• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shahed

Mages are awesome, especially against bosses and enemies with elemental weaknesses. Yes they aren't as good with the enemies you fight along the way there and can make auto battle not as efficient. But come the boss fight there's a good chance they'll be your most powerful.

SunGod

800 more Memory Prisms for another Greater Ice Orb which is the last one I need to create Mental Breakdown.

Yes, this event is literally about to give me Mental Breakdown.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Haha!

So I finally got to 100,000 memory prisms. I ended up on 99,100 or so and just got the final 900 by repeating the flan battle.

os2zd6nl.png

I DIDN'T REALISE THEY DROPPED LESSER WIND ORBS! (I realise I'm far more excited about this than I should be)

I was actually in two minds about levelling up my characters, I thought maybe it'd be a better idea to sit on Solitary Island for another week to try and hone double cut to use with retaliate... but I get them here too! I have three at r3 at the moment and have enough lesser power orbs to hone two of those into r4, I just need the lesser wind orbs. From my limited time flan killing I'd say we get 1 per 3 fights... maybe I've just been un/lucky though?

Also I ended up creating 5 Dagger++ (IX) so I'm ready for the FF9 dungeons now, I'm going to use the broadswords the flans drop to further upgrade them.

axTAv1Kl.png

I love flans!

Vorpal

I'm actually enjoying this event just for the Flan grinding. I've been pairing up different characters with my Summoner until that character hits level 45 or 50.

The EXP daily bores me to tears because auto-battle is a viable option and the only (occasional) drop is gil. At least with Flan, I'm racking up a sizable reserve of 2- and 3-star wind orbs. Honin' them Double Cuts like whoa. Plus, the novelty of using Dragon to wipe out a group hasn't worn out yet.

I'm also obsessed with the idea of seeing every character's level at 45 or 50. At least some multiple of 5. ALL OF THOSE OTHER UNORGANIZED NUMBERS ARE SO UGLY

Edit: Though I can confirm that grinding prisms 60 at a time is pretty slow-going. I'll get that Hero's Ring eventually

Shahed

70k now.I think i'll go as far as 90k before i switch back to EXP runs. Levelling all those should tip me over to 100k eventually since I'll take a rare 024 if it comes my way

Razmos

Jeez, Celes seems super weak and incapable of equipping a lot of FFVI items. What exactly is her selling point again? Even with resonance and a 3 star weapon with resonance she isn't doing as much damage as any of the other characters with a 3 star weapon and no resonance.

Yogg

So I started playing the game a few days ago (I'm hooked !). I just went through a bunch of normal dungeons, those FF2 dungeons around level 20, and I tried my luck with 2 relic draws before going to bed. I got 2 Zantetsuken back to back! Is that a common drop or am I really lucky? In any case those will help me tremendously given my current 2/3* gear!

Falk

that puzzling face
So I started playing the game a few days ago (I'm hooked !). I just went through a bunch of normal dungeons, those FF2 dungeons around level 20, and I tried my luck with 2 relic draws before going to bed. I got 2 Zantetsuken back to back! Is that a common drop or am I really lucky? In any case those will help me tremendously given my current 2/3* gear!

Try 1/100 x 1/100 for 1/10000 chance of getting Zantetsuken twice in a row.

Yogg

Try 1/100 x 1/100 for 1/10000 chance of getting Zantetsuken twice in a row.

Wow great! My previous draws were always 3* stuff, so that was quite unexpected. Maybe I'll be able to do that Celes event hard mode now, with those equiped on Cloud and Tyro.

Jeez, Celes seems super weak and incapable of equipping a lot of FFVI items. What exactly is her selling point again? Even with resonance and a 3 star weapon with resonance she isn't doing as much damage as any of the other characters with a 3 star weapon and no resonance.

Alternative to cloud with spell blade.

Pejo

Summoner and Black Mage are both sitting in the 30s now. Going to get them to 45ish to be ready for this upcoming Materia thing. For those of you "in the know" with the JP version, are there any other jobs I should get near 50 for that Materia stuff? WHM is on the list, but are there any others?

Negator

Bard and Ranger have useful ones. Knight and Warrior currently have NOTHING.

Edit: In fact, Black Mage, White Mage, Red Mage, Summoner, Bard, and Ranger are the only core classes in JP so far that have Record Materia at all. Out of all those, only Red Mage has really awful Materia.

tensuke

Getting sooo hyped for FF13 world and 8bit Blinded by Light. And Don't Be Afraid too. I know they're probably a long ways off, but..yeah.

tensuke

Ohhhhhh man. I didn't realize it wasn't 8bitting all the battle themes, I guess I haven't done X/ViI in so long I forgot. Man now I'm sad. :(

Need me some flan to eat away my sadness...

Roto13

Removed Terra from my party because she hit the level cap. Replaced her with a low level Summoner. Hit two consecutive Number 24's.

Fuck you, game.

EDIT: Swapped Terra back in and ran into yet another one. Well, ok, unfuck you, game.

RalchAC

Doing some flanning yesterday with Tyro using Dragon (or whoever your first character is called) let me level up my party from 25 or so to 30. Is that dude useful or I should use Rydia or other non-core character?

When my Terra reached 30 I changed her for Rydia.

I had 3 character at a time, which meant 5k between them instead of 7,5.

If today is Weapon / Armor booster day I don't think I'll flan. I'll farm stones to improve my equipment.

Or do story levels to reach 50 Mythril for 11 pulls.

Ohhhhhh man. I didn't realize it wasn't 8bitting all the battle themes, I guess I haven't done X/ViI in so long I forgot. Man now I'm sad. :(

Need me some flan to eat away my sadness...

Yeah, I've listened to the FFX battle theme too much to not notice that something sounded different :p

All Elites done now so at max Stamina. Lots of easy ones but the odd lower level bosses were a bit harder.

So it's going to be Flan day for XP and Wind Orbs. Plus some armour materials here and there to level up equipment some more.

Not really bothering with the collecting gems event. Hardly seems worth the effort unfortunately.

Falk

that puzzling face
I named mine Falk when I restarted on the English version because I figured that's how you'd be able to identify friends when the friend summon thingoo gets added in

(I'm a moron)

Mine is Borys as every character I've ever made in every RPG I've ever played.

Is there a schedule for the US version dungeon releases to this game? JPN is so far ahead it makes me want to drop the US version and start from scratch the JPN one...

I named him after myself and like myself he grew up to be completely average and unremarkable in every way and as such doesn't get to hang with the cool gang anymore.

Razmos

Was slightly disappointed to unlock Knight only to see he is a Core character, not FFI.
ain't nobody got time for core characters.

I imagine once all the FF related realms and events are done, they will probably start creating a "Core" realm right? maybe with some original stuff?

Falk

that puzzling face
Mine is Borys as every character I've ever made in every RPG I've ever played.

Is there a schedule for the US version dungeon releases to this game? JPN is so far ahead it makes me want to drop the US version and start from scratch the JPN one...

I think a big clue is when the current events end. They've always been exactly when something new launches.

Also of interesting note is how they're all 6 days apart instead of a week. CATCHING UP IN 3 YEARS LETS GOOO

edit: About JP vs US, I actually felt the opposite. While a big part of the reason I defected was because more people (by almost a magnitude) I knew were playing the US version compared to the JP one, I only played it casually on and off, and when I tried to get into it hardcore (around the time US launched) I found I was too far behind, and quite a bit of the events came and went without me being able to complete the hardest difficulties. It felt a little bit like a rich-get-richer scenario since when events are gone they're gone forever outside of questionable reissues (the events are still different)

Starting over and keeping up with the US version allows me to at least keep on the crest of the wave. I dunno, most people wouldn't mind, I guess, but I'm kinda OCD about my gaming. (platinum trophies, etc)

Pejo

So I was just looking through the JP characters that are available and I noticed no Jecht! Clearly he just hasn't been released yet...right? right?

Was happy to see Zack, Red XIII, and Fran made the cut

orion434

So once you complete all the missions Normal & Elite and Daily Events once, how are you supposed to earn Mithril? I thought each Daily Event would reset, but I just completed my 1st week and it was already "Complete"

Is there any other way? Or are people who want to stay free-players screwed?

Falk

that puzzling face
There's definitely a finite amount of Mythril. Outside of the weekly events (which are likewise finite, AND limited-time so people coming in now are at a disadvantage of missing out of previous event's mythril) you get two per 10 days of login from the login bonus. Which is again, finite vs time.

That being said though the game has had a very doable difficulty curve even on the unlucky side of things. (I've personally only pulled 1 5* ever)

Keep in mind that good abilities can trivialize the content as much as good gacha. Imagine if you had twice as many uses on all your equipped abilities (outside of summons which... are again limited by events afuasdjgajsdf), with the caveat it takes way longer to farm the orbs for subsequent ranks vs. being lucky with pulls.

Point is, though, all content is clearable without spending any money.

(For now, at least?)

Althane

Pulled an 11 pull, got 8 3*s and 3 4*s. At least one of the 4*'s was Swordbreaker, which is a useful dagger for this event.

5* Falchion++ is ripping stuff apart in the hands of Cloud, and I got Celes. Now I'm just XP farming with Flans. Just trying to get some base levels onto my weaker team members.

Is it more efficient to go in with just two characters (Summoner/Rydia + Training character), or go in with all 5 (Summonr/Rydia + 4 training characters)?

orion434

So with the current schedule it would take a little over a month to save 50 Mithril. I don't mind difficulty and such as long as I can even just compete on "Normal" but when you get a new character every week or so, it's really difficult to get their 5* weapon without spending money.

Falk

that puzzling face
Is Rydia 50? Because they still soak XP at 50. In which case, in the long run, having her soak 50% of the XP (2 people) is less efficient than having her soak 20% of the XP (5 people) even if your trainees level slower per flan run.

So with the current schedule it would take a little over a month to save 50 Mithril. I don't mind difficulty and such as long as I can even just compete on "Normal" but when you get a new character every week or so, it's really difficult to get their 5* weapon without spending money.

Look at it this way; the business model keeps the game free for you lol.

Once we start running into insurmountable brick walls I guess it's time to reevaluate.

(it's also probably really hard to get their 5* weapon while spending money. Double or triple shitty odds is still shitty odds, except now with more disappointment)

orion434

Look at it this way; the business model keeps the game free for you lol.

Once we start running into insurmountable brick walls I guess it's time to reevaluate.

(it's also probably really hard to get their 5* weapon while spending money. Double or triple shitty odds is still shitty odds, except now with more disappointment)

I got really lucky and pulled 3 5*Weapons for Rydia, Wakka & Cloud in an 11x but that probably will never happen again. Then there is combining... I'll try to keep a Free player :)

Althane

Is Rydia 50? Because they still soak XP at 50. In which case, in the long run, having her soak 50% of the XP (2 people) is less efficient than having her soak 20% of the XP (5 people) even if your trainees level slower per flan run.

She's not 50 yet. I figured once she hit 50, I'd replace her with Summoner (who's like level 13 right now), and keep the XP being useful.

Falk

that puzzling face
She's not 50 yet. I figured once she hit 50, I'd replace her with Summoner (who's like level 13 right now), and keep the XP being useful.

It's virtually equal then. I guess it'd only start making a difference when you get close to running out of people who can summon that won't also soak XP, although Bladeblitz is a viable alternative. They absorb Quake, unfortunately.

11178320_861259410612336_6116156952930115271_n.jpg

(from the FB page)

I dunno which is more awkward, having Snow in an English screenshot (oops!) or Sephiroth having Thunder equipped in a 'tips and tricks' screenshot about useful abilities lol.

Red Mage

It's virtually equal then. I guess it'd only start making a difference when you get close to running out of people who can summon that won't also soak XP, although Bladeblitz is a viable alternative. They absorb Quake, unfortunately.

11178320_861259410612336_6116156952930115271_n.jpg

(from the FB page)

I dunno which is more awkward, having Snow in an English screenshot (oops!) or Sephiroth having Thunder equipped in a 'tips and tricks' screenshot about useful abilities lol.

Maybe they're fighting Cagnazzo? = P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom