• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falk

that puzzling face
Server looks fine to me.

Holy shit Elite Rinoa event boss hp rofl

Tyrannosaur guy - 149k HP
2 Crocs at 50k hp each
3 bosses in a row for last stage

tl;dr

For us English players, what's the best way to prep for Advanced on the current VI event? Should I hold off until I get Celes?

thedan001

If we follow up with JP on events
Rinoa's event "should" also have the Elite mode version too

I did some homework on Muketsu JP website
It has Edna x2, Seifer and the T-Rex battles in the event

T-Rex in classic has about 15k-20k HP, 149k HP in Elite
I see detailed strategies that JP came up with to clear the elite mode

Going to be an interesting turn-out if DeNA hasn't toned down/nerfed it at all

edit: beaten and added spoiler tags (even though most of us that played FFVIII expected the
T-rex being OP
)

Falk

that puzzling face
Also interesting to note is this is when JP got Record Synergy.

And all we're getting is a 2*++ Galbadia Sword and 2*++ Galbadia Armor from the event itself. God speed. :V

edit: Just realized that on the bright side you can pretty much lug Rinoa through Flan grinding since chucking her in the party is pretty much a necessity for Elite event mastery (3 stars if Rinoa specifically isn't KO'd in the final boss)

tl;dr

For us English players, what's the best way to prep for Advanced on the current VI event? Should I hold off until I get Celes?

How far are you in the Classic/Elite progression? Classic paintings are a non-stop gravy train of stam refills, and, along with about 1/3 of the easier elites, give quite a few good 4* pieces along with Orbs to get crafting on some 3* abilities.

SougoXIII

Isn't the elite version only for re-issue dungeons/events? With how they nerfed all the previous events so far, I doubt that we'll get 100k bosses anytime soon.

thedan001

Also important to mention that one target condition in the last stage in both Classic/Elite (3 boss stages) has Rinoa not dead

Maybe DeNA was nice enough to put this event up first while Celes event is up so we could power level Rinoa?

Just a thought

edit: ^ I initially thought elites came from re-issued events but now I'm not so sure....

johnsmith

remember me
Eh, Rinoa or Lenna, either's fine. Needed a new magic user for my leveling team since all the other ones are level 50 except for the generics.

SunGod

Maybe DeNA was nice enough to put this event up first while Celes event is up so we could power level Rinoa?

That's a nice thought :p I'm just glad I can continue farming flans without worrying about missing out on picking up rare orbs etc from Lenna's event.

Shouldn't we have another event first before Rinoa?

Japanese version got the double Cecil event before the Tifa/Sephiroth event, seems like they've moved more events around.

You should go complete FF8 before the event starts; you have 23 hours.

If you can't manage that, at least clear the first disc!

I am eagerly awaiting that delicious FFVIII battle theme! <3 <3

I'm ready for Premonition!

Sweet, the Rinoa event! I'm going to hate myself tomorrow for continuing to grind Flan

You and me both!

Also interesting to note is this is when JP got Record Synergy.

And all we're getting is a 2*++ Galbadia Sword and 2*++ Galbadia Armor from the event itself. God speed. :V

edit: Just realized that on the bright side you can pretty much lug Rinoa through Flan grinding since chucking her in the party is pretty much a necessity for Elite event mastery (3 stars if Rinoa specifically isn't KO'd in the final boss)

How far are you in the Classic/Elite progression? Classic paintings are a non-stop gravy train of stam refills, and, along with about 1/3 of the easier elites, give quite a few good 4* pieces along with Orbs to get crafting on some 3* abilities.

Beaten most of the IV Elites with a couple left unmastered. Haven't touched the V Elites yet and I've only started the VI ones. (I haven't yet mastered Darill's Tomb.) All other game entries are currently 100%'d except for the current final X stage.

Paintings -should- be the update after this one. FF3/8/13 debuts, updates to 1/2/5/10,

Finally, updated 2d FFIII bitmaps!

Falk

that puzzling face
Beaten most of the IV Elites with a couple left unmastered. Haven't touched the V Elites yet and I've only started the VI ones. (I haven't yet mastered Darill's Tomb.) All other game entries are currently 100%'d except for the current final X stage.

I think you should be in decent shape - honing abilities would help out a lot if you're having problems. Healing (esp. burst) isn't as much of an issue as much as sustainability is.

As long as you have both fire/ice abilities honed, you should be good for regular Hard mode (e.g. not rerolling for 024) runs. Ifrit/Shiva shouldn't be much of an issue once you learn to time their swaps, and 024 if he appears should be save-scummable if you need him to be weak to a certain element.

edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soS4fav5WDU

Holy shit that ending rofl

mOnvOJG.png

Falk

that puzzling face
More thoughts on the Elite Sorceress event:

- Mental Breakdown with 10 shots of Blizzaras may work out to be better than the four shots of Blizzaga I have, especially with Rinoa/Record Synergy and the 9999 cap. (Of course, this is in conjunction woth Boost/Armor Break Blizzard Strike)

- If the fight really does drag on for 5 minutes++ Kirin may be worth investing in depending how long the AOE Regen lasts. Will test this out.

Hope the next few events and elite dungeons are actually a challenge. I don't have any 5-star items and I'm still steamrolling everything, including all the elites.

How long until we get the ability to see opponents' HP? Like in this (future boss spoiler)
FF7 Ultima Weapon
video.

Is it part of the Materia system or something else?

Also, around when did Japan get the faster battle speed options and saved team configs? I wish we already had those.

Wazzy

Banned
Paging Wazzy! :)

They skipped the FFV event that came next in Japan, I wonder if they just swapped them like they did with the FFVII & FFIV events initially.
Ahhhh just saw the notification now!!!! I'm so excited we're finally getting something from VIII!!! xD

Razmos

Rinoa? hell yes.

I have my 4-star Moonring Blade (Throwing Weapon) just waiting for her.
The event sounds pretty hard for me though since I don't have stona, esuna, slow or bio.
Guess i'd better get working on those today.

Jyrii

Banned
Can anyone give me a bit of advice on which order I should do the Elite dungeons I still have left? I Browsed the Reddit thread, but it does not seem to have all of the dungeons listed.

IV
Baron Castle
Tower of Babil - Heights
The Freymarch

V
North Mountain

VI
Mt Kolts
Imperial Camp
South Figaro Cave
Solitary Island
Mobliz
Figaro Castle 2
Daril's Tomb

Nohar

So, I have 39012 memory crystals... The Celes event ends in 4 days. So I have roughly 4 days to get those 200 000 crystals...
Yeah, probably not possible, and I won't forgo sleep. I guess I won't get the Holy orb.
I guess I'll stop at 100 000 and level-up BLM, WHM, RDM, SMN for when materias are available.
Restarting for n°24 is really tedious...

Can anyone give me a bit of advice on which order I should do the Elite dungeons I still have left? I Browsed the Reddit thread, but it does not seem to have all of the dungeons listed.

IV
Baron Castle
Tower of Babil - Heights
The Freymarch

V
North Mountain

VI
Mt Kolts
Imperial Camp
South Figaro Cave
Solitary Island
Mobliz
Figaro Castle 2
Daril's Tomb

I have much of the same. 8 left from 4, 5 and 6. Of the list you have left...I've beaten(and Mastered) with my 30-40ish team...South Figaro Cave, Solitary Island, Mobliz(good to do when you have little stamina as it only costs 16(if you have 3 or 4 shards too to reset em)...bring bio), Figaro Castle 2.

So I'd do those 4 first as if I can do it...so can you. I'd attempt FFV last...people say that's the hardest. Kolts and Imperial Camp are crap unless you have some great armor. Pretty damn tough to even get in the mix in all those to even cast sleep or whatever spells on the enemies as there is 3 enemies in each final fight for both.

Ahhhh just saw the notification now!!!! I'm so excited we're finally getting something from VIII!!! xD
Square Enix must be too since they skipped ahead a bit. I'm pretty stoked also to get some FFVIII content, especially since we're starting with Rinoa. :)

Jyrii

Banned
I have much of the same. 8 left from 4, 5 and 6. Of the list you have left...I've beaten(and Mastered) with my 30-40ish team...South Figaro Cave, Solitary Island, Mobliz(good to do when you have little stamina as it only costs 16(if you have 3 or 4 shards too to reset em)...bring bio), Figaro Castle 2.

So I'd do those 4 first as if I can do it...so can you. I'd attempt FFV last...people say that's the hardest. Kolts and Imperial Camp are crap unless you have some great armor. Pretty damn tough to even get in the mix in all those to even cast sleep or whatever spells on the enemies as there is 3 enemies in each final fight for both.

Thanks, I'll try those four first. I have almost lv50 party, so they probably are a bit easier for me.

North Mountain has kicked my ass three times, so I will probably leave that for last.

999 more to get Celes. Jeez this is boring (medium). Cannot even auto battle because of No 128. Fought the flans once (hard) - they one shotted Rydia but I managed to kill them. Cannot do hard yet... I just want to get Celes and fuck this event.

sasliquid

I find the game really good for coursework and reading, I can just hit auto-play in the background and feel like I'm multitasking.

Are the next dungeons next week or the week after?

Razmos

Hmm, the event details here says to prepare a Holy spell and a Poison spell for special mastery conditions, and yet looking further down it doesn't look like you need a poison spell at all, in fact it says you need to inflict Slow on Seifer. So which one is it? :/

I created Bio and Dia anyway and put them both on Terra (she can do everything can't she? dayum) I also created Stona for Aerith and Blizzard Strike for Cloud.

I suppose Aerith's "Seal Evil" limit break will count as a Slow spell right?
EDIT: wait nevermind, Seal Evil inflicts Stop not Slow :/

Falk

that puzzling face
That guide... confuses EX and Elite mode.

And asks you to prepare synergy gear.

Uh, ok.

edit: on second glance it's a really hastily (and badly) translated version of muketsu.info

shaftymcnasty

Neo Member
Just got Aerith to lvl 50 and most other characters into the 30s. Spending way too much time with this game but that's a good thing. Also playing FFIV and FFIII while stamina is recharging and I'm not working. I think I'm actually liking IV more than III.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom