• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
What so beautiful about that? All I see there is a vision of me pulling two shitty 3-star equipments I already have at the end of two weeks.

:(
Don't lose hope
tZt17j8.png
, duck!

I'm feeling like hoarding mythril until I have 100, then do two 11 pulls one after the other and cry myself to sleep.

I want at least a single character weapon... but if I ever get one it will probably be Josef's. lol.

Wazzy

Banned
UNF at XIII's music. It's not giving me the hardcore nostalgia VIII's does but it's a pretty good soundtrack. It makes me want to replay XIII(VIII first though!) and pretend the sequels aren't canon.
At current power levels you'd be hard pressed to complete the elite even geared out the teeth (see: Wazzy and his 3 5* FF8 gachas lol) unless you pump Mythril into the stage.

Wouldn't worry about it. T-Rex Elite is a more realistic target with currently farmable abilities/etc. and drops an awesome accessory.
Yup. T-Rex is realistic because you can throw all the status effects at him to keep him from wrecking you.

I could have mastered the last level had I remembered Edea's conditions plus piled more bonuses on but at that point it's just not worth it, especially if you don't have the gear I do where they would have to waste money and mythril to beat the event and even then it's hard to say it's doable with mediocre gear. Seifer's a beast with his HP and defense stats that achieving anything but expert was unrealistic.

Save the mythril and beat the event next time everyone! I had to because it bothers me if I don't finish something from VIII. :p

To give people an idea of my setup:

Cloud:
Blitzblade(VIII) maxed
Genji Helm(V) maxed
Hyper Wrist(VI)
Abilities:Double Cut/Charge(Ice strike for T-Rex)

Tidus:
Blitzblade(VIII) maxed
Genji helm(V)
Hero's Ring
Abilities: Venom Buster/Double Cut

Rinoa:
Valkyrie(VIII) maxed
SeeD uniform(VIII) maxed
Angel wings(VI)
Abilities: blizzaga and comet but changed depending on conditions

Sephiroth had mesmerize blade, SeeD uniform and double cut/Bio and Rydia played condition dealer with dia and slow.

The biggest problem with the fights are wasting ability slots on conditions.

Falk

that puzzling face
Purely theorycrafting here - this is highly broken game mechanics territory, but for Stage 10 Elite mastery, you probably could shell->mental breakdown->shell zerg down Seifer and Edea. It even fits in with the 'best practice' zerg meta for the 2 Iguions, which is having 2 casters with 2 casts of Quake each.

If those two casters sport a good damage single-target spell in the second slot that's gonna be 20k damage per turn with the s->mb->s shenanigans, not counting the other 3.

Only thing is unless you honed the shit out of Mental Breakdown (not likely, especially if you spent that time farming for 2x Quake) and the other abilities, you're still gonna be blowing Mythril to refresh on each boss.

Wazzy

Banned
Yeah that kind of setup would definitely have made some of the fights easier to master and Seifer and Edea(though she's not that bad with exception of her magic hits) possible. The Iguions I was able to master but it wasn't easy and also took some bonus stacks. Quake would have taken both out fast with Rinoa doing heave damage against them.

We'll see a lot of people do much better against them when Squall and possibly more VIII characters arrive. I shouldn't have any issues by that point since I'll have things like Quake and Squall maxed.

Falk

that puzzling face
If you aren't aware, shell -> mental breakdown -> shell and protect -> armor breakdown (we don't have this) -> protect makes enemies drop to 2 DEF/RES respectively due to some hilariously wonky interaction, meaning virtually everything of decent damage hits for 9999

It's broken and DeNA 'fixed' it by not fixing it and giving bosses after it was exploited immunity to shell and protect.

Jyrii

Banned
Frak Dollet Elite!

My Terra even got level up after the second stage and thus full hp and all spells restored, but still couldn't beat the last boss stage. Guess I'll need even more thunder strike and thundaga honing.

Shadow780

If you aren't aware, shell -> mental breakdown -> shell and protect -> armor breakdown (we don't have this) -> protect makes enemies drop to 2 DEF/RES respectively due to some hilariously wonky interaction, meaning virtually everything of decent damage hits for 9999

It's broken and DeNA 'fixed' it by not fixing it and giving bosses after it was exploited immunity to shell and protect.

So this is already fixed?

elty

Any idea how to beat the elite FF VII stage where it has 4 boss stage?

I ran out of ability on 4th level. I guess this means a few more hone of double cut and thunder.

Falk

that puzzling face
The first three have less HP I believe. I brought 4 thundara and 4 thunder strike. Needed to use one of each at most on the first three. The last one which had significantly more HP ate a few soul breaks to the face.

Xetherion

Gil Grasslands Heroic sucks. :/

It's not so much that it's hard, but because it's Core synergy, there's very little you can do to beef up your party, so I'm only getting Expert ranks on it. Even a team of all level 50 characters still has to slog through.

Bring Biora for Punishers and Blizzaga for Slag Worms. Of course it helps that I have both those spells honed because i'm going to attempt the elite VIII event missions.

Purely theorycrafting here - this is highly broken game mechanics territory, but for Stage 10 Elite mastery, you probably could shell->mental breakdown->shell zerg down Seifer and Edea. It even fits in with the 'best practice' zerg meta for the 2 Iguions, which is having 2 casters with 2 casts of Quake each.

If those two casters sport a good damage single-target spell in the second slot that's gonna be 20k damage per turn with the s->mb->s shenanigans, not counting the other 3.

Only thing is unless you honed the shit out of Mental Breakdown (not likely, especially if you spent that time farming for 2x Quake) and the other abilities, you're still gonna be blowing Mythril to refresh on each boss.

I don't know how long mental breakdown lasts, but i've been using Protect>Status Reels>Protect and it doesn't last long at all. I get one round of attacks in before Status Reels wears off and damage goes back to normal.

Wazzy

Banned
Any idea how to beat the elite FF VII stage where it has 4 boss stage?

I ran out of ability on 4th level. I guess this means a few more hone of double cut and thunder.
I haven't tried the elite yet but I'm thinking you'll need a lot of thunder moves equipped if you want to beat it out. Thunder Strike, Thundara, Thunder and Thundaga on whoever can equip it and you should be fine. Just don't blow them all on the first two fights.

I was aware it existed but didn't know it wasn't available yet. xD

Falk

that puzzling face
I've used Mental Breakdown enough to know it lasts at the very least 3 turns. (Assuming it isn't one of your casters e.g. Terra using it and getting locked out of a turn via ATB)

You'd essentially need to set up your abilities so Breakdown->Shell->magic happens within seconds of each other to get the most out of it.

And obviously Armor Breakdown and Protect is by far the superior strategy since it doesn't rely on ability counts and even your back row people can hit for 4 digits, meaning your entire party of 5 becomes a wrecking crew.

finally got my first 5 star weapon... And it's Josef's... Fml... At least Tifa has a permanent spot on my team now I guess...

ROFL :|

edit2: Should give it to Snow. Fits him perfectly. An hero, etc.

Roto13

Apparently if I let Aerith do anything in Nepto Temple Elite, I get two medals for actions taken. So much for silencing the boss with her soul break.

And two medals for damage taken just for showing up.

Prototype

Uh, the game is getting harder. Not sure I'll be able to master the elite sorceress stuff.

Oh well, as long as I can do most stuff, and get all the characters I'll be happy.

Nohar

Has anyone been able to blind Dreadnought? First hurdle I've faced in the new Elites, I can't make it stick at all.

Me neither. I used the 2* ability, but it never worked. I guess the 3* one should work better. Which one are you using?

I kinda slowed down here. I'm just doing Figaro Castle (Classic) to farm Lesser Power and Lightning orbs (it's not like we need money in this game at the moment, so I'm skipping the daily dungeon).

Balphon

Has anyone been able to blind Dreadnought? First hurdle I've faced in the new Elites, I can't make it stick at all.

It works, but may take some tries. You also may want to be careful not to blow all your abilities on the first fight, since he hits harder in the second one.

Meneses

It works, but may take some tries. You also may want to be careful not to blow all your abilities on the first fight, since he hits harder in the second one.

Yeah, I had very few abilities for the second part and it took a long time to kill him, my rating was terrible at the end of that phase.

Falk

that puzzling face
NO XIII GEAR
LOL

man the game should let you combine XII and I gear to make XIII gear

j/k no FFI gear either

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
It really is Mid-May Mythril Mayhem. I got 2 mythrils for logging in today, and Mythril Armor from the relic draw. ( ゚Д゚)

That's what I'm going to have to settle for. Assuming I can get it charged before I need it. Because apparently if a single enemy in this dungeon goes down in more than two hits, you get penalized for actions taken.
Yeah, I'm not stressing over the Elite Dungeons myself until they can be done without studying spreadsheets and wasting days collecting one type of orb.

Elite Dollet is a bitch. Hone that thundaga and thunder strike, damn, and bring cures. I used Rinoa with Curaga and Watera, BMage with Thundaga and Thundara and Celes with Thunder and Drain strike. Probably would have swapped Aerith (with guard stick break) for one of the scrubs and put another strong bmagic on rinoa

Has anybody gotten any boss drops from the new dungeons?

Zero on my end, and I got a decent amount from round two.

Also, the fact that they're still dispensing the same one-star trash is really frustrating.

New one-stars from under-represented realms would be nice.

Elite Dollet is a bitch. Hone that thundaga and thunder strike, damn, and bring cures. I used Rinoa with Curaga and Watera, BMage with Thundaga and Thundara and Celes with Thunder and Drain strike. Probably would have swapped Aerith (with guard stick break) for one of the scrubs and put another strong bmagic on rinoa

I still don't know how to master it. He spams aoe and if you get hit once you lose mastery

Balphon

I still don't know how to master it. He spams aoe and if you get hit once you lose mastery

I barely scraped through it just now:

I probably shouldn't have taken WoL and should have timed it so that Rinoa leveled in the middle. The mastery for the dungeon is more or less assured so long as you hit him with thunder once every time.

Vilifier

Neo Member
I beat all the new classic dungeons and used my mythril for an 11 pull. Very happy with the 3 X 5 star items I got: Giant's Gloves, Zantetsuken and Balamb Garden Uniform.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom