• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stider

Is anyone else having issues using growth eggs? Just recruited Sephiroth and trying to boost him a bit but it won't let me use the eggs on him or anyone else.

mstevens

What were peoples levels when you finished getting Sephiroth? I was going to take a few days to train up to 30, but if people are doing it in the mid 20s I might try to get there by tomorrow.

I have Thundara and Thunder (with 8 shots) already. Levels are between 22-25.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
What were peoples levels when you finished getting Sephiroth? I was going to take a few days to train up to 30, but if people are doing it in the mid 20s I might try to get there by tomorrow.

I have Thundara and Thunder (with 8 shots) already. Levels are between 22-25.

32, 31, 31, 31, 18 when I beat it.

SougoXIII

Wow, RNG just loves to crap on me. Rufus crit'ed one one my backrow right at the start and none of my Dark attack blinded him... I still got Sephiroth but now I have to run it all over again for the Protect ring -_-

Got some luck today:
CBi_dcNUIAAUXf4.jpg
CBi_eDRUoAA8bi0.jpg

MicH

Got Sephiroth too! That Battle wasn't even a challenge! (I did manage to blind him though). Super happy to have gotten him.

Yaari

Did you guys who got Sephiroth, use Blind at all? I might just skip that then. I can get Black Mage in for that level who is around 27 in my team or something, I'll just load them all up with Thunder magic.

Stider

Did you guys who got Sephiroth, use Blind at all? I might just skip that then. I can get Black Mage in for that level who is around 27 in my team or something, I'll just load them all up with Thunder magic.

I didn't bother with dark attack. Of course, most of my party are in the mid 30's so that made it easier. 9999 damage Braver ftw!

JNA

Banned

I didn't have enough to make dark Attack so no. I just winged it with Cloud, Kain, Tidus, Rydia and Tyro. Loaded Rydia with Thundra and Thunder, Tyro as healer, and just damage away with the others.

Also the FFVII 2 star protect armor is very powerful here when upgraded a bit. More powerful than all my 3 star armor. Helped a lot.

My party levels were around lv 23 or lv 24.

Bisonian

Is anyone else having issues using growth eggs? Just recruited Sephiroth and trying to boost him a bit but it won't let me use the eggs on him or anyone else.

Are you in the middle of a mission when you try to use them? Just guessing but a lot of party stuff errors out if they are "out on combat"

TheExodu5

Banned
I keep doing the Normal daily but I'm constantly getting 3* orbs. I'm getting at least 1 per run. 1 run, I got a 3* of each type of orb. All I want is 2* power orbs but they're not dropping. :(

garath

I'm in the 55-60 block right now. This is the first flying boss right? Oops. I didn't bring any of my prep at all. I do have thudara and wakka but no Kain or harp on tyro. Guess we'll see how it goes I'm in the second to last level in the block.

elty

60th floor boss somehow one shot my Rydia so now I need to spend 50 stamina again for the stupid master.

mstevens

I was already liking this game, but this event really makes it shine. I love the limited time of the event that kinda makes some tangible goals and forces you to plan. Love the way the synergies and abilities work into it. I also love that I decided to level up the Ranger (which I never would have done) or even used a harp as a strategy to deal with what they're throwing at me with those ranged bosses.

This section of the Shinra building I'm currently on (I think 35-40) is giving me 2 more lesser lightning orbs, so I should be able to upgrade my Thundara and have 4 of those and 8 Thunder to throw at those flying bastards.

Stider

Are you in the middle of a mission when you try to use them? Just guessing but a lot of party stuff errors out if they are "out on combat"

Not in mission, can't use them on people in or out of party. I do get a bit of a graphics glitch when I try to use them. The right-hand edge of the box for the egg glitches when I try to increase the amount used.

Low 20s in level, 40 stamina. Where am I to grind exp most efficiently? Dungeon with two members getting bonus exp and then switching to another with the bonus? Not concerned with drops, just the exp per stamina return.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Sweet, got Sephiroth. Not as difficult as I thought. Almost lost Rydia against the copter, which would've been disastrous, but got a Cure in just in time. Rufus was pretty cake once he was blinded.

Sephiroth can use Black Magic, which is neat. And Samurai skills, of which there aren't any yet afaik.

Are there any samurai skills yet?

JNA

Banned
Sweet, got Sephiroth. Not as difficult as I thought. Almost lost Rydia against the copter, which would've been disastrous, but got a Cure in just in time. Rufus was pretty cake once he was blinded.

Sephiroth can use Black Magic, which is neat. And Samurai skills, of which there aren't any yet afaik.

Hopefully by next update we get Samuari skills.

Just checked Attack rankings and apparently Sephiroth is now the highest. And Tifa third.

Sooooo anyone else starting to feel like they will never pull a 5 stars relic? I am getting sick to see the white ball coming up... I know that I should eventually get one, but it would be encouraging after all the effort I put in. The fun I get is the greatest reward but I would still appreciate something neat in my inventory.

XJF

I'm having difficulty with the first boss after you get Tifa in the ShinRa Tower. Main party around 17. Any particular strategy you guys remember? Forgot name of monster.

JNA

Banned
Just started playing, so much damn text at the beginning. I can't remember half the stuff it told me.

Don't stress over it. It's pretty much,

"Hey guy!"
"Yeah?"
"Paintings are messed up! Go inside and fix it!"
"Oh...ok."
"Yeah and take whatever FF character with you."
"TIFA! COME TO ME MY WAIFU!"

:p

60th floor boss somehow one shot my Rydia so now I need to spend 50 stamina again for the stupid master.

In such a situation (at least on Android) if a battle has some bad rng, you can trick the game to restart the battle/round. Just leave the game during the battle and kill it in the taskmanager. When you restart the game, you will be able to restart at the beginning of the round you left the game. ;-)

JNA

Banned
Sephiroth really damn good despite being underlevled in my current group.

Never thought I would actually play a FF game with him and Cloud teaming up. XD

Does anyone else face this? My growth eggs are not working. The screen go dark and noting works outside of clear selection. I have 17 small ones now and can't use them.....

Roto13

Getting pretty close to the end of the Shinra event, but the floor I'm at now has five rooms that cost 10 points each. I can only hold 40. :p How many flying bosses are there and where are they? My ranger is level 20 now but he's still doing shit damage.
Sooooo anyone else starting to feel like they will never pull a 5 stars relic? I am getting sick to see the white ball coming up... I know that I should eventually get one, but it would be encouraging after all the effort I put in. The fun I get is the greatest reward but I would still appreciate something neat in my inventory.

One of my first relics was a five star Judgment Staff from FFV.

Colby

Quick refresher: the flying bosses are on floors...?

Also, I read that there's a 50 mythril to get 10+1 bonus pull from the gacha mechanic. Is there a reason you guys aren't waiting to farm up those 50 mythril?

Stider

Also, I read that there's a 50 mythril to get 10+1 bonus pull from the gacha mechanic. Is there a reason you guys aren't waiting to farm up those 50 mythril?

Floors 60 and 65

Tobinishi

I currently have Hero-Tidus-Cloud-Kain-Rydia as my main-party. Should i swap one of them out for Warrior, Black Mage, White Mage, Tifa or Wakka?

Absolutely in love with this game, I can see me putting lot of hours into it.

Because there is harder content right now and a limited number of mythril available, if I waited till 50 I would not have drawn ANY items at this point, including in clearing all of classic mode.

I currently have Hero-Tidus-Cloud-Kain-Rydia as my main-party. Should i swap one of them out for Warrior, Black Mage, White Mage, Tifa or Wakka?

Absolutely in love with this game, I can see me putting lot of hours into it.

Your party is my party, you have no need for warrior, black mage at this point. You could replace Kain with Tifa or Tidus with Wakka for the event dungeon, but it's really not necessary.

Need to farm some Staff weapons, both Rydia and Black Mage use 1 star weapons. Bleh.

You should have gotten a whip around the time you got Rydia. It's a great weapon and enhances her magic and let's her do full (but weakish) damage from the back row.

I have three pulls ready (probably four by the end of today) but I kind of want to wait until Saturday, I really would be annoyed to waste a good Five Star on Tifa.

Tobinishi

Your party is my party, you have no need for warrior, black mage at this point. You could replace Kain with Tifa or Tidus with Wakka for the event dungeon, but it's really not necessary.

Great, thanks. Would love to get Sephiroth but I'm far from being strong enough...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom