• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lenna hits for 6k with Dia on the blue enemies in Lenna event.

It's hilarious.

Hmm I might do that for the farewell round, I have pulled her from my party at level 47. Lenna plus jstaff+ throw in a hypno crown and angel acc and see how high she can go with her mnd damage.needan undead ffv boss!

Jyrii

Banned
I just went from 1.5K to 230K gil because of the heroic daily dungeon. It's easy to master too unless you get hit with Platinum Dragon's Gale

I kind of wish this game would allow the use of 2 accessory slots as then more interesting set ups could happen. As it stands there is no reason to never not equip either an accessory that buffs your damage/heal stat, or one that gives extra evade/def to your lower leveled characters

That is really my thinking on the elemental rings. If they absorbed nullified or even a combo reduction in damage increase in elemental damage like the flame bow, that would be much more interesting to keep around for situations.

BasilZero

Kttkborl.png

Well, close one. I guess that means one more run to go....

I wish my characters were strong enough to get that many memories :(!

At least I got Lenna and Vanille in the last few days lol.

Razmos

Wait, holy shit. Record Materia can be equipped by any character once unlocked? I thought it would be limited to the character the materia is unlocked with.

No wonder people were leveling up the crappy core mages and stuff. Eurgh, I wish i'd done that now.

Falk

that puzzling face
So I just remembered/realized that Fire Shield (IV) DECREASES your fire res (and adds ice resistance)

I feel stupid now, no wonder PalaCecil was getting destroyed by chump-mode Liquid Flame's AOE.

p.s. Yes, that's how it was in FFIV but good lord that's not how it works. You see a guy wearing full red armor, the last thing you think would be he's weak to fire and resists ice. Ditto/vice versa a guy wearing blue armor.

aughagjajf

Kaiterra

Banned
Pffft. Got Thundaja first thing this morning, so I moved on to finishing up the Classic dungeons I still had left to do. Just beat Mi'ihen Highroad and got 5 mythril. The last few days, any rare pulls I've been getting I've been using on Vanille's banner because not only is her staff good, I want any FFXIII gear I can get, right? Well this time I just went on a whim "Eh it's the last day Lenna's banner is up let's give it one last shot."

BAM! Busted out laughing as soon as it appeared onscreen:

So I just remembered/realized that Fire Shield (IV) DECREASES your fire res (and adds ice resistance)

I made pretty much that exact same mistake before too. Whoops.

Roto13

Got Thundaja last night. Needed 9000 and change. One run gave me 4000 which was annoying because I thought I might have to do three runs instead of two, but then my next run gave me 8000 so it was fine.

Back to grinding the Lenna event. I'd like to get some Greater Thunder Orbs to hone Thundaja.

I keep getting damn double anima runs. Luckily i can beat it now by just defending with everyone except when using breaks, and letting snow do all the damage, but it's really stressful and i always end ip beating the second one after like 10 S/Ls and 2-3 people dead. At least I'm almost done, only completed it 3 times and I'm at 120k (because of the normal/hard clears)

Razmos

Eep, didn't realize the Lenna event ends tonight. I hated it anyway, such measly amounts of Magicite per run, and annoying enemies to fight too.

I'll stick to the Vanille event. I'm at 80,000 memories by doing Hard mode, so it's nice to know that i'm nearly at Thundaja.

Vorpal

Today is officially G I L D A Y. I'm hoping to run Heroic enough times that I wind up with infinite money. Give me all of the money

Made a wordpress blog where I'm going to post future updates about FFRK Inspector so I don't have to keep spamming here.

https://ffrki.wordpress.com/2015/05/30/preparing-for-public-release/

The Inventory Analyzer is pretty much done, at least good enough to release and call it a beta. I'm sure some things aren't perfect yet, but I keep getting emails asking when it's going to be ready, so I might as well get it out there now.

I'm still getting mileage out of the spreadsheet you made, but this is looking seriously cool. Thanks for all the work you've put into it!

Roto13

Today is officially G I L D A Y. I'm hoping to run Heroic enough times that I wind up with infinite money. Give me all of the money

I'm still getting mileage out of the spreadsheet you made, but this is looking seriously cool. Thanks for all the work you've put into it!

I have 1.8 million GIL. Kind of wish there was something I could spend it on. Wish I could buy orbs or something.

Vorpal

I have 1.8 million GIL. Kind of wish there was something I could spend it on. Wish I could buy orbs or something.

Yeah, more uses for gil would be great. Gil is always a non-issue until I need to combine equipment or hone high-level abilities, at which point I combine/hone one thing and suddenly I'm completely broke.

I'm thinking of just getting the Experience Eggs instead of Greater Orbs. Thoughts?

If you're happy with the abilities you have, I'd say grab the eggs. I think it's easier to invest in orbs only when you have a specific ability you want to craft or hone as soon as possible. I used the Lenna event to make Bladeblitz and Protectga (both of which I started using immediately), but I couldn't bring myself to keep farming magicite in order stockpile other orbs "just in case."

At the same time, I plan to skyrocket Locke as soon as he joins my party, so experience eggs seemed extra valuable to me.

Razmos

Question: can Locke use spears?

It would be such a waste for my 5* Golden Spear to have synergy in the next event but not be usable by any of the characters with synergy

Red Mage

Yeah, more uses for gil would be great. Gil is always a non-issue until I need to combine equipment or hone high-level abilities, at which point I combine/hone one thing and suddenly I'm completely broke.

If you're happy with the abilities you have, I'd say grab the eggs. I think it's easier to invest in orbs only when you have a specific ability you want to craft or hone as soon as possible. I used the Lenna event to make Bladeblitz and Protectga (both of which I started using immediately), but I couldn't bring myself to keep farming magicite in order stockpile other orbs "just in case."

At the same time, I plan to skyrocket Locke as soon as he joins my party, so experience eggs seemed extra valuable to me.

Well, Locke is like Rinoa, so I'll get several before I have him. I'm just tired of the
Lenna event's poor output in terms of orbs. I'd rather farm Phantom Train than her event.

What's the most efficient way to get 5,000 memory crystals? Hard will take me a full clear (51 stamina to get that). But I don't know if Heroic gets to the 5k mark before or after the 5th battle.

Wazzy

Banned
What's the most efficient way to get 5,000 memory crystals? Hard will take me a full clear (51 stamina to get that). But I don't know if Heroic gets to the 5k mark before or after the 5th battle.

Hard get's 5k in the last fight unless your path is different in which case you can end up with 7 or 8k.

Ah crap, I guess he can use my Moonring Blade then.

God I have so many VI equipment. This event is gonna be a breeze. Nearly a full party of VI synergy and with them all decked out in VI equipment, it's gonna be fun.

Yep, I have a lot of VI synergy as well. And locke seems like a worthy character to use.

Hopefully his event is as good as vanille's and his banner includes some good weapons alongside his.

Beelzebubs

Will ask in here. Have a few level 50 characters (Seph, Cloud, Rydia and Cyan) but am thinking about using these for heroic Anima when I get them up to about 48/49. Have no issues with Hard on this current setup.

ypwFqxa.png

For Heroic I'll be using these abilities:

Tyro - r4 Retaliate + r3 Thundara Strike
Tidus - r2 Double Cut + r1 Power Break
Snow - r2 Double Cut + r1 Armour Break
Wakka - r2 Double Cut + r1 Boost
Vanille - r4 Curaga + r2 Thundaga

Only reason I'm thinking about this as I only have 2 5* naturals and it's the Sentinel Grimoire and Rydias and want to level up my FFX characters for elites.

Do you think it would make sense to use the retaliate meta to attempt Heroic seeing as I would essentially have the Tyro's Sentinel break up constantly? Or could you offer any other suggestions.

Negator

I had an error and tried reinstalling but when I input my ID I made for them it just restarted from scratch, they didn't save my game data on the server. -_-

Ugh fuck. Is this an iOS problem? I can't imagine Android users having problems unless they lose access to their google account.

Road

I am so bad at this game. I once again started a fight and forgot to hit autobattle. I only won the fight because my team survived long enough for my phone to go on standby.

A recent update in Japan allow us to make auto-attack the default starting option for every battle.

It's crazy how this game was developed without going through any testing because these are basic features anyone playing for 5 minutes would miss.

I had an error and tried reinstalling but when I input my ID I made for them it just restarted from scratch, they didn't save my game data on the server. -_-

That hurts. But they certainly save everyone's data on the server or does Japan saves only offline? Try contacting DeNA.

Razmos

Actually managed to beat a route that had 2 anima in a row at the end. Took me about 4 resets on the second anima, and it was a nail biting finish, but fuck yeah.

At this point what are you guys looking at to find the best places to farm orbs?

I really want to finish off the double cuts I have so I want to work on getting lesser Power and Wind orbs.

Is there any stage that drops both of them?

SunGod

At this point what are you guys looking at to find the best places to farm orbs?

I really want to finish off the double cuts I have so I want to work on getting lesser Power and Wind orbs.

Is there any stage that drops both of them?

Not sure if they're the best but Solitary Isle dungeons only drop lesser power and wind orbs. 3 battles, 1 enemy each battle for 7 stamina.

A recent update in Japan allow us to make auto-attack the default starting option for every battle.

It's crazy how this game was developed without going through any testing because these are basic features anyone playing for 5 minutes would miss.

They really need to bring those updates to the NA client. I really want to adjust battle speed, more than anything else. That is something I feel actually impacts the gameplay while a lot of the other stuff is more along the lines of content or convenience.

I've noticed the order of attacks is much different when I play on auto-battle compared to manual input, meaning that auto-battle is actually a superior method of playing the game in some instances because you will more often get your attack in before your opponents get theirs. So I really want to slow things down when every second counts. And maybe I'll be able to input my attacks in the order I want to put them in and not just the order they appear in order to save time.

Roto13

Finished both events, so I guess I'll do the Elites I haven't done yet. Up next: Kilika Woods. I'm comin' for ya, Ochu. At least that 4-star FFX sword I got from the relic pull is good for something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom