• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

Ugh, grinding No. 24 runs is so boring. It helps that I can't exactly Auto Battle [well, I can, but not for all of the fights] and the entire thing is broken up into smaller battles. I'll probably go for the ring at 100k and then stop.

As much as I'd like the Major Holy Orb, I can't see myself earning all 200k, not when that time can be spent farming XP for my other units via the Flan method [which is a lot faster].

Are the orbs obtainable elsewhere / will they be after updates down the line? I don't need them right now, and if I could get them later, then I'll just focus on Project Flan Genocide.

I've actually been kind of enjoying the grind of No. 24. It sucks to have to restart so many times, but it's pretty quick. I'm up to about 105k.

Falk

that puzzling face
A bunch of 4* orbs are already rare/semi-rare drops off the harder Elite bosses.

Only 2 Major orbs in the game so far on EN - the one from this event and a 5* Black from a previous event.

chrono01

Are the orbs obtainable elsewhere / will they be after updates down the line? I don't need them right now, and if I could get them later, then I'll just focus on Project Flan Genocide.
Apparently the Major Holy Orbs are still rare, even in the current Japanese version.

The Finest Brew

Neo Member
What level should I be if I want to tackle the current event's Hard Mode? Wanna get Celes as fast as possible. My team atm is;

Cloud (27)
Rydia (26)
Terra (28)
White Mage (20)
Kain (26)

SougoXIII

What level should I be if I want to tackle the current event's Hard Mode? Wanna get Celes as fast as possible. My team atm is;

Cloud (27)
Rydia (26)
Terra (28)
White Mage (20)
Kain (26)

You should be aim for mid 30 ish with enough abilities to bring down 2 or 3 boss level monsters. You can use the flan trick to grind there since your party is strong enough for them.

Nohar

I got utterly destroyed by the Magitech Armors in the Imperial Camp level (FFVI - Elite). Any advices? I can't unlock Power Break yet, and I don't have Cecil either...

Fucks sake. Barely and I mean barely getting any lesser power orbs in the daily today. Think I've had 5 in about 12 rounds. They're all white and I've got over 200 of those :/

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
0fmYHBQ.png

0KvFHyS.gif

Done! Time to join the Flan genocide.

Shahed

12 hours to Lethe event ending, still no announcement.

I guess my hypothesis was wrong!
While on one hand I'm sick of this event and want to move on. On the the other I've got WHM, BLM and SMN to 45. A couple extra days and I can lock them up somewhere for a few months. Levelling them here is so much easier since I don't need to worry about them dying and can use a summon to one shot and level all three at once. On Sunday I probably couldn't take all 3 at the same time

Falk

that puzzling face
Saturday is another guess. It's been 6 days apart for a while.

Also looking a little deeper, the method with which I came to the hypothesis was somewhat flawed. Celes event started the moment Aerith event's reclamation period ended. Italicized is the wrench in the works - it wasn't when Aerith's event ended, but a few days after.

dantehemi

Been playing this for a good week now and loving it!

I have a question though, up to this point I haven't spent any money or eggs or orbs or anything...I have 51 mythril and about 110k Gil..I'm rolling with cloud/kain/wakka/tyro/rydia and there at about lvl 25-28..question is...
- what should I be spending my orbs and Gil and eggs on?
- is there a consensus party that everyone rolls with? Or do you just try to level everyone up equally.
- does it matter what relic draw I enter or do they all give the same items?

Red Mage

I have a question though, up to this point I haven't spent any money or eggs or orbs or anything...I have 51 mythril and about 110k Gil..I'm rolling with cloud/kain/wakka/tyro/rydia and there at about lvl 25-28..question is...
- is there a consensus party that everyone rolls with? Or do you just try to level everyone up equally.

...so, you've been playing without abilities for a week? Wha...?

-- Elemental Spells, Cure, Esuna, Elemental Sword Abilities, Dark Buster/Dark Attack, and Double Cut.
-- Whomever you like, but generally speaking, the Core guys suck.
-- Yes. The items listed are the ones with the boost to drop rates.

SougoXIII

1) Save your orbs until you actually need it. You don't want to blow it all honing 2/3 abilities then found out that the new boss require another ability somewhere.
2) There's no consensus party due to record synergy. It's generally a good idea to use characters for the realm they're from since they gain an extra 10 levels. You'll want to level everyone to 50 for their special materia abilities that will be implement later on.
3) It does matter and you should pay attention to which banner you're drawing from. I.e The Celes' banner may give her weapon a higher rate but reduce evey other 5* to 0.1% or something stupid like that.

Jyrii

Banned
Got my second mythril pull..

Five star items:
Zantetsuken (VI)
Genji Shield (IV)

Four star items:
Diamond sword (XII)
Gladius (IX)

Three star items:
Ice shield (IV)
Ancient sword (XII)
Icebrand (IV)
Tiger claws (III)
Venom claws (VI)
Golem staff (III)
Aura staff (IV)

Not bad, but I wished for Buster Sword, Enhancer or Soul Sabre

DeviantBoi

This event is boring, but at least it's helping me level up my characters.

All of my VI characters are at 46. I should have them at 50 by tomorrow.

If I had Blitzstrike I could level up one character rather quickly.

Shahed

Enhancer is probably the best 5* at the moment. You can turn Terra into an amazing Red Mage who can do awesome damage from the front row physically and deal massive magic damage as well. It gives her a really powerful AoE fire move and she has among the best armour selections in the game.

All 5*s do huge damage, but usually it's a more powerful version of what they already are. Terra's weapon allows her to serve two roles at a high standard at the same time. No need to choose between Rod or Sword

Pulled my second 5* yay!...oh it's a another Genji Shield. :/
Should I combine them or should i level up the second one to use on another character?
(Does the equipment XP/levels add up when you combine them? I've only ever combined a max level with a lv1 piece of equipment)

Shahed

Pulled my second 5* yay!...oh it's a another Genji Shield. :/
Should I combine them or should i level up the second one to use on another character?
(Does the equipment XP/levels add up when you combine them? I've only ever combined a max level with a lv1 piece of equipment)
Depends what other armour you have if you've got some good pieces of 4* gear then it might not be a bad idea to combine. Keep in mind not all melee characters can use Shields. Also when you combine, levelling both serves no purpose and waste of gil and materials if merging is your aim.

Assuming you've gotten an average return on your relics, i'd say upgrade both to Lv 20, and later down the line when you get other 5* armour either through pulls or combining, then you can turn your Shield into a 6*.The loss of materials and Gil will be negligible compared to the use you've gotten out of the items over time.

Exactly. Enhancer is my favourite piece of equipment. The perfect Terra (or Red Mage) weapon.

It's just so versatile an top of being really powerful. After I levelled Terra, I gave it to Celes and then when I was done with her I gave it to Tyro. The other 5* weapon I pulled happened to be Rydia's Ice Whip which also happens to do respectable damage from the back row and give Shiva as a Soul Break. Makes it viable to use two Black Mages at the same time.

It does also mean I'm not going to roll on Rinoa's weapon banner or any other one that has a Black Mage weapon as part of the draw.

Good Lord Lenna appears to be almost as useless as a core character

Why? I mean she's gonna replace Aeris as my healer either way for a while but just wondering.

Roto13

Enhancer is probably the best 5* at the moment. You can turn Terra into an awesome Red Mage who can do awesome damage from the front row physically and deal massive magic damage as well. It gives her a really powerful AoE fire move and she has among the best armour selections in the game.

All 5*s do huge damag, but usually it's a more powerful version of what they already are. Terra's weapon allows her to serve to roles at a high standard at the same time. No need to choose between Rod or Sword

Exactly. Enhancer is my favourite piece of equipment. The perfect Terra (or Red Mage) weapon.

duckroll

Got my people up to lvl35 or so today. Tried a proper Magitek run on Hard. Still not too hot. I can survive now, which is cool, but I made it through maybe 2/3 before I ran out of attacks and heals. Need a few more levels I think, and probably a little bit more upgrading on equipment and abilities.

Got my people up to lvl35 or so today. Tried a proper Magitek run on Hard. Still not too hot. I can survive now, which is cool, but I made it through maybe 2/3 before I ran out of attacks and heals. Need a few more levels I think, and probably a little bit more upgrading on equipment and abilities.

FF6 gear makes a huge difference. I have enough armor and weapons I can breeze through every fight in Hard except Onion Knights and Number 24 and I think I only have two characters (Cyan and Terra) over 35.

duckroll

FF6 gear makes a huge difference. I have enough armor and weapons I can breeze through every fight in Hard except Onion Knights and Number 24 and I think I only have two characters (Cyan and Terra) over 35.

I have FFVI gear equipped too. Most of the fights aren't very hard, but it's surviving through the entire marathon. I ran into Number 24 about 2/3 through my run, and I just couldn't beat him. Simply not dealing enough damage and Terra was out of spells so she couldn't take advantage of his barrier shifts.

Noi

Good Lord Lenna appears to be almost as useless as a core character

Huh? She has the highest Mind of any level 50 healer and her normal deathblow is a full party heal. If you're looking at the wiki, you might be comparing her level 50 stats to the others at level 65, cause she doesn't have a memory crystal.

Xetherion

I have FFVI gear equipped too. Most of the fights aren't very hard, but it's surviving through the entire marathon. I ran into Number 24 about 2/3 through my run, and I just couldn't beat him. Simply not dealing enough damage and Terra was out of spells so she couldn't take advantage of his barrier shifts.

Do you S/L if he uses Barrier Change early? If I don't get at least one full round of attacks in before he uses it, I S/L. He takes like 66% less damage from physical once he uses it so that's ton of damage lost if he uses it right away, not to mention more damage taken since he takes a lot longer to go down.

Falk

that puzzling face
Huh? She has the highest Mind of any level 50 healer and her normal deathblow is a full party heal. If you're looking at the wiki, you might be comparing her level 50 stats to the others at level 65, cause she doesn't have a memory crystal.

Was talking about ability affinities, not stats. I guess I'm so used to having that slot do more than just spam Cure/Esuna :|

(Or I guess when you get enough orbs for Holy, she gets the last laugh)

Malreyn

The Celes event is so boring and tedious. I can never finish hard mode because of my characters being blinded. Sigh.

I use Cyan (or anyone else wit Samurai skill) to activate "Retaliate" and have everyone attack Cyan after he casts it. When Cyan hits, the mechs don't use counterattacks because Cyan is actually counter attacking your allies

Balphon

Stop doesn't last forever, and there is no guarantee that it will stick when using her ability.

I just know that when I killed them I hit them with Seal Evil a few times at the start to give me some breathing room. Their strongest attack is their kick, so you may want to try blinding them (they are susceptible to Darkness IIRC).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom