• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashodin

My Terra gonna smite all the bitches

Drop a comet on that t-rex

We live in exciting times

500x667xextinctionofatrex.jpg.pagespeed.ic.AP3i2L1WaC.jpg

Wazzy

Banned
Oh man Seifer sprite looks amazing.

Dat boss theme

Edit: Rinoa get!!! Time for some flan grinding. Also Edea requires Rinoa for master achievement lol

Falk

that puzzling face
My medium term plans are gonna be this:

This week: Clear Normal Sorceress, get Rinoa up to 50, do the first 6 Elite Sorceress stages, farm orbs like mad monkey from dailies.

Next week: Clear the presumably new paintings on Classic for stamina slingshots (unsure about farmable FF8 gear, but those would help too), more orbs, then do the rest of the Elite Sorceress dungeons, one attempt each. (Clear rewards for everything seems better than faltering shots at Mastery rewards). Switch over to new painting Elites regardless of success or failure, keep farming orbs, then take last shot at Elite Sorceress events on the last two days if necessary.

I don't think there's a point attempting to do T-Rex onwards on Elite this week when next week should see another silver platter of clear/mastery freebies. Might as well bulk up this entire week - attempts cost the same amount of stamina regardless. Especially when the new paintings are probably another 11 pull plus some loose change.

Ashodin

My medium term plans are gonna be this:

This week: Clear Normal Sorceress, get Rinoa up to 50, do the first 6 Elite Sorceress stages, farm orbs like mad monkey from dailies.

Next week: Clear the presumably new paintings on Classic for stamina slingshots (unsure about farmable FF8 gear, but those would help too), more orbs, then do the rest of the Elite Sorceress dungeons, one attempt each. (Clear rewards for everything seems better than faltering shots at Mastery rewards). Switch over to new painting Elites regardless of success or failure, keep farming orbs, then take last shot at Elite Sorceress events on the last two days if necessary.

I don't think there's a point attempting to do T-Rex onwards on Elite this week when next week should see another silver platter of clear/mastery freebies. Might as well bulk up this entire week - attempts cost the same amount of stamina regardless. Especially when the new paintings are probably another 11 pull plus some loose change.

We in deep son

Falk

that puzzling face
Are we getting new paintings? I haven't seen that yet.

The new painting sets include FF8 which is from the start of the game to the Brothers dungeon near Galbadia. Conveniently enough Rinoa event hit a few days later on the JP service, hence it's in order.

Assuming that we're still 'on schedule' with merely a swapped Lenna and Rinoa event, this means the next update SHOULD be the paintings. Stranger things have happened to the US release schedule though, so take with a grain of salt.

Falk

that puzzling face
No 3* drops from dungeons other than Black Cowl at the moment. You need to get (insanely) lucky with gacha. The two were probably from Celes event.

thematic

No 3* drops from dungeons other than Black Cowl at the moment. You need to get (insanely) lucky with gacha. The two were probably from Celes event.

all I get from Rare Draw was 3* and 4* sword and 5* staff
any tips which 2* sword/knife should I try to upgrade? or its preferable to wait till my luck changes with sword :|

Falk

that puzzling face
Depends which Classic/Elite dungeons you're gonna be tackling next, really. Record Synergy makes it so that 1*++ get you really far unless you were already rolling in 4/5* items.

Man these Heroic dailies

Cloud with Bladeblitz be all CRUNK SMASH

Terra with Quake be all CRUNK-ko ALSO SMASH

Got 14(!) 3* Adamantite off my first run.

With Ifrit/Shiva/Syldra along for the ride that means I can probably 1-shot 7 out of 9 waves for all of the new Heroic dailies including II and X barring elemental null/absorb. Good times.

Man, the feels from this event. I am going to have to replay FFVIII after I finish replaying FFIV. This game's ability to drive me back to old FFs is amazing, lol.

johnsmith

remember me
I can't remember a damn thing about FF8. I beat it, but I considered it the worst FF at the time I played it, and really the only other contenders for that spot are 2 and 13. Never replayed it and never had any desire to.

Anustart

Cam auto celes on normal, barely get past a round on hard, and its boring as hell. 3000 crystals. Don't know how some of you have 100s of thousands.

Cam auto celes on normal, barely get past a round on hard, and its boring as hell. 3000 crystals. Don't know how some of you have 100s of thousands.

Stuff like 5 star weapons, blade blitz, or lots of summons can make quick work of a lot of mobs in the hard version of Celes event.

Pejo

Man, the feels from this event. I am going to have to replay FFVIII after I finish replaying FFIV. This game's ability to drive me back to old FFs is amazing, lol.

This game is the best damn marketing you could make. It's fun enough to get its hooks into you, and it makes you put on those Rose Tinted Goggles and want to replay old games. I already bought FFIV on Android like a week after playing Record Keeper.

Fuck it's depressing how good Squaresoft used to be.

Noi

It does so in the japanese version. I'd expect that to come to the English version... whenever any of the future QOL updates roll out.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Seriously fuck the celes event. I only started playing this game about a week ago - all my main characters (keeper + Rydia + cloud + kain + white mage) are ~level 30. I can't reliably beat hard so I'm farming normal for like 15-20% of the magicite.

Once I get Celes I think I'm calling it quits.

jwhit28

Seriously fuck the celes event. I only started playing this game about a week ago - all my main characters (keeper + Rydia + cloud + kain + white mage) are ~level 30. I can't reliably beat hard so I'm farming normal for like 15-20% of the magicite.

It seems like it would be annoying but I'm rolling in high rarity FFVI stuff. It's the game I'm best prepared for (besides FFXII which we all should crush).

Wazzy

Banned

Farm the flans on hard and you'll level up much faster! They're easy to kill and 30 is a survivable level. Most of us got half our characters to 50 with this this trick.
So now the question is, should I do an 11 pull? A Valkyrie would be pretty sweet...
I was tempted but I'm waiting for Gunblade. :(

I kinda want to wait too until there's an event for a weapon that I really want. As much as I love Rinoa, it's not her fighting capabilities that are her most useful attribute, but 5* throwing weapons are pretty cool...

I've done two 11 pulls so far, the first one was great but the second one sucked, and I really want to erase that one from my mind, but I should just be patient. :/

johnsmith

remember me
So is the only way to pull from those banners? There's no genric pull you can use that gives you better than the laughable 0.001% rate for a character weapon?

If so, this is the worst gacha in the industry, holy shit.

Anyway, I'm saving my mythril for the next 4 character banner. Hopefully there'll be one with the next content push.

I got Celes after what seemed to be an eternity of Medium runs and said fuck it. Never again doing the Flans or No 24 or No 128 and all that shit.

Almost got Rinoa, just 4 more hours for Stamina refill.

Just a little bit longer and then I'll have Rinoa! Then she's going to Flan camp.

Elite To Slay a Sorceress will have to wait until I finish up farming the Celes event. Hopefully by then there be some good strategies available. I'm not looking forward to level 99 difficulty with almost no record synergy stuff. >_<

Edit: Especially after reading this topic on reddit.

GaimeGuy

Farm the flans on hard and you'll level up much faster! They're easy to kill and 30 is a survivable level. Most of us got half our characters to 50 with this this trick.

I can farm the flans but I stil lfeel like my characters are too weak to take on hard mode overall. Is that okay? :(

Just got through 5 out of 8 stages and retreated - that was about as well as I: felt I could do, actually - swapped out kain for terra and kept rydia in as a second healer and occasional damage dealer. (Terra's only in the low 20s though)

Wazzy

Banned
I can farm the flans but I stil lfeel like my characters are too weak to take on hard mode.

Just got through 5 out of 8 stages and retreated, actually - swapped out kain for terra and kept rydia in as a second healer and occasional damage dealer. (Terra's only in the low 20s though)
With your full party you should be able to take on flans in hard mode. Once they're a bit higher, you should be able to lower your party to two and level even faster. If you have any VI weapons the synergy will kill them faster.

If you're able to get double cut you'll get through them even faster. Also you just need to fight flans and then retreat once you beat them. :) once you're high, you can beat hard mode no problem.

Who's your party?

GaimeGuy

With your full party you should be able to take on flans in hard mode. Once they're a bit higher, you should be able to lower your party to two and level even faster. If you have any VI weapons the synergy will kill them faster.

If you're able to get double cut you'll get through them even faster.

Who's your party?

Right now?

Front Row:
Terra L22 - Falchion 9/10 (FFVI), Crystal Helm (VI) 9/15, Hyper Wrist (VI). Salve (1/5) and Slow (1/5)

Keeper L31 - Bastard Sword (VI) 10/10, Genji Helm (V) 5/20, Power Wrist (VII). Wind Slash and Thunder Strike, both 1/5

Cloud L31 - Falchion (VI) 8/10, Mythrill Mail (VI) 10/10, Power Wrist (VII). Thunder Strike and Fire Strike, both 1/5

Back Row:

Rydia L31 - Whip (IV) 5/5, Beret (VI) 5/5, Hero's Ring (VI). Cura and Thundara (both 1/5)

White Mage L30 - Light Staff (III) 8/15, Silk Robe+ (VI) 5/5, Choco Feather (VII). Cure (2/5) and Protect (1/5)

Definitely lacking on the abilities front

All the FFVIII enemies look really awesome. I love seeing the humanoid characters in pixel boss form. (Now if we could get Edea and Seifer as playable characters, that would be even better.)

Wazzy

Banned
Right now?

Front Row:
Terra L22 - Falchion 9/10 (FFVI), Crystal Helm (VI) 9/15, Hyper Wrist (VI). Salve (1/5) and Slow (1/5)

Keeper L31 - Bastard Sword (VI) 10/10, Genji Helm (V) 5/20, Power Wrist (VII). Wind Slash and Thunder Strike, both 1/5

Cloud L31 - Falchion (VI) 8/10, Mythrill Mail (VI) 10/10, Power Wrist (VII). Thunder Strike and Fire Strike, both 1/5

Back Row:

Rydia L31 - Whip (IV) 5/5, Beret (VI) 5/5, Hero's Ring (VI). Cura and Thundara (both 1/5)

White Mage L30 - Light Staff (III) 8/15, Silk Robe+ (VI) 5/5, Choco Feather (VII). Cure (2/5) and Protect (1/5)

Definitely lacking on the abilities front
Yup! Cloud with VI synergy should one shot a flan and if you can get double cut you're set. If not, you'll still be fine! It might be a harder but they're still easily killable.

Just a little bit longer and then I'll have Rinoa! Then she's going to Flan camp.

Elite To Slay a Sorceress will have to wait until I finish up farming the Celes event. Hopefully by then there be some good strategies available. I'm not looking forward to level 99 difficulty with almost no record synergy stuff. >_<

Edit: Especially after reading this topic on reddit.

LOL he is getting destroyed by the boss. And he has this kind of stats:

Code:
FYI, this is my party setup: (all are level 50)

Cloud - 15/15 Galbadian Sword++, 25/25 Genji Helm+ [Drain Strike + Retaliate]

Sephiroth - 20/20 Danjuro, 15/15 Diamond Armlet [Magic Break + Double Cut]

Pala Cecil - 20/20 Crystal Sword+, 20/20 Genji Shield [Stona + Slow]

Aerith - 20/20 Judgement Staff, 20/20 Black Cowl++ [Cura r4 + Dia]

Terra - 20/20 Enhancer (VI), 20/20 Genji Helm [Bio r2 + Quake r2]

I have a feeling the new Elites and Events are more and more becoming pay 2 win for Mythril revival.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
LOL he is getting destroyed by the boss. And he has this kind of stats:

Code:
FYI, this is my party setup: (all are level 50)

Cloud - 15/15 Galbadian Sword++, 25/25 Genji Helm+ [Drain Strike + Retaliate]

Sephiroth - 20/20 Danjuro, 15/15 Diamond Armlet [Magic Break + Double Cut]

Pala Cecil - 20/20 Crystal Sword+, 20/20 Genji Shield [Stona + Slow]

Aerith - 20/20 Judgement Staff, 20/20 Black Cowl++ [Cura r4 + Dia]

Terra - 20/20 Enhancer (VI), 20/20 Genji Helm [Bio r2 + Quake r2]

I have a feeling the new Elites and Events are more and more becoming pay 2 win...
Well, some people in here wanted harder, so I bet they are happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom