• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Lenna!

46 Black Orbs
382 Lesser Fires
135 Fires
37 Greater Fires
144 Holy
8 Greater Wind

Almost all of these barring a chunk of the lesser fires were acquired through the event, not to mention additional of the lesser darks and earth (had a ton from running vector already, total of 75 earth orbs)

not to mention getting:
Lenna to 47
Vanille to 45
Snow to 44
Luneth to 40 (this is my favorite of the recent paintings through Vanille)
BM to 49 (one battle away from 50)
WM to 49 (one battle away from 50)

I still have 7 chars between 32 and 25, but I got them all a couple of levels and can drag them along with a higher level team as prudent.

Now on to wrap up Vanille, about 1/3rd of the way there already mastering Heroic once.

Falk

that puzzling face
Probably will write up another crystal ball post tomorrow when the announcement confirms/denies Locke event.

Roto13

Got petrified in the fourth floor of the Kilika Woods dungeon and autobattle killed the last enemy before I could save scum.

Waste of 60 stamina. I'd rather be grinding.

Well my party's strong enough to to do vanille hard. Not master but able to beat it with a few heal trips. I'm also good enough to be able to master the Gil daily on hard. I'm short on stamina for the last one but I should be good

I really need to make sure I close my app after I exit or sometimes it will glitch out and i can't see the health bars which can cause trouble

Wazzy

Banned
I hope we get the next event announced soon. It's going to be interesting if Locke is next or if the order is switched around again. I'm thinking Lockes is still next but they'll skip Tidus event and go to Squall instead.

I hope we get the next event announced soon. It's going to be interesting if Locke is next or if the order is switched around again. I'm thinking Lockes is still next but they'll skip Tidus event and go to Squall instead.
I need some nice new relic banners. I'm getting an itchy trigger finger for another 11 pull.

Falk

that puzzling face
Fuck you DeNA. My JP FFRK data is gone because of their shitty ID system. >=(

I had an error and tried reinstalling but when I input my ID I made for them it just restarted from scratch, they didn't save my game data on the server. -_-

It really pains me that as great as a game this (and others like it) is, it's pretty much shackled to the freemium business model where the people in charge essentially don't give a shit what happens to individual accounts as long as it never hits a critical mass of people leaving, since there's always more schmucks willing to call in whale airstrikes, and it doesn't affect their business if a couple of f2p players quit.

It feels in many ways like having a ticking time bomb strapped to you and you just have to enjoy life as much as possible and not worry about when it's going to go off.

edit: If I ever have to voluntarily change phones or reinstall or whatever, I'm probably going to get a 3rd device, transfer there and make sure it works for a day or two first before nuking the old one. Same for all the other freemium crap on my phone.

If my phone gets stolen... well I'll probably have a shit ton more things to worry about than a mobile game or two. :V

Road

Just realized now Vanille event gives a thundaga, which is useless since I had already honed one to lv2.

The lesson learned is to now look for the next dozen events rewards so I don't waste orbs again...

wevelling up my ffvi dudes in time for locke. thank you sunday dungeon!

what is the point in the tidus event, we already have tidus, right?
I think Tidus was a gift only for week one players or something, so plenty people don't have him.

Razmos

The lesson learned is to now look for the next dozen events rewards so I don't waste orbs again....
A heads up that we get 2 Blizzaga in the next event then ;)

I guess i'd better craft and possibly hone Watera before the next event starts. and hone Water Strike if necessary.

Just realized now Vanille event gives a thundaga, which is useless since I had already honed one to lv2.

The lesson learned is to now look for the next dozen events rewards so I don't waste orbs again...

I think Tidus was a gift only for week one players or something, so plenty people don't have him.

ahhhh yes. forgot that that was how i got him. ah well!

Red Mage

I started after the first week and got him. o_O

elty

Got a heroic route with 2 Anima. Used all my heals before the final battle, managed to win with only Snow and Cloud standing.

It was a nice run too with 2 4* orb dropped.

Giard

Should I be waiting for a special event to spend my Mythril or just go for it whenever? Seems like the events are only for the new weekly characters every time.

I wish I had the patience to grind endlessly like everyone here can.

All I really do is get daily Mythrils and attempt dungeons I am grossly under-leveled for.

Should I be waiting for a special event to spend my Mythril or just go for it whenever? Seems like the events are only for the new weekly characters every time.
There will be other types of special banners too. We've already had a couple. Saving for 11 pulls is really the only way to maximize your pulls, then just use them on a banner for something you want.

I wish I had the patience to grind endlessly like everyone here can.

All I really do is get daily Mythrils and attempt dungeons I am grossly under-leveled for.

Hard Vanille is a pretty good goal. I'm almost at Thundaja running exclusively that, then I'll try for Heroic. I've put off elite dungeons until I had gotten a full set of 50's to work with, which I now have, thanks to the event grinds.

Falk

that puzzling face

Realistically you'd want to wait for a banner that will have a better chance of shoring up any Record Synergies that you may be lacking in. While the chances of each pull are still minimal, little chance is better than no chance.

e.g. for many of us playing since a while back, it was XIII gear, while we're flooded in XII, IV V and VI, and lacking VIII and X gear still.

We still have virtually zero IX loot outside of a couple of daggers, too.

Roto13

Ugh, Karnak Castle is bullshit. Enemies have too much HP. Takes forever to kill them so I always lose an Actions Taken medal and I can't master it overall. Even with Protectga and a zillion status ailments, there's no way to not lose damage and actions medals on the boss fight.

Deadly

Decided to use my mythril since Vanille ain't so bad so I gave a shot at her weapon. Got 2 Blitz swords and a metal knuckle instead. Can't wait for the next FF8 event!

Wazzy

Banned
I need some nice new relic banners. I'm getting an itchy trigger finger for another 11 pull.

Yeah I'm still holding off for Squall since he's coming up soon. I'm hoping to have 200 myhtril ready for him by the time his banner rolls around. xD

I might hold off pulling until I actually get him, though.

Meneses

I think i'm keeping my 50 pull for whenever Squall's event drops, even though I really like Locke too. I'll try a few single pulls with whatever mithril drops during Locke.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Ugh, Karnak Castle is bullshit. Enemies have too much HP. Takes forever to kill them so I always lose an Actions Taken medal and I can't master it overall. Even with Protectga and a zillion status ailments, there's no way to not lose damage and actions medals on the boss fight.

One of the problems with a game like this where the difficulty gets lower as time goes on is that when you run into hard content, you always need to make the decision "Is there something I can do, or should I just wait for a few more sets of content to unlock for this to become trivial?"

Roto13

One of the problems with a game like this where the difficulty gets lower as time goes on is that when you run into hard content, you always need to make the decision "Is there something I can do, or should I just wait for a few more sets of content to unlock for this to become trivial?"

I should really just wait for the level cap break or something.

irFJcTTZk8YCK.png

Every single ability I have equipped has a specific role. I need to attack with Aerith to get her Soul Break gauge up so she can silence the boss before he can use that death claw attack. That brings my actions up, but both of her white spells are necessary, so I'd have to move one to Terra, but then she'd have to lose either Quake (necessary, along with Bladeblitz, for the dogs) or her other attack spell, or I can give Tidus Silence Buster, but then he'd lose one of those other useful abilties, which could be moved to Cloud, but then he would lose Double Cut, and ugh. I don't really have any problem surviving to the end. It's just the stupid restrictions for Mastery that don't recognize the fact that I am well prepared and I am actually doing incredibly well.

Maybe I should try swapping Aerith for Lenna, giving her the killer bow and Silencega, and just doing without Protectga.

Jyrii

Banned

After defeat against Shiva, I decided to leave the four last V elite dungeons till later. I don't even have protectga yet.

Razmos

Yay!
839cc3efd4f0057a68ff2af5840db248.png

Glad to have that over with. This is the first event I've fully farmed I think. Only rewards I missed out on in this event were the ones from completing/mastering Heroic. The biggest reward is
no more Anima

I need to get Watera now. Does anyone know a good place to farm Lesser Black Orbs?

Wazzy

Banned
Forza down. That fight was extremely easy with my abilities now upgraded. Trying the 70 elites right now and hopefully they're not too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom