• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razmos

Jeez, Seifer was a true slog. Took forever and used most of my attacks on him. Ended up getting "Expert" on his fight due to actions taken and damage taken.
On the plus side, the battle being long means that I ended having lots of full limit break gauges to dump on Edea. I got Expert on her too (due to the bullshit "Have Rinoa" criteria)

Overall I mastered the dungeon on the first try though. Yay for Rinoa! yay for a Major Dark Orb!

Made less Gil with the Heroic daily than I usually do with Hard, maybe I was just unlucky. Got 0 drop on my first stage of armor upgrade on Heroic yesterday and pretty average drops on the other two. I must have been unlucky again because someone here got pretty good drops. Anyway, not impressed so far but 4* orbs is what should be interesting if the drop rate is acceptable!

I got 6 3* adamantite when I did it

Roto13

Six slows and an Aerith soul break on Seifer and no Slow status. When I do it on Elite, I'm just going to give her healing magic. Forget slow. Not worth it.

Falk

that puzzling face
Six slows and an Aerith soul break on Seifer and no Slow status. When I do it on Elite, I'm just going to give her healing magic. Forget slow. Not worth it.

Realistically speaking, when you do it on Elite and hope to have a chance getting past the Iguions you'll probably be rocking Slowga. But yes, Tidus is probably a better bet considering how much min-maxing the entire stage is gonna take even on the reissue.

And believe you me you're going to want every star you can get considering how many are going to be lost just from Actions/Damage Taken.

Kain

I think people are gonna go apeshit nostalgia overload when FFVII/VIII/IX paintings (beyond the measly 2 VIIs) release.

Yep, with IX I'll faint for sure. I sure did with Theatrhyrthm or whatever is spelled xD

BTW, the UI and performance of this game is atrocious and it's doing stupid things with my Nexus 5 like shrinking menus and bad scrolling. I tried reinstalling and it didn't solve the issues, it's weird.

Well, the freemium mechanic shows its ugly head with this Elite event. It seems nearly impossible to complete it without some very good gatcha items (according to reddit), which means being incredibly lucky, and/or pay for more stuff and retries.
Yeah, I'll pass. I won't spend a single euro for this.

Think this is less of a freemium problem ahs more of a "they fucked up releasing content out of order" since the only synergy gear is what little you get as rewards from the event itself.

That said... Fuck yes! Finally some content I can bang my head against and fail a few times! It baffles me that some people only want all content to be instant farm ready the moment it comes out. The most fun I've had with this game so far was the overtuned elites on release.

Think this is less of a freemium problem ahs more of a "they fucked up releasing content out of order" since the only synergy gear is what little you get as rewards from the event itself.

That said... Fuck yes! Finally some content I can bang my head against and fail a few times! It baffles me that some people only want all content to be instant farm ready the moment it comes out. The most fun I've had with this game so far was the overtuned elites on release.

Indeed, I like failing at something and then 3 months later trying again and seeing how much I've improved. Unless i get lucky and score a bunch of greater orbs I don't think I'll be getting quake (and thus killing elite iguion) but I'm happy about that. Just gives me more to look forward to

Meneses

The best part of this game is that it makes me re-install the original games and play through them again.

FFVIII >>>>>>>>>>>

Ashodin

V is pretty neat on a mechanical level, but there's little to be desired on a mass market appeal level.

Battle on the Big Bridge, Gilga-fucking-mesh, All the jobs, The endgame ultimate weapon hunts, the Esper hunts, The crazy secret fucking Ultima Weapon-ish boss, the backstory to Butz and the previous band of heroes.... I could go on man

Is there anything other than quake i can use to easily solo farm flans with rinoa?

Summons and Bladeblitz are your friend. Quake does zero damage.

Zantetsuken! Yay
6mDjynRl.jpg

Battle on the Big Bridge, Gilga-fucking-mesh, All the jobs, The endgame ultimate weapon hunts, the Esper hunts, The crazy secret fucking Ultima Weapon-ish boss, the backstory to Butz and the previous band of heroes.... I could go on man

Summons and Bladeblitz are your friend. Quake does zero damage.

I have Dragon but seems Rinoa can't use it. Not sure about Bladeblitz because I'm 0/8 of the way towards having the Greater Wind Orbs for it. Right now I'm duoing with Summoner/Rinoa, but was hoping I could solo it. Could probably leave Rinoa in for all 5 kills individually, just kinda slow

I have Dragon but seems Rinoa can't use it. Not sure about Bladeblitz because I'm 0/8 of the way towards having the Greater Wind Orbs for it. Right now I'm duoing with Summoner/Rinoa, but was hoping I could solo it. Could probably leave Rinoa in for all 5 kills individually, just kinda slow

I think I left her all alone in the back row with a 4-star disc. At level 19. She barely survived her two battles and only Experted them, but it's a start

Ashodin

Summoner and Rinoa killing it, Rinoa almost to 40 now

Only enough mythril for a single pull? Bah Damn you event! I guess with the master dailies there will be enough for 3 if you count 5 day login bonus.

dantehemi

Just did my first 50 mytril relic draw and I'm pretty happy..I got the 5* Valkyrie and the 5* Balamb garden uniform..is this considered a good drop?

Also is this a good time to use all those upgrade materials on those 5 star pieces? Does it really matter what I use? Or just dump all of them into both pieces?

Roto13

Just did my first 50 mytril relic draw and I'm pretty happy..I got the 5* Valkyrie and the 5* Balamb garden uniform..is this considered a good drop?

Also is this a good time to use all those upgrade materials on those 5 star pieces? Does it really matter what I use? Or just dump all of them into both pieces?

Any pull with a 5 star is good. More than one 5 star is extra good.

It's generally best to use scarletite on weapons and adamantite on armour. Other weapons and pieces of armour aren't very efficient for upgrading. Better to sell what you don't need.

Xetherion

Yes, upgrade costs are based on the native rarity of the item, so 5* items are the most expensive to upgrade. Definitely best to use upgrade mats on them. Upgrade costs also go up with level, so use 2* upgrade mats first and then use 3* upgrade mats for the last few levels (so you have to use less mats in the higher levels when the costs are higher).

Also yes it matters which ones you use. Scarletite gives double xp when used for weapons and adamantite gives double xp on armors.

I didn't slow Seifer and I didn't have Rinoa in my party and still got a Master for that, as long as you brutalize every enemy quick smart you don't need them.
Expert will obviously be different...but then again, it's a pipe dream for me to even think about beating Seifer and Edea without even thinking about the Master bonuses.

There's just something not right about continually subjecting Rinoa to constant attacks of Sapping Ooze and Sticky Goo, but she's holding her own and is getting better at it, battle by battle

I didn't slow Seifer and I didn't have Rinoa in my party and still got a Master for that, as long as you brutalize every enemy quick smart you don't need them.
Expert will obviously be different...but then again, it's a pipe dream for me to even think about beating Seifer and Edea without even thinking about the Master bonuses.
I got Master without Rinoa by replaying it with Bio and Slow.

I'll attempt the Elite version (at least until I hit a wall) once I finish the awful Magitek event (just going for the Hero's Ring).

Vorpal

I'm up to ~42,000 memory prisms primarily from flan grinding.
can't stop won't stop
Kinda nice! I was expecting to just hover around 10,000 forever. I finished each difficulty and fought through the No. 24 setup once or twice, but everything else has been from flan.

At this point, everyone is level 45 or 50 except for Rinoa and my core classes (excluding Summoner). I'd like get them up to at least 40 before the event ends. Maybe I can squeak by and grab the Hero's Ring too.

There's just something not right about continually subjecting Rinoa to constant attacks of Sapping Ooze and Sticky Goo, but she's holding her own and is getting better at it, battle by battle

Totally. I gave Rinoa haste for a while but I think that only angered the Flan.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Thank God today is Gil day. The past 4-5 days I ran out of money from upgrading items and my inventory was nearing the cap so I had to sell some items instead of using them towards upgrades and I couldn't run the armor and weapon upgrade dailies because I had no inventory space and gil to use them! :(

Ashodin

Thank God today is Gil day. The past 4-5 days I ran out of money from upgrading items and my inventory was nearing the cap so I had to sell some items instead of using them towards upgrades and I couldn't run the armor and weapon upgrade dailies because I had no inventory space and gil to use them! :(

You gotta prune bro. If you're holding onto weak synergy items when you have 5*s or 4*s that are better, you gotta prune.

chrono01

You gotta prune bro. If you're holding onto weak synergy items when you have 5*s or 4*s that are better, you gotta prune.
I really should go through my Inventory. I want to stockpile it all, but I can't. I even increased my limit to 140 and it's still not enough.

Kitoro

I've really only been playing the events until I unlock their characters, and then breaking away to other games. I've not bothered messing with my team since getting Aeris.

I'm currently using Sephiroth, Cloud, Tifa, Aeris, and Rydia.

I now have Celes and Rinoa to think about. Do either of them serve as optimal replacements for Aeris or Rydia?

What's the ideal team makeup looking like right now?

Lastly, I've got enough for a 10 pull again, but is Rinoa's weapon worth getting, or should I wait for a different rate up?

Thanks so much!

Team lower leveled auto attack scrubs got stomped by Seifer, they beat him but not without burning through all their abilities and still got a notice. Gonna retreat and bring in the A team just to get the last mastery and Rinoa

oni_saru

I have 8 power wrists. Is there any reason to keep that many or should i just sell some?

I wish i would have known about the flan grind earlier!!

Falk

that puzzling face
I'mma let you finish and all of that but why are you guys (Zantetsuken last page) still rolling on the Celes banner when the big issue right now is the hilariously insurmountable FFVIII content :V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom