• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which one is better, the ranger or wakka? I have both in level 1. I just recently get tifa very easily with a lv 20 party.

They both have the same ability pool, but if you had to choose one, Wakka is more flexible due to being able to use Throwing weapons as well as Bows.

Currently steam rolling. Currently up to floors 51-55.

Lvl25 Tidus - w/ 3* Sword lvl 10 & Salve + Salve
Lvl25 Wakka - w/ 4* Chackram lvl 10 & Salve + Salve
Lvl25 Kain - w/ 3* Spear lvl 10 & Blade Bash + Jump
Lvl26 Cloud - w/ 3* Sword lvl 10 & Blade Bash + Aim
Lvl25 Tyro - w/ 3* Harp lvl 10 & Thundara + Cure

Kain w/ jump + his 2x jump limit should do long ranged dmg so that gives me 3x long range dealers and the other two have one who can stay healthy with 2x Salve and Tyro can keep Cloud safe if need be.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Just got Tifa. Glad the first half of the event is easy since the loot is also decent.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Getting good relic gear isn't required to enjoy the later stuff, right? Because so far, all of my relic stuff has been 3* and non-event related.

TheExodu5

Banned
Getting good relic gear isn't required to enjoy the later stuff, right? Because so far, all of my relic stuff has been 3* and non-event related.

Not at all.

Gear synergy is the most important thing. A 2* Protect Vest from FF VII is just as good as a 4* armor from another series for FF VII content. Basically, add 2* for gear synergy. Also, consider that low * gear is also very cheap to upgrade. Also, being properly prepared for tough boss fights is key. Using the right elements, having the right party composition, and inflicting the right statuses on enemies will help more than gear will.

Decided to take a break from the event dungeon after I got Tifa. Did the dailies I could do (hard modes still elude me!) and now I'm just farming the Normal gil dungeon since it nets 3k XP and all of that gil will be quite helpful in the days to come.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
what stage is the first Ranged boss?

First is 56-60
Second is 61-65
Basically 2 of the final 3 bosses.

I just finished up 51-55 and am about to dive into the ranged fight. Hope I prepared enough! Everything up to this point has been easily autobattled (including bosses with a party lvl 30-31)

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Totally over-prepared for the flying-only bosses. Last stage then I can go back to the regular grind for Lesser Black Orbs.

thedan001

Been meaning to ask..

Can we combine 5* duplications for + and ++ version?
Will the stat caps increase?

Is the ++ max combine for any item, I think so

So I guess I should eventually replace the black mage with rydia since she uses black magic and summoning magic. But who else uses white magic other than your own character?

Also, I am quite surprised they launched the game with the amount of base content they did considering how much source material there is. I guess that is normal for this type of f2p game though.

Yaari

So I guess I should eventually replace the black mage with rydia since she uses black magic and summoning magic. But who else uses white magic other than your own character?

Also, I am quite surprised they launched the game with the amount of base content they did considering how much source material there is. I guess that is normal for this type of f2p game though.

It's a translation of the Japanese game, you probably know that. But what that means is these games usually follow the same roadmap, so we'll get the same events, content, in the same pace. There's a lack of content for sure, but it would be difficult for them if they had to mix newer game versions with older events, and stuff like that.

If this is the kind of event we're getting then I am pretty satisfied. Could be worse.

Edit: Btw, I saw Figaro Castle Floor2 suggested for Lesser Lightning Orb. But why 2? I'm not really getting much there.

Rydia is child Rydia, she can cast white magic too I do believe... That said, you either use Tyro or White Mage for your healing, you leave Rydia to damage dealing since she (currently) has the highest magic damage stat in the game.

As for Floor 2? I don't see it as any higher than any other area of Figaro Castle... it's the same enemies throughout the entire dungeon so it really shouldn't matter.

Glix

It's a translation of the Japanese game, you probably know that. But what that means is these games usually follow the same roadmap, so we'll get the same events, content, in the same pace. There's a lack of content for sure, but it would be difficult for them if they had to mix newer game versions with older events, and stuff like that.

If this is the kind of event we're getting then I am pretty satisfied. Could be worse.

Edit: Btw, I saw Figaro Castle Floor2 suggested for Lesser Lightning Orb. But why 2? I'm not really getting much there.

The whole chapter is decent for L orbs, BUT the new Shinra event has been dropping L orbs like CRAZY for me, I'd just farm the early levels.

SougoXIII

It's ironic that Cloud is totally useless against the flying bosses in this event. He can't even equip Boost and Salve to help out the party.

MrDenny

Should I spend all mythril on just rare relic rolls.
I know they can used to buy space, but is that necessary?
Anything else mythril is used for?

Try Floor 3. I had incredible luck there.

ZiggyST

Banned
Does anyone know if the event repeats eventually? or is this our only chance to get Sephiroth?
According to he JP version.

Does anyone know the event come repeats eventually? or is this our only chance to get Sephiroth?
According to he JP version.

Think the event is one time only, but that there are other limited time ways to acquire certain characters.

At this point in time? Gear only. You shouldn't need the extra space at this point... If you're running out of room it means you aren't selling worthless gear.

SougoXIII

The rare rolls seems to be the biggest priority at this points since you will be gate-keep so hard in the harder levels without decent 3*/4* equipment.

The extra slot is not necessarily atm since 100 is plenty for the limited gear available right now.

Mythil can also restore stamina but that's a terrible waste since they're so rare in this game without special hand outs from the devs.

Decided to roll, got a 4* Hammer. Is Kain currently the only unit that can use Axes/Hammers?

Tyrone can equip/use everything compensated by his mediocre stats.

Negator

New event, and two HIGHLY needed daily dungeons? I hope this is a sign of things to come. Beats grinding FFVI for orbs!

Roto13

Does Jump still do double damage if you have a spear equipped? Hoping I can make Kain viable for the distance boss. I've been using him regularly and I just got enough orbs to create Jump.

elty

Wonder if I should level up ranger or black mage for another DPS.

My plan for range boss is

Tyro - range DPS
White mage - healer
Tidus - Boost and support
Rydia - thunder DPS
Wakka - range DPS

garath

Who's your healer if you have both Rydia and Tyro use 2 Thundara?

Edit: Does Hone Ability improve damage, just wondering if I should focus on getting more Thundara, or getting stronger Thundara.
Edit2: Someone doing Exp/Stamina rates for this event. There's a good stage in Stage 36-40.

I have tyro with slow and a level 2 cura. I'd replace the slow with thundara for now.

aett

I saved up my mythril for the first character who I want as a permanent party member and was thrilled to get Tifa. Spent the mythril (and a few bucks of real money) and, of course, no luck with those gloves.

Deadly

I got to 61 but then died because Rydia got wrekt too fast :( Got the dps but surviving is the difficult part.

chri5t

So I got Cloud's Buster Sword but it's not allowing me to use Braver. Do I need to level up the weapon before I can use it?

Caerith

The whip is a ranged weapon!?

That changes everything! :D

Whip is ranged, but it's more a caster weapon because it has a really high Magic stat. One of the best non-rare weapons in the game, I think, because it lets Rydia destroy stuff as a mage but also lets her deal respectable damage in auto-battle.

(Also really good for Rydia is the Black Cowl from Ship Graveyard's boss-- only 3* equipment you can farm, has decent defense and adds to magic.)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Me either, with how much of a grind leveling is, I feel like there are going to be a lot of characters I'll never use.

growth eggs make this moot, you could level tifa to ~20 without using her just from the growth eggs from the event and a run of the daily exp dungeon on saturday or whenever it is

Caerith

growth eggs make this moot, you could level tifa to ~20 without using her just from the growth eggs from the event and a run of the daily exp dungeon on saturday or whenever it is
This checks out. The 30 minor growth eggs (15k exp) from the event are enough to get her to 14; the 10 lesser growth eggs (25k exp) could probably get her the rest of the way.

I wrecked the first flying boss in just a couple turns.

Hope the second one is just as easy.

Second flying boss supposedly has more HP and damage, but it doesn't seem unmanageable if you're prepared.

Shouta

So just some amusing April Fool's stuff for the JP version.

They updated the information page when you login with a message about that legendary weapon coming in but instead it was that other legendary one. =( Yes, they said Excalibur was coming but they really gave us Excalipoor. They also gave us 5 mythril too, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom