• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luminous Robe would have been amazing... had I not gotten to Hynpo Crowns from my last 11 pull :(

Guess I'll get it anyways that way I can make a Hypno Crown + and use a Luminous Robe + for back up if I need two mages in FFV content.

Road

Aw SHIT JP just got Butz & Gilgamesh event :O

I want!

It's like they do it on purpose. Meanwhile, we're stuck with Lenna. To top it off, she's a healer...

cartmanfrozen.jpg.

They don't know what to do or don't give a fuck, they named Curaja "Soin Max", which is also the usual name of Curaga. So we now have two Soin Max ! I wish I could switch to english.

Did you try Help->Config->Language?

I'm stopping that fire orbs s/l routine for now. Got 6 greater fire orbs and 1 greater wind orb today, but I'll now focus on getting as many greater orbs as I can from the event, and I'll go back to s/l'ing if there's time left in the event after that. Futureproffing the fire stuff is good but I still need abilities from other orbs first.

I think I'll follow this strategy. Greater Earth Orbs are number one priority.

Roto13

Thanks. Time to clean house. (After I already added 10 slots with mythril today.)

The reason I haven't updated the spreadsheet in a long time is because I've planning on integrating this functionality into FFRK Inspector in a way that wouldn't require you to input anything. The idea is that you just click the Party screen in-game, and it figures out your inventory, analyzes it on the fly, and shows you everything right there. I'm putting all my efforts into Inspector right now, so taking some time off to update the spreadsheet would only delay the work on Inspector

I'm currently alpha testing Inspector with a group of 20-25 people I got from here and reddit. The Inventory analyzer isn't in yet, because I've been spending a lot of time on drop rate analysis and getting the database schema worked out and solid. But hopefully I can start working on it soon

That sounds amazing.

The reason I haven't updated the spreadsheet in a long time is because I've planning on integrating this functionality into FFRK Inspector in a way that wouldn't require you to input anything. The idea is that you just click the Party screen in-game, and it figures out your inventory, analyzes it on the fly, and shows you everything right there. I'm putting all my efforts into Inspector right now, so taking some time off to update the spreadsheet would only delay the work on Inspector

I'm currently alpha testing Inspector with a group of 20-25 people I got from here and reddit. The Inventory analyzer isn't in yet, because I've been spending a lot of time on drop rate analysis and getting the database schema worked out and solid. But hopefully I can start working on it soon

Fair enough. Didn't realize you were working on something like this.

Vorpal

Man, I wish the Magicite yield from farming Hard was like 2x or 3x more than what it currently is. I want all the things dangit!

Wazzy

Banned
Wow. o_O

BTW, how many mythril can I earn between now and when Edgar drops? 100?
The Edgar event, if they're following the schedule at least somewhat similar to Japan's still, won't be for a while so you can most definitely earn more than a 100 mythril by the time he rolls around. I got back up to 90 just completing elites from the time I finished Rinoa event and there's still so many elites to clear.

B.K.

it's always most efficient to grind on the highest difficulty of anything if you can.

That's what I usually do, but the last time I was online last night, there was a lot of discussion about the drops being a lot more random that the Aerith event. I wasn't sure if anyone had figured out which would be the best.

Falk

that puzzling face
I can tell you that while Hard is random, Normal and Normal+ are just as random, but less on average.

The comparison was Hard vs Aerith Hard vs Elites and Heroics for 4* and 3*s, really.

edit: Man, I have a stash of Power/Black/Lightning 3*s now so if Thundara Strike doesn't hit with Vanille's event I'm gonna be rly mad D:

Road

The only randomness in the Lenna event appears to be the rare Motor-trap. Normally, you' getting ~1250 per Hard completion, but if it appears, you'll get more, not less.

Using the base ~1250, you will need equals ~143 stamina per Greater Orb.

According to data collected so far by ffrk-inspector, Phantom Train is 15 stamina per Greater Dark and, Mist Cave, 53 per Greater Earth. But both don't include the stamina spent before the boss battle. Humbaba has 96 per Greater Wind. Heroic dailies are well over 150 per Greater Orb, simply a joke.

We don't know how rare Motor-trap is and the event boss drops Greater Fire and Wind Orbs itself at an unmeasured rate (so far), so it's hard to say which is mathematically better.

Falk

that puzzling face
The only randomness in the Lenna event appears to be the rare Motor-trap. Normally, you' getting ~1250 per Hard completion, but if it appears, you'll get more, not less.

Using the base ~1250, you will need equals ~143 stamina per Greater Orb.

Beg to differ. The goblins also have a shitty drop rate % for Magicite, probably to offset the fact you can get a wave of 4 or 5 of them. It's not super rare (but not common, obviously) to get <100 Magicite in 3 rounds, especially the boss stage.

My ballpark estimate is ~1350 average WITH Motor Trap randomness factored in

edit: The ghost things that blind are my best friend. 48 Magicite, almost always drops it too.

edit2: And just as I post that, the next stage I do has 4 of them and only 1 drop Magicite. GOD DAMN

edit3: And just as I post THAT, the NEXT stage I do has another 4 of them and 3 of them drop Magicite. I guess today, post-on-GAF-and-the-opposite-happens is out in full force.

edit4: Finished 6th full run from 15 Magicite, 8100 Magicite Shards now. Still a pretty small sample size. And I did get 3x 4* Fire Orbs and a 4* Wind Orb off the boss :V

Road

Beg to differ. The goblins also have a shitty drop rate % for Magicite, probably to offset the fact you can get a wave of 4 or 5 of them. It's not super rare (but not common, obviously) to get <100 Magicite in 3 rounds, especially the boss stage.

My ballpark estimate is ~1300 average WITH Motor Trap randomness factored in

I don't have much data. I only measured three runs today that were 1322, 1274 and 1226. None included motor-trap.

Falk

that puzzling face
Yeh, I bumped that estimate to 1350, myself based on 6 runs. As with you, my sample size is also tiny, but RNG definitely is a factor with or without motor trap. Sometimes you get over 200, sometimes you get 72 because screw everything that's why.

edit
d6pE6zm.jpg

Maybe I should stop posting on GAF for tonight- it seems I'm angering RNGesus.

Vorpal

edit3: And just as I post THAT, the NEXT stage I do has another 4 of them and 3 of them drop Magicite. I guess today, post-on-GAF-and-the-opposite-happens is out in full force.

I hate how the free relic draw usually gives me a single 1-2* item instead of a dozen 5* items at the same time

What time eastern does the Rinoa event end? I kind of left the elites to last minute and I just cleared through the first Edea fight with mastery. I have no shot of beating t rex or the final bosses (highest lvl char is a 43 cloud with galbadian blade) but I shouldn't have much problem with the mobs thanks to retaliate + boost.

Yeh, I bumped that estimate to 1350, myself based on 6 runs. As with you, my sample size is also tiny, but RNG definitely is a factor with or without motor trap. Sometimes you get over 200, sometimes you get 72 because screw everything that's why.

edit

Maybe I should stop posting on GAF for tonight- it seems I'm angering RNGesus.

I actually got 600 once, two motor traps in the same run

Xetherion

Holy crap, confirmed that Lenna event boss can drop multiple orbs! Got 3 Greater Fire Orbs off of him!

Edit: how do i post the imgur link as an image? i tried using the insert image button but it wasn't showing.

Edit 2: that worked, but the image is rather large... there's a way to scale it down isn't there? Edit 3: Nevermind, quoted it to reduce size.

Edit 4: forgot to mention that you can't tell how many orbs you're getting during the fight, it only showed one orb dropping. no point to s/l unless you're using record peeker or something to look at drops

beanman25

2800 magicite right now. 1 more quest to unlock Rinoa. What should I buy? Eggs? Equipment?

Chars are all low 20s.

Edit: bought 2 luminous robe and the hyper wrist as someone here recommended. Is combining the two robes worth it? Being new ish to the game, the combining system kind of confuses me.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Holy crap, confirmed that Lenna event boss can drop multiple orbs! Got 3 Greater Fire Orbs off of him!

Edit: how do i post the imgur link as an image? i tried using the insert image button but it wasn't showing.

Edit 2: that worked, but the image is rather large... there's a way to scale it down isn't there? Edit 3: Nevermind, quoted it to reduce size.

Edit 4: forgot to mention that you can't tell how many orbs you're getting during the fight, it only showed one orb dropping. no point to s/l unless you're using record peeker or something to look at drops

The orb counter at the top ticks up by 3 so you can tell.

Falk

that puzzling face

the orb counter at the top goes up by 3 so you can tell

edit: wow

Nohar

The token drops can be a little scarse indeed, but at least we can also get lesser and regular orbs (and useful ones to boot), so it evens out.
Anyhow, I guess I'll stop doing Lenna's event in order to see if I can beat a couple more levels of Rinoa's before it vanishes. I would like to beat the T-Rex at least.

EDIT: Began the T-Rex dungeon, wish me luck. I'm just going to try this once. If I beat the T-Rex and get the Angel Wings, I'll be happy. If I fail, screw it.

On a side note, Lenna will be able to use level 4 Dance skills in the future. I have no idea what those skills do, but at least she will become more versatile later.

Noi

That's officially everything worthwhile out of this event, without getting a single FF8 relic pull and only two Quake charges. Paladin Cecil using Stona while Aerith nuked with Dia and kept people alive. o/

Not gonna try Parade Float. I only bothered with the Iguions cause of the Major orb, that Ice Ring really isn't worth the hassle, lol.

Either today's daily dungeon(heroic) is the easiest of the bunch or my team is becoming a powerhouse. Mastered on first try. Mastered again on second try.

Will try T-Rex today. Tried the stage after that one yesterday and I had to retreat(I've since used my armor materials to level up my gear). Hopefully I can make it past that one too. I have quake(2 uses), so maybe I can beat the Iguions? Need to run Lenna''s event before I attempt anything to get 3 more lightning orbs for intimidate usage to 4. Probably going to cut it really close on time if I have 4 events to try to tackle before 8pm central tonight.

If I plan on using a Mythril for recharge, it's best to die to a boss then to camp before the boss...right? I get some bonus and my players and abilities are restored rather than camping before where I don't get a bonus?

I think I've hit the ceiling in the rinoa elite event. I need 2x boosted retaliate strikes to kill everything in sewer - near the exit. 4 retaliate, 8 double cut, and 4 comet may get me through this but I doubt I'll beat anything else without healing and even then no chance against the later bosses

Nohar

T-rex down! I had to abuse S/L for the first 3 stages to be sure to get 27/27 medals, Rinoa conveniently leveled-up right after stage 3, refreshing her Blizzara uses (I didn't even plan this), and I had to try a few more S/L in order to get Poison to stick and Sleep as well. Managed to put it to Sleep 4 times in a row. In the end T-rex woke up and he wasn't happy at all. Managed to land Blind and attacked it for a while before it killed everyone, save for Aerith. I cast Seal Evil: it works. So now Aerith is alone against a big angry T-rex, with only a few hundred HP, no more spells, no more Soul Break.

It dies right after Stop dissipates.

I get 4 medals (2 for actions taken, 1 for damage taken, 1 for deaths).

Mastery get (medals total: 31/36).

Angel Wings.

Big yes.

T-rex down! I had to abuse S/L for the first 3 stages to be sure to get 27/27 medals, Rinoa conveniently leveled-up right after stage 3, refreshing her Blizzara uses (I didn't even plan this), and I had to try a few more S/L in order to get Poison to stick and Sleep as well. Managed to put it to Sleep 4 times in a row. In the end T-rex woke up and he wasn't happy at all. Managed to land Blind and attacked it for a while before it killed everyone, save for Aerith. I cast Seal Evil: it works. So now Aerith is alone against a big angry T-rex, with only a few hundred HP, no more spells, no more Soul Break.

It dies right after Stop dissipates.

I get 4 medals (2 for actions taken, 1 for damage taken, 1 for deaths).

Mastery get (medals total: 31/36).

Angel Wings.

Big yes.

Congrats. Which blind attack were you using the good one or the bad one?

Need 1 more elemental orb (which I'll buy from Dr. Mog) and I'm going to hone either Armor Break or Power Break to 4 uses(which one?).

My team will look like this

*back row
Cloud 50 Buster Sword/Genji Armor/15 attack accessory/3 star Ice attack(2 uses)/Retalliate(4 uses for when my magic runs dry)
Terra* 50 Light Rod/Galbadian Armor(or Gaia Vest?)/Earring/2 star Ice spell(6 uses)/Quake(2 uses) or Sleep(4 uses)? Should probably go quake or 4 use Firaga as my attacks will wake it up.
Cyan 50 Swordbreaker/Balamb Uniform/8 attack accessory/Power Break/Armor Break(which one to 4 uses?)
Aeris* 46(or so) Judgment Staff(6*)/Regal Gown/Angel Ring/Cura(6 uses)/Curaga(8 uses)
Tyro 45(or so) Healing Grimoire/Genji Armor/?????(what accessory should he have with these abilities)/Venom Buster(2 uses)/Dark Buster(2 uses)...with 3 more lightning orbs I can hone Intimidate to 4 uses...would that be better than Dark Buster 2 uses? I think unless it uses some of the same mats(looked it up, Power Orbs...it does) as Power/Armor break.

Which one should I hone to 4 uses? Power/Armor/Intimidate. I guess Armor makes the most sense because the sooner the TRex dies the less I have to heal and take actions. Think I should keep Blind at 2 and leave intimidate out of the fight.

Is your team better than mine above?

Nohar

Congrats. Which blind attack were you using the good one or the bad one?

Need 1 more elemental orb (which I'll buy from Dr. Mog) and I'm going to hone either Armor Break or Power Break to 4 uses(which one?).

My team will look like this

*back row
Cloud 50 Buster Sword/Genji Armor/15 attack accessory/3 star Ice attack(2 uses)/Retalliate(4 uses for when my magic runs dry)
Terra* 50 Light Rod/Galbadian Armor(or Gaia Vest?)/Earring/2 star Ice spell(6 uses)/Quake(2 uses) or Sleep(4 uses)? Should probably go quake or 4 use Firaga as my attacks will wake it up.
Cyan 50 Swordbreaker/Balamb Uniform/8 attack accessory/Power Break/Armor Break(which one to 4 uses?)
Aeris* 46(or so) Judgment Staff(6*)/Regal Gown/Angel Ring/Cura(6 uses)/Curaga(8 uses)
Tyro 45(or so) Healing Grimoire/Genji Armor/?????(what accessory should he have with these abilities)/Venom Buster(2 uses)/Dark Buster(2 uses)...with 3 more lightning orbs I can hone Intimidate to 4 uses...would that be better than Dark Buster 2 uses? I think unless it uses some of the same mats(looked it up, Power Orbs...it does) as Power/Armor break.

Which one should I hone to 4 uses? Power/Armor/Intimidate. I guess Armor makes the most sense because the sooner the TRex dies the less I have to heal and take actions. Think I should keep Blind at 2 and leave intimidate out of the fight.

Is your team better than mine above?

I used the following team, which is probably less than ideal (and, frankly, I was lucky), but it did the job:
  • Cloud (50): Galbadian Sword (2*++), Crystal Helm (4*), Hyper Wrist (3*) - Fire strike (4), Blizzard Strike (4) - Front row
  • Luneth (34): Hammerhead (4*), Galbadian Armor (2*++), Hero's Ring (3*) - Dark Buster (2), Dark Attack (2) - Front row ~[I had no other good Support user]~
  • Josef (44): Runic Axe (4*), Genji Shield (5*, 20/20), Hyper Wrist (3*) - Double Cut (6), Power Break (2) - Front row
  • Linoa (46 then 47): Gravity Rod (4*), Gaia Vest (4*), Earrings (2*) - Blizzara (6), Sleep (6) - Back row
  • Aerith (50): Judgement Staff (5*, 20/20), Crystal Bangle (4*), Angel ring (3*) - Cura (8), Poison (2) - Back row
Cloud and Josef were useful to kill the trash mobs quickly (if they ever managed to land an hit before me, I would S/L - as you can guess, it took me a lot of time to just kill them because of that). Gesper were a problem though, since I didn't have Bio, but I still managed to kill them without losing a medal for actions taken (and I met 4 of them during the 3rd stage, I had to ask Linoa to cast Blizzara on them - luckily, she leveled up right after). Aerith would kill the Forbidden with Cura (or Cloud would Fire Strike them).

Once again, it bears repeating: I was lucky during my fight against the T-Rex. I had to reload 6 or 7 times before both Poison and Sleep stick, and then I was able to Sleep him again 3 more times (out of 6 uses; Sleep has a 30% success rate). And again I beat it only thanks to Poison and Aerith successfully landing Seal Evil towards the end.

Your team seems to be vastly superior to mine, so I think you probably will have an easier time than me.

I used the following team, which is probably less than ideal (and, frankly, I was lucky), but it did the job:
  • Cloud (50): Galbadian Sword (2*++), Crystal Helm (4*), Hyper Wrist (3*) - Fire strike (4), Blizzard Strike (4) - Front row
  • Luneth (34): Hammerhead (4*), Galbadian Armor (2*++), Hero's Ring (3*) - Dark Buster (2), Dark Attack (2) - Front row ~[I had no other good Support user]~
  • Josef (44): Runic Axe (4*), Genji Shield (5*, 20/20), Hyper Wrist (3*) - Double Cut (6), Power Break (2) - Front row
  • Linoa (46 then 47): Gravity Rod (4*), Gaia Vest (4*), Earrings (2*) - Blizzara (6), Sleep (6) - Back row
  • Aerith (50): Judgement Staff (5*, 20/20), Crystal Bangle (4*), Angel ring (3*) - Cura (8), Poison (2) - Back row
Cloud and Josef were useful to kill the trash mobs quickly (if they ever managed to land an hit before me, I would S/L - as you can guess, it took me a lot of time to just kill them because of that). Gesper were a problem though, since I didn't have Bio, but I still managed to kill them without losing a medal for actions taken (and I met 4 of them during the 3rd stage, I had to ask Linoa to cast Blizzara on them - luckily, she leveled up right after). Aerith would kill the Forbidden with Cura (or Cloud would Fire Strike them).

Once again, it bears repeating: I was lucky during my fight against the T-Rex. I had to reload 6 or 7 times before both Poison and Sleep stick, and then I was able to Sleep him again 3 more times (out of 6 uses; Sleep has a 30% success rate). And again I beat it only thanks to Poison and Aerith successfully landing Seal Evil towards the end.

Your team seems to be vastly superior to mine, so I think you probably will have an easier time than me.

Thanks for the feedback. Pretty ballsy going in with the team you brought.

Nohar

3rd 5 star pull ever.

Ib0WPzE.jpg

Seems this soul break is way better than seal evil from aeris. Worth it to swap aerith for lenna? Revive could be fantastic.

Lenna's regular Soul Break does the job. You don't really need a Revive (unless you mess up). It's better to keep your team alive than having to ressurect your characters.
Also I would advise you to put your image in a quote, it will rescale it.

Falk

that puzzling face
Seal Evil and Lenna's default soul break are situationally amazing (I daresay almost situationally required, even) but that's a nice item regardless. I don't think RKGAF ever came to the conclusion if reviving after death still invokes a star penalty for KO?

You should do that, and also see if it's usable on enemies lol (Phantom Train, for one)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom