• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yogg

You mean drop rate information? Not enough information yet, I just looked in the database and there's only 2 runs of hard, and 21 runs of heroic recorded so far.

Sorry, I wasn't clear enough. I meant how much each rank upgrades an item; or many "item exp" each rank gives, so I can understand how much better 3* is compared to 2* for example.

Sorry, I wasn't clear enough. I meant how much each rank upgrades an item; or many "item exp" each rank gives, so I can understand how much better 3* is compared to 2* for example.

Oh that's easy to figure out. Choose an item to upgrade, and put one material into it. Click Upgrade, which will pop up a confirmation window. In that confirmation window it will show you how much experience you're going to get from that upgrade. If I remember correctly 2* is 2,000, 3* is 2,400 and I don't know what 4* and 5* are, but you can check if you just do that test.

Yogg

Oh that's easy to figure out. Choose an item to upgrade, and put one material into it. Click Upgrade, which will pop up a confirmation window. In that confirmation window it will show you how much experience you're going to get from that upgrade. If I remember correctly 2* is 2,000, 3* is 2,400 and I don't know what 4* and 5* are, but you can check if you just do that test.

Alright thanks for the tip ! I'll check that right away.

Man those XII dungeons should be a cakewalk for anyone that's been playing this game for any length of time. So much trash XII equipment that will have record synergy.

I actually sold some of my FFXII trash armor today. I got so sick of hanging on to it for something that feels so far off.

Ah, I see. Thanks a lot!

If you don't have Rinoa, you probably should focus on getting her before the FFVIII event is over. Anyone that knows about the Japanese version knows if we get second chances at getting event characters?
What level should I be around to take on that event cause I'm at level 10 and 9 with my characters.

Sera O

Banned
Oh Diablos, I remember you...

I don't have the right type of magic to check, but if
gravity magic is used on him does he heal the party like in the original game
? That would be neat.

Are there equipment drops for ff13 somewhere? I have not run into a single item so far. The situation is similar for ff8 but at least I got a few things from the Rinoa event for synergy. Meanwhile, I feel like half my inventory is ff12 stuff.

Kyari

This is a weird side note that no one here will actually care about, but as someone sprite modding aspects of the game, Warrior of Light's sprites have some weird unique quirks to them because of his Spirit Break.

Also the fact that the game is trying to sell us on him job changing to Knight to increase damage is kind of nonsense. And by kind of I mean it is totally nonsense.

Razmos

What level should I be around to take on that event cause I'm at level 10 and 9 with my characters.
i think maybe you should attempt the first level of the event and see how it goes, and if it goes alright, try the second one. If you can't do it, just go back to the normal dungeons and continue playing. You still have over a week of the event left, and that's plenty of time to get to a high enough level for at least some of the rewards.

I just reached the Presidential Train dungeon in FFVIII and I thought:
"I wonder what enemies I'll be fighting? probably Galbadian Soldiers like in the original game. I'm half expecting there to be T-Rexaurs here as well haha, like in every other FFVIII dungeon so far...
Nahhhh, they wouldn't do that"

> first round is 2 T-Rexaurs on a train.

This is taking the piss.

Wazzy

Banned
Ah shit I'm out of gil lmao I guess I'll still farm upgrades and then minor gil farming until Saturday. I might attempt T-Rex today since at least once SeeD uniform is maxed and the only three items I want to max are second SeeD, regal dress and Genji helm.

I hope Rydia is a better replacement for Cecil against T-Rex.

Yesssss
9e3b91ab525a9be42483fcd04dd08a0f.png

Looks like Rinoa is going to be a mainstay on my team for a while now. It's a pretty amazing item. Now I can have Rinoa on the back row doing lots of damage with auto attacks, and then being just as strong (if not stronger) than Rydia with spells when the time comes.

Also got a 4 star dagger with VIII synergy, which will be useful for the new dungeons.
Congratz!!! You're joining the Superior Rinoa team club. :D

Yogg

2* are 1200 and 3* are 2000, I've yet to gain a new 4* but I'll report it once I have one.

I still think, so far, that hard runs are more efficient than heroic runs:
- heroic: 6 runs with 1 to 4x 3* for 15 stam, average 3 drops or 400 points per stam, excluding the rare 4* I haven't dropped any of yet,
- hard: 10 runs with 4 to 6 stones with about one third being 3* for 10 stam, let's average it at 1x 3* and 2x 2* for 10 stam, which is 440 per stam

Unless I'm very wrong or lucky on the droprates, hard seems more appealing to me, especially since I can autoattack it all the way through it and get the bonus.

Xetherion

So I just confirmed that the VIT0 trick works with Protect and Wakka's Official Ball SB. Protect>Status Reels>Protect and Forza was taking 9999 dmg from every hit. Went down in like 4 hits, didn't even get to put Sleep on him lol. Still got mastery anyway.

Gonna annihilate Rinoa's event later today. Thinking about dropping my black mage and just running 4 melee with double cut with 1 healer.

Falk

that puzzling face
Are there equipment drops for ff13 somewhere? I have not run into a single item so far. The situation is similar for ff8 but at least I got a few things from the Rinoa event for synergy. Meanwhile, I feel like half my inventory is ff12 stuff.

I've pulled some 4* VIII and X items and a I item (lol)

Might be the same for XIII, but who knows.

- heroic: 6 runs with 1 to 4x 3* for 15 stam, average 3 drops or 400 points per stam, excluding the rare 4* I haven't dropped any of yet,

I sapped all your heroic luck lol.

My gut instinct is to bet close to Heroic being between 1/3 and 1/2 more item XP per stamina vs Hard for the Armor daily. We'll see how close I am when cpp gets enough data.

Runs on Heroic are pretty painless with 4x Bladeblitz and a Buster Sword, anyway.

Kaiterra

Banned
Running Rinoa and Snow through Vector to get them close to Lv30 before completing the FFVIII/XIII levels is kinda making me dislike the FF6 battle theme.

Wazzy

Banned
Yasssss mastered T-Rex! A couple retry's due to blind not landing but otherwise I just poisoned, kept using sleep attacks and then used all my ice attacks and after a couple more shots he was down.

If anyone is attempting T-Rex, make sure to gear out everyone with ice attacks and hone them. I had blizzaga on Rinoa, Blizzara on Rydia and ice strike on Cloud all which weren't honed while everyone else had poison/sleep/blind moves(except for one who had double cut) and you should be able to beat it with mastery if you have them honed.

Also have dark Buster because dark attack is a pain to land and I got lucky.

Razmos

Defeated Odin with only 10 ticks remaining on Doom, sheesh. Protect and Shell just stalled me to hell. It's a good thing he couldn't heal himself.

Roto13

On to the Elites. Mastered everything on my first try this time.

Cast off the chains of empire!

I have 70 mythril but the only weapon I want right now is the kikuichimonji. Not interested in the tomes or the knuckles since nobody really uses them. Think I'll hang onto it until there's something I want.

2* are 1200 and 3* are 2000, I've yet to gain a new 4* but I'll report it once I have one.

I still think, so far, that hard runs are more efficient than heroic runs:
- hard: 10 runs with 4 to 6 stones with about one third being 3* for 10 stam, let's average it at 1x 3* and 2x 2* for 10 stam, which is 440 per stam

Unless I'm very wrong or lucky on the droprates, hard seems more appealing to me, especially since I can autoattack it all the way through it and get the bonus.

I just got a large. It's 3,000

I don't have a large sample size for hard yet, but for heroic I'm showing somewhere in the ballpark of 3.5 Adamantite / run. If we figure maybe 1 large adamantite / 20 runs, then that's (3.5x2000x20 + 1x3000)/20 = 7150 exp / run. Divide by 15 stamina and it's about 476 exp / stamina.

Edit: Hmm, if you clear you get 3 small. (7150 exp / run) x 3 runs = 21,450 exp / clear. Add in 3000 for the clear bonus and it's 25,050 / 45 stam = 556 exp / stam.

Razmos

Do you think we'll ever get playable villains?
Sephiroth,
Golbez
and
Seifer
kinda count, but they were at least briefly playable or playable outright before they turned evil.

At least that criteria means it's possible we could get
Seymour, Edea
and probably others that I can't think of right now

Ashodin

Yeah I like to point out that the Sephiroth we get is most likely the version from Cloud's flashbacks. Before he went nutso.

p4Rql1Ql.png

I absolutely DESTROYED T-Rex this time. Got 8/9/9/7 on the 4 levels. The key thing I improved upon over my previous failed runs was:

1) Created a second double cut and honed it up to 6 uses.
2) Honed Blizzard Strike, Blizzara, and Blizzaga each one more time.
3) Used Cura and double cut on the Forbidden trash mobs to kill them more easily
4) Poisoned the boss.

I couldn't get blind to land, even with Dark Buster. By the time I got to the boss I had about 6 total uses of blizzard/blizzara strike, 8 combined uses of blizzara/blizzaga, and 8 curagas.

Wakka had 2 Status Reels ready to go, so I'd get a Status Reels off and then just unload with all the stuff I had. I took some damage from his counter attacks since I didn't manage to blind him (that was the only place I lost stars), but Aerith's Seal Evil stopped and silenced him a few times, which spared me some of his worst AoEs.

Overall I think he went down in less than 10 rounds, I was doing anywhere from 10k - 15k per round raining blizzaga, blizzara strike, and double cuts on his face.

Wazzy

Banned
Does getting petrified count as a KO for medals?

Also mastered Iguions! Beating them isn't hard but mastering them was since I didn't have Quake.

Edit: aw fuck I'll have to fight them again? :( I'll need quake if I want to master the last elite.

I'll have enough for almost three 11 pulls after the Mythril event and all the new dungeons are cleared. Still waiting for a rate up event I want to spend them on...

Man I wish I had a better daily to grind down stamina on to make use of easy classic and elite clears for free stamina refills, did that so much today I literally capped my inventory on adamantium and maxed every armor I had :X

Wazzy

Banned
Ugh i have to farm 2 greater earth orbs and 2 greater dark orbs for quake.

I heard IV mist cave elite and phantom train elite drop both but just getting one is going to be a pain.

Ugh i have to farm 2 greater earth orbs and 2 greater dark orbs for quake.

I heard IV mist cave elite and phantom train elite drop both but just getting one is going to be a pain.
Do you have a Gaia Hammer? You could stick that on one of your fighters for some extra punch too.

Falk

that puzzling face
I just realized I've pulled virtually all the new 4* items bar one (FFI Defender) but zero 5* items from the banner.

wtf DeNA

edit: That is:

Mesmerize Blade VIII
Ten-gallon Hat VIII x2
Knight's Armor I
Bright Armguard X
Warrior's Sword X

(Not that I'm complaining, that's a -lot- of synergy gear for realms that otherwise don't have synergy. Still hilarious in a stars-aligned-horizontally-when-you-wanted-vertically moment tho)

GAMERG0D

I have 157 Mythril after clearing all the normal dungeons. After I beat the elites then do a couple of them next month I should have 200 Mythril for four 11x pulls when Squall's weapon comes out. It's tempting to pull one right now but I must resist. Not to mention the free Mythril we're getting. That's really going to get me to 200 rather easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom