• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
106 Mythril. What to do, what to do? The current banners are beyond crap.

ffrk02amsyp.png

My current and only party (rest is all LVL1) :) never participated in the Flanocaust, just normal levels gained via Classic/ Elite dungeons:

ffrk016tsq9.png

Notice the uber crap Kain weapon ;_; Today I finally created Firaga/ Blizzaga.

Jyrii

Banned
The event isn't very difficult for my party even on hard, but I failed to master it.

My hard hitters Cloud and Dark Cecil got blinded and Aerith didn't have esuna. This caused me two experts. Also lack of group heal costed me points in the boss fight.

Think I will be able to master it on the second try. Just have to swap some skills.

Nohar

Ahahaha, the Japanese version is finally doing a Butz event, and it's getting the second playable villain along with him.

CRs7xQY.jpg

It's Morphin Time!

Hell yeah!

Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men! And ladies! And ladies who dress like men! For Gilgamesh...it is morphing time!

Still... Faris, where arth thou?

SunGod

Got Lenna, the new gear (none of the accessories apart from the Hyper Wrist though) the mythril and now I'm picking up the summon orbs, got the 1-3* ones, just 4* to go.

After that I think I'm just going to go back to farming orbs from elite dungeons. I'm not convinced it's worth farming 4* orbs from this event :(

Falk

that puzzling face

Ahahahaha I wonder if my assessment about Lenna event being lackluster if you could do heroics counts as one of those times you rant on GAF about it and it works because you get good luck after that.

(My current target is, curiously enough, the Major orbs after summon orbs. I think I'm actually good on the 3* and 4*s and will farm them outside the event)

Beelzebubs

Hmm I'm just thinking of the possibilities of using the Giant Glove Soul Break to kill yourself and buff party and then use Lenna Relic Staff for Revive and Full Heal. It's the new meta!

Falk

that puzzling face
Hmm I'm just thinking of the possibilities of using the Giant Glove Soul Break to kill yourself and buff party and then use Lenna Relic Staff for Revive and Full Heal. It's the new meta!

Really depends if that counts as a star taken off for KO to be honest.

Then again, if it's a boss and you end up saving an action star and damage star because you kill it faster...

I've been able to clear the heroic dungeons now. Didn't quite master today's(or yesterdays)...but I did get perfect on the second stage. Have 4 mythril...will take my daily mythril in an hour to a banner. Of the four single-pull 5 star items I've gotten...they've all come on back-to-back draws. Royal Gown, then the next day Buster Sword. Then a few days later, Judgment Staff and Judgment Staff the next day. After my 11 pull(two more 5 stars) yesterday I did a single pull at night and got the VIII armor, so my next pull should once again(if history has any bearing) be another 5 star. I'll be laughing my ass off if that comes true. What are the odds? Eh. I got a Genji armor too on a single pull...I guess I didn't get a five after that either. Theory busted.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Hmm, those 4* fire orbs are tempting but I don't think I'm going to S/L on the hard boss, I've been doing way too much of that in the past few days. At the moment I'd rather just spend my stamina normally on the event so I don't get tired of the game, so no min-maxing for me this time.

...although I said something similar about No 24 at the start of the Celes event and ended up doing it all the way to the Major Holy Orb. Lmao. We'll see.

Woo ... Unlocked Lenna. That's probably not exciting for everyone else, but I just got into this within the last two weeks or so. Feels good after i couldnt get to Rinoa in time. Replaced Rydia for Tyro/Cloud/Kain/Wakka/Lenna, with everyone else at level 20.

Is there anything in particular I should aim for from Dr Mog at this stage in the game? At this point I'm mostly interested in leveling up and unlocking some more characters, I don't know how many more non-core non-event characters I have left to get.

Edit: Also am I right in my understanding that old events will repeat eventually so I can get the party members I missed?

Jyrii

Banned
The event isn't very difficult for my party even on hard, but I failed to master it.

My hard hitters Cloud and Dark Cecil got blinded and Aerith didn't have esuna. This caused me two experts. Also lack of group heal costed me points in the boss fight.

Think I will be able to master it on the second try. Just have to swap some skills.

Aaand I got it mastered. Just needed to swap Tifa for Tidus for better armor, give Esuna to Aerith and be more careful with my attacks against the boss.

Noi

Not so obvious upside to having pulled the Healing Staff: Lenna autobattling through the trash mobs now does enough damage where I usually get two Soul Break casts by the time I reach the boss. That's either two party regens/full Lifes for her, or two Seal Evils for Aerith if I need to use her.

dat FF5 level 27 Record Synergy.

SunGod

Has anyone tried farming 4* non elemental orbs from Dwarven Castle? Do you need Calca and Brina to merge together/stay apart in order for it to drop? Or does it not matter?

Nohar

Is there anything in particular I should aim for from Dr Mog at this stage in the game? At this point I'm mostly interested in leveling up and unlocking some more characters, I don't know how many more non-core non-event characters I have left to get.

Edit: Also am I right in my understanding that old events will repeat eventually so I can get the party members I missed?

Here is the list of rewards and what I think is interesting to get:
  • Lenna (1500): Mandatory.
  • Mythril (150x2): Mandatory.
  • Power Staff (2*) (30x3): Meh. The number of staves in this game is ridiculous. You already have the 4* FFIII staff which can be acquired via the paintings. Still, there are a couple of FFIV paintings in which the Power staff could be useful.
  • Gaia Gear (2*) (30x3): Slighty more useful, since that way you will get a 2*++ Robe. But the next robe in that list is more important.
  • Diamond Mace (3*) (500x2): Better than the Power Staff, but the fact remains it is still a staff. Still useful for FFII synergy.
  • Luminous Robe (3*) (500x2): Mandatory. Now we're talking! Very nice robe, which you can upgrade to a 3*+, and it has FFV synergy. Not only is it perfect for the current event, but it will remain useful when doing FFV Elites, making it a very good piece of equipment for mages and for some characters who can't wear Armors (such as Snow).
  • Hyper Wrist (3*) (1500): Mandatory. Formidable accessory for your fighters. Even more powerful in the FFVI realm.
  • Power Wrist (30x2): Depends. If you already got 3 or more of them, skip them. Otherwise, take them.
  • Silver Glasses / Peace Ring / Jeweled Ring / Fire Ring (1500 to 6000): Meh. Those are very situational accessories. Other rewards are more interesting.
  • Growth Eggs (regular, greater, major; 2500, 5000, 10000): "OK" to "Good". They can be very useful to level-up characters who really need more levels to become useful, especially now that our only real option for exp farming is Sunday dungeon (Flan Genocide is over). Still, they cost a lot of tokens. Getting those shouldn't be your priority.
  • Orbs: "OK" to "Mandatory". Summoning Orbs are mandatory if you wish to use summons (since you can only get these kind of orbs during Events). Aside from that, it really depends on which abilities you need. Considering Vanille's event will follow shortly after Lenna's, you want to stock Lightning orbs to craft Thundara, Thundaga and Thunder Strike. Black and Power Orbs are always useful too. Finally, 3 Greater Earth orbs are necessary if you wish to craft Quake, so it may be a good idea to get those.

Finally: yes, events will repeat, though it can take months.

Red Mage

• Power Staff (2*) (30x3): Meh. The number of staves in this game is ridiculous. You already have the 4* FFIII staff which can be acquired via the paintings, and there aren't that many FFII paintings available in which the Power staff could be useful. Frankly, you can skip it.
  • Gaia Gear (2*) (30x3): Slighty more useful, since that way you will get a 2*++ Robe. But the next robe in that list is more important.
  • Diamond Mace (3*) (500x2): Better than the Power Staff, but the fact remains it is still a staff. Still useful for FFIV synergy.
  • Luminous Robe (3*) (500x2): Mandatory. Now we're talking! Very nice robe, which you can upgrade to a 3*+, and it has FFV synergy. Not only is it perfect for the current event, but it will remain useful when doing FFV Elites, making it a very good piece of equipment for mages and for some characters who can't wear Armors (such as Snow).
  • Hyper Wrist (3*) (1500): Mandatory. Formidable accessory for your fighters. Even more powerful in the FFVI realm.
  • Power Wrist (30x2): Depends. If you already got 3 or more of them, skip them. Otherwise, take them.
  • Silver Glasses / Peace Ring / Jeweled Ring / Fire Ring (1500 each): Meh. Those are very situational accessories. Other rewards are more interesting.
  • Growth Eggs (regular, greater, major; 2500, 5000, 10000): "OK" to "Good". They can be very useful to level-up characters who really need more levels to become useful, especially now that our only real option for exp farming is Sunday dungeon (Flan Genocide is over). Still, they cost a lot of tokens. Getting those shouldn't be your priority.
  • Orbs: "OK" to "Mandatory". Summoning Orbs are mandatory if you wish to use summons (since you can only get these kind of orbs during Events). Aside from that, it really depends on which abilities you need. Considering Vanille's event will follow shortly after Lenna's, you want to stock Lightning orbs to craft Thundara, Thundaga and Thunder Strike. Black and Power Orbs are always useful too. Finally, 3 Greater Earth orbs are necessary if you wish to craft Quake, so it may be a good idea to get those.

Best part is that I had a Luminous Robe from a prior pull, which means I have a ++. xD

BTW, do you guys think I have enough time to earn another 100 Mythril before the Edgar event? I really want to do two 11's on his, but am tempted by the Genji gear. >_>

When events repeat, do they repeat exactly the way they were? Ie. If I claimed 7 greater wind orbs during the Aerith event, will there only be 3 left to claim? Or is it a new set of events, with new rewards et al?

Nohar

When events repeat, do they repeat exactly the way they were? Ie. If I claimed 7 greater wind orbs during the Aerith event, will there only be 3 left to claim? Or is it a new set of events, with new rewards et al?

Rewards and Tokens are reset. I don't know if they will change some rewards though.

• Power Staff (2*) (30x3): Meh. The number of staves in this game is ridiculous. You already have the 4* FFIII staff which can be acquired via the paintings, and there aren't that many FFII paintings available in which the Power staff could be useful. Frankly, you can skip it.
  • Diamond Mace (3*) (500x2): Better than the Power Staff, but the fact remains it is still a staff. Still useful for FFIV synergy.
  • Silver Glasses / Peace Ring / Jeweled Ring / Fire Ring (1500 each): Meh. Those are very situational accessories. Other rewards are more interesting.

Great list. Hyper Wrist is super mandatory.

Re: fire and ice ring

Anyone know the reduction %. Presumably rs increases this, right? Is this % additive with say the fire helm?

Considering all the trash mobs for all but humbaba to fight through I don't see the fire ring justifying its price vs using a attack or mag mind acc

Edit: 6,000 magicite for the fire ring....that's nearly two greater orbs.

Nohar

BTW, Diamond Mace is II RS, isn't it? It'd be worth it just for having some decent II equipment.

FFIV synergy IIRC. Can't access to Doctor Mog shop, since I'm currently in the middle of a run.
EDIT: My bad, it seems I mixed up the two staves. I'll edit my list.

Nohar

my first 5* and it came from the free pull

Congratz! :D

Boy, the final boss is beyond easy, even in Hard mode:
  • Human form: Cast Blizzara/Blizzaga. Do NOT use physical attacks, otherwise he will counter with Blaze.
  • Tornado form: Any physical attack will do (perfect opportunity to use Blizzard Strike).
  • Hand form: Any physical attack will do (do NOT use Spell Blade abilities though: he resists every element in that form). Just be sure to attack it ASAP, you really don't want it to use Ray. Will counterattack someone with Fira for minor damages.
His ATB bar resets each time he changes forms, and he changes forms each time he is attacked. If you play your cards well, you will just take damages from his Hand form's counterattack. Overall an incredibly easy boss.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)

• Human form: Cast Blizzara/Blizzaga. Do NOT use physical attacks, otherwise he will counter with Blaze.
  • Tornado form: Any physical attack will do (perfect opportunity to use Blizzard Strike).
  • Hand form: Any physical attack will do (do NOT use Spell Blade abilities though: he resists every element in that form). Just be sure to attack it ASAP, you really don't want it to use Ray. Will counterattack someone with Fira for minor damages.
His ATB bar resets each time he changes forms, and he changes forms each time he is attacked. If you play your cards well, you will just take damages from his Hand form's counterattack. Overall an incredibly easy boss.
Adding to this: Retaliate meta doesn't trigger his counterattack.

• Tornado form: Any physical attack will do (do NOT use Spell Blade abilities though: he resists every element in that form).
  • Hand form: Any physical attack will do (perfect opportunity to use Blizzard Strike). Just be sure to attack it ASAP, you really don't want it to use Ray. Will counterattack someone with Fira for minor damages.

Yes, the trash mobs before him are harder than him on Hard. Blizzaga on Terra, Blizarra on Celes FTW.

I will grind this Event like there's no tomorrow.

Kaiterra

Banned
The status/element resistance accessories are just pathetic. For how hard they are to get (and because you only have one accessory slot), they should really confer complete resistance.

Well I got a Mythril Armor from my pull today. Nice as I have 3+. But I also have Genji Armor X 2 and a Balamb Garden Uniform....so I dunno if it's worth the 60000(yes, 60000) to upgrade(not including mats/cost). Certainly not at this time and perhaps maybe never as those armors should still be better...I'd presume even with without the synergy in VI.

The status/element resistance accessories are just pathetic. For how hard they are to get (and because you only have one accessory slot), they should really confer complete resistance.

I think they're supposed to be used in conjunction with other equipment...like the Flame Mail protects "moderate" against ice. Combine a ring of similar nature and you have even better protection against whatever element. As for status...yeah, that's kind of dumb since there's no armor(that I've seen) that has some built in effect to status.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom