• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyrick

All this update has done so far is remind me how much I hated FFVIII... Even with the three maxed out lvl 2 event blades it's still pretty rough on those of us without 5 star weapons.

Falk

that puzzling face
Snow and WoL are amazing. Gordon is alright too, he's quite versatile. Luneth is pretty meh. (His ability set is boring.) At least his sprite looks good.

Nah, I meant in the "all my other dudes are 50 and I really don't want to take chances levelling them up in elites" way.

Luneth and II prince guy both have support which is cool. Even if Wakka and Tidus out-support them both.

Razmos

Yesssss
9e3b91ab525a9be42483fcd04dd08a0f.png

Looks like Rinoa is going to be a mainstay on my team for a while now. It's a pretty amazing item. Now I can have Rinoa on the back row doing lots of damage with auto attacks, and then being just as strong (if not stronger) than Rydia with spells when the time comes.

Also got a 4 star dagger with VIII synergy, which will be useful for the new dungeons.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Is there any reason to keep Talismans? I'm this close to dumping all of them.

Yesssss
http://i.gyazo.com/9e3b91ab525a9be42483fcd04dd08a0f.png

Looks like Rinoa is going to be a mainstay on my team for a while now. It's a pretty amazing item. Now I can have Rinoa on the back row doing lots of damage with auto attacks, and then being just as strong (if not stronger) than Rydia with spells when the time comes.

Also got a 4 star dagger with VIII synergy, which will be useful for the new dungeons.
Congrats! I'm going to do another 11 pull after I get enough mythrils from this update (had 25 before the dungeons were released), but I'm already not expecting much. :(

Congrats! I'm going to do another 11 pull after I get enough mythrils from this update (had 25 before the dungeons were released), but I'm already not expecting much. :(
As you should; I did my 11 pull and got two 4* and nine 3*... Just loads of FFXII crap and a hypno crown

Razmos

Should i see the new levels if I haven't finished the las tset of meetings?
Nope, they should only unlock when you catch up with the FFVI dungeons

Thanks! I actually cheated slightly by buying 900 gems (enough for 3 draws) because I'm going on holiday all next week and wouldn't get chance to farm any more mythril until the Rinoa banner is gone. I got it on my second draw. I count this as making up for all the shitty luck I've had so far :p

Nohar

Snow and WoL are amazing. Gordon is alright too, he's quite versatile. Luneth is pretty meh to me, but at least his sprite looks good.

Snow can use more skills than Joseph, but his SB is a defensive one, affecting only him, and he can't equip as many weapons as Joseph (since he is restricted to Daggers and Fists). However, stats-wise, he is better than Joseph (though Joseph has 10 more points in Attack).

I guess that in the long run Snow is better, but it is just disappointing that his weapon selection is so restricted. Still better than Cyan though.

Did an 11-pull... got a 5* Blitz Sword and a 4* Royal Crown. I'm not complaining, but I would like a character-specific 5* relic next time. Please? :)

reKon

Banned
I'm glad that those who haven't heard before have been now blessed FFXIII's amazing soundtrack... Based Hamauzu..

Up there with Super Mario Galaxy as best last gen IMO.

Falk

that puzzling face
If I recall, you get some more VI at the end of the last batch, which is why people say 'when you're done with VI'.

Weird, I get the notifications about the III realm and new events, but they are not showing in the app. Latest event that shows is Rinoa's, and realm gates go from II straight to IV. Perhaps it's because I'm from Europe? Any other Euros in here can confirm/deny?

Razmos

Weird, I get the notifications about the III realm and new events, but they are not showing in the app. Latest event that shows is Rinoa's, and realm gates go from II straight to IV. Perhaps it's because I'm from Europe? Any other Euros in here can confirm/deny?
You unlock III after going through VIII, XIII, I, II and V, and there are no new events on right now apart from the Rinoa event, unless you mean relic draws.

I live in the UK and the new content is here for me, but you have to unlock it.

So as someone who just started not long ago what should I be doing . Should I just be doing the dungeons as they unlock? Anything else I should be doing besides that?

Jyrii

Banned
I wish there was a way to save party/gear configurations. It's annoying having to swap between my normal and elite teams and to equip them each time.

lyrick

So as someone who just started not long ago what should I be doing . Should I just be doing the dungeons as they unlock? Anything else I should be doing besides that?

Collecting any available stamina shards in general is a high priority, in order to complete the elite versions of stages (and get their stamina shards), you will need to upgrade and combine gear for those realms for the synergy bonus. This will pretty much come from farming bosses for 2 star drops, which is very stamina intensive.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Man those XII dungeons should be a cakewalk for anyone that's been playing this game for any length of time. So much trash XII equipment that will have record synergy.

Razmos

The FFXII boss theme is also pretty good. 0:50 ~ 1:22 always gets me pumped.
You have good taste in FF music.

Apparently the characters we are getting in the next update are:
VIII Irvine, IX Vivi, XII Fran, III Arc
All pretty cool, but not my first choice for VIII or XII :(
those would probably be Selphie/Quistis and Balthier

I also suppose this is the first time we'll be getting guns in the game.

Saerk

I did my 11 draw on the new banner, and I got a 5* Golden Spear (Tyro I guess, Already have the Blood Lance), and 2x Cyan's katana. I think I'll keep those separate, so that two katana users can have weapons (Sephiroth/Cloud/Cyan). Wish they were more varied, but it's nice to get some weapons.

Saerk

I was able to master the T Rex. I did spend a mithril on the last stage to refill my skills. I had 8/9 on the 3 stages, and I don't know what I got on the T Rex since the game crashed during the fanfare. I freaked out for a moment, but when I restored the game I was back at the menu, but checking my inventory I had the Angel Wings. I used a similar party to one listed earlier in this thread.

Tidus, lvl 50, Dark Attack x4, Venom Buster x2, 4* Gladius, 3*++ Mythril Mail, 3* Hero Ring
Aerith, lvl 50, Boost x8, Curaga x6, 4* Light Staff, 4* Royal Crown, 2* Protect Ring
Cloud, lvl 50, Blizzara Sword x6, Retaliate x4,, FF8 2*++ even sword, 5* Genji Armor, 3* Hyper Wrist
Rinoa, lvl 42, Blizzara x8, Firaga x4, 4* Light Rod, 4* Hypno Crown, 2* Earing
Kain, lvl 50, Double Cut x6, Armor Break x2, 5* Blood Lance, FF8 2*++ Event Armor, 3* Hero Ring

Had Tidus, Aerith, and Rinoa in the back rows. Kain, Cloud, and Rinoa took care of the trash with a little help from Tidus and Aerith (Boost) with Retaliates. Firaga was for the trash skeletons. I only had Blizzaga to x2, so I took the x8 Blizzara with me. For the TRex I had Tidus blind him with Dark Attack, and then apply poison with Venom Buster. Poison was very very helpful, and I would just restart the fight if blind didn't work. Tidus would start with a Retaliate, Aerith would apply Boost to Cloud, Kain would armor break the Rex, and Rinoa would just work through her Blizzara casts (did like 3800 per). After the setup round Cloud would Blizzara Sword from 9200 to 9999, Retaliate for ~2500 when boost was in effect, Kain would just double cut Cloud, with Tidus and Aerith hitting Cloud as well. Poison would tick for around 2800, and it stayed up the entire fight. The hard part was knowing when Blind, Boost, and Retaliate were going to where off. I'd also randomly throw in a seal from Aerith's Soul Break. Both effects could apply. I'd reapply them occasionally, and then refocus my attack. Due to blind being applied healing was very minor. Tidus weapon could have been anything, and Kain's weapon was barely used except on trash when Retaliate was down.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
You have good taste in FF music.

Apparently the characters we are getting in the next update are:
VIII Irvine, IX Vivi, XII Fran, III Arc
All pretty cool, but not my first choice for VIII or XII :(
those would probably be Selphie/Quistis and Balthier

I also suppose this is the first time we'll be getting guns in the game.
:D The music in this game is a big reason of why it's so appealing to me.

I'm curious about
Fran's
stats,
she could get some use out of a 4* bow
I have. But yeah,
Quistis and Balthier
would be my top choices too.

So good. I'm bummed that the audio stops right there though. :_(

Pejo

I finally saved up enough mythril to hit 50 total for the very first time....but I don't like/use any of the characters under the new banner. My GF, who I got into the game also hit 50 mythril yesterday, and did a 11x pull, got Tyro's shield book (always in her main party) and a 5* non-character sword, didn't look at which, then a few 4 star weapons and some 3 star junk. I am DEFINITELY going to let her pick my pull when I decide to blow my mythril. My luck is horrible in RNG games.

satori

Damn relic pull been really kind to me. Used 50 out of my 70 saved and got:

5*
Healing G. (wish it was sentinel but I will take it!)
Regal Gown
Buster sword (was not expecting this)
Golden Spear (Huge upgrade for my Kain)
Genji Shield

4*
Cat Claw
Gladius

My team got some serious upgrades. Bring on that Gil event lol...

Edit: Pejo, that Tyro Shield book is sick as hell...its a 60% damage reduction from all source and it stacks with protect and shell...

You unlock III after going through VIII, XIII, I, II and V, and there are no new events on right now apart from the Rinoa event, unless you mean relic draws.

I live in the UK and the new content is here for me, but you have to unlock it.

Ah, I see. Thanks a lot!

If you don't have Rinoa, you probably should focus on getting her before the FFVIII event is over. Anyone that knows about the Japanese version knows if we get second chances at getting event characters?

Nohar

If you don't have Rinoa, you probably should focus on getting her before the FFVIII event is over. Anyone that knows about the Japanese version knows if we get second chances at getting event characters?

It was mentioned several times that these events will happen again in the future, with their rewards reseted.

On a side note: blinding the Dreadnaught is going to take a while..........

Edit: So, I brought my Genji Shield to level 20/20, and I have another one... Not quite sure what to do, since those are my best armors. I think I'll keep both of them until I get another 5* armor. Gonna need to start spending Mythril to increase my inventory...

Yeah, I mean, most people would be using the Heroics for mass-3* farming anyway, not firing and hoping for 4*s, which are still mainly a bonus more than anything.

It's definitely good data, especially when you are in the "need 3*s, and in the meantime 4*s of that type would also help me get closer to X so I don't have to do as many Elite boss runs" stage.

edit: Speaking of which, what -does- the 3* data look like?

2pWg031.png

Sorry this list isn't sorted in a useful way. I was up till like 2 AM getting the item search working last night just so I could even get this screenshot, and I didn't have time to put sorting in yet. We still could use about 3x this much data to get some solid conclusions, but hopefully we'll have it in a week or two.

Red Mage

Damn relic pull been really kind to me. Used 50 out of my 70 saved and got:

5*
Healing G. (wish it was sentinel but I will take it!)
Regal Gown
Buster sword (was not expecting this)
Golden Spear (Huge upgrade for my Kain)
Genji Shield

4*
Cat Claw
Gladius

My team got some serious upgrades. Bring on that Gil event lol...

Edit: Pejo, that Tyro Shield book is sick as hell...its a 60% damage reduction from all source and it stacks with protect and shell...

...I hate you.
j/k.

Yogg

Do we know the upgrade values of the different ranks of adamantite/scarletite ? I feel like doing hard mode daily is better than heroic but I'd love to verify that with values.

SunGod

Just spent 150 mythril I had saved up in an attempt to get Tyro's Sentinel Grimoire, no luck :(

Got 2 5* (Blitz Sword and Zanteksuken) and around 9 4* gear though, lots needs to be upgraded/combined! Got Ripper (II) and Rune Axe (V) which should help with those elite dungeons at least. Blitz Sword is going to be my best friend for a while I think!

Yogg

Just spent 150 mythril I had saved up in an attempt to get Tyro's Sentinel Grimoire, no luck :(

Got 2 5* (Blitz Sword and Zanteksuken) and around 9 4* gear though, lots needs to be upgraded/combined! Got Ripper (II) and Rune Axe (V) which should help with those elite dungeons at least. Blitz Sword is going to be my best friend for a while I think!

Grats ! I love the Zantetsuken, I got one on my very first single pull and Cloud has been wrecking all kind of stuff since then.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Just did 22k damage in one turn with Rinoa's Soul Break against X-ATM092, 7.5k damage per bolt.

So good.

Now give her auto haste, remove all offensive spells except meteor, max speed/magic through junctions, and use her limit break, and you'll beat omega weapon definitely before Terra Break, but probably before his first attack.

Wait, wrong game.

Do we know the upgrade values of the different ranks of adamantite/scarletite ? I feel like doing hard mode daily is better than heroic but I'd love to verify that with values.

You mean drop rate information? Not enough information yet, I just looked in the database and there's only 2 runs of hard, and 21 runs of heroic recorded so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom