dungeon. I've guessed that you need to go to the Celes event too?

What do you have to do exactly?

chrono01

I don't like asking this kind of things, since the explanation is probably written a few pages ago even if I couldn't find it, but what's exactly that Flan farming thing?

I think I read the other day that it's a faster method to get EXP than the Sunday dungeon. I've guessed that you need to go to the Celes event too?

Basically lead with a character that can one-shot all of the Flan [I use Cloud with Bladeblitz, although the summons, such as Dragon/Shiva, work too] and the unit you want to level up. Begin the Celes event [Hard difficulty] and choose the first floor. If the first boss you get are the Flan, start the stage. If not, choose to Retreat and re-enter the event. Keep going until you get the Flan. When you do [and Champion the stage, which is easy to do, especially with Bladeblitz/summons], you get 15k+ XP split between the two characters, so 7.5k+ each.

I only started farming earlier this afternoon and I managed to level Terra from Level 28 to 42. It's amazing, especially for only 4 stamina per run. You also get a lot of Wind Orbs [Lesser and Standard] and more Broadswords than you'll know what to do with.

I'll just quote my previous post on the subject:

Depends what you're going for.

If it's experience, you want the first encounter on the Hard level to be the Flans. If it isn't, retreat and start again. (Since you can see the encounter beforehand, you won't waste any stamina.) When you get a Flan fight, defeat them, then retreat and start the event over again. Rinse and repeat. Flans give you tons of experience points and are pretty easy to defeat, so you can level up weaker character very easily this way. (Especially if you bring an AoE skill like Dragon or Shiva.)

If you're going for Memories, keep checking the first encounter on the Hard level for the No. 24 encounter. Just like with the Flans, if you don't get it as the first fight, retreat and start again. But unlike the Flans, when you do get No. 24 as the first encounter, you then want to complete the entire Hard event. You'll get the most Memories per staminia this way. (You can do this trick on the Normal level too, but you want No. 128 to be the first enemy for that one.) The reason this works is because the enemy mobs are pre-set once you start the event, and if you get No. 24 on Hard for the first encounter that means the entire run through will net the most Memories. (Same deal with No. 128 on Normal.)

RalchAC

Basically lead with a character that can one-shot all of the Flan [I use Cloud with Bladeblitz, although the summons, such as Dragon/Shiva, work too] and the unit you want to level up. Begin the Celes event [Hard difficulty] and choose the first floor. If the first boss you get are the Flan, start the stage. If not, choose to Retreat and re-enter the event. Keep going until you get the Flan. When you do [and Champion the stage, which is easy to do, especially with Bladeblitz/summons], you get 15k+ XP split between the two characters, so 7.5k+ each.

I only started farming earlier this afternoon and I managed to level Terra from Level 28 to 42. It's amazing, especially for only 4 stamina per run. You also get a lot of Wind Orbs [Lesser and Standard] and more Broadswords than you'll know what to do with.

I'll just quote my previous post on the subject:

Thanks for the tips! I fused a Dragon a while ago, so I guess I'll just equip the strongest magic weapon I have and try to do that.

The thing requires a lot of movement across the UI. And it makes even more noticeable how laggy it is. Is the JP version any better? Can we expect improvements or something?

chrono01

The thing requires a lot of movement across the UI. And it makes even more noticeable how laggy it is. Is the JP version any better? Can we expect improvements or something?
Not that I know of. I agree, the UI could use a lot of improvement. Not being able to group the items into specific realms [or, at the very least, have the number of the realm they're from in the corner of the item] is surprising. Also, scrolling through the item list take a while, so having a type of scroll bar on the side [to quickly go through the items] would be appreciated. At least the Japanese version will be receiving an option for multiple slots for different teams, so there's that to look forward to! I'm not sure if that included equipment pre-sets, though. I hope it does...

Maybe in time, though. I'm sure we'll eventually get a "Version 2" with a host of new improvements/features.

Red Mage

So, how long until we get Edgar? I know that we can't tell time-wise, but how many more events between now and then?

Shahed

Spent all yesterday on the Flans to boost some levels before going for memories. Got 35k so far after using all my stamina after waking up. 100k will actually be easy enough to hit. After that I'll try and get all the Non core characters plus BLM, SMN and WHM to 45 at least then probably go back in for more memories if I have time left.

Zee-Row

Banned
In the Celes event , how do you prevent those tanks from blinding your party on hard? It ruins my run everytime they get me.

In the Celes event , how do you prevent those tanks from blinding your party on hard? It ruins my run everytime they get me.
It's a counter move, so you need to defeat them with as few moves as possible. I use Thundara/Thundaga and my strongest melee fighters. Even on Hard they will go down with two hits.
is there a list/order of characters to use? kinda' stuck as to which team is the best.
It depends on your gear and abilities. The core characters are weaker and you also have to consider world synergy. You can check character stats at http://ffrk.kongbakpao.com/characters/character-ranking/

Falk

that puzzling face
I've gone off the deep end.

Got No.024 to spawn, went down the dungeon, beat the flans on the 3rd floor and retreated after that on autopilot because it was so rote to do so.

image.php

MicH

Finally got Celes. This is by far my least favorite event so far so I'm out. Hard is way too hard for me - can barely beat No. 24 with a team in early to late 40s. And if I do I have no abilities left!

Shahed

I've gone off the deep end.

Got No.024 to spawn, went down the dungeon, beat the flans on the 3rd floor and retreated after that on autopilot because it was so rote to do so.

image.php

Did something similar. The 2nd fight after either Flan or 024 are the first are the 5 Onion Knights. I was so used to clicking on them and retreating when farming exp that I did the same the very first time I got 024. It took me like 20 rerolls to get him back :(

Falk

that puzzling face
Man, levelling cores and other bad characters is hilarious. Do Flans when they come up, but I can do No.024 for Memory Prisms too - Stick Retaliate and Bladeblitz on someone with the best VI weapon I have, stick a bunch of double cuts on lowbies, use Retaliate to essentially blow up 024s in 2 turns.

And then the lowbies level up and recharge their double cuts.

Trying to farm Dark Orbs, heard of a couple good spots. Currently, I'm trying FFX - Zanarkland Elite. Is this the best spot? Any suggestions on a decent spot to get them? I just need 4 more to make Biora for Humbaba bullying.

Well, my first character to level 50 is cyan. Next will be terra, then it will be a race between tyro and celes for number three. Then weave in a mix of old low mid 40s and rookies. Only at about 55k memories, so need to keep at it. I too did the kill 024 and retreat at flans. Very annoying, my drawing of 024 has been poor.

Meier

This event sucks to be honest. I got Celes... is there any reason to do more? I'm not super excited about doing that flan farming thing so I doubt I'll bother. Didn't realize you could actually have less than 5 people in a party -- interesting discovery.

Falk

that puzzling face
Technically the accessory you can't get anywhere else, and the XP/stam for Flans is higher than even the Hard XP daily and presumably gone forever once this event expires. Personally, I'd rather get levelling my BM/WHM/Summoner to 50 out of the way and thus slog it out now than sink more stamina and presumably more effort into doing it during the XP daily, just because their Record Materia kicks serious ass. (Summon recharge come to daddy)

Actual rewards though like orbs etc are pretty meh in comparison to the adjusted Countdown to Destruction payout we got though, Dr Mog interface aside.

Shahed

I'm mainly using it as a way to level my weaker characters. I don't have to wait for Sunday, and in theory I can take 4 people on Level 1 and have the last member one shot all 5 flans at once instead of risking them on Sunday.
No interest in grinding random "core" characters. That isn't fun for me. Is there any actual reason unless you're a grinder to continue the event after getting Celes?
Not particularly no. I mean if I had other things to do I wouldn't bother. But I've done all the Elites, upgraded every piece of gear I can and the rewards for the various Daily's are pretty useless. There's nothing else worthwhile to do so I may as well auto battle some Exp/memories while doing other things. As for Core characters I'm only doing White Mage, Black Mage and Summoner for their Record Materia later on

Meier

No interest in grinding random "core" characters. That isn't fun for me. Is there any actual reason unless you're a grinder to continue the event after getting Celes?

Falk

that puzzling face
It's not so much grinding levels for Core characters for the sake of having a numerical value of 50 as it is getting their Record Materia.

They can rot in a closet for all I care after I get their rank 2s.

Meier

I haven't gotten a char to 50 so I guess I don't know what that means. Someone is 46 now though so getting close.

Falk

that puzzling face
It's an upcoming feature and not in the game yet actually.

Essentially, you can 'break limit' on characters, which 1) let's you level them past 50 2) gives them a Materia slot 3) awards you their first Record Materia, which are assignable freely between characters that also have a Materia slot unlocked. This occurs only when the character is lv50. You can then pray to RNGesus for a 2nd rank Record Materia. (unlock conditions not 100% clear, possibly differs per character?)

Summoner/BM/WHM unlock 2nd rank Record Materias that essentially recharge summon/black magic/white magic by 1 per stage. As you can imagine, for summons this is borderline overpowered.

edit: clarity

Red Mage

It's not so much grinding levels for Core characters for the sake of having a numerical value of 50 as it is getting their Record Materia.

They can rot in a closet for all I care after I get their rank 2s.

What do Record Materias do, exactly?

Darn you for answering at the same time I ask the question, lol.

Pejo

It's an upcoming feature and not in the game yet actually.

Essentially, you can 'break limit' on characters, which 1) let's you level them past 50 2) gives them a Materia slot 3) awards you their first Record Materia, which are assignable freely between characters that also have a Materia slot unlocked. This occurs only when the character is lv50. You can then pray to RNGesus for a 2nd rank Record Materia. (unlock conditions not 100% clear, possibly differs per character?)

Summoner/BM/WHM unlock 2nd rank Record Materias that essentially recharge summon/black magic/white magic by 1 per stage. As you can imagine, for summons this is borderline overpowered.

edit: clarity

Wow! Switching my SMN in right damn now. Got a new goal to get him to fiddy before this event expires. Thanks for the heads up on this. Flan extermination time!

So I'm relatively new to the game. Most of my group is in low 20s (Aerith is in the teens), so I pretty much get destroyed doing hard unless its the flans on the first round. At what level does it start getting easier to beat?

And should I try reducing my team members to speed up leveling for a couple characters at a time, or just play everyone until I get to a certain level threshold?

Falk

that puzzling face
So I'm relatively new to the game. Most of my group is in low 20s (Aerith is in the teens), so I pretty much get destroyed doing hard unless its the flans on the first round. At what level does it start getting easier to beat?

And should I try reducing my team members to speed up leveling for a couple characters at a time, or just play everyone until I get to a certain level threshold?

Honestly speaking levels contribute less (but a significant fraction of) power level compared to gear and abilities. So the answer to that would depend on how much gear/abilities you acquire.

If you haven't already, you should go through all the Classic paintings and the easier Elites, as that'll give you a leg-up on quite a few decent 4* rewards (Masteries on some of the Elites) and a ton of Orbs to start crafting 2 and 3star abilities.

edit: The biggest thing levels do for you is improve how much of a beating you can take, since it increases max HP.

Honestly speaking levels contribute less (but a significant fraction of) power level compared to gear and abilities. So the answer to that would depend on how much gear/abilities you acquire.

If you haven't already, you should go through all the Classic paintings and the easier Elites, as that'll give you a leg-up on quite a few decent 4* rewards (Masteries on some of the Elites) and a ton of Orbs to start crafting 2 and 3star abilities.

edit: The biggest thing levels do for you is improve how much of a beating you can take, since it increases max HP.

Ahhh no wonder. I stopped doing the classic paintings at FFVI and started doing the events (didn't want to miss out on Aerith and Celes), but most of my gear are 2-3 star, though I lucked out on Genji Armor on a rare relic draw. In that case, I'll go back and try to finish out the paintings.

DeviantBoi

Rydia is almost 50.

I'll take her out from the group and continue farming flans. A bit more XP for the other four.

Celes, Terra, and Cyan are currently sitting at 33. Kain is at 28, I think.

I'll be happy if I can get them to 40.

Odd request here, but is there anyone experienced with front end web development enough that they feel like they could make something like wowhead.com or puzzledragonx.com? Just the UI part.

I'm working on something for FFRK which i think is going to huge, but i need someone who can write a website for it. I can go into more details through PM. I've already gotten a proof of concept working and about 70% of the way to being production ready. I can do everything that isn't the Web UI (which is a lot)

Worst case scenario if If it doesn't take off is you have something to add to your portfolio.

If interested send me a PM with a link to your portfolio. In case it's not obvious, this is a serious request so please only PM me about it if you're also serious and can dedicate some real time to it.

Jyrii

Banned
Does anyone else have this issue now that certain (pop up?) screens are scaled smaller. Most screens are normal, but for example when I choose stage in the Magitec event, the Next opponent screen is not the usual size.

I am using Oneplus One with Cyanogenmod 12S. I recently updated the OS, but I could swear the screens were normal size after that.

Does anyone else have this issue now that certain (pop up?) screens are scaled smaller. Most screens are normal, but for example when I choose stage in the Magitec event, the Next opponent screen is not the usual size.

I am using Oneplus One with Cyanogenmod 12S. I recently updated the OS, but I could swear the screens were normal size after that.

It's an issue with the latest Android WebView update.

Falk

that puzzling face
GYMJamd.jpg

800 more Memory Prisms for another Greater Ice Orb which is the last one I need to create Mental Breakdown.

Yes, this event is literally about to give me Mental Breakdown.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Roto13

Terra is strictly better in stats/equippable armor, but she can't summon.

Terra is also better in Black Magic (can use higher level spells) and coolness factor.

http://imgur.com/GYMJamd.jpg[img]

800 more Memory Prisms for another Greater Ice Orb which is the last one I need to create Mental Breakdown.

Yes, this event is literally about to give me Mental Breakdown.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯[/QUOTE]

Fantastic

So how does it rank in terms of characters worth levelling? I find mages to be abit shit as there magic is so limited :/

Using sepiroth, wakka, aretih, tyro and cloud. All between 30-40

I have Ryida and kain at 28 odd as well and a few others at 15ish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom