• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shahed

Yeah, ignoring daylight savings time is super weird.
It's the same for the UTC. I just add an hour on to the time they give in the UK. Probably less room for error on their end and more easily referenced time for people who aren't PST/UTC

Falk

that puzzling face
Holy shit @ the amount of VIII gear in the 5* gacha now.

Definitely meticulously planned rofl.

Heroic dailies? How hard are they? :p

I'm going to chuck in Cloud with Buster Sword and Bladeblitz to find out GOD SPEED TO ME

Bisonian

Heroic dailies? How hard are they? :p

My level 50 Rydia got 2 shot in the back row during one of the waves. One of the enemies was tossing around sleep quite a bit. Not a whole lot of HP to cut through them though.

15 stamina per round is a little pricey though.

The incoming damage was enough to prevent me from getting a Mastery. I'd say it's pretty appropriately tuned if you have a strong group. Fire and Lightning damage will help a lot.

Road

Trying to see how if my Bard, Ranger, White, Black Mage and Summoner party can get Rinoa.

This event enemies have so many status attacks...

Finally this event weapons have better drop rates than the Genji/Danjuro stuff:

1% each
Balamb Garden Uniform (VIII)
Valkyrie (VIII)
Blitz Sword (VIII)

0.874% each
Genji Armor (V)
Regal Gown (VI)
Judgment Staff (V)
Danjuro (XII)
Genji Shield (IV)
Genji Helm (V)
Golden Spear (VI)
Zantetsuken (VI)

0.01% each
Grand Glove (VII)
Lustrous Shield (IV)
Masamune (VII)
Ice Whip (IV)
Soul Sabre (VI)
Official Ball (X)
Dark Sword (IV)
Blood Lance (IV)
Guard Stick (VII)
Buster Sword (VII)
Healing Grimoire
Enhancer (VI)

Total 6

Shahed

No more Flans for me. Orb Daily all day from now on. I haven't even created the Ga's and have so many things to hone

Roto13

Holy shit @ the amount of VIII gear in the 5* gacha now.

Definitely meticulously planned rofl.

I'm going to chuck in Cloud with Buster Sword and Bladeblitz to find out GOD SPEED TO ME

My level 50 Rydia got 2 shot in the back row during one of the waves. One of the enemies was tossing around sleep quite a bit. Not a whole lot of HP to cut through them though.

15 stamina per round is a little pricey though.

The incoming damage was enough to prevent me from getting a Mastery. I'd say it's pretty appropriately tuned if you have a strong group. Fire and Lightning damage will help a lot.

This is going to be one of those things for people who obsessively mini/max everything. Blah.

Also, this Event has Elite dungeons. :eek:

Vorpal

Just got home from work. I was mindlessly grinding Flan until I scrolled down and saw posts about the Rinoa event being live. Well hello!

I said I would keep grinding Flan today but I can't resist the shiny new event. Let's do this

Edit: Yeeah let's do this :(

m4vTiypl.png

Keeps locking up for some reason.

Bisonian

This is going to be one of those things for people who obsessively mini/max everything. Blah.

Also, this Event has Elite dungeons. :eek:

Well, I have not been min/maxing anything and it feels like a good achievable challenge that I can't auto attack through. Requires me to actually use my abilities for a change. I am running a full party of 50's though so take that as you will. Either way, it's nice to have something that I have to pay attention to for a change.

GAMERG0D

Uh... wow. Heroic is really really hard without synergy weapons for VII. Of course there are leather gloves but Cloud and Sephiroth tho.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Threw myself at the Heroic Daily without preparation and only got an Expert. I'll have to pay attention to gear and abilities before I do it again for the Mastery. I'll do it some other week, I don't want to burn the rest of my stamina on it instead of playing the event.

Wazzy

Banned
The music is so good ahhhhh

I always laugh at the Deling theme but also really love it's fart sounding beginning.

Shahed

Well you wanna use Fire on the Soldier, Thunder obviously on the Robot, and not sure about the purple dragon bat thing. Just bring honed stuff like Double Cut.

Edit: Okay for the Robot you want to take him down quick so he doesn't do Mantra Magic. Otherwise just stock up on Thunder and Fire spells/strikes. I didn't actually bother with much healing and tried to kill them before they killed me. I used all 4 FFVII characters who were 49-50 and Rydia also on 49. Leather Glove and Protect Vests were the only synergy gear I had. Cloud and Rydia one shot them with weakness otherwise it's a two shot. Sephiroth and Tifa require a two shot as well using Breaks/Double Cut. Got Expert first round but managed to get Mastery overall

I had 10 3* Adamantite and 1 4* altogether not including the one for Mastery

Vorpal

How does the drops and XP from Heroic compare to Hard?

Just finished a Heroic with Mastery and came way with 11 Adamantite 3*. No Small Adamantite or gear. Game crashes whenever I try to load "Daily Dungeon Rules" so I dunno if gear is even in the loot table. Couldn't say much about EXP since Wakka was the only person earning any--looks like he moved maybe 15% through level 45?

Even with synergy gear and mostly level 50s, I kept Aerith Cura-ing and lost Wakka at one point. It's cool to have some risk in a daily.

Shahed

If that's what it was like for FFVII on heroic I'll probably have a lot easier time with FFIV and FFVI due to having characters and gear. The main one I'm worried about is FFX since there is no gear bar Wakka's. FFII I managed to at least farm three sets Mythril Knife ++.

Falk

that puzzling face
If that's what it was like for FFVII on heroic I'll probably have a lot easier time with FFIV and FFVI due to having characters and gear. The main one I'm worried about is FFX since there is no gear bar Wakka's. FFII I managed to at least farm three sets Mythril Knife ++.

FFII daily heroic is going to be magical

johnsmith

remember me
New daily was easy with my A team. Got mastery on the first try, didn't even go for any synergy gear. As long as you're level 50 and don't just auto battle it's no problem.

Shahed

FFII daily heroic is going to be magical

That's among the main ones as well! FFX, FFII and FFIV for the
e rarer Orbs. While doing VI and VII would be nice for the better materials and potential gear, it doesn't really matter. I'll probably only do one Mastery run for Gil and Exp unless they give obscene amounts. Same for materials day which is situational
http://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/35cpf9/rinoa_event_dungeon_difficulties/

Good lord. Can an unlucky F2P player clear the entire thing? i guess we'll find out!

Not even going to try the latter stages of Elite until the 2nd week. Gonna create and hone abilities first.
If this daily is anything to go by (10+ 3*s per full run) this is going to speed up orb farming a lot

I wonder how Heroic XP compares to Flans. Flans are ~50% better than Hard XP daily before RS bonus for VI characters.

The only thing is with Flans is that you can take a character by themself or with one other person to power level right from Level 1. That probably won't be possible on Sunday even if it's a lot better in terms of experience.

Falk

that puzzling face
If this daily is anything to go by (10+ 3*s per full run) this is going to speed up orb farming a lot

I wonder how Heroic XP compares to Flans. Flans are ~50% better than Hard XP daily before RS bonus for VI characters.

I'm out of stamina but I want to keep going. There's so much to do now and I don't want to get behind. :(

I basically missed all week playing Ys and Broken Age and neglecting this

I feel like missing every other week is eventually going to catch up with me, no way I'll be able to finish the elite version of this event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom