• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Negator

FFV really has my least favorite battle theme. It's just so bland and uninspired.

I think the problem is that you are hearing it more frequently than you usually would normally. it can become grating when you don't have as much different music to put in between the battle music.

Noooo

I forgot to bring thundara to baron elite (I've done very few elites lol) and ended up getting only a novice on Cagnazzo :'(

Cagnazzo is still way easier then Bagann

Falk

that puzzling face
Now we're gonna have two grindy events going at the same time. I don't know how I feel about that...

Isn't that a blessing in disguise?

Now instead of having 20 days of forcing yourself to grind, you only have 16 due to the 4-day overlap.

Still debating whether to use my 26k magicite on growth eggs for Vanille or greater orbs. I know orbs will help more in the long run, but having 2 characters at high level with record synergy will help a ton for elite

Isn't that a blessing in disguise?

Now instead of having 20 days of forcing yourself to grind, you only have 16 due to the 4-day overlap.
I don't only grind during these events, but I like to have more freedom to choose what to do without worrying about missing out on stuff.

Same. :( I'm now gonna have to decide my Magicite spending since I'll probably switch over to Vanille event tomorrow.
At least the Magicite redemption is extended a few days past the event's end date. But I wanted to get in a few more days of grinding for this event first, and now I don't know if I'll be able to. :/

Thank god one of my secondary goals of getting snow to level 40 is complete. I'm annoyed that I haven't gotten enough orbs for magic breakdown. I think my next 10k will go for the egg so vanille is up and running ASAP to get back to magicite farming for a few more days. Wonder what if any abilities will unlock here. Save you orbs too tomorrow.

thedan001

Vanille's event isn't magicite farming but still grindy similar to Celes' event

My strategy is to clear each stage mode in Vanille event to unlock her and use eggs on her

then put Vanille in my party to farm more magicite in Lenna's event and gauge how long it will take to get last reward from Vanille event before it expires

Vanille's 5* weapon any good? I'm saving mythrils for Red XIII unless I see other good options to try pull from

oni_saru

Been busy and haven't been playing the Lenna event much. Now i find out there's a FFXIII event about to start ;~; i can't keep up with these events!!!

Haven't even started the story events they recently updated ><

New dungeons with the new event. Am i reading this right?

No.
i5al7K3l.jpg

It's telling you to get ready for this by completing the dungeons already released and unlocking the current roster.

Flambe

Ugh need more time with Fire Crystal. At this point should we just focus on those 5* orbs if we haven't gotten them already or will there be an easier way to get them down the road -_- I kinda wanna go for the exp eggs for snow/vanille now.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I wouldn't mind the overlap if it wasn't another grindy one. Hopefully it won't wreck my reward plans too much.

https://www.reddit.com/user/dammitdame

He's gone off the face of the planet since 18 days ago, which made me drop Item Keeper altogether. If he's disappeared once, even if he comes back he might just do it again at random, and unless he's willing to open out db entry to a group of people, I'd rather not deal with the RNG of the site being updated or not. Enough RNG to deal with w.r.t. the game already.
That's a shame. ;( Thanks for the info, Falk.

Kaiterra

Banned
"FFXIII characters and equipment pack extra punch in the ongoing FFXIII The Pulse Fal'Cie event! Be prepared!" WHAT FFXIII EQUIPMENT

Doing enough to get Vanille and then I'll dip. The Survival event format is the worst.

By my calculation if you can beat the heroic orb dungeons Lenna's event is not worth it unless there's something you really need.

Heroics drop roughly 30 3* orbs for 135 stamina.
For the dropped orbs and those that you can purchase at 3* in Lenna's you'll get around 20 3* orbs(purchased and picked up from drops) from three trips through hard or 153 stamina.

Lenna's event is good for some hard to acquire items through purchase(Greater Earth Orbs anyone????), but otherwise it is not very effective if you can do the heroic dungeons.

Lenna's event is quite easy though, even on hard, so leveling up some lower tier characters is nice in there but otherwise I think I'll be focusing on the new event only returning to Lenna to get some Exp. Orbs or perhaps some summon orbs.

Kaiterra

Banned
By my calculation if you can beat the heroic orb dungeons Lenna's event is not worth it unless there's something you really need.

I'm running it for the Growth Eggs so I can level Summoner/Black Mage/White Mage in preparation for their Record Materia to drop without worrying about the fact they're made out of tissue paper. And got enough Summon Orbs to hone Shiva and Dragon.

I only have Armor/Magic/Power Break at ranks 1/1/2, respectively. I think that's going to kill any chance I have of clearing this event on Elite. I can bump Armor or Magic to 2 by buying all of the Power Orbs from the Lenna event, but I feel like to have a chance at Elite you'd need to have all 3 breaks at rank 3 or higher.

I should be able to get Vanille to around level 40 with a Major Growth Egg and 10 Greater Growth Eggs, so her and snow being 40+ will help, but still. these bosses soundl ike they hit really hard, and most of the damage is magic damage, so only on Behemoth will Protectga be useful.

Snow get. Now maybe I should level him up a some now.

I'm mad the XIII scenario goes from Hanging Edge to Lake Bresha robbing me of hearing my favorite boss theme from there Test of the L'Cie for the time being

petmis

Some people are having bad luck with pulls. I've done 3 11 pulls so far and got Judgment Staff twice, Danjuro, Zantetsuken, Blitz Sword, Hammerhead, and Official Ball. Maybe you don't get one on the first draw but it's not really that bad. Also, there's no reason to pay money for gems.

Debating whos worth swapping grimoire guy out for? rest of the team is ff7 squad and wakka?
Got enough swords and a 4 star dagger/axe so could go back to kain i guess

Edit: just saw the last page. Hmm

Falk

that puzzling face
Heh, speaking of VIT0 affecting bosses that change stances/stats, I JUST put two and two together and figured out it's why this happened.

Fuu

If I were to get only one of the Major orbs from the Lenna event, which would be more useful in the short term? White, Ice or Holy?

Falk

that puzzling face
So what's the requirement you mention in the Locke Elite event?

In a nutshell

Last boss has a beserk mode at low HP, but if you cast reflect he'll waste his turn dispelling instead

MythrilMythrilMythrilMythrilMythrilMythrilMythrilMythrilMythril

Yo don't forget 1 more whole Mythril for 50k likes on facebook rofl

[Fugo]

Got 10 Greater Summon Orbs, I'm undecided on who to spend them. I'm leaning towards Maduin since he's non elemental AND the closest one to get (only 2 Gr Non-El left), though I know that elemental summons are going to do more damage against monsters with specific weakness. Decisions, decisions

Falk

that puzzling face
With summon orbs (and any other limited commodity) I'd honestly wait till you get brick walled before spending.

Fuu

Yeah, I only have Shiva and now that Terra snatched Rydia's caster place in my A-team I'm probably not gonna create any more summons for a while.

That list of which summons come as rewards made me decide to keep my summon orbs for honing instead of creating, unless there's a need for a specific one.

Falk

that puzzling face
zs94gXl.jpg

So RK nostalgia got the better of me and I started (again) FFIV Steam on Big Picture. Then I got to Underground Waterway (again) and remembered how much of a slog it was.

image.php

I'm really liking Lenna, so I bought FFV on android.
Screw the gatcha, this how Squeenix is getting money from me.
FFIV last month and I'm super tempted to get VIII for my Vita too...:(

Fuu

I bought VI on the sale and I've been replaying it, the new look actually grows on you after a while on the mobile screen.

I beat IV for the first time semi-recently (iOS), really enjoyed it (use a guide for missable augments!). Never played V, I'll have to rectify that in the future.

Roto13

New mythril party is 14 days, not 10. Ridonkulus.

I started replaying V because of this game but I abandoned it pretty quick. :p Maybe I'm not actually in the mood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom