• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should I keep these Kazekiri at 2 star so that multiple characters can use them while going into ff5 elite dungeons, or should I just 4 star it and slap it on someone?

Edit: OH GOD I'M RUNNING OUT OF GIL

I burned through 80k yesterday :( slowly trying to build it back up now so I can level more equipment. Though I'll be needing some nice new stuff to do that anyways.

Just on Tifa part now. Need more stamina.

Don't forget you can sell weapons/armor/orbs you don't need as well. Great way to get rid of a lot of worthless 1 drops.

Just unlocked Tifa with my level 24ish crew really really easily.

holy shit
N8jeZOk.png

side note: where can I get growth eggs? Is it only during the EXP event on sundays?

Jindujun

Neo Member
This event will enable me to get one of the starter summons. Goblin, Chocobo or Bomb. Is it better to go for the non elementals and seeing as both are single target, does the choice between them matter?

Yaari

Is any of the Shinra stages worth repeating for Lesser Lightning Orbs, because I forgot if they were stage rewards.

Yaari

Just passed floor 50, up to 10 stamina per stage now. 50 needed in total to pass 51-55.

Have you encountered a flying boss yet? I'm trying to see how far I can go.
I probably won't be doing doing Hone Ability for Thundara either, only got 2 of them so far.

Can Wakka or Rydia use them too? Otherwise I guess 2 is enough for me.

Stider

Have you encountered a flying boss yet? I'm trying to see how far I can go.
I probably won't be doing doing Hone Ability for Thundara either, only got 2 of them so far.

Can Wakka or Rydia use them too? Otherwise I guess 2 is enough for me.

No flying bosses yet, they seem to be on 60 and 65. I'm just gonna load up Rydia and Tyro with lightning spells and let loose.

Yaari

Yeah available through till 11/12 this month. The Gil daily gives you lots of cash so gonna play that a bit.

Same here, I'll run the Gil one all day. Upgrading took all my money and I'll need more of that for all of those other skill upgrades that I have to do.

chrono01

I feel like such an idiot. When creating my save file, when it asked for a name, I entered "Chrono", thinking it would be a Global name that others could see and, since it's usually my handle for games like this, I thought it wise. Then I found out that it was for the actual name of "Tyro" and that you don't really use friends in this game [it's single-player], so now my Tyro will be forever Chrono.

Not a big deal, but it does bug me slightly. I guess it kind of works in the context of the game, since there is a type of time-travel to it [okay, more like dimension jumping], but still!

Yaari

I feel like such an idiot. When creating my save file, when it asked for a name, I entered "Chrono", thinking it would be a Global name that others could see and, since it's usually my handle for games like this, I thought it wise. Then I found out that it was for the actual name of "Tyro" and that you don't really use friends in this game [it's single-player], so now my Tyro will be forever Chrono.

Not a big deal, but it does bug me slightly. I guess it kind of works in the context of the game, since there is a type of time-travel to it [okay, more like dimension jumping], but still!

Same here, the little guy is called Yari now. Bleh. Worst is that you can't change it. Really stupid.

How difficult are the two Hard dailies today? Yesterday was surprisingly manageable with a cooperative Behemoth.

Edit: Just realized that the Gil dailies are the same as Saturday, no new Mythril for me beside the hard level.

Yeah available through till 11/12 this month. The Gil daily gives you lots of cash so gonna play that a bit.

Oh then I think I'll manage the event with plenty of time then since I got most of my characters to level 24 in less than a week, the last 5 or so (while grindier) shouldn't be too hard.

TheContact

The challenge dungeon is pretty cool. Only a few floors deep but got 2 mytril already plus 4 this morning for doing the easy/normal modes of the daily dungeon. Ran out of stamina so I'll have to finish the challenge dungeon later. My guys are around lvl 24 so I hope I'm strong enough to beat the whole thing. Only have 2 weapons with 3 stars though. Fully upgraded tho

The challenge dungeon is pretty cool. Only a few floors deep but got 2 mytril already plus 4 this morning for doing the easy/normal modes of the daily dungeon. Ran out of stamina so I'll have to finish the challenge dungeon later. My guys are around lvl 24 so I hope I'm strong enough to beat the whole thing. Only have 2 weapons with 3 stars though. Fully upgraded tho

The trouble sounds like from one of the final bosses which can only be damaged by ranged weapons/attacks... So whips, bows, chakram, boomerangs, spells... Honestly I'm not prepared for that fight at all, and it'll likely take me a few days to get there. Now's a great time to stock up on gold though.

What floor is tifa on? I finished the first dungeon of the event and it wasn't that hard at lvl 5.

Floor 30 I believe. You probably won't be able to do it at level 5 (the boss on that floor isn't a complete push over) but you should still get there easily after only a day or so of play (you have till the 11th) doing classic dungeons.

Yaari

How difficult is Gil Grasslands on Hard? Thus far I've not been too succesfull running Hard level dungeons yet.

Drac

Got Tifa with my scrub team lvl 20, fairly easily. I like that this game emphasis setup instead of hard lvl. I always run auto on trash, with some heal here and there when needed and go manual for bosses. Going to farm gold event now, upgrading shit stuffs cost a lot ! (but it becomes so effective in the proper realm !!)

Just checked, had enough thunder orbs for thundara lvl 2 and a new thundara for Tyro, tripling my Thundaras from 2 to 6. Now to actually use and level Tyro since I ditched him at my earliest convenience.

kiyoaki

I'm at level 50 of Shinra Tower now, and the fights so far have all been a piece of cake. The upcoming boss worries me a bit though, since my team really relies on the two close-range 5-star weapons I managed to pull. Perhaps I'll need to level up Wakka a bit.

TheContact

I don't get the point of the common daily draw. I always get 1 star items that I can find during battles. Wish it gave at least 3 stars like a normal relic draw

Edit: woot got a 5 star dagger from 5mythril relic draw. Triples tidus' damage !

I want sephiroth badly I hope I can beat this last floor /waits for stamina

ZiggyST

Banned
First half level 15 (To get Tifa), second half as close to or as beyond 30 as possible and a lot of ranged weapons for one of the bosses (To get Sephiroth).

Oh thanks, I think i'll need to sacrifice some mithril to get stamina, is tifa any good? or should I'll let that place to Sephiroth?
I'm currently around lv20 =(.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Oh thanks, I think i'll need to sacrifice some mithril to get stamina, is tifa any good? or should I'll let that place to Sephiroth?
I'm currently around lv20 =(.

Don't waste mythril on stamina. The event lasts for a while anyway, Until the 11th or 12th.

TheExodu5

Banned
Don't be an idiot like me and waste a bunch of real money on rolling. Don't know what I was thinking. Anyways, that's over now...just going to enjoy the rest of the game free. Spending money on rolls is completely unnecessary because you should be taking advantage of gear synergy more than anything. You can farm fully upgraded 2* gear with synergy is just as good as 4* gear, I believe, so that puts things in perspective.

I don't get the point of the common daily draw. I always get 1 star items that I can find during battles. Wish it gave at least 3 stars like a normal relic draw

Edit: woot got a 5 star dagger from 5mythril relic draw. Triples tidus' damage !

I want sephiroth badly I hope I can beat this last floor /waits for stamina

Common relic draw can give you any rarity. 1* is just more likely. I've gotten a few 3*. One gaffer I recall got a 4*.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Alright, played some more. Got through Mako Reactor 5 scot-free and earned Cloud. Handed him the Falchion I received during the tutorial's Relic chest draw (is that what we always get there? Because it is quite the weapon!) and then checked out the Mana Stronghold on Easy.

Party is all ~4 except Tidus who I gave my Growth Egg. He's 8. Having fun, but I've also got files of Persona 4, FF1, and Bravely Default in my life right now. Gotta make time to grind enough to at least get Tifa! So this is how event-oriented gaming works... I genuinely never knew.

Haven't stepped inside IV or X yet. I wonder which is harder...

Entropia

No One Remembers
Just got Tifa.

I don't have anyone with a throwing weapon leveled up. I guess I should level up Wakka?

Current party: Kain, Cloud, Tidus, Tyro, and White Mage. All around level 19-21.

TheExodu5

Banned
Good news is this dungeon seems to give you all the drops you need to succeed. You're getting orbs to make Thundara and Thunder Strike. It's also giving out FF VII armor and ranged weapons (e.g. boomerang).

garath

The event does seem to be supplying us with the tools to succeed. I now have 3 guys with 2* or better FFVII armor. Still no FFVII weapons though :(

But I've farmed enough to have a level 2 thunderstrike on cloud and a level 2 thundara on Rydia. Hopefully I'll farm up a little more to get a second thundara on Rydia and/or Tyro. I have a 4* bard harp for Tyro and 3* bow for Wakka. I used all my xp orbs to catch Wakka up a little bit though he's still only level 20 to my party's 26-27. He has a FFVII armor though so hopefully that'll suffice.

I'm not as far in the event as I wanted to get my mythril from today's daily dungeons first. What I've done so far is a cakewalk though.

Althane

Gonna try to at least clear Tifa today. What levels of the dungeon are best for farming up Thundaga?

And with all this talk of the Harp for Tyro, what's the best location to farm up the harps to combine?

Yaari

The event does seem to be supplying us with the tools to succeed. I now have 3 guys with 2* or better FFVII armor. Still no FFVII weapons though :(

But I've farmed enough to have a level 2 thunderstrike on cloud and a level 2 thundara on Rydia. Hopefully I'll farm up a little more to get a second thundara on Rydia and/or Tyro. I have a 4* bard harp for Tyro and 3* bow for Wakka. I used all my xp orbs to catch Wakka up a little bit though he's still only level 20 to my party's 26-27. He has a FFVII armor though so hopefully that'll suffice.

I'm not as far in the event as I wanted to get my mythril from today's daily dungeons first. What I've done so far is a cakewalk though.

Who's your healer if you have both Rydia and Tyro use 2 Thundara?

Edit: Does Hone Ability improve damage, just wondering if I should focus on getting more Thundara, or getting stronger Thundara.
Edit2: Someone doing Exp/Stamina rates for this event. There's a good stage in Stage 36-40.

Althane

So what party level should you be to at least attempt at getting tifa?

Just got Tifa with the following party:

Cloud - 22
Tyro - 12
Tidus - 22
Wakka -22
Rydia - 21

And I auto-battled through it. 12 is a little low, but >20 is more than strong enough. No equipment synergies either.

ZiggyST

Banned
Which one is better, the ranger or wakka? I have both in level 1. I just recently get tifa very easily with a lv 20 party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom