• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You get a lot of Lesser Lightning Orb along the way to the level where it will be the most needed. Nice on their part!

Edit: 15 orbs to floor 40 if you master them when needed.

Einbroch

Banned
I wish I drew one. :(

Sucks that such a good weapon has to be drawn randomly and get lucky.

It's not so much the Buster Sword. Take any FFVII weapon into the event dungeon, level it to max, and you'll do 80% of the damage the Buster Sword does.

People vastly underestimate how much damage attuned weapons do. A three star attuned weapon will outdamage a five star not-attuned weapon.

JNA

Banned
It's not so much the Buster Sword. Take any FFVII weapon into the event dungeon, level it to max, and you'll do 80% of the damage the Buster Sword does.

People vastly underestimate how much damage attuned weapons do. A three star attuned weapon will outdamage a five star not-attuned weapon.

I don't have any FFVII weapons though. If I did, this wouldn't be an issue. XD

I hope there is VII weapons along the way in these floors. Could definitely use one or two.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I don't have any FFVII weapons though. If I did, this wouldn't be an issue. XD

I hope there is VII weapons along the way in these floors. Could definitely use one or two.

Too bad there aren't any ranged ffvii weapons.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I've done like no prep leading up to this event. How screwed am I? I'm on the 2nd set of floors right now. Would I reasonably be able to complete the entire event?

Yaari

So wheres that Masamune? I saw saving Mithril even though I probably won't get Sephiroth.
A week is alot of time to progress though, especially at the rate Stamina recovers here. I think I can get pretty far. Is Thursday the dungeon that might give me Lesser Lightning Orbs on the side?

JNA

Banned
Once I get Tifa. Is it worth it leveling her and having her in the party for the rest of the floors?

Flambe

So wheres that Masamune? I saw saving Mithril even though I probably won't get Sephiroth.
A week is alot of time to progress though, especially at the rate Stamina recovers here. I think I can get pretty far. Is Thursday the dungeon that might give me Lesser Lightning Orbs on the side?

In game tifas glove is on through April 4th so probably after that till end of event

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Awesome event so far. I'm out of stamina now but I'll start back at it in the morning. I almost got to the floor with Tifa. Traded in my mythril to the number gods and got a 3* item.

I'm loving all the lightning orb drops early on - crafted Thundara and almost have enough to hone it.

MicH

Jusr ean out of stamina at the stage where Tifa is recruitable. I did cash in five mythrils for a relic and got another 4* Hypno Crown. Really nice piece of armor

Prototype

Just ran out of stamina but this are going smooth in the shinra building so far. Lvl 27ish and just got the final orbs I needed for thundara.

Roto13

So there's a boss in the new challenge that can only be hit by ranged attacks? None of my current party members can used ranged weapons except I assume Tyro. Rydia has her magic. But that probably won't be enough.

iosefe

So there's a boss in the new challenge that can only be hit by ranged attacks? None of my current party members can used ranged weapons except I assume Tyro. Rydia has her magic. But that probably won't be enough.

time to bring in the Bard and Ranger

i hope you've been leveling them

Roto13

I guess I'll level Wakka and the Ranger, and use Tyro and Rydia since I've been using them anyway. Fifth member can be the White Mage for healing like I've always done.

JNA

Banned
What does the Silver Harp do exactly? I never used a Bard in any Final Fantasy game before.

Not that I'm using one here but apparently I should use it on my Tyro.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Downloaded it.

This is without exaggeration the first and only mobile game of any kind whatsoever that I have attempted to play. Literally ever.

Got through the tutorial. Got a Falchion, a Growth Egg, and... downloaded Tidus and Warrior. Cool. So I guess there's no story aside from a framing device and it's all fight-oriented. Not usually my cup of tea but the goddamn Squaresoft characters and goddamn beautiful soundtrack may just keep me around for a bit. Gotta be up in five hours but I'll log some time on the bus tomorrow maybe. Gotta hear more of dat music.

JPS Kai

Downloaded it.

This is without exaggeration the first and only mobile game of any kind whatsoever that I have attempted to play. Literally ever.

Got through the tutorial. Got a Falchion, a Growth Egg, and... downloaded Tidus and Warrior. Cool. So I guess there's no story aside from a framing device and it's all fight-oriented. Not usually my cup of tea but the goddamn Squaresoft characters and goddamn beautiful soundtrack may just keep me around for a bit. Gotta be up in five hours but I'll log some time on the bus tomorrow maybe. Gotta hear more of dat music.

That's honestly the best way to approach games of this style. I find myself playing a solid session just to blow through my stamina or just a battle or two while waiting for something to finish then go about my day.

MicH

Actually, I just realized I have a 3* Whip that is ranged too. I'll give Tyro that instead of the Harp

mstevens

So I just got Tifa and need to start on a plan to get Sephiroth by the end of the event.

I have 23 Titus, 24 Cloud, 24 Kain, 19 Tyro, 20 Rydia, 23 Wakka, 12 Bard

I also have Thundara.

What should I be doing? Just trying to level a Ranger, and get everyone to.. 30? I want to make sure I have a plan in place since this is a limited time thing and stamina is also limited. I'm thinking about just grinding the normal event each day as much as I can to level. Hit the XP day hard.

I don't really have any great weapons yet. Just a couple maxed out 3* swords, and the light staff/harp you get with the story. I've gotten two 5* items but they were both armor (Genji helmet and a robe).

edit: as you can tell, I'm liking my first real mobile experience.

Telosfortelos

Advocate for the People
I got my first five star weapon, Danjuro. It's no buster sword, but the damage is vastly superior to anything else I had (it starts at 69). I can't complain.

Negator

Should I keep these Kazekiri at 2 star so that multiple characters can use them while going into ff5 elite dungeons, or should I just 4 star it and slap it on someone?

Edit: OH GOD I'M RUNNING OUT OF GIL

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Just started earlier today, party is only lvl 14-17. Planning on just getting Tifa, anything else is gravy from the event. Managed to get to her floor block with no issues, ran out of stamina though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom