• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wazzy

Banned
Hmmm I might have to wait until the repeat event to beat the elites since i would have a big VIII party by then.

Rinoa's more than halfway to 50!

Hmmm I might have to wait until the repeat event to beat the elites since i would have a big VIII party by then.

Rinoa's more than halfway to 50!
I wonder if they will repeat events though, at least until we catch up. The seem to be giving us stuff a bit faster than it was in Japan, and it's probably in an effort to eventually get us at parity.

At least there's no unique rewards in the Elite event (maybe the Ice Ring?), but a lot of them are really tempting. o_o

Wazzy

Banned
Rinoa Heartilly is not a canucks fan.
Excuse you, she is wearing the jersey and she has amazing taste so she must be.

I wonder if they will repeat events though, at least until we catch up. The seem to be giving us stuff a bit faster than it was in Japan, and it's probably in an effort to eventually get us at parity.

At least there's no unique rewards in the Elite event (maybe the Ice Ring?), but a lot of them are really tempting. o_o
They definitely will but it probably won't be for a while since we're still playing catch up. :(

1 more hour til Rinoa.

From the looks of it, I'll need repels to Blind/Silence/Petrify for the harder mode as my team took all those ailments(and sleep, which has an easy cure) in the normal mode.

Getting that Genji Armor earlier from Mythril collected from this event put new life into my team. With my current party, 4 of 5 characters are over 100 Def and the other is pretty close. I'm pretty sure I can take down all the elite dungeons I haven't beat(perhaps maybe not North Mountain from V) when I want to now.

They definitely will but it probably won't be for a while since we're still playing catch up. :(
And they've been releasing a crazy amount of stuff in Japan lately. Like 3 or 4 events running simultaneously. Things are probably gonna get a little bit nuts here too, it already seems to be starting a bit.

How's the Gil Elite Daily difficulty wise? I managed the Elite daily yesterday fine though I synerged that bitch up.

I hadn't realised that Core Characters had Synergy in the Core Dungeons until today but I never bothered with those anyways :( Now I feel bad for them and me :(

Falk

that puzzling face
Well, some people in here wanted harder, so I bet they are happy.

I'd rather have an insurmountable difficulty than not. With reissues, there's always more time to prepare, and it's not like you absolutely NEED the Mastery (or Clear) rewards off the Elite event past maybe stage 7 or so.

Game suddenly became as interesting as it was back before the first set of Elites were nerfed, when you were looking at Vargas and going "How the shit!?"

Even with that gear we're not near the theoretical max power level yet. (Imagine if you could run Terra/Rinoa at 50 with 6 shots of Quake each, for an extreme, unrealistic example, but it's in the game)

If the event entices more whales to help gacha themselves purple in the face and pay for the game to keep it free for me, all the better.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
My 4* and 5* equipment: Crystal Helm (VI), Light Staff (III), Genji Helm (V), Danjuro (XII)

Razmos

I really wanted Rinoa's 5 star weapon but I was out of Mythril. So I looked at the prices of gems.

Holy shit that is overpriced. It costs nearly £30 to do an 11 draw, and just under £3 for a single draw.
Absolutely no way.

I wish the FFVIII mobs would drop VIII equipment rather than the usual vendor trash.

Falk

that puzzling face
New sets of common loot usually come with new paintings (This is where our deluge of Vest III, Broadsword V, etc started - that first painting update) and I will be sorely disappointed if the next batch, esp. with FFVIII realm, doesn't drop any.

Razmos

Just saw this linked on the FFRK subreddit:
limit_nope__by_nebezial-d8njsen.jpg
Source

I really wanted Rinoa's 5 star weapon but I was out of Mythril. So I looked at the prices of gems.

Holy shit that is overpriced. It costs nearly £30 to do an 11 draw, and just under £3 for a single draw.
Absolutely no way.

I wish the FFVIII mobs would drop VIII equipment rather than the usual vendor trash.

Pretty standard price for these games, honestly. Slightly less, actually, depending on if you get a bigger pack.

First draw of the event and I got Valkyrie. Guess I know where all my growth eggs are going that I've been saving for a month.
Just Flan train her. Unless you have something else you need to spend stamina on immediately, there shouldn't be any need to use Growth Eggs on anyone until the Celes event is over.

Nohar

Well, the freemium mechanic shows its ugly head with this Elite event. It seems nearly impossible to complete it without some very good gatcha items (according to reddit), which means being incredibly lucky, and/or pay for more stuff and retries.
Yeah, I'll pass. I won't spend a single euro for this.

Falk

that puzzling face
I'd rather just stick her with a bladeblitz bot (fighter helloooooo) in Flan County than have her go solo.

Jyrii

Banned
I have been doing the normal version with party of four: Celes (lv39), Aerith (lv21), Cyan (lv17) and Terra (36).

I should have probably switched Celes to a lower lv character or just do the dungeons with 3 party members, but I'm at the second last dungeon.

Falk

that puzzling face
If you can use the dragon summon, makes it really easy. If not, fire works well.

You know, at this point I'm glad I made zero 2* summons prior to Kirin, because honed Kirin looks like it's going to have the most long-term utility.

Screw Dragon.

Road

When you guys flan train, is there any level when you start soloing her?

If you can use the dragon summon, makes it really easy. If not, fire works well.

Unfortunately Rinoa can't use summon and Flan are immune to Quake.

I started solo with her at level 18 (used another char to get her there), but my best defense is a Diamond Vest (VI). If you have better FFVI equipment, you might start earlier.

. As much as I love Rinoa, it's not her fighting capabilities that are her most useful attribute, but 5* throwing weapons are pretty cool...

I would love this fighting ability: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3NcFgI_lEc

Useless against boss who resist Lightning element, though.

duckroll

Finally got Celes earlier. Still haven't cleared the Hard mode for the event, but I'm thinking that I might just say fuck it. Lol. Already trying out the Rinoa event and I'm so glad it's like the Terra one. So much less stressful. FFVIII music and sprites <3 <3 <3 <3. :)

Falk

that puzzling face
I think people are gonna go apeshit nostalgia overload when FFVII/VIII/IX paintings (beyond the measly 2 VIIs) release.

Falk

that puzzling face
What paintings?

VIII up to Galbadia is (if we aren't wrong) scheduled for next week. On the other hand more VII and IX was a statement in general.

Got Rinoa. Think I'm actually going to go back and do some more Celes event before failing at the Rinoa Elites.

First few are safe tbh. Might as well get them out of the way. The increase is difficulty is gradual so you should know when it's time to call it quits.

But yeah, I'm not touching T-Rex onwards till at least next week. No point wasting the stamina, especially when pimped-up dailies are calling my name.

Riona will join the ranks of Cloud, Aerith, Tifa and Sephiroth as characters I will never give one level up to.

But I did get hers, so whatever.

Back to working towards that second Hero's Ring.

Well, the freemium mechanic shows its ugly head with this Elite event. It seems nearly impossible to complete it without some very good gatcha items (according to reddit), which means being incredibly lucky, and/or pay for more stuff and retries.
Yeah, I'll pass. I won't spend a single euro for this.

Or just wait until next time when you have record materia and more abilities. They also gave us heroics which should make 3* and 4* orbs easier to farm

Made less Gil with the Heroic daily than I usually do with Hard, maybe I was just unlucky. Got 0 drop on my first stage of armor upgrade on Heroic yesterday and pretty average drops on the other two. I must have been unlucky again because someone here got pretty good drops. Anyway, not impressed so far but 4* orbs is what should be interesting if the drop rate is acceptable!

Shahed

I thought I'd roll a token Relic just for the sake of it. Got a 5* weapon! Turned out to be the Judgement Staff again. I'm happy on one hand that I'll have a 6* Weapon, but at the same time it's the one I would have least wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom