• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anustart

Lenna's regular Soul Break does the job. You don't really need a Revive (unless you mess up). It's better to keep your team alive than having to ressurect your characters.
Also I would advise you to put your image in a quote, it will rescale it.

Thanks. Always forget my phone is 2560x1440 lol.

Is this staff only useless by lenna? First item like this I have, amd can't try to equip yet, I'm in the event.

Edit: description leads me to believe anyone cam use it, but lenna only for soul break?

Shahadan

I lose interest in a character when it reaches 50, and I always swap it immediately.
I'm on my last team before the dreadful crap core team ;(

I should have planned better, this is gonna hurt.

Nohar

According to reddit, when redeeming tokens the window stays where it was before the transaction. No more scrolling. Apparently it is a ninja fix. Not that I'm complaining.
Edit: Confirmed. I like those QoL surprises.
Edit²: And now an encounter against 5 Black Goblins... Never happened before.

Is anyone else getting an error when trying to connect to facebook. Does anyone know what's going on with that. I wanna connect it to fb cause I feel more comfortable using that to back up my saves then google play

Falk

that puzzling face
Edit: description leads me to believe anyone cam use it, but lenna only for soul break?

Yup, that's how all named 5*s work. In fact, you probably have a bunch of 4* quest rewards that give soul breaks to the core characters that you didn't even notice lol

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I just got 3 motor traps in a row, I didn't even know it was possible. I had it on auto and was just glancing at the screen occasionally so I didn't even notice the second one, but then at the end of the 3 rounds the counter showed 765 magicite.

Vorpal

Thought I'd been leveling Lenna ever since I got her, but it was actually White Mage the whole time. Lenna is still level 1.

w8boSpv.png

Falk

that puzzling face
I managed to get 48 Magicite off one entire stage (3 rounds, not 2+boss) of Hard Lenna event.

Someone beat that :D

Gonna make a final run at the t rex today. I used the Lenna event to hone power break, which works fantastically on the rex to nerf his attacks, but doesn't last too long. I can already kill him, but he usually wipes out 2-3 of my guys before the end. If I can extend their life a few more turns I think I'll win with enough medals to master.

Noi

Secret best perk of having the Healing staff: my healers now have a non-trivial amount of Mag. I'm lugging around the Black Mage to the Lenna event for levels and he has like 15-20 more MAG than she does, yet Lenna using Blizzara against the Human Flame does more damage than BLM using Blizzaga. Its boosted by RS I know, but its still gonna make those FF5 elites so much more manageable.

Kain

I'm liking Lenna as a healbot way more than useless Tyro. She is currently level 28 and already healing a lot more than him.

lyrick

Just leveled Rinoa out of my Party. Who should I replace her with (for FFV Event Farming)? Gordon, Lenna, maybe a Core Summoner or Black Mage?

Y43v27rl.png
iY1rQwll.png

Shouta

Ahahaha, the Japanese version is finally doing a Butz event, and it's getting the second playable villain along with him.

CRs7xQY.jpg

It's Morphin Time!

I just started that. I'm glad I finally have an FFV team to use, lol

Seal Evil and Lenna's default soul break are situationally amazing (I daresay almost situationally required, even) but that's a nice item regardless. I don't think RKGAF ever came to the conclusion if reviving after death still invokes a star penalty for KO?

You should do that, and also see if it's usable on enemies lol (Phantom Train, for one)

If your char dies, they still invoke the penalty at where you are in the game. A few months ago in the JP version, they changed it so that it only counts against you if they're dead at the end of battle. Reviving them does not get the penalty.

Nohar

@lyrick: You will want the materias from Black Mage, White Mage and Summoner, so I would suggest you to level them up. Already did that here, thanks to the Flans, so that's one less hassle to deal with.

Gordon's materia is Auto-Protect, so even if I find his usefulness questionable, it may be a good idea to level him up to 50.

If you just want to farm the event and don't really care about materias, equip Gordon or Lenna with the Killer bow. They will do the job (Lenna can OHKO most enemies as soon as she reaches level 20 with a 15/15 Killer bow; you can even equip her with a Hyper/Power Wrist).

Xetherion

@lyrick: (Lenna can OHKO most enemies as soon as she reaches level 20 with a 15/15 Killer bow; you can even equip her with a Hyper/Power Wrist).

Unless the Killer Bow's insta death procs, no she can't. My Lenna is lvl 27 with a 15/15 Killer Bow and the only enemies she can OHKO are the Goblins. Though I haven't equipped her with a Hyper Wrist, I can try that I guess.

Edit: Even with Hyper Wrist she's still unable to OHKO Crew Dust, Defeater, or Poltergeist.

Gonna make a final run at the t rex today. I used the Lenna event to hone power break, which works fantastically on the rex to nerf his attacks, but doesn't last too long. I can already kill him, but he usually wipes out 2-3 of my guys before the end. If I can extend their life a few more turns I think I'll win with enough medals to master.

I went with Power Break(4) as well. Have yet to make it to him. As I keep flubbing medals on the way. Would like 26/27 at least before I face him. Seems like you can lose 6 medals total, 30/36 and still get mastery. I'll assume I'll lose 4 medals on the last round...so that only leaves 2 lost medals on the first 3 rounds.

Hoped to try to face the Iguions too but I'm gonna run out of time if I keep flubbing up. Only 8 hours left or 160 stamina. All these stages, 7-8-9, take like 60-65 stamina each. There's just enough time to pull it off but I doubt I'll complete all 3...maybe none.

Falk

that puzzling face
Unless the Killer Bow's insta death procs, no she can't. My Lenna is lvl 27 with a 15/15 Killer Bow and the only enemies she can OHKO are the Goblins. Though I haven't equipped her with a Hyper Wrist, I can try that I guess.

I actually have a Killer Bow horror story.

1) Retaliate meta with Cloud
2) Wakka is one of my back row double cut bots
3) On Round 3/3 trash, Wakka targets Cloud, normal attack
4) Cloud's Retaliate pose wears out right before Wakka attacks
5) Wakka hits Cloud for 100, Cloud keels over

Oh, Killer Bow.

Is now a good time to pop my 50 mythril? What's the consensus on the current higher-odds gear?

The very pragmatic min-max for the next month is to wait for Vanille event (presumably in a few days) and blow it on the XIII banner. Not only is the Vanille event tricky without XIII RS gear, the next set of paintings also end with XIII elites.

But those books give great soul breaks to Tyro.

Heailng Grimoire seems like hot garbage to me - two bars for an AOE heal. Yeh, AOE heal is good, but it feels like you'd need a shit ton of set-up (meaning you need to use Tyro's turns during trash), and Tyro is pretty lackluster at dealing damage to begin with. Compared to 60% damage mitigation which is absolute everyone-is-your-new-best-friend Jesus-tier, it's like it drew the short end of the ugly stick.

Roto13

Is now a good time to pop my 50 mythril? What's the consensus on the current higher-odds gear?

The stuff on the four-weapon banner is not very versatile. Aside from the kikuichimonji, it can all only be equipped by one or two characters, and even the sword is a katana.

But those books give great soul breaks to Tyro.

Xetherion

I actually have a Killer Bow horror story.

1) Retaliate meta with Cloud
2) Wakka is one of my back row double cut bots
3) On Round 3/3 trash, Wakka targets Cloud, normal attack
4) Cloud's Retaliate pose wears out right before Wakka attacks
5) Wakka hits Cloud for 100, Cloud keels over

Oh, Killer Bow.

Lol, yeah I figured that could happen. I've had my characters get confused a few times running through this event, and i always avoid having Lenna hit them because of that proc chance. Always need to hit her right away if she gets confused.

beanman25

Rinoa get!

Little to low of a level to beat the parade float normally Everyone was 23. I doubled up on white mages, and just healed myself to oblivion.

Falk

that puzzling face
Also Retaliate WILL hit your party members if the retaliate guy is confused. Twice on potentially different targets if it's a double cut, too.

Retaliate is by far the most hilarious skill in the game. Sleep-dodging kung fu mastery, lowbie genocide, one-in-a-million Death By Killer Bow, you name it.

Vorpal

If your char dies, they still invoke the penalty at where you are in the game. A few months ago in the JP version, they changed it so that it only counts against you if they're dead at the end of battle. Reviving them does not get the penalty.

This would make Raise so much more appealing, and probably cut down on a fair amount of S/Ling too. I would love to get that update.

Falk

that puzzling face
and probably cut down on a fair amount of S/Ling too. I would love to get that update.

In practice it's not much different from taking a big hit, seeing you need to blow an action on a heal, and then savescumming anyway because action stars.

On the other hand, I think the change was a necessity with some bosses having unavoidable OHKOs. And Josef's Soul Break. God bless you Josef even though you're a red headed stepchild (the red hair is invisible except to smart people like emperor's clothes)

Vorpal

In practice it's not much different from taking a big hit, seeing you need to blow an action on a heal, and then savescumming anyway because action stars.

Fair enough. I like the change because early on I assumed that the "Damage Taken" score was based on your party's remaining health at the end of a battle. I would always try to keep everyone's health topped out because that just seemed way more logical for some reason.

Meier

The new event is hot garbage. Hopefully an actual new dungeon is coming soon...there is so much FFXII gear and still no one or nowhere to use it.

Falk

that puzzling face
Luneth, Kain and Warrior of Light can use axes off top of head.

p.s. my prediction is 16 days for actual new dungeons, including FFXII.

Locke's event (prediction 10 days away) is very similar to a set of dungeons, though.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Missed mastery on an elite that would've refilled my stamina because retaliate ran out a second before tyro OHKO'd Cloud with the killer bow. Awesome.

Vorpal

As more characters are released, at some point my party will just consist of the characters I like the most, min/maxing be damned!

A Team: Locke, Lenna, Celes, Butz, Galuf.
B Team: Terra, Edgar, Faris, Sabin, Krile (??)
C Team: Gogo x5 (pls)

Faris and Krile are nowhere to be seen though.

Let me dream

Nohar

Faris and Krile are nowhere to be seen though.
Bartz will be Freelancer.
Lenna is White Mage (and will unlock 4* Dance abilities later).
Galuf is Monk.
Faris is ??? (found an alleged sprite of her RK self as a summoner).
Krile is ???.
Gilgamesh is Gilgamesh.

So I've looked at some of the math, and I'm not sure why people are so gung ho about farming greater orbs from this event. It looks like over the long run, every single greater orb can be earned more cheaply from elite dungeons.

Xetherion

So I've looked at some of the math, and I'm not sure why people are so gung ho about farming greater orbs from this event. It looks like over the long run, every single greater orb can be earned more cheaply from elite dungeons.

The boss dropping 3 Greater Fire Orbs at once for me convinced me to run this event exclusively.

Negator

Bought:

10x Minor Summon Orb
10x Lesser Summon/Power/Black/Lightning/Fire/Ice Orb
10x Summon Orb

I'm not sure what to buy next. I going to go ahead and assume that 10x Greater Wind Orb is what everyone wants.

Falk

that puzzling face
What's better for summon orbs, 3* or 4*?

ALL OF THEM

Technically, I'm a packrat and if something can't be got anywhere else (in this case, summon orbs) I must have them.

Practically, even in the early days, farming enough orbs for Ifrit + Shiva + Syldra got me through a good chunk of the original elites pre-nerf.

Unfortunately there hasn't been an event where those are as easy to come around anymore as the Cecil event, though. 41 stam for a shot at a 4* Summon orb, with no ceiling? Heck yeah sign me up!.

Right now at 500 a pop the 3* Summon orbs are a no-brainer.

Bought:

10x Minor Summon Orb
10x Lesser Summon/Power/Black/Lightning/Fire/Ice Orb
10x Summon Orb

I'm not sure what to buy next. I going to go ahead and assume that 10x Greater Wind Orb is what everyone wants.

Quite sure cpp will back me up on this, but even with shitty streaks taken into account, at ~1350 Crystals/51 stam, Humbaba is far more efficient for pure Greater Wind Orbs with nothing else considered.

Roto13

Then you end up wasting time and stamina resetting instead of continuously gaining rewards (including tons of orbs besides whatever one you're hunting) without relying so heavily on the RNG that hates everyone.

Negator

Quite sure cpp will back me up on this, but even with shitty streaks taken into account, at ~1350 Crystals/51 stam, Humbaba is far more efficient for pure Greater Wind Orbs with nothing else considered.

There are very much other considerations to take into account though!

Getting lots of Fire/Black/Holy Orbs along the way
Guaranteeing that you will come out with at least 10x Greater Wind Orb
Levelling up lower level party members
Chance of seeing up to 3x Greater Wind/Fire orb in one run

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom