• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheExodu5

Banned
growth eggs make this moot, you could level tifa to ~20 without using her just from the growth eggs from the event and a run of the daily exp dungeon on saturday or whenever it is

Also, I just used her for 25 floors (30-55) and got her to level 14. With a decent weapon and level 3 FF VII bangle, she's my best damage dealer in the dungeon at the moment (only outclassed by Cloud if I decide to use him) thanks to synergy (though I'll be switching her out for the ranged bosses).

Use new characters in their own dungeons, and they'll level up quickly and become formidable in no time. A level 15 character with synergy will outclass a level 25 character.

TheExodu5

Banned
How long does Protect/Shell/Haste last? How about debuffs?

Boost lasts only for a short while (3 turns maybe?), so its usefulness seems limited.

Caerith

So just some amusing April Fool's stuff for the JP version.

They updated the information page when you login with a message about that legendary weapon coming in but instead it was that other legendary one. =( Yes, they said Excalibur was coming but they really gave us Excalipoor. They also gave us 5 mythril too, lol

Nice. Does it have a soul break for Gilgamesh?

Glix

I never ever ever thought I would say this about anything...

but I wish I could bug my friends on FB about this game or something to get more stamina.

GIFF ME STAMINA!

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I killed him with Rydia alone. So far the event dungeon has eaten a lot of my stamina, but has otherwise been completely devoid of challenge.

My only concern is my underleveled rydia. I have all lvl 31s but rydia is only 18. Luckily I have a 5* dress that helps her survive. Hopefully she doesn't get focused!

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
My only concern is my underleveled rydia. I have all lvl 31s but rydia is only 18. Luckily I have a 5* dress that helps her survive. Hopefully she doesn't get focused!

I was way over prepared. Both of these flying bosses were cake.

Now I just need to wait for stamina to get Sephiroth!

I'm waiting for stamina before I take on the first flying boss. I don't feel like I've over prepared (all of my characters sans Tyro are in their mid-20's and I only have 6 shots worth of Thundara).

I've had no down time in that game, I've burned through every bit of stamina just about as soon as I've gotten it. Lots of leveling, lots of daily grinding, lots of event dungeon... I have spent more time on this game than I thought I would, and more time than on the last 3 games I've bought combined since I got it... Not sure if I should be happy or sad about that.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I'm waiting for stamina before I take on the first flying boss. I don't feel like I've over prepared (all of my characters sans Tyro are in their mid-20's and I only have 6 shots worth of Thundara).

I've had no down time in that game, I've burned through every bit of stamina just about as soon as I've gotten it. Lots of leveling, lots of daily grinding, lots of event dungeon... I have spent more time on this game than I thought I would, and more time than on the last 3 games I've bought combined since I got it... Not sure if I should be happy or sad about that.

I only used 2 thundaras before it died. You will be fine.

I only used 2 thundaras before it died. You will be fine.

Oh wow... then if all of the flying bosses are weak to Thundara, I'm not super worried at all then... Do we know the full stats of Tifa and Sephiroth yet? Need to know if I'm messing with my core group or not.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Oh wow... then if all of the flying bosses are weak to Thundara, I'm not super worried at all then... Do we know the full stats of Tifa and Sephiroth yet? Need to know if I'm messing with my core group or not.

Tifa and Sephiroth both have higher stats than Cloud if stats are what you are concerned about.

Cloud does get the elemental attacks though, so he is still useful.

Personally I'm ditching Wakka for Sephiroth.

So Cloud, Sephiroth, Tidus, Kain, and hero. Might swap Tifa for Kain depending on which 5* weapons I draw.

MicH

Alright, first flying boss down! Wasn't much of a challenge. The real challenge are these 10 stamina costs :(

SougoXIII

Anyone knows what's the best place to farm Lesser Dark orbs? I need like 3 for the Dark Attack to blind the last boss of the event.

Anyone knows what's the best place to farm Lesser Dark orbs? I need like 3 for the Dark Attack to blind the last boss of the event.

https://ffrkstrategy.gamematome.jp/game/951/wiki/Orbs_Dark Orbs_Lesser Dark Orb

Probably mount kolts, FFVI seems to be a great place to farm orbs in general.

Looking at their stats... Sephiroth is definitely going in because his base attack and defense are crazy... I don't think I have a spot for Tifa though unless I get rid of Kain... and I like Kain too much... Even if he's not super great.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

Looking at their stats... Sephiroth is definitely going in because his base attack and defense are crazy... I don't think I have a spot for Tifa though unless I get rid of Kain... and I like Kain too much... Even if he's not super great.

Yeah, Kain is pretty neat now that I know his Jump ability and limit break are ranged.

Plus he is a dragoon! Everybody loves dragoons!

Shouta

Sephiroth has high attack power but to get the most out of him, you need a Katana, which can be tough to come by. Otherwise, he can only equip daggers. Cyan has the same issue.

Yeah, Kain is pretty neat now that I know his Jump ability and limit break are ranged.

Plus he is a dragoon! Everybody loves dragoons!

I don't know if they implemented it but Kain actually got a stat increase later on to make him better overall, as I recall. It might alreadyb e in for him.

Althane

Accidentally took a level 5 Tifa into the 34-40 dungeon range, and the stat boosts from being in-synch let her clean house without an issue. So, yeah, this dungeon is overall pretty simple. Excited to see what events will come in the future. More mythril!

TheContact

For iOS users: this game has a notification widget which shows how much stamina you have, pretty useful for not having to open the app to check

Shouta

They gave us one from this event. It even drops three times for max combining!

You got the Masamune Blade, right?

That's OK but even after making it the Masamune++ with the combining, it's only 77 or so attack. It's weaker than a 5 star dagger that's been maxed but not combined. The XII daggers I have are about 98. A 5 star Katana with Max level is 110 or more without the +, lol

Dungeon Resonance helps make up for it though.

Saerk

Question on combining items. Does it make a difference if I combine an item that's 5/5 with a 1/5 duplicate vs a 5/5 with another 5/5?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Question on combining items. Does it make a difference if I combine an item that's 5/5 with a 1/5 duplicate vs a 5/5 with another 5/5?

No difference.

Always combine a max level with a completely unleveled dupe for optimal results.

JNA

Banned
Alright guys, I'm heading to the last stage!

Question: this boss can be hit with Melee attacks this time right? So should I take out Wakka for Tidus on this one?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Alright guys, I'm heading to the last stage!

Question: this boss can be hit with Melee attacks this time right? So should I take out Wakka for Tidus on this one?

Melee is fine. Use Dark Attack to blind the attacker, kill the buffer, then finish off the attacker.

11 more stamina until Sephiroth. This 33 minutes is going to be long!

JNA

Banned
It's an ability you have to craft.

That's what I thought. But I can't find the ability anywhere. :(

It's not at Black Magic or White Magic, or physical, or anywhere. I can find poison, confuse, silence, but not Blind. 0_0

EDIT: oh wait, found it. Nvm. Uhh I don't have enough to create it lol. :(

You know what?

kBOitvn.gif

Negator

I don't know if it's because I upgraded all my weapons or not, but I'm finally able to tackle the hard versions of the daily.

Do we know if we'll always be getting two daily events at the same time?

Nope! Kazekiri. Maxes out at 33 ATK, which is comparable to or slightly better than my current weapons for everyone else. There's also a knuckles weapon for Tifa, but I haven't bothered maxing it out since no one can use it.

Wat

MicH

I don't know if it's because I upgraded all my weapons or not, but I'm finally able to tackle the hard versions of the daily.

Do we know if we'll always be getting two daily events at the same time?

Wat
The event drops them. They're called Sonic Knuckles

Negator

No one in my party can use it. Unlike the katana. :p

Sephiroth isn't ready for the big leagues yet. After I try and clear up some FF4 elite dungeons I'll probably spend a lot of time grinding up FF7 characters in Shinra tower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom