• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wazzy

Banned
Do you have a Gaia Hammer? You could stick that on one of your fighters for some extra punch too.
It's more I'm worried I can't get champion on them for the mastery reward whereas with Quake they'll go down a lot faster.xD

Seifer and Edea don't seem too bad but that's something I'll see once I face them.
Huh, I thought Iguions were Holy for mastery condition. Earth is just to nuke them.

Yeah you just need to hit them with Holy or Dia and you meet the condition. Quake just does a shit load of damage to them since they're weak to it.

Problem is, the last elite is three bosses in a row and they're one of them :/

Falk

that puzzling face
Yeah like I was mentioning earlier in the thread,if you can Mastery 9, you have a very, VERY good shot of being able to do 10 if you blow 1 mythril per stage for camping.

Same philosophy as to how if you're underlevelled/undergeared, you can do the first stage of a Hard or Heroic by blowing all abilities. There's a significant difference in efficiency when you have to ration out everything vs going full panzerkrieg each stage.

YOU'RE OUR BEST HOPE WAZZY-CHAN

(I'd do this on the last two days tho, burning mythril for a possibility of no return if you fail sounds like it'd really suck)

Wazzy

Banned
Yeah like I was mentioning earlier in the thread,if you can Mastery 9, you have a very, VERY good shot of being able to do 10 if you blow 1 mythril per stage for camping.

Same philosophy as to how if you're underlevelled/undergeared, you can do the first stage of a Hard or Heroic by blowing all abilities. There's a significant difference in efficiency when you have to ration out everything vs going full panzerkrieg each stage.

(I'd do this on the last two days tho, burning mythril for a possibility of no return if you fail sounds like it'd really suck)

Oh shiiiiiii just championed Iguions! Let's see how Seifer goes LOL

Falk

that puzzling face
JXnaHp7.jpg

My #yolo Adamantite/XP farming party

who needs flans

edit: OK first run, before I got a turn off the robot thing shot AOE missiles and everyone died

Xetherion

I've said before but i'll say it again, don't waste mythril camping. If you're gonna use mythril, die and use mythril to revive. You get the full heal from camping and a buff (that can stack if you need to use mythril more than once)

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Man you don't get a growth egg for completing Darill's Tomb. Fuck this game.

I guess it also sucks that they use the "Yo motherfuckers is underwater" battle background for some reason.

Falk

that puzzling face
Trash 9/9: Champion
2 Iguion 10/12: Champion
Seifer 12/15: Expert
Edea 12/15: Expert

43/51 total, Mastery (42 stars was not a mastery)

I'm still not convinced the formula is as simple as total stars/total obtainable, but that was what the Japanese players were targeting.

Wazzy

Banned
Ughhhhhhhh forgot one of Edea's conditions was to not be KO'd. Oh well, I beat all of the elites and mastered them all except Seifer and Edea. I don't really want to go do it all again so I'm content with just beating all of the elites. Once I have Squall and he's geared out the last part will be a cinch.

You basically have to restack bonuses to be able to win with enough proper medals and after a point it was just wasting mythril.

Time to finish up classic dungeons so I can work on dungeon elites!

Trash 9/9: Champion
2 Iguion 10/12: Champion
Seifer 12/15: Expert
Edea 12/15: Expert

43/51 total, Mastery (42 stars was not a mastery)

I'm still not convinced the formula is as simple as total stars/total obtainable, but that was what the Japanese players were targeting.

Let me show you something pretty neat.

0KBk72E.jpg

42/51 = .823529
43/51 = .843137

Paches

Anyone who has played the JP version...when do they ever do reissues of older characters? I joined too late to be powerful enough to get Sephiroth at the start and he is the only guy I am missing. Do they ever re-run events?

Falk

that puzzling face
Let me show you something pretty neat.

42/51 = .823529
43/51 = .843137

Interesting. There was someone (Roto13 I think?) a few pages back where he got 9/12 Humbaba and still got a Mastery clear. Lemme go find the post

edit: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=163727002&highlight=img#post163727002

edit2: The fact that the tree references an XP multiplier suggests maybe that's for Normal/Expert/Champion and not the bronze/silver/gold Chocobos (e.g. mastery)? or am I reading it wrong.

Wazzy

Banned
Alright I'm going to finish VIII's classics right now. I'm still happy I cleared Rinoa's Elite event and now everything else will be a breeze.
Anyone who has played the JP version...when do they ever do reissues of older characters? I joined too late to be powerful enough to get Sephiroth at the start and he is the only guy I am missing. Do they ever re-run events?

They do! It might not be for a little bit since we're still playing quite the catch up with Japan but I'd say maybe in a couple months or so the Sephiroth/Tifa event will come back.

Ughhhhhhhh forgot one of Edea's conditions was to not be KO'd. Oh well, I beat all of the elites and mastered them all except Seifer and Edea. I don't really want to go do it all again so I'm content with just beating all of the elites. Once I have Squall and he's geared out the last part will be a cinch.

You basically have to restack bonuses to be able to win with enough proper medals and after a point it was just wasting mythril.

Time to finish up classic dungeons so I can work on dungeon elites!
It's pretty impressive that you made it all the way through, level 99 difficulty is no joke. Good job Wazzy. :)

Wazzy

Banned
It's pretty impressive that you made it all the way through, level 99 difficulty is no joke. Good job Wazzy. :)
Thanks :D I'm just happy I can stop worrying about completing the event now and focus on everything else new.

Classic VIII done and now working on XIII!

Nohar

Daily Mythril for the next 10 days. Sweet.

Ooooooooh yes! By the time a more interesting banner pops, I should have 100 Mythril (and spent a few of those into increasing my inventory space).

All my armors are maxed... And I have a few adamantite to spare. I really need to farm orbs to hone my abilities (really need a honed Thundaga and Thunder Strike) and scarlatium. I'll try to do the Heroic Exp Daily tomorrow (I hope I'll be able to finish leveling-up SMN/BLM/WHM, I just need 1 last level for each and I'm done).

Also, when is the new event starting?

Jyrii

Banned
I just did my second 50 mythril pull.

Highlights were:

- Kiku-ichimonji (VI). Cyan's weapon
- Giant's Gloves (II) Josef's weapon

-Platinum dagger (XII)
-Thornlet (V). I allready have one. I'll see if anyone else can use it, if not I'll upgrade the one i have.

Overall pretty damn good pull. Guess I have to level up Cyan (23) and Josef (1) now.

Gil Grasslands Heroic sucks. :/

It's not so much that it's hard, but because it's Core synergy, there's very little you can do to beef up your party, so I'm only getting Expert ranks on it. Even a team of all level 50 characters still has to slog through.

Why would you give Josef his weapon

Give it to Tifa :V
Josef has a higher attack stat than Tifa. It just sucks that his new Soul Break is so awful.

Nohar

To give Joseph this kind of SB in a game where being knocked down severily impacts your score baffles me.

So, who should I level up between Warrior of Light (FFI) and Luneth (FFIII)? Luneth has access to more abilities, but WoL has a better SB (though I would like to know the duration of both). WoL also has better stats (including his speed) and is more bulky. Really not sure which one I should pick.

Gil Grasslands Heroic sucks. :/

It's not so much that it's hard, but because it's Core synergy, there's very little you can do to beef up your party, so I'm only getting Expert ranks on it. Even a team of all level 50 characters still has to slog through.

Josef has a higher attack stat than Tifa. It just sucks that his new Soul Break is so awful.

Josef is pretty awesome, but his default soul break is kinda weak anyway so I think why not. If I got his 5* weapon, I might use it sometimes.

The only reason I am using josef atm though is he can use axes though. I am still fishing for a 5* sword or other type of 5* melee weapon.

Nohar

Is Cyan any good? Because I pulled his weapon and now I feel kind of forced to use him :S

Cyan is one of the worst character (his only saving grace is that he isn't a core-class character). Sephiroth does everything Cyan can better, and then some. If you have Sephiroth, stick him with Cyan's katana and call it a day.

Is Cyan any good? Because I pulled his weapon and now I feel kind of forced to use him :S

Cyan is one of the worst character (his only saving grace is that he isn't a core-class character). Sephiroth does everything Cyan can better, and then some. If you have Sephiroth, stick him with Cyan's katana and call it a day.
He's not that bad. I've used him a lot and he's working just fine. He makes a good Retaliate bot. Sephiroth is better stat/skill wise, but Cyan is still viable. If even just so you have someone for the FFVI Elites.

Falk

that puzzling face
Basically yeah, Record Synergy (outside of core classes) makes the 'who's better' comparisons kind of moot unless neither have RS. It's good to get everyone to 50 in advance of upcoming stuff that's tricky.

We're a little lucky that there's info from the Japanese version in that regard. Like someone said, being as prepared as Batman.

Finally cleared all the old classic events and am at ff8's door, but because changing parties is so cumbersome I'm just keeping the ff6 team together and clearing out elite events. Its hilarous how the first set of ff6 elites are harder and take more stamina then the second set of ff6 elites

Does nothing drop FF8 gear in the new dungeons? I'd love to go back and beat the Rinoa event, but it seems like if I don't pay for a round or two of gear drops, I'm not going to complete elite which is mildly upsetting.

Nohar

I gave up on Rinoa's event. I'll probably beat it when it comes back, but right now, without any FF8 equipment (barring the Galbadia one we get from the event), no Friend system, subpar equipment/abilities overall I just assumed I would never beat the T-Rex, let alone master some levels. I stopped after the first fight against Edea (Elite).

Currently doing the normal dungeons. WoL takes a level every two battles, so I don't need to heal him, despite being very low level. Though, I think I may replace him with Luneth (or replace Kain by Luneth). Kain remains my only good spear user though, and since I got the 4* Trident (FFXII), he is still useful. Also have 3* Spear (FFV) and 4* Runic Axe (FFV). Still not quite sure I can beat FFV Elite's 4th level.

Falk

that puzzling face
Does nothing drop FF8 gear in the new dungeons? I'd love to go back and beat the Rinoa event, but it seems like if I don't pay for a round or two of gear drops, I'm not going to complete elite which is mildly upsetting.

At current power levels you'd be hard pressed to complete the elite even geared out the teeth (see: Wazzy and his 3 5* FF8 gachas lol) unless you pump Mythril into the stage.

Wouldn't worry about it. T-Rex Elite is a more realistic target with currently farmable abilities/etc. and drops an awesome accessory.

Kain

He's not that bad. I've used him a lot and he's working just fine. He makes a good Retaliate bot. Sephiroth is better stat/skill wise, but Cyan is still viable. If even just so you have someone for the FFVI Elites.

I have Sephiroth with the Masamune, though. They are the only characters for which I have their ultimate weapons and they are basically the same :S

I have Sephiroth with the Masamune, though. They are the only characters for which I have their ultimate weapons and they are basically the same :S
All I can say is that this isn't a game where one party will serve you through the whole thing. Building up a bunch of different characters is a good thing, and now you have incentive to use Cyan more, so go for it. He's not awful by any means, just pales in comparison to Sephiroth, the only character you can really contrast him with at the moment.

If nobody has record synergy or weapon synergy then you should focus on highest level + best weapons so at that point using both Cyan and Sephy is fine.

Roto13

I bet we were supposed to get Aero with the new abilities we didn't get. Time to create Aero Strike.

Man, I have surprisingly few two star power orbs.

Man you don't get a growth egg for completing Darill's Tomb. Fuck this game.

I know, right? I was surprised and immensely disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom