• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falk

that puzzling face
Okay, here's the even more final verdict:

Heroics: 15 stam, multiple 3*s (typically anywhere from 1-5)
Lenna event: Doesn't matter, because at 500 Crystals per 3*, while better than Aerith, is inferior to the above

Elite bosses: ballpark of ~30-100 stam per 4*, depending on which boss (i.e. which type) and RNG
Lenna event: Doesn't matter, because at 3500 Crystals per 4*, while MAAAYBE (doubtful) better than Aerith, is inferior to the above.

Lenna event has two advantages for orbs:
- Summon orbs, which you can't get anywhere else
- Easier to clear, for people who started the game later.

That's about it. Other than that, even with the adjusted values, it's inferior to the other methods in the game right now looking at pure stamina/orb.

Okay, here's the even more final verdict:

Heroics: 15 stam, multiple 3*s (typically anywhere from 1-5)
Lenna event: Doesn't matter, because at 500 Crystals per 3*, while better than Aerith, is inferior to the above

Elite bosses: ballpark of ~30-100 stam per 4*, depending on which boss (i.e. which type) and RNG
Lenna event: Doesn't matter, because at 3500 Crystals per 4*, while MAAAYBE (doubtful) better than Aerith, is inferior to the above.

Lenna event has two advantages for orbs:
- Summon orbs, which you can't get anywhere else
- Easier to clear, for people who started the game later.

That's about it. Other than that, even with the adjusted values, it's inferior to the other methods in the game right now looking at pure stamina/orb.

You fail to mention the biggest advantage the Leena event has over all others minus the Aerith event, that it's far less luck based to get what you actually want. I'm sure I'm not the only person who's had miserable luck grinding for things in the "best area to grind" for them. With collection events you can always see yourself making progress and getting closer to your objective.

Also hard leena is infinitely easier then heroics

Rearranged some gear by putting my FFVIII dagger on Cloud, honing Blizz. Strike and changing formation. Off to try T-Rex Elite again. I hope this is enough!

hYM7jgt.jpg

Falk

that puzzling face
You fail to mention the biggest advantage the Leena event has over all others minus the Aerith event, that it's far less luck based to get what you actually want. I'm sure I'm not the only person who's had miserable luck grinding for things in the "best area to grind" for them. With collection events you can always see yourself making progress and getting closer to your objective.

With 1 or 2 orbs, sure. When you're talking in the range of 20-30 (let's face it, we'd have gone for all 10 earths, some darks, all 10 lightnings, assorted others) simple mathematics in terms of averages and standard deviations start to stack up. You have to be exponentially more unlucky having equally shitty drop rates for 20 orbs vs 2 orbs.

Does it feel better? It can. Just like rolling a 4-6 every time can feel better than rolling a 1-15 (numbers unrelated to anything and pulled out of my ass to make a point)

But yes, I agree, Lenna event is far easier than Heroics, and thus a good place to level a couple of lowbies in addition to grinding summon orbs and 3* orbs. For most 4*s though, the bosses (e.g. Mist Cave Elite) can just as easily be done by the B and C teams.

edit: Look I'm not trying to tell you how to play the game. :( All I'm doing is putting out my own little analysis on the cost-efficiency of all the various methods in the game. Think of it as a game review. Except for events. Falk's Fabulous Event Rewards Review. You don't have to agree with it, just like you don't have to agree with IGN's game reviews (i'm not IGN tho :( ) and if it feels worth your time, especially if/when cpp starts getting more meaningful data on the exact rates and we can derive more accurate stam/orb for everything and compare just how different it is, by all means go for it.

Basically just from my years of farming useless trinkets in WoW and dozens of JRPG platinums, I've basically conditioned myself to think in bulk and always follow the most efficient average routines, even if they're more random.

mstevens

Oh nice, new event gives angel wings. (Edit: dang wrong name, nvm) Not going to bother trying T. rex now.

Hope I can farm 6 greater earth and dark orbs to hone quake... Wonder how long that will take.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Oh nice, new event gives angel wings. (Edit: dang wrong name, nvm) Not going to bother trying T. rex now.
It's actually a different item too btw, the Angel Ring from the Lenna event gives RES+3 & MND+15, while the Angel Wings from T-Rex mastery gives MAG+15.

Falk

that puzzling face
Man, they're really setting up Lenna to be a Dia monster. She doesn't even have support abilities to cast boost as a not-so-subtle hint.

Apparently the boss can drop multiple orbs at a time. Haven't seen it yet, may be worth doing the kill app trick at the end of the event once you have what you want and don't need the magicite your losing by burning stam.

Man, they're really setting up Lenna to be a Dia monster. She doesn't even have support abilities to cast boost as a not-so-subtle hint.

Yaass

I noticed this too. I took off the bow I gave her and gave her a Diamond Mace+ for a mind boost. Then, I replaced Blindna with Dia so she can nuke in Hard mode while I farm orbs. Cecil can take care of Blindna duties. ;P

Irnbru

Wow, sorry to hear it. It's one of my biggest fears with these types of games. Did you connect your phone to your gamecenter id?

That sucks. I assume you didn't upload your save data with facebook/game center/code at least once? If you did that at any point you could try loading it on another device and your save would be carried over from where you stopped playing.

That sucks.

Also, maybe try Square Enix? It's their logo plastered at the start of the app after all, maybe there's some leverage to be had that way.

Ugh this is my fear. Sorry to hear that. :( I would try persisting since you spent money.

I'm on Tab S but my phone is iphone so I'm not sure best way to make sure my save is backed up.

Thanks guys, I've tried the above, and I did have them linked I guess I just didn't upload the save? Didn't even know that was necessary since you need to be online to even play the game and I'm used to most digital games having cloud saving. :( and now they don't even respond to my question asking why they can't get the save. This just hurts man. I've invested a ton of time into this and cash and now they are just telling me fuck you, but hey don't leave and spend more cash ok.

Did a 1 pull with mythril from event. Got garden uniform from Rinoa banner. Have that, regal gown, and 2 genji armor. Defense is great on my team.

Did a 50 mythril pull, didn't get Lenna's staff but got a genji helm and regal gown with a couple of 4 star weapons to replace the trash my party was working with before.

Feels good.

Yogg

I may be wrong, but depending on the droprate would it not be worth it to go "airplane mode" on the last boss of the event since he can drop 3x greater orbs at a time ?

Falk

that puzzling face
Hey CPP, it also actually just occurred to me - is airplane mode stuff going to affect your data collection? I'm not sure if your tool reads every time a stage is created or when it's completed.

Nohar

According to reddit, the final boss can drop 3 Greater Fire Orb on Hard mode. No idea right now if it is a unique drop or if it can drop this several times. Confirmed myself that he dropped 3 Lesser Orbs on Easy+ mode, so i guess this is true.

Thanks guys, I've tried the above, and I did have them linked I guess I just didn't upload the save? Didn't even know that was necessary since you need to be online to even play the game and I'm used to most digital games having cloud saving. :( and now they don't even respond to my question asking why they can't get the save. This just hurts man. I've invested a ton of time into this and cash and now they are just telling me fuck you, but hey don't leave and spend more cash ok.

I wonder if you could find some other DeNA games and look for a community for those games and see if you can ask around there and see if those people have had luck recovering accounts. I'm not sure if it would help, but it could give you some ideas.

Xclash

can't grow facial hair
I have done three 11x relic pulls hoping to get Tyro's Sentinel Grimoire and didn't even get a single 5 star item. RNG gods hates me.

Yogg

gSo9DlY.png

I just s/l once on the hard boss, and got 3 greater fire orbs the second time. That's 10 stamina very well spent!

I think I'll keep doing that for the next runs. That's less magicite per stamina, but so much more greater orbs.

Nohar

gSo9DlY.png

I just s/l once on the hard boss, and got 3 greater fire orbs the second time. That's 10 stamina very well spent!

I think I'll keep doing that for the next runs. That's less magicite per stamina, but so much more greater orbs.

Well, reddit's info confirmed. Maaaaaaaaaaan, this is brutal (3 greater orbs = 9000 magicite).

Got the 3 Greater Orbs too! Ooooooh yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah~~

Shahadan

Humbaba never gave me a 4* wind orb and the only one I have was from the Aeri event iirc. I guess I'm not gonna get Bladeblit anytime soon ;(

Shahadan

Play the new event. You will be swimming in 4* Orbs after you buy them from Mog.

Yeah I guess that's what I'll be doing for a while :p
I'll enjoy leveling Lenna as well.

I wish I could find a way to fix my problem with this game. Can't play outside, only on wifi at home. I could on my old phone so it's even more annoying :lol:
It's probably not the phone but rather the provider I now use, so I'm probably fucked on that front.
Other apps work fine though. I'm at a loss.

Noi

Ahahaha, the Japanese version is finally doing a Butz event, and it's getting the second playable villain along with him.

CRs7xQY.jpg

It's Morphin Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom