• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MicH

I used up all my money and can't take advantage of today's daily dungeon :( I wanted to get my Falchion up to 5*. It was the first rare pull I got so this is pretty cool maxing it out :D

It's virtually equal then. I guess it'd only start making a difference when you get close to running out of people who can summon that won't also soak XP, although Bladeblitz is a viable alternative. They absorb Quake, unfortunately.

11178320_861259410612336_6116156952930115271_n.jpg

(from the FB page)

I dunno which is more awkward, having Snow in an English screenshot (oops!) or Sephiroth having Thunder equipped in a 'tips and tricks' screenshot about useful abilities lol.

Haha, lol. It's for that water-based boss that is weak to Thunder!

I used up all my money and can't take advantage of today's daily dungeon :( I wanted to get my Falchion up to 5*. It was the first rare pull I got so this is pretty cool maxing it out :D

Farm the rocks, sell them until you have money to actually use them; use them; repeat

Falk

that puzzling face
It's more stamina-efficient to farm the rocks now and then gil daily tomorrow (surplus is surplus)

Unless you absolutely need it upgraded today for whatever reason.

Negator

Do we need to use them to get their Record Materia? How does it work?

There are different conditions I believe. For example, I know that you have to bring Black Mage to an elite dungeon and he can't die during a boss battle. When you unlock their Memory Crystal, you have it kind of like in an inventory.

When a character hits level 50, you can use their Memory Crystal to raise their level cap from 50 to 65, and unlock their Record Materia. You can also unlock their second Record Materia by fulfilling some other special condition.

Razmos

I had no idea what Record Materia was until I just googled it, a lot of them seem meh to okay.

I so want Balthier and now I want him even more because his Record Materia is OP (casts Auto-Haste at the start of battle)

Red Mage

Dena will ban these accounts eventually, right?

Why would they?

Who didn't might be the better question.

Having no internet has been painful... I only have 2 GB on my phone and it ran out awhile ago with it not being renewed till the 9th. Also DK Cecil reached level 50, which means my B team is pretty much max leveled.

Which is why I will never, ever switch plans. Unlimited Data Usage, bwahahaha.

(P.S. I named him Bodifer. >_>)

Who renamed Tyro?
I did.

Who didn't might be the better question.

Having no internet has been painful... I only have 2 GB on my phone and it ran out awhile ago with it not being renewed till the 9th. Also DK Cecil reached level 50, which means my B team is pretty much max leveled.

Shadow780

There are different conditions I believe. For example, I know that you have to bring Black Mage to an elite dungeon and he can't die during a boss battle. When you unlock their Memory Crystal, you have it kind of like in an inventory.

When a character hits level 50, you can use their Memory Crystal to raise their level cap from 50 to 65, and unlock their Record Materia. You can also unlock their second Record Materia by fulfilling some other special condition.

Welp, thanks man back to grinding!

kenji

This game is pure shit technically.. It was always so slow and heavy in going from menu and menu, but the worst is when I want to upgrade equipment and I have to scroll down and there's a loading with a Chocobo and most of the time the next set of equip doesn't appear and the game doesn't respond anymore.. What a bullshit, and I have a Nexus 5 (I tried on a Galaxy Tab 4 and it's even sorse)

Is there something that can be done to improve it? Or will Square Enix do something about it?

this is what I'm talking about: https://i.imgur.com/A8ftAfh.jpg

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Yeah, I don't know about that. It's barely worth it to keep restarting normally for No. 24 with these tepid rewards (I've only been doing it because he pops up often for me), and it's definitely not worth it risking your account with that proxy thing.

duckroll

Grinding Flans is really boring but it's the best way to get exp and I'm still not at a level where I can beat Hard. :(

Zzzzzzzzzzz.

SunGod

Oh yeah. Safe to say that any VII content that comes along is going to be a cakewalk for a while.

With retaliate on Cloud and a few characters double cutting him you'll probably be fine taking on any content, not just VII, for a long time :p

so whats the deal with #024 that people want, does he drop,something valuable?

If the hard dungeon starts with a fight against 024 you will receive the largest or second largest number of memory prisms for your 32 stamina.

Falk

that puzzling face
so whats the deal with #024 that people want, does he drop,something valuable?

On Hard mode, having 024 pop up on the first stage guarantees you either ~4.2k or ~5.1k Memory Prisms, since the event picks from a finite number of discrete sets.

I still haven't decided if I'm going for 200k. I think ultimately it'll depend on the next event - if it's another snoozefest like Lethe I'll probably go for it since there's nothing else going on anyway.

Edit: Next event is collection. I guess I'm refining that last sentence to "if the rewards aren't adjusted like Countdown to Destruction"

Shahed

And 100k get. Time for me to get everyone to 49 now
Almost there boys!

I'm not going for it specifically now. Just repeating Flans and taking the odd 024 that comew my way. I'll be up to 115k once I have the stamina to finish my current run. I'm thinking I'll probably end up pretty clowe to it. That is unless a new Event starts tomorrow in which case I'll probably jump ship

Shahed

Why do I keep seeing 49? That materia thing doesn't only happen the moment you hit 50 after the update, does it?
Oh for Core characters like WHM, BLM and SMN I'll get to 50 straight. But for every other character they'll have their own uses at some point due to either character or gear synergy. So I'm not going to waste time grinding them all the way to 50 when later content will push them there anyway. No point wasting exp and time. The Cecils, Tidus, Wakka and Josef are the only actual FF characters I don't have at 49 or 50 yet.

BorganXI

Just started getting in to this game a lot more when the FF VI events came around. Couple of questions I have.

Do the older events come back often? I missed the Shinra and Cecil ones due to very low level, not playing as much.

Is there a way to see what the stats are for your synergy equipment going into a dungeon? ie. what the VI gear stats would be in a VI themed dungeon versus other equipment? Or is it generally best to go with the same numbered gear as the dungeon, if the bonuses are that good?

Also did my first 11 relic pull. Got 3 5* (Soul Saber, Danjuro, Genji Shield) 3 4* (Hypno Crown, Royal Crown, Moonring Blade) and the rest 3* upgrades. Very happy with it.

Roto13

Oh for Core characters like WHM, BLM and SMN I'll get to 50 straight. But for every other character they'll have their own uses at some point due to either character or gear synergy. So I'm not going to waste time grinding them all the way to 50 when later content will push them there anyway. No point wasting exp and time. The Cecils, Tidus, Wakka and Josef are the only actual FF characters I don't have at 49 or 50 yet.

I see. :p Well I guess that's one way to do things.

Shahed

This game is toying with me now. I don't really care about memory shards anymore and just want flans, and now I'm getting 024 every other round

Wazzy

Banned
Tidus Cloud and Cecil are all 50! I'm going to finish up Sephiroth and then Rydia even though I'll probably replace her with Rinoa once she's released.

Ashodin

That's a little too close to playing with fire for me.

At this rate I'd expect someone on reddit to program a script to play the game for you, which is ironic when you consider how much actual gameplay is in this.

Nah I wouldn't go that far. Circumventing RNG annoyance is about as far as I would go, I'd say. It's incredibly tiresome to manually search for No.24, I'll give you that.

Vorpal

Any reasons not to combine Judgment Staff x2? There probably won't be too many situations where I need two healers/MND-casters, right? There seem to be enough comparable MAG weapons, especially when synergy is factored in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom