• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok have the big egg. Now the down hill slope, 48k to go. I did take a few stam cycles off to hit the daily for power and black orbs, which are in short supply for me. It would probably behoove me to stop grinding the memories after another two rounds as the rest of the dailies through the exp one are worthless for me. Just don't want to get the next event and not have power leveled the base characters, since it is another mogathon

Nohar

I just know that when I killed them I hit them with Seal Evil a few times at the start to give me some breathing room. Their strongest attack is their kick, so you may want to try blinding them (they are susceptible to Darkness IIRC).

I plan to do exactly that, though I'll first complete other paintings. I discovered that FFVI elite painting are actually easier after that one, with Phantom Train dropping to difficulty 26 or so. I also unlock Firaga: 9999 on Phantom Train (Terra, Gravity Scepter synergy) was a very pleasant sight.

Falk

that puzzling face
It's maybe a little late, and probably a little harder to do at this point of time when summon orbs aren't farmable the way they were during the Sephiroth/Cecil events, but Syldra basically made the Magitek bosses trivial.

But yeah, if you're stuck, you should get on the other Elites first. They're easier and some reward pretty nice gear. The Elite difficulties aren't in order. Numerically the implied difficulties are pretty spot-on other than North Mountain in FFV.

FireVoa

How are Quickness, Drain Strike, and Gravity in terms of usefulness? Besides the 4 star stuff the 3 star started to really open up what abilities I can create while still collecting towards important stuff like the -Ga spells, Blade blitz, and the Power/Mental break... etc abilities. Any advice would be good too, currently running Tidus (31), Cloud (32), Cyan (42), Tyro (30), and Terra (41) with 3.5 star ilv equipment (on average) and 3 sets of Double Cut level 2, Fira, Blizzara, Thundara, Cura, and Curaga.

Drain strike is awesome, means you don't have to heal cloud or celes and hits pretty well. I keep it on them almost permanently. Gravity is an ok spell that sephiroth can use, otherwise his black magic ability is pointless.

Terra and Cecil both nearly 50. Celes is low 40s and Josef is being ignored for now. Otherwise all key characters are lvl 50.

Once they're max I'll do back and see if I can do more No.24 runs to see if I can get another Orb or 2 but otherwise forget going for the rest. Nightmare fuel.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Now that I got the Major Holy Orb I'm finding that retreating for Flans is way more tedious than for No. 24. When you get 24 it means you can go for the whole run and spend a total of 32 stamina for 8 fights, so when you have to start retreating again you at least played for a good bit. With Flans you finish a quick battle and immediately have to start retreating again, and the stamina bar takes longer to deplete. Not to mention it's for a feature that isn't even implemented yet (doesn't mean I'll stop doing it :p. My main group is maxed and I don't want to create any specific abilities atm).

Of course, that's all down to how quickly you can get 24 to appear, but the number of retreats for Flans is higher by default since you have to do the process again every time you fight them.

Now that I got the Major Holy Orb I'm finding that retreating for Flans is way more tedious than for No. 24. When you get 24 it means you can go for the whole run and spend a total of 32 stamina for 8 fights, so when you have to start retreating again you at least played for a good bit. With Flans you finish a quick battle and immediately have to start retreating again, and the stamina bar takes longer to deplete. Not to mention it's for a feature that isn't even implemented yet (doesn't mean I'll stop doing it :p. My main group is maxed and I don't want to create any specific abilities atm).

Of course, that's all down to how quickly you can get 24 to appear, but the number of retreats for Flans is higher by default since you have to do the process again every time you fight them.

No.24 you can go 20-30 or so refolls before getting him which is a huge drag and very time consuming. Flans, sure you're also retreating a lot but in between you're also playing too which breaks up the tedium somewhat and there's even a good chance of getting some in a row. I much prefer that way than tons and tons of disappointment waiting for No. 24.

Depends what other armour you have if you've got some good pieces of 4* gear then it might not be a bad idea to combine. Keep in mind not all melee characters can use Shields. Also when you combine, levelling both serves no purpose and waste of gil and materials if merging is your aim.

Assuming you've gotten an average return on your relics, i'd say upgrade both to Lv 20, and later down the line when you get other 5* armour either through pulls or combining, then you can turn your Shield into a 6*.The loss of materials and Gil will be negligible compared to the use you've gotten out of the items over time.

Thanks for the tip, I might go ahead and combine them. The game has screwed me over in 5* pulls but I do have quite a few good 4* armor equips, some I've been able to combine already.

Also has anyone considered using their 3* as equipment fodder? There's just so many that build up a while and I never feel like i'll ever get around to upgrading and using them. So many XII staffs and spears....

Jarate

Banned
Characters before this event that were 50:

Nope

Characters after this event that are 50:

Rydia, Celes, Cyan, Terra

Working on Aerith and Wakka now, although my summoner classes are starting to wear thin

Xetherion

Thanks for the tip, I might go ahead and combine them. The game has screwed me over in 5* pulls but I do have quite a few good 4* armor equips, some I've been able to combine already.

Also has anyone considered using their 3* as equipment fodder? There's just so many that build up a while and I never feel like i'll ever get around to upgrading and using them. So many XII staffs and spears....

Using 2* equipment or higher as upgrade fodder is inefficient, sell em for gil.

Man going for the maximum amount of memories in one run is harder then I thought, maybe I should focus on grinding people up first before attempting again

Edit: There are TWO battles with no 128 here? Oh god no now way can I pull that stunt off, off to grind it is

chrono01

Man going for the maximum amount of memories in one run is harder then I thought, maybe I should focus on grinding people up first before attempting again

Edit: There are TWO battles with no 128 here? Oh god no now way can I pull that stunt off, off to grind it is
Yeah, there's either two No. 24's or one No. 24 [the one you start with if you reset] and two No. 128. You actually want the latter, since it gives you just a little over 5k Memories when you finish the entire run.

Falk

that puzzling face
If there was a combat ability where you throw Dr Mog and it cost 3000 gems I'd totally bite.

Some things are worth paying for.

Ashodin

Solution to retreating: every attempt is the same crystal amount. I mean seriously.

Solution to Dr. Mog: Make it sorted by category and each category is a click. Boom. Want Large Orbs? scroll down five spots to orbs, click, get your orbs.

Falk

that puzzling face
Nalbina is the 'best spot', but that's a ways off. I do believe I've gotten a drop off both Mist Dragon Elite and one from FFII (can't remember which)

edit:
https://ffrkstrategy.gamematome.jp/game/951/wiki/Orbs_Earth Orbs_Greater Earth Orb

says Semitt Falls FFII. Worth checking out.

I'm surprised how fast I'm leveling Celes. I just got her, and she's almost maxed. WTF!

Yo, 4 stam for 15k is literally almost twice as much as the XP daily (10 ffor 20k). Multiply by record synergy bonus XP (which XP daily doesn't have) and you have some hilarious numbers.

Ashodin

I'm surprised how fast I'm leveling Celes. I just got her, and she's almost maxed. WTF!

edit: Cyan is 50 now woooooo

I want materia now bros

Falk

that puzzling face
Depending on your device and/or connection speed you may have to enter/exit Dr. Mog's interface hoping that the button to redeem the Orb you want randomly spawns.

Macnair

Is there another boss that drops ****wind orbs? Not liking rerolling Humbaba and still not dropping anything. Man I really like to have Bladeblitz to hasten leveling up.

thedan001

Where do you find greater earth orbs?

Nalbina is the 'best spot', but that's a ways off. I do believe I've gotten a drop off both Mist Dragon Elite and one from FFII (can't remember which)

edit:
https://ffrkstrategy.gamematome.jp/game/951/wiki/Orbs_Earth Orbs_Greater Earth Orb

says Semitt Falls FFII. Worth checking out.

Darill's Tomb (FF6) first boss drops it, 16 stamina and repeatable, maybe more efficient, I'll try it out too. Need protectga as well.

Is there another boss that drops ****wind orbs? Not liking rerolling Humbaba and still not dropping anything. Man I really like to have Bladeblitz to hasten leveling up.

Another options have you wasting 60+ stamina for a full dungeon run to get a chance for drop. Stick with Humbaba imo

I've been using this resource for best spots for drops
http://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/wiki/index/farming

Finally got my first 50 Mythril.

What do I do Final Fantasy-GAF? Falk?

Do I buy the 11 Relics draw now or wait for some other draws to appear with some specific character weapons? Are the draws the same in the various 11 Relic Draws? Or at least draw chances?

Falk

that puzzling face
Draw chances differ per banner. (This is off top of head; someone should link the actual excel sheets people datamined to cross-check because I could be completely wrong on some points)

I think the easiest way to describe it that has held true for each banner (could change in future) is:

- total chance for 5* is 10%
- the chances for items in the banner are 1% each
- the chances for other character-specific items are hilariously low
- there's a small pool of more generic items (Genji gear, Danjuro, Judgement Staff, Regal Gown) that pad out the chances so that 5*s are 10% total. This usually means they actually have a higher chance to roll than the banner items (crossed-out is not applicable anymore with the amount of generic 5*s. They're all lower than 1% chance now)

Basically pulling anything that's not genji armor, danjuro, judgement staff, regal gown or current banner items approach one-in-a-million shot (lol)

I'd say that the chances of pulling something you want is pretty low regardless of if you save all your mythril for it, or even spend $$$. That being said though, everything is relative and even a pretty low chance is better than a nigh-impossible chance, so you'd still want to save your mythril for a character weapon you really want, then pray to RNGesus and prepare to be disappointed.

And yeah, unless you're struggling to clear stuff and a few 3* items would really help (this only really applies to the first ~2-3 weeks from starting the game, really) you'd do better to save for 11-pulls. Having 1 more shot at a low chance is still better than not having it.

edit: found it

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...EVgnpdyxy9kRzYeyjhC2wDFgCM/edit#gid=870050672

As you can see, this 1% thing meant that when Regal Gown was featured on Terra's banner you actually had less chance to pull it than when you tried some of the other banners. WTF DeNA lol

Jarate

Banned
So Ive been doing some math

I have reached up 18645 memory crystals in this event

Lets just say that 6000 pf those were from me killing the hard, medium, and easy paths

Now, lets we have 12645 from essentially killing purely slimes in the first pull which is 60 memory

Now occasionalky ill messup and accidently fight the toy soldiers or another boss after the slimes. Lets just say that for every group of slimes I kill, I retroactively get 61 memory from it to take into acount the times I messed up

so then I divided 12645 by 61 and got 204.3 rounds of murdering slimes

Purpose of this, ive probably murdered over 1000 slimes just in this event

I am a monster

Falk

that puzzling face
What if they get introduced and it's amazeballs and you just kick yourself for not levelling on the 4stam/15k event

!!!

actually in my case I ran out of summoners to spam summons so they're in there to spam bladeblitz instead heh

SunGod

Got all non core characters up to Lv 50. Just all my Lv 1 core characters to go now (won't have enough time to get them all levelled up before the event ends, unfortunately)

kd1JmN7l.png

Does anyone know how many downloads the global version of this game has had? I remember like 2 weeks after launch they said 1 million, but haven't heard anything since then.

Althane

Doing elites. Hit 5 mythril. 4* FFV bow.

I ain't even mad. Maybe I'll use Wakka (he's the only bow user I know of) in the FFV dungeon that's upcoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom