• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsmith

remember me
So they did a small fix in redeeming rewards and you no longer have to rescroll each time. Can still be improved but even this is a huge time saver.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I haven't decided how I'll tackle the rewards yet, but the less I have to see Humbaba again the better.

humbabajetsons.gif

EGM92

I haven't played in a while just enough to get all the characters from each event. I'm just wondering what's the most stamina you can get from mastering all the story related stuff currently?

I haven't played in a while just enough to get all the characters from each event. I'm just wondering what's the most stamina you can get from mastering all the story related stuff currently?

100, I believe.

Anyone know if the vit0 exploit boosts spellblade damage as well? Hoping I can abuse it and still be able to use Drain Strike to mitigate some of the healing needed.

Nohar

If you complete all Normal and Elite paintings, you will reach 100 stamina and 3 shards.

lyrick

Quite sure cpp will back me up on this, but even with shitty streaks taken into account, at ~1350 Crystals/51 stam, Humbaba is far more efficient for pure Greater Wind Orbs with nothing else considered.

Humbaba is stingy as fuck though, I'll have to see the approximate droprate on GW orbs to believe that as I've dropped entire bars of stamina on that elite battle without having anything drop.

Falk

that puzzling face
There are very much other considerations to take into account though!

Getting lots of Fire/Black/Holy Orbs along the way
Guaranteeing that you will come out with at least 10x Greater Wind Orb
Levelling up lower level party members
Chance of seeing up to 3x Greater Wind/Fire orb in one run

Yes, that's all the other stuff that wasn't considered. I mean, technically, you could treat it as an Elite dungeon with the boss dropping your 4* Wind Orb, and then savescum the drop from that instead, with everything else including the Magicite as a bonus, but we're not even sure what the rates are for those yet. (I'ver personally gotten both the 4* Wind and 3x 4* Fire to drop).

The rest doesn't do much for you if you're in abundance of them, hence, "with nothing else considered".

The other way to look at it is, say you have a fixed amount of stamina to blow on the event, and can only get a dozen 4* orbs. Considering you can't get Summon Orbs elsewhere, the best practice would be to grab those, then get any other flavor of 4* elsewhere if you still need them.

Now replace "stamina" in the above point, which is a finite value, with anything else such as "number of 3* Fire/Ice/Holy/Earth Orbs I need in foreseeable future" or "amount of runs to get levels for other people", which are also finite values.

Granted, how finite all those factors are vary from person to person, but again, it boils back to if you're already set, the event isn't anywhere near as lucrative as for people who are getting all those factors out of it. AND you were already going to be doing runs for the summon orbs anyway.

edit: And of course, I'll preemptively and freely agree with you that if you need a few more orbs for your first Bladeblitz or Quake, 4* summon orbs aren't nearly as high of a priority considering all you get is 1 shot of an AOE. Priorities, priorities.

Does the boss of Fire Crystal Awakens drop Greater Wind Orbs? I've never heard anyone mention this, but I just looked at my program and it appears people have gotten them from him?

OYmU7Ia.png

Edit: Somehow the post right above me answered this right as I posted it. lol

Got the Angel Wings. Wasted a Mythril to recharge abilities/health after wiping to TRex. Almost had him but my venom didn't take and everytime I reloaded I had 2 characters on life support going into the battle and his tail whip would kill them...no idea how I stayed alive the first time when my venom didn't catch....which is a necessity. Fight was even easier as I got defensive bonus on my "Pick a card" from Dr. Mog. Went 9/9/7/6 on TRex. Should have been 9/9/9/6 but I didn't use Braver when I had the chance to end a double skeleton quick and wasted turns and damage which probably dropped me under on both stars.

Wasted another Mythril before that during Elite 8 to hurry up the Stamina process from 0-97 after Stage 2. Currently around 40 stamina with 7 and 8 elites mastered. I'll try Elite 9 but with only 2 quakes and no Mythril for the 25% chance at getting 4...I doubt I'll win and time is running out on the event. The potential rewards are too good to pass up...considering they cost an arm and a leg from Dr. Mog.

Huh! Interestingly enough 0.12 rate for a 4* wind orb for 11 stam savescumming isn't all that bad, aside from the 40 stam leading up to it.

If you also factor in the Fire Orbs, the rate of getting either 3 greater fires or 1 greater wind is (12/3 + 6)/49 = 10/49 = 20%.

Which is about on par with what I've been seeing from full boss runs.

Yogg

Just beat the T-rex after tons of S/L'ing on the trash. Better nate than lever ! With the new event I completely forgot about Rinoa's elites, that was close. I'll try to get a few of the trash rounds around it for more summon orbs before the event ends. Not sure about the 3 last ones, but I'll try to master stages 5 and 6.

Yogg

If you also factor in the Fire Orbs, the rate of getting either 3 greater fires or 1 greater wind is (12/3 + 6)/49 = 10/49 = 20%.

Which is about on par with what I've been seeing from full boss runs.

The drawback from that is that greater fire orbs are essentially useless right now. Since we'll probably get a few 3x loots during the whole event anyway, I'm not convinced anymore about S/L'ing for them. Maybe once all the other interesting loots have been bought, for future-proofing.

edit: sorry for the double-post

The drawback from that is that greater fire orbs are essentially useless right now. Since we'll probably get a few 3x loots during the whole event anyway, I'm not convinced anymore about S/L'ing for them. Maybe once all the other interesting loots have been bought, for future-proofing.

edit: sorry for the double-post

Agree, I personally don't care much about the Greater Fire Orbs.

Xetherion

Agree, I personally don't care much about the Greater Fire Orbs.

You know, I saw a lot of people say the same thing about other 4* orbs during Aerith event... and then new abilities came out and they were all like damn, why didn't i get those Greater Earth Orbs when I had the chance?

Watch Firaja come out after this event is over.

Fuu

Just beat the T-rex after tons of S/L'ing on the trash. Better nate than lever ! With the new event I completely forgot about Rinoa's elites, that was close. I'll try to get a few of the trash rounds around it for more summon orbs before the event ends. Not sure about the 3 last ones, but I'll try to master stages 5 and 6.
The one right after the T-Rex doesn't have a boss so it shouldn't be difficult.

Yogg

The one right after the T-Rex doesn't have a boss so it shouldn't be difficult.

I just used a mythril refresh and completed it ! I'm left with Presidential Residence and Paradise Float. I don't think I'll invest in them (that would mean more refreshing stamina) since I have no idea how it would go. Apparently with a 4x quake Presidential Residence is an "easy win", but I don't know how I'll get safely past the trash. I'll probably pass on it, at least I cleared all the previous rounds before the event ends !

beanman25

So, I haven't exactly linked my account to anything I don't think, but I want to so I'm safe. Would I just hit the google button on the top left?

Vorpal

So, I haven't exactly linked my account to anything I don't think, but I want to so I'm safe. Would I just hit the google button on the top left?

Someone can correct me on this, but I don't think the "g+ Log in" backs up your account. There's actually a specific (poorly-phrased) option for it in-game if you click on "Menu" and then "Preventing Data Loss."

You know, I saw a lot of people say the same thing about other 4* orbs during Aerith event... and then new abilities came out and they were all like damn, why didn't i get those Greater Earth Orbs when I had the chance?

Watch Firaja come out after this event is over.

Yup, I was one of those people during the Aerith event because people said you could farm them easier from elite dungeons. I only farmed shards every other day instead of everyday.

Tried to farm orbs from elites after the event was over and realized the actual drop rates were not as good as people were saying.

Not making the same mistake again.

I just used a mythril refresh and completed it ! I'm left with Presidential Residence and Paradise Float. I don't think I'll invest in them (that would mean more refreshing stamina) since I have no idea how it would go. Apparently with a 4x quake Presidential Residence is an "easy win", but I don't know how I'll get safely past the trash. I'll probably pass on it, at least I cleared all the previous rounds before the event ends !

I'm with you. I give up after 8. You live another day Iguions.

elty

Trash is ok. Blizzaga for the plant, curaga for the skelly, melee the rest. I did it with 2 quake charges only so with 4 it should be a easy win.

AW HELL YES, FUCK OFF DINO.

So I prepped orbs to level up power break, got them all together, didn't have enough gil. Forgot about this, went into the dungeon anyway, save scummed my way to rex, beat him with everyone alive using a combination of retaliate, poison, 2 power breaks, and some blizzard striked boosted and def downed to 9999 damage.

Here's my party:

Here's my victory (I lost one medal scumming each of the previous rounds for actions taken):

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So I've gotten pretty lucky with the 5* pulls and have also had a few 3 and 4 star pulls that let me combine other things up to 5* equipment. Here is my current party (though I have several other lvl 50 characters)

and here is my equipment screen:

I've been playing since day 1, and haven't spent any real money on the game. I've not done any 11-pulls, only single pulls when I had enough Mythril to do so.

I'm not posting this to brag, but to encourage people that this game isn't (in my experience, at least) a bad offender of the F2P model. Of course your individual results may vary, but the game gives you enough Mythril that you can easily get enough good equipment to be able to beat the vast majority of the available content. Even if you don't have 5* equipment, you typically can get enough variety with synergy to create a viable party that can clear particular levels.

Ashodin

I mean you can totally play it F2P, but clearly everyone must spend as much money as possible to win!

Just kidding. I find the game's difficulty is most fun when you've not spent a dime.

Road

Disappointed I won't be able to complete the Rinoa event. I just got wrecked by Seifer, there's absolutely no chance I'll win. I'm not even sure if I spent mythril recovering I could do it. He's just on another level for me.

As for people who haven't beaten the solo Iguions, they're, honestly, easy if you have 4 Quake uses.

For anyone saving for 50 mythril pull, in Japan (no guarantee for the West), this was the order of banners. Vanille and Locke have already been uploaded to the Western server. I don't know if 5* chance went over 10% for any of them.

Personally, I think Lenna's weapon is a waste of luck.

If you were curious, you noticed the url pattern...

Edit: remembered something else from the thread. Greater Fire Orbs are not only used in the future for Firaja, but also Wateja, Phoenix and Bonecrusher (2.8x damage in exchange for 25% of your HP).

Beat all the rinoa elite events minus last 3 boss events. Best I can do for free without going crazy using mythril to recover stamina and abilities as my level 45 cloud with retaliate probably can't beat these bosses even if everyone double cuts him

Vorpal

There's no way I could farm enough magicite to hone Quake before the Rinoa event expires. I just made Bladeblitz, so I'm about to try Iguions again with that and 2 uses of Quake. We'll see how far that gets me.

Fuu

I'm not posting this to brag, but to encourage people that this game isn't (in my experience, at least) a bad offender of the F2P model. Of course your individual results may vary, but the game gives you enough Mythril that you can easily get enough good equipment to be able to beat the vast majority of the available content. Even if you don't have 5* equipment, you typically can get enough variety with synergy to create a viable party that can clear particular levels.
And let's reminisce this:
I just had to share this with you guys.

http://recordkeeperforum.com/threads/healing-grimoire-drop-rate-officially-broken.81/

Guy spends $1,500 to get a Healing Grimoire (or 3) but doesn't get one. Sends a bunch of support tickets and is eventually told that there's no issue and the drop rate is fine. So the guy spends another $1,500 and still doesn't get one.

If any of you had any IAP guilt, kiss it goodbye

$3.000, didn't get what he wanted. As far as I'm concerned, this game actually encourages you to not spend a dime. :p

thedan001

Anyone know how event re-issues work?

Events come back with an EX version but rewards from classics/elite aren't reset still?
Been wondering about that

Anyone from JP FFRK please chime in!

I tend to agree with this. Getting Five-Star gear is great, but you can pretty much do most/all of the game with what your Mythril provides, one way or the other. And if you DO get stuck? Go back to it later with new characters or items, wait for the level cap increase, etc.

My only complaint is that I would LIKE to spend money on the game, but the pricing model is not so good. $32 to get an Eleven-in-One pull is pretty nutty, in my opinion. I will definitely drop a little bit, just as a "developer's tip," if they ever do a sale or price cut on Gems (which I believe they have in Japan, so it's just a matter of time?).

Also, cash should just get you Mythril. What's the point of having two currencies? They would probably get a good number of impulse buys if say, somebody was at forty Mythirl and just wanted to top off for an Eleven-in-One.

Oh, and the items for each realm could be a little more even (FF XII, haha).

Anyone know how event re-issues work?

Events come back with an EX version but rewards from classics/elite aren't reset still?
Been wondering about that

Anyone from JP FFRK please chime in!
I think events don't repeat exactly. There are just new events (for the same character, say) that are similar.

Got tired of S/Ling on Iguions on the last Rinoa battle and it was looking like I'd need 2 mythril to master it so I quit on it. Thankfully the rewards aren't that good being that I'll likely never use the ring and don't have enough of those summon orbs already to make use of the ones from the event. I look forward to seeing how easy it'll be when it pops back up and we've got RS gear, record materia and lvl 65 characters.

Road

Got tired of S/Ling on Iguions on the last Rinoa battle and it was looking like I'd need 2 mythril to master it so I quit on it. Thankfully the rewards aren't that good being that I'll likely never use the ring and don't have enough of those summon orbs already to make use of the ones from the event. I look forward to seeing how easy it'll be when it pops back up and we've got RS gear, record materia and lvl 65 characters.

More importantly: Honed abilities. If I had 20 Biora I might have been able to beat Seifer. lol

thedan001

I didn't have too much trouble with rinoa event in elite's but I stopped after presidential residence because seifer scares me

I only had lv1 Bio for mastery in dungeon elites but I should've made an attempt at least, now I won't know if I coulda win mastery or not

I beat 2x iguanas with mastery on my first try without any mithrils and r1 quake right before event expired, I used retaliate meta with tyro sentinel book and rinoa's valkyrie

Wazzy

Banned
I did a bit of upgrade dailies so I could combine some equipment. I have 4 Genji shields so I'm thinking I'll combine two of them.
For anyone saving for 50 mythril pull, in Japan (no guarantee for the West), this was the order of banners. Vanille and Locke have already been uploaded to the Western server. I don't know if 5* chance went over 10% for any of them.

If you were curious, you noticed the url pattern...

Edit: remembered something else from the thread. Greater Fire Orbs are not only used in the future for Firaja, but also Wateja, Phoenix and Bonecrusher (2.8x damage in exchange for 25% of your HP).
Unffff at Gunblade. It's going to be hard holding off if there is that many brackets before Squall but it will hopefully be worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom