• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the japanese version offers this sorting option?
I *think* I read that it does.

Even if it doesn't, the Japanese app is apparently so far ahead of us in Quality of Life improvements and it's berserk that we don't have that, given that the content is not tied to the app version. We should have the newest app version while still being behind in content.

Square-Enix gonna Sqaure-Enix (or is it DeNA gonna DeNA?).

All The Bravest also a far better Gatcha in the form that $35 got you every character you could get... yeah it was random who'd show up in battle but you couldn't pay literally $1000s of dollars to not get the thing you want.

I got my Blitzblade and Quake. I don't think I'll be returning to Dr Mog for a while

Off to finish the elites. Done I, II, III and VIII. XIII is next. I shudder to face the V ones...! Why are the V elites always the toughest?

Razmos

Yay!
cc074f82363a322eb7af0477c72c064f.png

Bladeblitz upgraded to 4 uses and soon Quake too.

Got a nice Greater Wind Orb from the boss today as well as my second set of 3 Greater Fire. Though he can be an absolute bastard with his counters and AoE.

Falk

that puzzling face
Sounds like the first one.

Seems to be a theme with Final Fantasy where the first boss has a counter attack mode

ATTACK WHILE IT'S TAIL'S UP!

Bladeblitz upgraded to 4 uses and soon Quake too.

Got a nice Greater Wind Orb from the boss today as well as my second set of 3 Greater Fire. Though he can be an absolute bastard with his counters and AoE.

Only attack with 2 people. Have your mage attack during human and tornado forms with your strongest ice magic, have a melee fighter attack him in hand form. Everyone else should be on defense/healing since this greatly minimizes counter attacks. Always have him dead within 3 casts (blizzaga hitting for 9k with level 35ish Terra)

Spend my first... 5 Mythril (out of 116) on 1 Relic draw just to see what I can get.

Got a 4* Dagger which... happened to be 3x upgrade for Kain, YASSS. Now he hits stronger than Cloud and the weapon (Cat Claws) is not even maxed yet!

Who drops Lesser Wind Orbs so I can hone Double Cut? Bought 10 from Mog but I still need 20 more...

Wazzy

Banned
I'm now just grinding Magicite and deciding what to spend it on later. I'm probably going to aim for Bladeblitz first still since I only need 3 more Greater Wind orbs. I'm at 10,900 Magicite but only reason I'm holding off on buying the 3 orbs is because I can probably just get the drop from the boss instead.

Nohar

Current plan here is to buy all the Greater Orbs necessary to hone Quake, then all Summoning orbs. I'll ponder what to buy after that (probably Lightning orbs).

Vorpal

Current plan here is to buy all the Greater Orbs necessary to hone Quake, then all Summoning orbs. I'll ponder what to buy after that (probably Lightning orbs).

That's pretty much my plan too. I started by grabbing two of the Greater Summoning Orbs this morning. I'm stuck trying to decide whether my purchases afterward should work towards making Protectga or one of the Breakdowns.

Yeah I'm done with moblitz elite for now, done it almost 10 times and no greater wind drops

I started running Moblitz only once or twice a day (instead of devoting full bars of stamina) and I found it to be way less frustrating. If an orb dropped, I'd run it again. If an orb didn't drop, I'd do literally anything else. One day I got two orb drops in a row and felt hella lucky, but when nothing dropped on the third go it was just back to business as usual

Razmos

So the reward for getting 250,000 memories in the Vanille event is Thundaja right? Does that mean Thundaja becomes available to create when that event comes around, or is it only available as a reward?

Roto13

So the reward for getting 250,000 memories in the Vanille event is Thundaja right? Does that mean Thundaja becomes available to create when that event comes around, or is it only available as a reward?

Oh god

Oh god oh god oh god I'm going to have to retreat a million times again aren't I?

Does it go far before you can identify which one you're on?
You can see the routes here.

But an important note is that unlike the Celes event, once you start a route, you won't get the memories/tokens/whatever in this event unless you finish the entire round. So the term "Survival Event" makes a lot more sense this time around.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I think this event is pretty great, I'll keep at it until it's gone. I'm just replaying hard normally and my B characters are getting decent XP while I'm getting good orb drops and a reasonable amount of magicite for the rewards. Totally beats retrying crap elsewhere until I waste all of my stamina with nothing to show for it.

I think this event is pretty great, I'll keep at it until it's gone. I'm just replaying hard normally and my B characters are getting decent XP while I'm getting good orb drops and a reasonable amount of magicite for the rewards. Totally beats retrying crap elsewhere until I waste all of my stamina with nothing to show for it.
Yeah, the guaranteed rewards with almost no effort are a nice change from abusing the airplane trick endlessly just hoping for that one drop to appear, even if it's not necessarily as stamina efficient.

I'm worried I'm going to get behind on dungeons so I'm probably going to run this until i have all the 3* and 4* summon orbs, as well as the major / greater growth eggs (which i plan to hold on to for Vanille), then go back to clearing elites

Falk

that puzzling face
Wow, looking at some numbers off videos on YouTube, I'm not sure consistently farming Heroic Vanille event is even possible without some Wazzy-level XIII gacha luck, or savescumming each stage till you're blue in the face, or blowing 1 Mythril per run to refresh charges.

45 runs of Hard at 52 stam each seems doable within the event's time period though, IF you don't mind overlapping into Locke event a bit.

We'll see D:

Vorpal

This might be old news, but I just realized that Valor Minuet stacks with Boost!

Cloud attack (Retaliate) against Liquid Flame: ~2100
Cloud + Boost: ~3000
Cloud + Boost + Valor Minuet: ~3700

Numbers aren't exact, but I thought it was neat anyway.

Wow, looking at some numbers off videos on YouTube, I'm not sure consistently farming Heroic Vanille event is even possible without some Wazzy-level XIII gacha luck, or savescumming each stage till you're blue in the face, or blowing 1 Mythril per run to refresh charges.

45 runs of Hard at 52 stam each seems doable within the event's time period though, IF you don't mind overlapping into Locke event a bit.

We'll see D:

I haven't watched any videos, but the description i saw on reddit made it seem not to bad, especially if you have lots of water spells

Falk

that puzzling face
I haven't watched any videos, but the description i saw on reddit made it seem not to bad, especially if you have lots of water spells

Which, conveniently enough, you get from doing Lenna event nonstop (fire/ice orbs)

HMMMMMM :|

But no, even if you have 8 shots of each, that means you're limited to one cast per round.

I guess retaliate meta might carry, but again that does go back to a lot of savescumming to save HP each round.

Roto13

We'll see D:

Which means we'll have to stop farming the Lenna event at some point.

Falk

that puzzling face
I got a shit ton of orbs but I'm not using them yet. If my hunch is right, and the fact that Thundaja is one of the rewards means new spells, we might possibly be getting more useful things like Thundara Strike/Watera Strike/Watera/etc. Who knows.

thedan001

Lenna's event didn't seem very rewarding, so I'm gonna pick up a few things, and maybe the summon and major orbs then move on

I really wish they released Lenna's before Rinoa's now unless they push Vanille's event for later after Lenna expires

Let's see how DeNA rolls things out, but overall I am enjoying the game (being super lucky with gatcha so far)
complaining about rng on neogaf really works!

I picked up all the 3* summon orbs and 2 4*s. Thinking about skipping the rest and grabbing all the grow eggs. 1 major, 2 greaters, and a bunch of regulars should be able to get Vanille and Snow pretty close to 50, and having 2 RS characters at high level should really help with the elite Vanille event.

Yogg

Are we sure about Vanille event being next ? Overlapping 2 farming events is weird. Since they inverted Rinoa and Lenna events on global, maybe they'll switch events again ?

Razmos

Oh god

Oh god oh god oh god I'm going to have to retreat a million times again aren't I?
According to this site
Preparations

Average tokens per loop:
Easy – 200
Normal – 800
Hard – 6000
Elite – 25000

It takes about 10 rounds on Elite to complete 250k to acquire Thundaja. However, you need your team to be equipping full FF13 gear to attempt the Elite mode. Going on the safer hard route takes about 42 laps.
Unlike the Celes event, you must complete the whole dungeon cycle to keep the tokens.

The rewards for the event seem pretty good though, especially the free Thundaga.
Shame that it doesn't seem to drop any XIII equipment though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom