• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shahed

While I quite enjoyed FFVIII, it's not my favourite by any means. But it does have what I feel is the absolute best music in the series. Only VI and to a lesser extent X come close

Hope the next few events and elite dungeons are actually a challenge. I don't have any 5-star items and I'm still steamrolling everything, including all the elites.

Just not so much of a challenge they can't be completed.

Though I trust SE will cycle them again in the future.

Razmos

lol, just completely ruined a run of an elite dungeon by forgetting to turn on auto-battle and coming back to nearly all my party dead.

Falk

that puzzling face
Also dang, I really like the Edea 8-bit artwork:
fwgwewee3423.png

Yeah, the sprite-work in this is really great. Makes you kinda wonder what in the world happened with FF6 iOS.

Just not so much of a challenge they can't be completed.

Though I trust SE will cycle them again in the future.

I'm actually completely fine with events that are so much of a challenge that they can't be completed by everyone. Sure, if everything is maxed and you've got some good gear, then yes you should be able to clear it. But I actually *want* that requires almost maxed characters to clear.

Wazzy

Banned
Square Enix must be too since they skipped ahead a bit. I'm pretty stoked also to get some FFVIII content, especially since we're starting with Rinoa. :)
Yasssssss!

We also have to time to flan grind her to 50! Let's me save my growth eggs for Squall.

FFVIII music is so good. I'm really into the vibe of that game.

Love the normal battle theme, but I also want an event with Laguna eventually so we can get The Man with the Machine Gun goodness.
Godly music. Super excited to hear it in this game.

Also, there is no way to get the characters from already gone Events i.e. Sephiroth? I started playing this game last week during the Monsters in Lethe? Event so I missed everyone that was available before that.

Here's a tip, Square-Enix, cause I know you are money hungry bastards:

- make available to BUY the characters from already gone Events exactly 1 month after the Event has ended. Price them $5.99 per character. I would buy them.

ALL.

;_;

Negator

Events will repeat, and characters will come back.

In fact, every character we've had so far has had an event where you can get them again.

I'm actually completely fine with events that are so much of a challenge that they can't be completed by everyone. Sure, if everything is maxed and you've got some good gear, then yes you should be able to clear it. But I actually *want* that requires almost maxed characters to clear.

Almost maxed is a bit much, especially since it's more dedication than skill, and it's too early for many at this point. And I already spend a moderate amount of time on the game.

Almost maxed is a bit much, especially since it's more dedication than skill, and it's too early for many at this point. And I already spend a moderate amount of time on the game.

The events come around again later. It's not a big deal if someone misses a few of the ultimate rewards from the events.

Roto13

999 more to get Celes. Jeez this is boring (medium). Cannot even auto battle because of No 128. Fought the flans once (hard) - they one shotted Rydia but I managed to kill them. Cannot do hard yet... I just want to get Celes and fuck this event.

If I were you, I'd fight Hard flans and then retreat, rather than grind on Medium. You'll get enough points for Celes that way eventually, and you'll level up a lot.

999 more to get Celes. Jeez this is boring (medium). Cannot even auto battle because of No 128. Fought the flans once (hard) - they one shotted Rydia but I managed to kill them. Cannot do hard yet... I just want to get Celes and fuck this event.

If I were you, I'd fight Hard flans and then retreat, rather than grind on Medium. You'll get enough points for Celes that way eventually, and you'll level up a lot.

Confirmed. I've backrowed Level 1's against the Flans. If they get hit and die, then I try again next time. Otherwise, they jump to level 8 or so and won't die to one hit from Flans anymore.

Not sure if this will be enough for the hard version of the event, but this is what I'm rolling with as of this post:

Stona (Rank 4) - 10 uses
Curaga (Rank 3) - 8 uses
Cura (Rank 3) - 8 uses
Dia (Rank 3) - 8 uses
Double Cut (Rank 3) - 6 uses
Blizzard Strike (Rank 3) - 6 uses
Bio (Rank 3) - 6 uses
Blizzaga (Rank 2) - 4 uses
Slow (Rank 1) - 4 uses
Magic Break (Rank 1) - 2 uses
Power Break (Rank 1) - 2 uses
Armor Break (Rank 1) - 2 uses
Blizzara Strike (Rank 1) - 2 uses

(Not listing the stuff that isn't useful for this event). 4 more black orbs will let me hone Blizzara Strike 1 more time, and 3 more Non-Elemental Orbs will let me home Magic Break one more time. I think I have no chance of getting Biora in time for the event though.

Falk

that puzzling face
Not gonna roll with Retaliate? That seems like the lowest hanging fruit, although lesser power orbs are in short supply.

Shouta

I think you should be in decent shape - honing abilities would help out a lot if you're having problems. Healing (esp. burst) isn't as much of an issue as much as sustainability is.

As long as you have both fire/ice abilities honed, you should be good for regular Hard mode (e.g. not rerolling for 024) runs. Ifrit/Shiva shouldn't be much of an issue once you learn to time their swaps, and 024 if he appears should be save-scummable if you need him to be weak to a certain element.

edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soS4fav5WDU

Holy shit that ending rofl

That boss is a fucking asshole. I finally beat him but it took me to the wire too, lol.

Rinoa is where the Elites start getting crazy strong as I recall. For folks that wanted Challenge, you're gonna get it from here on out, lol

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I don't even know what my orb situation is like anymore, I've been hoarding them hardcore and haven't created or honed any new abilities in a while. Hopefully I'll have more than enough to make anything the event may require that I don't have already, with minimal grinding for drops.

Not gonna roll with Retaliate? That seems like the lowest hanging fruit, although lesser power orbs are in short supply.

Oh yea. Totally forgot about Retaliate. Sadly I just used my last 20 LPO's honing.. I don't remember what, something. I have a level 1 Retaliate (2 uses), so maybe I could use it. (Edit: Oh yea, I used them to home Blizzard Strike from 2 -> 3)

This event will be special, FF8 isn't my favourite but is the 1st FF I ever beat. Lots of feels when thinking about that game.

In other news I've had my ass kicked 3 times by the FF4 end boss today and I'm pissed.

Hige

I don't even know what my orb situation is like anymore, I've been hoarding them hardcore and haven't created or honed any new abilities in a while. Hopefully I'll have more than enough to make anything the event may require that I don't have already, with minimal grinding for drops.
That's what I try to do; I hoard orbs until I need to create a certain ability when necessary. Then you find out you desperately need lightning orbs or something and you have 3 total because they rarely drop! :(

Falk

that puzzling face
Testing updates:

Kirin is pretty slick, AOE regen meaning 80-150 hp healing on entire party every ~3secs or so. (I believe it's % of max HP)

Except it only lasts slightly less than a minute :( I guess I can start honing it though - there's nothing else worth using 2* summon orbs anyway. It'd be pretty useful in prolonged fights if there was like 3 shots.

Razmos

Urh, is there a reason why Rydia can't use the Dragon summon (the only one I have) despite being able to use summons up to rank 5?

Aerith can use it, so is it tied to White Magic for some reason, even though it's non-elemental?

EDIT: Wait no, Rydia should be able to use that too, she can use White Magic up to 2 stars.
I'm so confused.

johnsmith

remember me
Urh, is there a reason why Rydia can't use the Dragon summon (the only one I have) despite being able to use summons up to rank 5?

Aerith can use it, so is it tied to White Magic for some reason, even though it's non-elemental?

EDIT: Wait no, Rydia should be able to use that too, she can use White Magic up to 2 stars.
I'm so confused.

My Rydia can use it.

Logging into my game just now it downloaded some stuff, and the status bar said Snow. Does that mean anything? How do I find out what downloaded? I dont' see anything new.

Edit: I have a character profile for Snow now in the profiles screen.

Razmos

My Rydia can use it.
Never mind, I'm an idiot. The stupid scrolling menu with the chocobo wouldn't continue and Dragon had been pushed to a second "page". I even sorted the list and everything and it didn't show up, annoying.

Logging into my game just now it downloaded some stuff, and the status bar said Snow. Does that mean anything? How do I find out what downloaded? I dont' see anything new.

Edit: I have a character profile for Snow now in the profiles screen.
Yep he's there for me too, as well as Luneth from FFIII (not sure if he was there before) and Lenna from V

Razmos

Jeez I have no idea how any of you grinded characters to 50 with this event. I got 2 characters from 1 to 20-25 and i'm already bored.

Been slacking on this game, finally spent a good amount of time doing Celes event to finally get Celes am an now grinding people. Would my remaining event time be better spent grinding people up or to attempt to get all the 4 and 5 star orbs from the event?

Jeez I have no idea how any of you grinded characters to 50 with this event. I got 2 characters from 1 to 20-25 and i'm already bored.

Probably just me, but I never get sick of that Dragon summon animation taking out those flans. I love how the mist sticks around a few seconds afterwards.

Also, I just level two people at a time instead of a full party.

I ride a bus to work, 45 minutes a day, twice a day. Very relaxing time to grind those out. The alternative is using up my stamina in 5 minutes and being bored the other 40

Jarekx

While waiting for the event to start I decided to boot up FFVIII again and work on my master file... 3 hours later and I'm still just playing Triple Triad.

Wazzy

Banned
I have Cloud, Tidus, DK Cecil and Sephiroth at 50 while Rydia and Kain are almost there.

Once they're done I'll get Wakka up and then see who else I can finish before I get Rinoa and flan grind her to 50. Once that's done I'll try to finish major characters to 50 and then work on memory farming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom