• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally was able to beat Hard Fire Event for the first time. Kain got gutted long before the boss fight so it was an interesting challenge. Used all of my abilities. IMO it was not worth it (for now) and I will stick to Normal+ Fire Event for some more time. I need 19 000 Magicite for Quake :|

This game is fucking great, yall.

Cannot wait to see what DeNA + Nintendo cook up together for iOS. I can imagine something like SUPER MARIO RPG with gacha and very similiar to FF RK.

Razmos

The Kilika Forest (X) dungeon makes me cry. Having to beat Ochu was painful enough (it has truckloads of HP, hits really hard, inflicts status effects, seems to have a hard on for killing my healer as soon as possible) but then to have to fight the Sinspawn too afterwards, it's just nasty. especially since it uses an attack on the entire party every turn, and the 2 tentacles are constantly attacking too, and they have just enough health to be annoying (takes like 6 or 7 turns to beat with normal attacks).

FFX item synergy would really help here :(

Nohar

Finally was able to beat Hard Fire Event for the first time. Kain got gutted long before the boss fight so it was an interesting challenge. Used all of my abilities. IMO it was not worth it (for now) and I will stick to Normal+ Fire Event for some more time. I need 19 000 Magicite for Quake :|

This game is fucking great, yall.

Cannot wait to see what DeNA + Nintendo cook up together for iOS. I can imagine something like SUPER MARIO RPG with gacha and very similiar to FF RK.

Yeaaah... Great is a big word. I like the game for its nostalgia effect: reliving boss battles and battling with sprites of FF characters has its appeal. But it is still a Freemium game, something which I dislike fondamentaly. We can't play as much as we want because of a Stamina system, it is grindy as hell, downright unfair at times (and we are lucky to have all the information we have now since we are playing the Global version), and there are mecanisms to push us to spend money. I never spent any money for this kind of game, and I never will: the very nature of this game is flawed, and while it is entirely possible to not spend a single dollar/euro in it, I always keep in mind that the game is still designed the way it is, and I don't look forward seeing similar games (actually, more games, since they are already legions) released in the future.

duckroll

Finally playing FFXIII dungeons. The music is so good, but the sprites are kinda poop! The models definitely don't translate well to sprites. FFVIII was the best 3D -> sprites effort so far imo!

Red Mage

Finally playing FFXIII dungeons. The music is so good, but the sprites are kinda poop! The models definitely don't translate well to sprites. FFVIII was the best 3D -> sprites effort so far imo!

Well, the designs were kinda crap to begin with. = P

I wonder how IX's sprites will look.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Anyone knows how often the Item Keeper database is updated? It's still missing Balamb Garden Uniform and the Blitz Sword.

Blitz sword was a god send during the Rinoa event. Cloud made mincemeat of the Trex with that sword.
Too bad you got it after the event.

Might have helped. I mastered TRex and beat the Iguions as I have the Buster Sword.

Celes(level 49 at the moment) will get the Blitz Sword as she's the only one else I have up around 50 that is a Sword user(been using Terra as a caster and will stay that way). With the Blitz I'll toss Cyan (who's at 50) and his 4 star dagger to my bench as Celes will be dealing more damage(almost there now un-upgraded) once I upgrade the sword.

Falk

that puzzling face

You think so? I think the bosses were pretty ace.

The regular mob selection right now does leave something to be desired though - all Cie'th and PSICOM grunts.

Bring on Pulse bestiary.

Anyone knows how often the Item Keeper database is updated? It's still missing Balamb Garden Uniform and the Blitz Sword.

https://www.reddit.com/user/dammitdame

He's gone off the face of the planet since 18 days ago, which made me drop Item Keeper altogether. If he's disappeared once, even if he comes back he might just do it again at random, and unless he's willing to open out db entry to a group of people, I'd rather not deal with the RNG of the site being updated or not. Enough RNG to deal with w.r.t. the game already.

Might have helped. I mastered TRex and beat the Iguions as I have the Buster Sword.

Celes(level 49 at the moment) will get the Blitz Sword as she's the only one else I have up around 50 that is a Sword user(been using Terra as a caster and will stay that way). With the Blitz I'll toss Cyan (who's at 50) and his 4 star dagger to my bench as Celes will be dealing more damage(almost there now un-upgraded) once I upgrade the sword.

Oi, not to mention Thunder/Water strikes for upcoming event.

Well, the designs were kinda crap to begin with. = P

I wonder how IX's sprites will look.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Final_Fantasy_Record_Keeper_Enemy_Images If you wanna spoil yourself silly.

FFRK_Beatrix_FFIX.png

Balphon

The Kilika Forest (X) dungeon makes me cry. Having to beat Ochu was painful enough (it has truckloads of HP, hits really hard, inflicts status effects, seems to have a hard on for killing my healer as soon as possible) but then to have to fight the Sinspawn too afterwards, it's just nasty. especially since it uses an attack on the entire party every turn, and the 2 tentacles are constantly attacking too, and they have just enough health to be annoying (takes like 6 or 7 turns to beat with normal attacks).

FFX item synergy would really help here :(

You are best off not bothering with the tentacles, the boss hits too hard. Also, like most of the bosses in this set of paintings, he is not immune to paralyze, so you can try that if you have intimidate (or an inordinate amount of faith in blade bash).

With my Blitz Sword pick-up my A-team is now

My main party will be
Cloud(50) Buster/Genji Armor/Hyper Wrist
Celes(49) Bltz/Balamb Garden Uniform/Hyper Wrist
Terra(50) Light Rod/Gaia Vest(or Hypno Crown)/Angel Wings
White Mage(48)/Aeris(46) Judgment Staff/White Gown/Angel Ring
Tyro(46) Healing Grimoire/Genji Armor/that attack and magic ring

I really need a better caster item than the Light Rod.

On the bench I have Cyan(50), Kain(41). Don't have any good weapons for those two just the Swordbreaker(4 star) dagger which isn't as great as it used to be. Then I have Rydia(35), Rinoa(31), Lenna(25), Wakka(24). Those 4 and Celes are clearing hard mode currently on the V event. The rest of my team is below 20...should save up for exp eggs.

Closing in on getting Intimidate honed. Then after tomorrow when I get my Blitz sword leveled I might give the 3 remaining X elites a shot with the A-team above. With all my V gear(Hypno Crown, 2 Genji Armor, 6 star Judgment staff, Angel Ring)....I might give FFV a shot if all goes well at X.

Falk

that puzzling face
Man, saying you need a better caster item when you have 4 other 5* weapons will have half of RKGAF lining up to tear you a new one lol

Red Mage

With my Blitz Sword pick-up my A-team is now

My main party will be
Cloud(50) Buster/Genji Armor/Hyper Wrist
Celes(49) Bltz/Balamb Garden Uniform/Hyper Wrist
Terra(50) Light Rod/Gaia Vest(or Hypno Crown)/Angel Wings
White Mage(48)/Aeris(46) Judgment Staff/White Gown/Angel Ring
Tyro(46) Healing Grimoire/Genji Armor/that attack and magic ring

I really need a better caster item than the Light Rod.

...so, you are wanting to rub this in, eh?

Falk

that puzzling face
Realistically people who have been playing from the start should have amassed about close to 200 Mythril now (possibly more?) Assuming 4 11-pulls, most people should have, for 44 rolls at 10% each, between 2 and 6 5-star items.

Of course, it's not super rare to see people skewing the bell curve on either side.

Realistically people who have been playing from the start should have amassed about close to 200 Mythril now (possibly more?) Assuming 4 11-pulls, most people should have, for 44 rolls at 10% each, between 2 and 6 5-star items.

Of course, it's not super rare to see people skewing the bell curve on either side.

I started when the Aeris event was going on and shortly thereafter Terra. Just over a month. Think there was some free mythril for a 5-day period or something in mid-April. I missed that plus all the 5 days up til that point.

Guess I'm on top of the curve as I've rolled nine 5's and created one more, Mythril Mail(VI). I only have 1 mythril left and there's none to be gotten in the near future besides the one every 5 days(just 7 left up on the board in X and V) as I've gotten all the heroic ones now too.

Jyrii

Banned
Any tips for Odin on elite?

I tried using four pretty high dmg melee characters and Rydia with Kirin and Biora, but I still can't beat the doom timer.

Yeah, same as me. I tried again this morning and it was just a waste of stamina. My team and Odin just get into a stalemate situation where he's not hurting me and I'm not doing enough against him...so im just watching that timer run down.....

I tried using four pretty high dmg melee characters and Rydia with Kirin and Biora, but I still can't beat the doom timer.

I used armor break and even my healer had a damage spell to nuke when possible, although I also used power break so my healer could cast spell damage more often. He has like 100k hp.

elty

You can always use retaliation, but I was able to beat it with 11 seconds left without using retaliate. It helps a lot if you have a 9999 damage limit break. I ran 3 melee,1 healer and 1 mage.

Also boost your attacker with 5* weapon.

Falk

that puzzling face
p.s. case in point as to why waiting for the XIII banner is a good idea. The next batch of paintings take off where XIII left of in terms of difficulty, then end with even harder XIII paintings.

Thankfully Vanille will also be present to lay down the smack if nothing else.

Jyrii

Banned
I used armor break and even my healer had a damage spell to nuke when possible, although I also used power break so my healer could cast spell damage more often. He has like 100k hp.

I did use armor/power break and I am not using a healer at all, Rydia just has Kirin for party regen.

You can always use retaliation, but I was able to beat it with 11 seconds left without using retaliate. It helps a lot if you have a 9999 damage limit break.

Guess I have to go for the retaliation route. I do not have any 9999 limit breaks.

Here's what I did for odin:

Cloud with retaliate and drain strike, best sword and best helm
Aeris with curaga and boost
Karin with jump and armor break
Two chars with double cut and busters

Jump will buy you a few seconds for a final kain attack.

*grinds Moblitz Elite 15 times, gets no Greater Wind Orb*

*does Wind Shrine Elite once for completion, gets Greater Wind Orb*

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

When are we scheduled for some new weapon drops that aren't from the same 3-4 games? I have only a handful of weapons from any games that aren't FFIV-VII.

Road

From dungeon mobs? I don't think anytime soon...

Yes, sadly.

We already have all 1* weapons Japan has and we`re only missing five 2* equipment (2 hats, 1 gun, 1 bracer and 1 light armor).

Unless monsters start dropping 3* or 4* equipment, the only options for synergy gear for I, VII, VIII, X and XIII are generous event rewards or relic draws.

They have to push people towards spending money some way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom